Hi from Mrs Wombat.. really!!

Yep the lesser "crow" is on my list.. but as Daniel Mead.. not a bird who changes into a human and kicks ass.. or whatever the Crow plotline is..

I have seen before sunset and before sunrise and did enjoy them.. but ethan hawke does nothing for me.. but they are sweet movies.. I think one of them made me cry.. whichever one came out first..

As for celebrities I resemble.. I dont know.. Ive been told I have one of those faces that everyone knows.. if that makes any sense. You know like, "Gosh, you look like someone I knew when I was younger.." that sort of thing.. Now, like a few weeks ago at a friends bridal shower, her mother told me I looked like someone but couldnt place it.. she was like.. maybe Demi Moore??.. but I dont think I look like her.. but who knows? It was a nice compliment anyway..As for Wombat.. hmmm.. Jon Lovitz is sort of right.. but cuter.. and much younger.. Ill have to think about that one a little more.. sorry

As for me in other threads.. i have posted in the TV Cooler thread once or twice.. I just dont have a ton of time to read all the threads and comment.. unless they are about tv or trends or movies.. I cant really comment on vgs and the other stuff.. but I do peruse the threads and if there is something for me to comment on without sounding like an idiot I do.. but I will try to post more on the the other threads..

Anyway, CAGs I will be on vacation for a week starting on Friday sooo dont be mad if I dont respond for a little bit.. but keep the questions coming.. Ill be sunning myself in Northern Florida... ciao for now!!

have fun in northern florida....
but when you come back PLEASE explain to everyone what was meant by "Mr.Wombat needs to masturbate more" as talked about in CAGCAST ep. 67

Of the two of you, who is more likely to cheat....to leave the marriage for whatever reason...to be abusive?

Please share. Thanks, and enjoy the vacation.

Hi, Mrs. Wombat! Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been listening to the CAGcast for about a year and a half and posting on the boards for about as long. I kind of identify with your husband, as I’m in my early 30’s and married to a lovely woman who makes more than I do (she’s an engineer and I work in publishing). We also have a precocious dog. I enjoy Wombat's perspective on things and yours, as it reminds me of a lot of the same discussions my wife and I have. Indeed, a lot of my attraction to CAG has to do with the fact that there seem to be a lot of guys here who have successfully integrated gaming into a well-rounded adult life involving a happy marriage and children.

I’m probably not as devoted to videogames as Wombat and some others here, as I only have a Wii and a DS, and most of my time is spent playing the latter while we watch TV or movies together. But video games are certainly something that need to be negotiated within a marriage. Maybe it’s this generation’s equivalent of the husband spending time at a bar or playing golf (neither of which appeal to me). My wife enjoys playing games occasionally (she loved the GameCube Animal Crossing, but quickly lost interest in the DS version), and will watch me play some games. But I probably play less than I would otherwise out of deference to her and a desire to keep our marriage on an even keel.

I was interested in what you said a while back about how you hope someday Wombat can stay home and raise the kids while you pursue your career. This was our plan too, for the first few years of our marriage, due to my wife’s greater earning potential. But as we’ve gotten closer to the time when we plan to start trying for kids, my wife has had a pretty serious change of heart and decided it is much more important to her to be able to raise our children full-time. And it's important to me that she has that. This has forced us to prepare for some pretty significant lifestyle changes and required me to become comfortable with the idea of being the sole breadwinner. Do you think Wombat could handle that responsibility? And do you think he’ll make a good stay-at-home dad?

BTW, thought you would be interested to know that my wife and I met because of John Mayer. This was back when he was a nobody playing listening room gigs down here in Atlanta, including one three blocks from our current house. I used to go see him back then and literally sat four feet away from him. The future Mrs. Tybee was searching a Yahoo group about him that I belonged to while I happened to be online. We started chatting and the rest, as they say, is history.

Anyway, keep up the good thread. My wife really enjoyed the episode with you and Mrs. Cheapy (as did I)!

Anyway, keep up the good thread. My wife really enjoyed the episode with you and Mrs. Cheapy (as did I)!

which episode was this? i've heard every episode of cagcast and i dont remember Mrs.Wombat or Mrs.CheapyD being on it.

[quote name='MrDemonicAngel']which episode was this? i've heard every episode of cagcast and i dont remember Mrs.Wombat or Mrs.CheapyD being on it.[/quote]"CAGCast 51: Of Mice and Mrs."

