Hi from Mrs Wombat.. really!!

Hey CAGers.. sorry I have been so MIA lately.. work has been killing me and the last thing I want to do when I get home at night is log on to my laptop.. that and I have been mourning the demise of VM and the end of my beloved Gilmore Girls.. DAMN YOU CW network.. DAMN YOU!!! Anyway, onto the questions..

Welcome back lurknomore.. Im glad to see you decided to come back to the thread..

My number?? Its on all the bathroom stalls.. havent you ever seen it??.. for a good time call 1800 mswombat.. call me sometime.. Thats how I met Wombat.. it was destiny since I evidently already had the wombat in my name.. ;)

Wombat & myself aren't religious per se.. We respect the idea of religion and we have a religion.. we believe in G-d.. but we do not attend services or anything like that.. On a personal note, I do not think religion should "define" a person.. I think there is more to life than religion.. but thats just me.. so don't crucify me for making that life choice..

WE are both jeans and tees type of people on the weekends.. I'm a bit more trendy in my selection of clothing.. but on the weekends I tend to wear whatever is most comfortable..

get rid of one friend from Wombat's life??? Umm.. noone.. they all have a reason to be in his life and therefore I wouldnt get rid of any of them.. sorry to be so nice in that comment but its the truth.. I may not get along with all his friends all the time.. but that is no reason to get rid of them..

As for basketball.. I dont follow it.. never liked watching that sport.. I find it boring.. so suns, spurs, senators.. who knows.. in 5,6 or 7 games.. I just hope its over soon.. the only months I care about is September thru February.. so when football comes back.. you can ask me questions about sports then.. sorry :(

My favorite Nintendo character is Princess Peach.. cause shes a girl and she can kick some ass.. and float a really long time with her umbrella.. and she wears pink.. my second favorite is Yoshi.. cause his name is so silly and he has a kind face..

And as for the word "cunt".. its isnt the greatest word in the world.. but I do think most women have a good reason to hate it as it is usually used in a negative way.. am I one of those girls that would kick you to the moon and back if you said it outloud within ear distance of me.???. no.. but it certainly wouldnt make me happy to hear it.. especially if another woman was being called a "cunt".. Men should use these words carefully.. what I would be curious about is why some men honestly think that the word is an ok work to use..?? Just dont use the word unless you are ready to get your balls kicked..

Thanks everyone for reading and posting.. Ill be back soon.. Ciao for now..

[quote name='mrswombat']the end of my beloved Gilmore Girls.. DAMN YOU CW network.. DAMN YOU!!! Anyway, onto the questions..[/QUOTE]

So Mrs. Wombat, what were your opinions on the series finale of Gilmore Girls (you can include plots from episdoes leading up to the finale as well)?

Personally I felt that the last episode was entirely too anti-climatic. It felt very rushed. Sure, it was sort of a feel good way to end to the show with Lorelai and Luke seemingly in very good terms, and Rory getting that job, but it felt extremely lacking none the less. I watched the episode with my sister-in-law and she felt the same way. On a side note, she got a little teary-eyed during the last 20 minutes or so of the show.

I really would have liked to have known how Amy Sherman-Palladino would have closed the show...

Anyway Mrs. Wombat, how do you feel about the end to our beloved Gilmore Girls?

[quote name='mrswombat']what I would be curious about is why some men honestly think that the word is an ok work to use..?? [/quote]

Four letters, one syllable, and the power to turn a perfectly sane woman into a blood thirsty bitch.

[quote name='Smaqaho']Four letters, one syllable, and the power to turn a perfectly sane woman into a blood thirsty bitch.[/quote]

This is very true. I really don't think there is a male equivalent word that woud piss off a guy. Maybe fag...

Thanks for the welcome back, Mrs.W. Thanks for answering once again.

You cleverly side-stepped the "your number" question because I am confident that you and I both know that I was not asking for your telephone number. Touche. It is clearly evident that you are an intelligent person, so...anywho. I will let that question slide...and perhaps keeping this knowledge away from Mr. Wombat's anxiety-riddled mind is a good thing for all concerned.

Speaking of Senor Wombat, I have yet to listen to the most recent podcast nor have I made the time or have the effort to read the anti-Wombat threads and postings, as I said and thought that I would. One would think that I would because of my disdain for Wombat, but the reality and truth is...is that I like the guy on the CagCast. Yes, I hate and detest his character, but he provides a nice contrast and corollary to all that is his Almighty CheapyD. Yes, I wish that he would come a bit more prepared...but when he does come ready, he does provide insightful and opinionated commentary. It is rare that someone on popular PodCasts really speak their mind and take a stand, for the fear of embarassment. So please tell Wombat that having "haters" is a good thing. That is part and parcel his job on the PodCast. Please tell him to be more confident in his opinions and bring out more of his inner hubris. Yes, I can't stand it and yes, it will continue to grate against the many of us...but it is good for the show, and it is what makes Wombat Wombat. As much as I detest the Wombat character, it is what makes the CagCast. We all hate things, but that's what makes life interesting, full and entertaining. Plus, the CagCast is show business (though below the rank and notoriety of even a syphillus-infected circus clown)...so nobody really takes it seriously, and he shouldn't take the criticism personally or to heart.