OK CAGS.. Im back from vacation and ready to get back into my thread.. so BRING IT ON!!!

To MrDemonicAngel: I wish I could explain the "more masterbation" thing.. but I really can't.. Wombat probably shouldnt of brought it up at all.. but it was "funny" Im sure for everyone.. Let's just leave it at it was the "therapist's recommendation"

To lurknomore: a bit of a "mean" question... not in a bad way but just sort of forcing me to think about such a "not so nice" topic... I would have to say I would be the one to cheat or stray.. I have, in my past, been known for doing that sort of thing. Its not something I am proud of and I would like to think I have matured since then. Neither one of us could be "abusive".. physically or mentally.. but like all married couples we have fights that hurt each of our feelings but we always work things out. I can not keep mad at Wombat for very long so we usually move past things quickly. But if I ever EVER cheated... Wombat would never let that go and would probably leave the marriage.. I hope to NEVER let that happen. We are both commited to each other and to our marriage..

To Tybee: Thanks for the nice sentiments.. Wombat and I are "real people" with the same "issues" as everyone else on this website.. and we really enjoy being sounding boards for all those couples out there that have that same fight regarding the balance between VGs and relationships.. so thanks!!

Anyway, Im back.. sunburnt and relaxed and ready to be back in the game.. so bring it on... and I still say if you all want another CAGcast with the wives.. let Wombat and CheapyD know it.. I only have so much power!!! Let them know what you want to hear.. Ciao for now!!!

Thanks for your continued honesty and your refreshing sense of true contemplation.

Tell us about your vacation...was this the wedding that Wombat was referring to in the CagCast?

How does it feel to have the intimate details your private life discussed on the Interwebs?

Do you have a myspace page (i.e. myspace.com/wombatsmilf)?

The second part was just a joke of course. ;)

The meatspin thing was hysterical if you ask me. Wombat truly had no idea what it was when CheapyD asked him to go to it.. The honest reaction was awesome I thought!! He got me with it too BTW!!! I almost puked up my lunch.. Wombat had a good laugh at my response to it..

My fav TMNT is Donatello because he wears purple and thats ny favorite color..yeah!! Turtle Power!!!!

As for my vacation.. well first it involved two weddings (pretty much in a row).. first we had a friends' wedding on LI .. during that noreaster that NY got.. we were both in the bridal party.. then we had to fly out on Saturday (we lucked out and didnt get cancelled or delayed.. and we went JetBlue) to go down to Fort Lauderdale for the second wedding which was a family wedding and was on Sunday night.. that wedding was Wombat's cousin's wedding.. both weddings were fabulous (and yes.. the ones Wombat mentioned on the show).. but the travelling was a bit stressful with the weather situation and all.. Wombat had to be back at work the next week so he flew home on Monday morning and I flew up to Orlando to go see my parents (they are snow birds and have a home in FL for Oct thru May). Now the funny thing is that my parents live in one of those "over 55 retirement communities".. this place is UNBELIEVEABLE.. it is TRULY Disneyworld for retired people.. It has its on zip code, two town squares, over 22 gold courses, clubs of every variety, free concerts, 2 pools per "village".. it has its own assisted living facility, its own hospital, etc... the best part is that everyone drives around in golf carts (there are regular streets for cars too but they actually have specific "golf cart" paths and tunnels and parking spaces) Its really funny yet I think it is a "oasis" for everyone who lives there. And for me it is the ultimate vacation because my parents pay for everything and I get to do whatever I want.. so I hit some balls at the driving range, went shopping, sat by the pool, ate out for every meal, got to see a free concert(broadway tunes.. hey it was free) and went to something that would be the equivalent of a high school talent show.. but with all retired people.. (pretty hysterical.. but surprisingly good.. those oldtimers know how to put on a show :) Anyway, the only downfall to the trip was dealing wiht my mother for longer than two days and missing my 2 loves at home.. Wombat and Zelda.. but I did need the break and I got a little bit of a tan.. so it was all good..

As for everyone discussing my intimacies on the air.. Ill be honest with you.. Im usually the one who gives Wombat the go ahead to mention it.. and EVERYTIME.. I regret saying it was ok for him to air.. this last one really got to me.. the masterbation thing.. but I know that things like that tend to go by the wayside in due time.. The CAGcast is not about the intimacies of WOmbat and I.. it has to do with video games and those who follow and love to play them.. so I tend to not care about out details being out there.. cause usually there is some game that really is more important to be discussed.. and to be really honest.. I kind of enjoy being talked about on the air or on the interwebs... as long as it is nice things.. and wombat knows that..

but anyway, no I do not have a myspace page.. joke or no joke.. wouldnt be able to keep it up to date.. the best I have is this thread.. cause I do actually enjoying finding no posts here.. and its easy to get Wombat to look at it too.. its a family affair!!!

[quote name='gunm']How does it feel to have the intimate details your private life discussed on the Interwebs?

Do you have a myspace page (i.e. myspace.com/wombatsmilf)?

The second part was just a joke of course. ;)
[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't wombatsmilf be his mom, not his wife?

*shudders*

Who would Wombat's arch-enemy be? You don't have to give out a name, but why does this guy/gal hate him...and what is the guy/gal all about?

Hey y'all.. Im back to answer the few questions that have been added..

Wombat have never bought a game just to buy the game.. he will at least play it once.. give it a shot.. he has bought games and only played them once or twice and then sold them back.. I can not get mad at Wombat for his purchases because he has the "trade in" down to a science.. we always joke that I spend more money on clothes then he does on VGs in a year.. so therefore I have nothing to complain about.. he is very good at getting VGs for next to nothing..

Wombat: semi-hard-working marsupial by day, HARD-ly working but playful marsupial by night.

For the record.. Wombat would be AMAZING with kids.. I know that one person said that having a dog doesnt mean a thing.. but I strongly disagree.. if how Wombat reacts and acts with Zelda now is any indication on what kind of father Wombat will be.. then he will be extremely caring.. overly cautious.. and ALOT of fun. Wombat will be stern but aware.. a friend and a disciplinarian.. When he is ready to have kids.. he will embrace it wholeheartedly..

As for Wombat's arch enemy... hmmm.. there are MANY CAGs that I can tell do not like him very much.. and I guess that comes with the territory.. to me.. its a sign of success.. to be successful you must be hated by some portion of the community.. I honestly dont know all the names of these people.. but no one is ever liked entirely.. and thats ok with me.. and I think Wombat is ok with that too.. I would like to think alot of it is partially jealousy and I also think that Wombat can come off as a know-it-all.. believe me... I Know.. Im married to him. there are days that I would say I AM HIS ARCH ENEMY...

Anyway, I am now up to date with answering your questions.. Thanks for playing.. Have a great Easter weekend!!!

What is your current favorite game or system to play? Do you think you would ever try an RPG, first-person shooter, adventure, or sports game?

Hey y'all.. you all must be getting bored of me cause the thread has dropped down the list.. oh well.. if you keep asking questions.. I will keeping answering them..

My favorite console to play is/was Gamecube.. I like the games on it in general.. I have ease of use of the controller and I can play it with my nephews (if they ever asked me).. I like the Wii now too.. but the games on it bore me after a few playings.. Although the new Paper Mario on it is AWESOME!! I watched Wombat play it last night and it seemed really easy and fun to play. As for console I like to watch.. I think the Xbox 360 is the best thing out there.. I just like the way it is all set up.. its too complex for me to play with but I will from time to time play a little Hexic.. I just can't get the controller down.. but thats just me..

And I have tried playing a few RPGs and first person shooters.. they just arent for me.. I tried playing co-op with Wombat on one of those WWII first person shooters(I forget the title) and just got lost with all the controllers and cameras and the like..and from time to time I do play Oblivion for Wombat when he is in the bathroom and I can just run through the towns and investigate.. The less buttons there are to know the better off I am.. And sport games.. meh.. just dont care for them..

And as for Wombat and his guitar.. do you mean his real one or the guitar hero one?? He is really into the guitar hero right now... and for his real guitar.. he really hasnt had time to play it for real.. plus it sort of freaks Zelda out when he does.. she barks at him until he stops.. As for what he plays on his guitar.. alot of classic rock.. although he does like to go to sheet music websites and play things at random (top 40 and old classics) and he also has original songs that he and his friend have done in the past that he will pluck at.. but mostly Classic rock stuff like AC/DC, Led Zepplin, etc..

OK.. for now

If i'm not mistaken, Wombat has a DS. Do you by chance have your own DS or use Wombat's?