And truth be told, if I lived in NYC, we'd probably be friends. I've come to realize that the CAG community may be a diverse one, but we have many similarities and are more alike than not. The same would apply for MrWombat.

Back to topic, let's talk VM. It is looking like VM will continue though will jump ahead to the pre-FBI years in its next season. But for now, should I continue watching? Are you still enjoying the show? I love the actors, and KB is the Bee's knees. I like that my wish was fulfilled, but the Piz and the VM thing just isn't working as I thought that it would. And seeing Logan mope around is ridiculous and quite sad, not in a boohoo way, but pitiful. I wish that Leo would come back into the picture and provide some more relationship conflict between the 4 of them. And above all, what I really enjoyed about the first two seasons of VM were the large story arcs and its innovative weekly storylines. The episodes now seem like they were written by a high school student. There is no more excitement or innovation...let alone a sense of danger. So convince me to stick with these guys. Please. I really want to continue watching the show, but they're really killing me here.

[quote name='Brak']Lurknomore is in love.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but not to MrsWombat I assure you and the rest of the interwebs.

For all we know, this is just an elaborate hoax by Wombat...and besides for that one CagCast, there is no evidence of her existence. She is most likely a sophisticated bot, methinks.

[quote name='lurknomore'] She is most likely a sophisticated bot, methinks.[/quote]

I agree, seems Wombat would rather play with bots than real people anyways:D

OK.. ok.. Wombat isnt smart enough to get a bot to do his bidding.. so I can still say that I am very real and very much married to the man we call Wombat.. elaborate is not a work in Wombat's vocabulary..

As for my beloved CW cancellations.. I agree that Gilmore Girls was extremely anti-climatic.. I think the writers honestly thought they would get an 8th season to wrap everything up.. The cancellation kind of came at the last minute and I dont think they had enough time to rightfully make the plot work to an adequate ending for the series.. I would also love to know how ASP would have ended the series.. I did get teary eyed by the end of the show.. and was just overly sad to see it end.. So i think they just had to get to a point where people felt they "understood" what was to be.. but I do wish they had at least a 2 hour movie to finish it up properly.. I honestly thought the whole Rory and Logan not getting together was anticlimatic.. I mean come on.. he just walked away from her.. and the Luke and Lorelei plot line.. was forced to quickly.. it didnt really feel right.. sweet and all.. but too definitive.. I sort of wished they at least they should of ended the way they did about 5 minutes earlier and done a flash forward thing.. like 2 years later.. And Luke and Lorelei are together, she's preggers, Rory ends up with Logan after she comes back from the "election trail".. and they are engaged.. and the final scene could of been EVERYONE and their partners around the Friday night dinner table with the grandparents..and they are chatting.. fighting.. quipping.. and they fade out.. that would of been full circle to me.. Its a shame to see it go..

Even more so.. I am sad to see VM go as well.. but Kristen Bell will be the voiceover for a new TV show in the fall called Gossip Girl so I will at least get to hear her in the fall.. I look forward to seeing her in something new in the future cause I really think she made the show what it was.. Anyway, as for the show now.. I was happy they hooked her and Piz up but have been disliking the vibe of the show in general. I really enjoyed when they had a multiarced show.. The big arc and the mini arcs.. thats what got me into the show and right now I still watch it because the boys are hotties and Kristen Bell rocks.. Logan is pitiful right now.. but talking from experience some guys do get like that.. and I just find it fun to see what idiotic thing he will do next.. Since there are only a few episodes left.. I will continue watching.. and to make the show better for myself.. I will just have to pop in the past seasons and remember how great it once was.. oh and Piz will be on Private Practice (the new Grey's spinoff).. so I will be watching him and his awesome abs on that show in the fall as well..

And thanks all for making me understand why the male race enjoy using the word CUNT.. makes a ton of sense.. and now I understand why I make men so mad back when they say it and never get the reaction they were hoping for from me.. I dont like the word.. but I certainly never get bent out of shape when I hear it.. maybe because no one has ever directed it right at me.. (that I know of) And now I will begin my quest of a word that would have a similar effect on a man.. hmmm..

Ciao for now CAGS!!! Sorry about the -ers last time.. I type too fast and dont think sometimes.. didnt mean to offend.. AGAIN!!

I don't know if any of you saw this quote that ASP said hopefully it comes true though.

"Amy [Sherman-Palladino] explained why she couldn't divulge her long-ago-planned Gilmore ending. In the next year or two, she hopes to make -- wait for it -- a two-hour Gilmore Girls TV-movie that ties up all those loose threads! (BTW, lest you think Amy was pulling my leg, her partner in life and in showbiz, Dan Palladino, confirmed that a GG reunion pic is something they're interested in pursuing.) Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide"

We will see in the future though.