You mentioned yousaw Wombat playing Paper Mario. Have you tried it yet? Seems my girlfriend likes the type of games you like. I'm wondering if she'll like it before I purchase it...

What do we need to do to get you on the Cagcast again?

I'm sure many people feel as I do, that the Mrs. Wombat and Mrs. Cheapy show was excellent! It's definitely one of my favorites!!

[quote name='mrswombat']Hey y'all.. you all must be getting bored of me cause the thread has dropped down the list.. oh well..[/quote]
*My Pavlovian senses are tingling...
Not at all, we could never get sick of you. Just giving you your space, is all.:grouphug:

What are some of Wombat's homosexual tendencies?

And do you care to share any embarrassing moments in the life of Wombat since you two have been together?

And finally, are more of Mr. & Mrs. Wombat's friends your friends or his?

toodles for now.

Hey Mrs. W, any ideas on a honeymoon spot? My fiance and I are thinking of going to the caribbean somewhere. The DR is high on our list right now since it seems you get a lot for your money.

hey CAGS!! I guess the saying "ask and ye shall recieve" goes true for the forums.. thanks for the questions.. Let's get to answering them..

Wombat does have a DS AND a DS Lite.. so I will borrow whichever one he isnt using if I want to play it.. but usually when I want to play it is usally when Wombat is busy playing something else.. I much prefer the DS Lite... so I will play that.. I do want my own PINK DS Lite.. but I dont think I would play it enough to garner me asking for one..

As for Paper Mario.. I have not played it yet.. but I DO LOVE watching Wombat play it (I am watching him play right now as I type this out) It looks a "teeny bit" complicated for me.. but I would give it shot when I get some time.. I enjoy helping Wombat solve puzzles and I see things he doesnt sometimes.. it makes for a good "team work" game..

As for getting Me and Mrs Cheapy back on the show... you would have to throw that out to the "boys" as a suggestion with some backing.. maybe put it in the CAG Bag.. or start a "thread petition" to get us back on.. Its harder than you would imagine.. Mrs Cheapy is a very busy woman.. and finding time to do the show with all our schedules meshing is a tough thing to accomplish.. but anyone who is interested in having us back.. say something.. make yourself heard!!

Ok Lurknomore.. you are starting to freak me out a little with your questions.. either you really hate my husband or you are really just out to humiliate him as best you can.. either way... KUDOS!!! but I will not always play into that game.. ;)

Wombat doesnt have any "homosexual tendencies"...

As for embarassing moments... I would share.. If I could think of one.. that will have to be a "to be continued" question..

As for our friends.. I would say we have a pretty even split of my friends and his friends.. but his friends are closer (geographically) and we hang out with them alot more often than mine.. but now I would like to consider them all "our friends".. but overall.. I will have to say that Wombat has stayed in touch with alot more people than I have.. but thats my own fault!!

As for honeymoon locations.. Wombat and I went to the Mayan Riviera (south of Cancun, Mexico) It was a short flight.. cheap as balls.. and all inclusive (that means we could drink from 9am til whenever) and this meant more money in our pockets after we got back.. I have heard good things about DR and also about Costa Rica.. but have never been.. For us it was important to have activities to do.. as Wombat has the attention span of a 4 year old and doesnt do well just sitting around and doing nothing.. so Cancun was perfect for us. Specifically the resort we picked was perfect for us.. it had day trips we could go on (Tulum, Chixen Ixta) and on the property was many other things to do (snorkeling, kayaks, etc) Also it was on an eco reserve so it was like being a guest in a zoo.. we did have pools and beaches to go to.. and we did have downtime.. so that is why we did what we did.. But to each there own.. but I know a bunch of people who went to DR and Costa Rica and loved it.. do your research and do yourself a favor and book it through a travel agent.. less stress and they can get you the best deals..

OK.. thanks again for the questions.. Keep em coming.. Ciao for now!!

Mrs. Wombat,

Since Cheapy's parents were on the show a couple weeks ago, some people have been encouraging the guys to have Wombat's parents on. Do you think your inlaws would make good guests on the CAGcast?

Thanks for the Kudos. My job has now been done. I'll stop tacitly annoying. But seriously...

I don't really hate Wombat, I just hate the character that he portrays on the CagCast...rather that character really annoys me. But my questions were not to "expose" Wombat or yourself, I assure you. The fact that you welcomed any question and you opened yourself up to any and all challengers...I took that to heart. Nothing more, nothing less. Farewell thread.