This may not be the greatest first post but....I find it hilarious that your Wombat avatar has boobies. haha for acting like I'm in middle school again

[quote name='Wombat']I am bumping this thread if anyone would like to congratulate my wife on her new job, woo hoo![/QUOTE]
Congrats to the Mrs. of course...but I think that Mr. Wombat was happier to report it and share it on the Cagcast. It's nice to see a young couple in a healthy and supportive marriage.

Anyhow, Senor Wombat...if you could use your almighty powers, get your wife back on the 'Cast or get her on a cast of her own...it's time to re-invigorate this thread.

Congrats....can I have her old job?

Mrs. W- so are doing any cool new building types, a different speciality, etc. If I recall, your old firm mainly did TI. If you do any aquatics, my firm is an expert in that field.

Now is the time to get that license

w00t, I never knew this thread existed!
I proffered congratulations in the main CAGCast thread for this week, but it deserves to go here, too. :) Glad to hear people are appreciating you, mrs. wombat!!! :)

/tk

Gratz Mrs 'bat. They must have made a compelling offer, so extra kudos for whatever it is that they wanted so badly.

Thanks everyone for the congrats!! and thanks to my hubby for bumping the thread up.. I had no idea anyone still looked at this thread.. anyway, my job will be the same stuff.. better clientele.. higher end stuff.. but still corporate interiors.. with some broadcast, hospitality, etc.. should be cool.. I hope!!

As for getting back on the show.. that would be cheapyd's decision.. I can say it until Im blue in the face.. but if no one says anything then it wont happen..

Anyway, thanks again for all the kind words and if anyone has any new questions about wombat.. bring 'em on!!

Hey Mrs W, since going after Wombat directly doesn't seem to work, maybe you can prod him for me. I sent him an email back when he first asked for emails (to [email protected]) and he has yet to reply to it. Give him a poke for me, will ya. It's about Oblivion, so he ought to be happy to answer it ;).

Oh, and congrats on the job upgrade although for the life of me I can't tell what it is you do from the posts directly above :lol:.

So Wombat is like the trophy husband: he's got the wife who rakes in the dough, an award-winning podcaster (akin to a Playboy centerfold hah), and he's a semi-celebrity (in this small little community). You chose well Wombat. Congrats to the both of you on Mrs. Wombat's new job and the podcast's continuing success.

[quote name='io']Hey Mrs W, since going after Wombat directly doesn't seem to work, maybe you can prod him for me. I sent him an email back when he first asked for emails (to [email protected]) and he has yet to reply to it. Give him a poke for me, will ya. It's about Oblivion, so he ought to be happy to answer it ;).

Oh, and congrats on the job upgrade although for the life of me I can't tell what it is you do from the posts directly above :lol:.[/quote]
Going through the Mrs....Bad form, my friend. Bad form. ;)

It is my understanding that Mrs. Wombat is an architect.

congrats mrs. wombat on the new job. i sent wombat an email about it but he's a man of a few words when it comes to replies, lol...

[quote name='Tybee']Going through the Mrs....Bad form, my friend. Bad form. ;)

It is my understanding that Mrs. Wombat is an architect.[/QUOTE]

Bad form is noting (twice) in your podcast that you answer every question sent to you when you don't :lol:. But it's no big deal. It's a stupid question and I give up now. I guess I know where I stand now...

NVM - I resubmitted my question (forwarded my original to him again ;)) and this time he answered it within hours. Thanks, Wombat!

Ms Wombat,
You and Wombat should have a baby so Cheapyd's kid can have someone to play with. You can also name your kid after a Battlestar Galatica character like cheapyd did with his son.

Hello folks.. thank you for all the congrats.. AGAIN!! Tomorrow is my last day with my current firm and Monday I start the new job.. and yes.. I am an architect.. more specifically a Programmer/Planner/Designer.. I get to interact with clients alot.. get to know their requirements.. plan out the space.. and then make it look pretty.. thats my job in a nutshell..

io.. Im sorry that my hubby took so long to respond to your email.. but I can honestly say that he loves getting the fan mail and does take alot of time to answer all the questions.. so if he misses one every once in a while.. don't tar and feather him. Since he made that request for people to email him he has gotten like 100 emails a week..so it takes some time (which he doesnt have a ton of time since he works full time doing NOT the CAGcast)..

As for Wombat being crazy spending money & time on gaming.. well that would be like someone saying Im crazy for spending money on and time going shopping.. I have my hobby .. he has his.. but we are probably crazy anyway.. even without the hobbies.. so no.. I dont think he is crazy.. as long as it doesnt effect the timeline on the more important things on our life list.. like buying a house (which we are actively trying to do now) and having a baby (which wont be too far behind the buying of a house) then he can enjoy his gaming and I can enjoy my shopping excursions.. he actually has a better handle on his spending when it comes to gaming.. he IS a cheapassgamer.. than I do.. he has all the "cheap moves" down to a science.. If only I could trade in my clothes for new ones.. I would be so much richer..

And lastly.. Mahoney07... who DOESNT like cinnamon toast crunch!! Its awesome!! DUH!!

Thanks everyone... Ciao for now..

bread's done
Back