Edit: I don't see anything malicious with the "homosexual tendency" question. Allow me to re-phrase, what effeminate qualities does he possess? i.e. does he sit on the toilet to pee, enjoy taking baths, is anally clean(no pun intended), skips down the sidewalk, prissy about how he takes his coffee, etc. Adieu.

Since April 17 is just around the corner, I was wondering if you have filed your tax returns. Are you getting a refund? If so, are you planning to allow Wombat to get a Playstation 3 with the refund since that is the only next-gen system not bought? Maybe you could get your pink DS :).

Hello Cags!!

Wombat's parents would be very good guests on the CAGcast.. but as Wombat said.. it may be more difficult to do.. His father would insult him.. his mom would praise him.. it would just be a good ole time.. maybe someday we can do something with them. I know his mom would really love to get "on the air"

Many CAGs have said that I would love Rez.. but sadly I have not played it.. It may be too fast paced for me.. the fact of the matter when it comes to playing video games.. if you can "die".. I dont like it. Im a real sore loser and if Im not good at something.. I tend to back away from it.. This includes video games ..

Wombat and I do our taxes way in advance.. As soon as we both have our
W-2s from our places of work we give them over to my brother (my accountant) and he does it over a weekend.. We got our refund about 3 weeks ago and it immediately went into our savings.. we will NOT be purchasing any PS3 or pink DS Lite.. we use the refund to get closer to my dream of buying a house.. Wombat may be getting the PS3 in another way.. he is having the big 3-0 birthday in a few weeks.. either he will get it from a "friend" or he will get the money to purchase it on his own.. we will have to wait and see..

Wombat does not speak French at random.. he barely knows the English language.. but he will jump into accents from time to time at random.. he will be British and then Australian and then something else.. Thats always fun..

OH lurknomore... don't go away!! your questions really get me thinking.. when I say "freaking me out".. I just dont know where you are going with these things.. I certainly dont want to set up my husband for some sort of anti-Wombat rant (arent there enough of that).. and I do believe I said I wouldnt "always" play into it.. if the question is something I can answer.. I will.. if its something I am not comfortable with answering or just honestly dont have something to say about.. I wont.. and believe me when I say I understand the malice you feel towards his "character portrayal" on the air. He can come off as a dick and know-it-all at times.. But this is not the Wombat I am married to.. just the one that likes to ruffle some feathers.. Yesterday while he was doing the show.. there was a point in the show where even I wanted to go over to him and slap him.. he can be very annoying.. That is why I was giving you KUDOS for being so honest about your feelings towards him.. As for any "womanly attributes" he may have.. the only thing I can come up with is that he can worry like a woman sometimes.. he gets very uppity and frantic when something isnt the way he expects it to be.. other than that.. Wombat is a man all the way.. right down to the farting, keeping the toilet seat up after taking a wiz, not cleaning up after himself sort of way...

I do hope you stick around the thread, lurknomore.. your questions are some of the most interesting.. although I love any and all questions.. so all you CAGS.. I'm around.. awaiting more questions..

Ciao for now!!

when Wombat goes out to buy a game or "look" for a deal...does he go by himself or do you go with him? does he ask you to go with him? do you enjoy going with him? was there ever a time when you saw a deal before him and told him to buy it?

the ideology of all my question is pretty much in reference to my girlfriend and i. she does enjoy a good game or two but is still not converted into a gamer's wife....not saying i want to change her to be one but it would be nice if she supported my hobby a bit more...for instance, she'll never sit there and watch me play any game...she goes with me to look for a game but as soon as we step inside the store she'll becoming magically tired...i tried taking her to her shopping places first so she wont mind going to my game stores but then those are the times where she really DOES get tired...

i want to make her MrsDemonicAngel...

Just one question for Mrs Wombat…

how do you put up with Wombat? I only have to listen to him for 1 hour a week and that’s enough.

[quote name='mrswombat']Hello CAGcast community!!

I finally decided to take the plunge and register on CAG so that I could talk to the CAG listener-ship and field any questions about my hubby, Wombat... oh and read all the juicy stuff you all say about the CAGcast and my man..

I listen to every show and even read the podcast thread and realized that I could probably shed some light on the man that is Wombat, if asked..

Anyway, hope I am welcomed warmly and go ahead.. ask away..[/quote]

hi Mrs. Wombat! tell Wombat to stop showing off his naked body in his secret youtube videos :p

Hey all

I'm gonna go straight into the few questions that were asked.

MrDemonic Angel: All I will say is thank god that Ann Taylor Loft is right next door to EB... Ok.. Seriously, I can handle being in the game stop with him for about 5 minutes.. I will go with him if he knows what he is getting or if he is trading in games (the games fit in my purse.. so I am the designated "carrier of the games") but if he is going to browse.. I usually can't stay with him. I get a headache in the store and my feet start to hurt from standing. So, I usually go shopping next door and we will meet outside at a designated time. And that goes visa versa.. if I want him to go shopping with me.. he will come but will go to EB instead of holding my purse while I try on clothes.. I do occasionally stick around EB and play whatever is on the kiosk game.. Like the last time I went with Wombat.. I played that silly Cloning Clyde game on the 360 while Wombat did his thing.. And magically I made it til he was ready to go.. but that is a rarity for me..In general though, when he brings home a new game.. I will sit and watch him play for a while to see if it is something I can get into or not.. if it is.. then great.. if not.. then we know that it is a game he should play when I say I will go do something else..

Hex Blade: How do I put up with Wombat? I just do.. I married him remember? I knew what I was getting myself into.. Yes.. he can be annoying.. yes.. he is a know it all.. and yes.. he can make me really mad and frustrated with his commentary but you really got to know him to love him. Wombat is a character that a bit bigger than the man I married and I do hope the CAG community realizes that. There are many of you that can't stand him.. and thats ok.. but do realize that he is still a man who outside of the weekly podcast makes a decent living, knows alot about things, and wants to get the most for his money.. AND may occasionally not realize that what he says "on air" can come off a little obnoxious.. Its a little like Howard Stern.. he plays a character.. but in real life.. he actually is a good guy.. so cut Wombat some slack.. and let him piss you off a little.. it just means he is doing his job..

LiK: you found those videos!! damn!! I knew I should of erased them off the hard drive when I could of!! ;) I'll let Wombat know.. thx :p

Q: Wombat has been taking some criticism concerning his peformance on the CAGcast. How does he handle this? Does he brood, gets angry, or does he brush it off?

He also seems to be a very polarizing figure. Some peole love him while others can't stand him. Does this accurately reflect his real life personality?

[quote name='mrswombat']Wombat may be getting the PS3 in another way.. he is having the big 3-0 birthday in a few weeks.. either he will get it from a "friend" or he will get the money to purchase it on his own.. we will have to wait and see..
[/quote]

Man I did not realize how far u spilled the beans with that comment almost a month ago:hot:. did you know in Advance what CheapyD was getting him? Or was that a fluke?

Back to the important questions: Did you check out the new VM this week and were you happy with the ending? I personally enjoyed when Dick was locked in the room and saw the two girls' silhouettes kissing.

VM was great this week - a little too much 7th Heaven style preaching to the audience but the Pulp Fiction scene made up for it. It's such a shame that they are going to get cancelled.

While we're on the subject of gift-giving, do you personally prefer sentimental gifts or "value" gifts (meaning, how much it potentially cost--i.e. diamonds)? Like say on a first date, you bought these deck of cards of things women love to hear and you read them to each other and you got that a few years later, framed, with your favorite phrase. Or do women outgrow these sentimental things like that in favor of more "lasting" things?

Honestly, have you ever really just rolled your eyes at a gift that was being passed off as sentimental? Or does the thought and effort put into it really matter to all women?

Yeah!!! More questions to answer.. This is F-U-N.. Ok.. on to it..

Wombat is a moper ...especially when he is being "attacked" from all ends.. he will sit in fron tof the computer and read the forums and you can just tell that he is taking it all to heart.. but I would also say that having a weekly podcast doesnt allow him to really have time to let it "get him down".. The criticism comes with the territory and he gets that.. within a week's time he has to face up to it.. cause it usually comes up on the podcast.. but he does read the forums and take things to heart.. In fact when HexBlade started that thread, Wombat asked me what I thought.. and I did tell him that he does sometimes comes off as a "douchebag".. I told him I would call him out on it and I think you all should too.. he does listen and even though it may not be overnight he will learn to balance out the smart and witty comments right along with the childish and demeaning commentary that he has become known for..

As for the polarity and his personality.. I would say no.. its not like that at all.. He has had the same friends for years.. when people actually get to know him.. they really like him.. ask someone like shipwreck whom Wombat now talks to on a regular basis.. You got to know him to love him.. you may not like his on air personality but in real life.. Wombat is a pretty cool and respectable guy.. but you guys dont want to hear that.. Wombat's a douchebag!!! :)

As for the birthday gift.. no.. I didnt have inside info about the gift.. but we all had a "feeling".. and the feeling became more real when the boxes arrived.. it had to be a PS3.. but I was right on both accounts.. a "friend" did get it for him.. but he also got enough cash to buy it for himself if he really wanted to get it..

VM was good this week.. and I still have my fingers crossed that they may either get picked up or at least re-formatted. I really love Kristin Bell and her portrayal of VM.. if the character can stay even in a new format.. that would make me happy.. Ive heard they may re-format the show as VM four years down the road as a full fledged FBI agent.. it could be interesting.. But as for this week's episode.. I enjoyed it.. and I'm sort of happy they are trying the new love interest for VM.. I love the jealousy angle with Logan and all.. Im a drama queen.. so Im all for that angle.. we will see what happens in the next few weeks.. so sad that it may be the LAST weeks of VM.. boohoo!!

THe PS3 is alright.. Im not BLOWN AWAY by it by any means.. and Wombat is REALLY getting frustrated with how slow it downloads demos and the like.. but it does look good and we did just watch our first bluray disc on it.. Again.. I didnt really notice a difference between bluray and DVD on the HD TV.. but Im a girl and I dont usually notice that sort of things.. but Wombat is enjoying it so far.. he got a birthday gift in the mail today.. another PS3 game (Tony Hawk).. so his PS3 collection of games is slowly increasing..

SteveMcQ: First off.... awwwwwww... I would love that gift.. I, personally, am a sentimental girl who happens to like expensive things.. so Im a little bit of both.. but I will say it depends on the girl.. I know girls who will leave their magazines or catalogs dogearred with the exact thing they want their man to get them.. and their are others who will pull the "its the thought that counts" or the "as long as you thought about it I will love it" cards.. if you know your woman then you will know what to do.. I would think that it would depend on the occasion.. if its say a 6 month anniversary thing.. then the sentimental things will not only be appreciated but will seem romantic and you WILL get laid.. but if its a birthday thing.. then the sentiments will be nice.. but it better not be the only thing in your arsenal of gifts.. you will need the "value" gift as well as the "cherry on top".. but this is just me talking.. I mean for my 30th birthday.. I had to tell Wombat what to get me.. point blank..he does not do well with hints or suggestions.. but if you have given thought to this gift then Im sure your woman will love it..I have gotten sentimental gifts in my past (like I said Wombat doesnt really think outside the box) and they have made my heart skip a beat... so of course we are suckers for the "sentimental" gifts..Id love to know how it goes.. good luck...

Ok CAGs.. great questions.. hope I have answered them to your satisfaction.. keep them coming.. Ill be back when there are more questions to be answered.. Ciao for now ;)

Mrs.Wombat most HD DVD fans aren't impressed when they watch BR discs so don't be surprised.
The only real thing I see right now that BR has an advantage in is scratch protection.

Ok, well, I am back. After a hiatus, and our miscommunication all cleared up mrswombat, as a little bird PM'd me...I've decided to come back to the thread so long as you continue to answer questions and enjoy as much as I continue to enjoy posting here. Anywho, again thanks for clarifying in your post a few weeks ago. I'll post more about all things Wombat after I read that lengthy and relatively popular anti-wombat thread. But for now back to questions and all things topical per the thread.

I seriously thought about leaving the whole VM thing. After that Pussycat ridiculousness stole VM's spot and with this season sort of dragging along, I thought that that would be the end of my love of VM and Kristin Bell. So I watched tonight. Didn't really love it, but was glad to see her good old friends from Neptune High being prominent in it...also I love the fact that Leo is back in her life and that Piz is "the one" right now...and that Logan is tortured. God damn I love seeing Logan in pain.

On to the provocative questions:
What is your number? And does Wombat know it?
Are you religious? Are the two of you religious together?
What are your respective casual clothing styles?
And if you could get rid of one friend from Wombat's life, who would that be?

Have a good night mrs.

bread's done
Back