Hi from Mrs Wombat.. really!!

Hi all, Mr. Wombat here (remember me), Mrs. Wombat has pretty bad cold and shes kinda stuck in bed. So she may not get to the most recent questions as quickly as before, but please feel free to continue to post as she really likes hearing from everyone. And for the record she looks better than Shakira ;)

[quote name='Wombat']Hi all, Mr. Wombat here (remember me), Mrs. Wombat has pretty bad cold and shes kinda stuck in bed. So she may not get to the most recent questions as quickly as before, but please feel free to continue to post as she really likes hearing from everyone. And for the record she looks better than Shakira ;)[/quote]

Oh well... I guess we'll just have to settle for you until she gets better.

[quote name='Wombat'] And for the record she looks better than Shakira ;)[/quote]

We will have to take your word for it. Shakira is pretty sexy, and she is your wife. You have to say she looks better.If you want to sleep in peace.

Wait, wait, wait. Stop the dang presses! Wombat, does your Xbox Live banner show that you've been playing Rootbeer Tapper??? Wasn't this the game that made you declare your hatred for Xbox Live Arcade? :)

Anyway, hope Mrs. Wombat gets well soon and that you don't succumb to it, comrade. I will once again heartily recommend Cold-Eeze zinc gluconate losanges. Those things are fantastic.

[quote name='Scobie']Wait, wait, wait. Stop the dang presses! Wombat, does your Xbox Live banner show that you've been playing Rootbeer Tapper??? Wasn't this the game that made you declare your hatred for Xbox Live Arcade? :)

Anyway, hope Mrs. Wombat gets well soon and that you don't succumb to it, comrade. I will once again heartily recommend Cold-Eeze zinc gluconate losanges. Those things are fantastic.[/QUOTE]

for the record, I played the demo and I more into emergen-c

Im am feeling much better now.. thank gawd for a three day weekend... So Im back..

There arent a ton of questions but I will answer the ones that have been pending..

I have not head of My Sassy Girl. When I looked it up it came up as a Korean film from 2001 and a new release this year with Jesse Bradford and Elisha Cuthbert.. I read the plot and it looks right up my alley so I will look out for the English version this year...

Ive also never heard of Candlelight Cafe.. and I cant find it anywhere on any of my typical NYC food sites.. so sorry.. let me know where it is and why we should go there and maybe we will..

As for Rez .. Ive never played it and probably wont.. not really my thing.. I have watched Wombat play Viva Pinate but I just never really got into it.. I though it was cute and all.. but just couldnt get into it. To be honest with you all.. Im not a huge Video Gamer.. I am an old school girl when it comes to those.. I DO like puzzle games.. you know like Sudoku, Crossword puzzles, etc.. thats what I like and it actually helps me get into the right frame of mind for my job..

Music wise... Wombat is the old with the "old school" taste.. i would say he has the more classic rock vibe and I tend to enjoy whatever is on the Top 40 that week.. So I would say Im the one who likes "Crap" and he sticks to what he knows..But my favorite music band is BNL (Barenaked Ladies) LOVE THEM!! Been to every NYC concert except one.. have all there albums.. etc.. but I do like what is hot and new.. Right now I am really enjoying bands like The Fray, Snow Patrol, etc.. I tend to like Alternative music.. so no we do not have the same taste in music.. not even a little..

And I dont think I m prettier than Shakira.. by any means.. but my husband is very sweet to think so.. as long as he thinks im prettier than Shakira then its ALL GOOD!!!

Anyway, come on people.. I know your looking at this thread.. ask some questions.. I guess i couldnt expect it last forever.. anyway, back to the TV watching on my day off..

You do NOT want to see the English version first. Please take my word to see the Korean version with Jeon Ji-Hyun and Cha Tae Hyun first.

idk y everyone bags on wombat all the time guys everyone has opinions and u dont have to agry with them and if u dont like dont listen to the cagcast

[quote name='Sarang01']You do NOT want to see the English version first. Please take my word to see the Korean version with Jeon Ji-Hyun and Cha Tae Hyun first.[/quote]

I didn't even know they were making an English version... sickening. What's with all the American versions of Japanese/Korean flicks?

I agree with Sarang01, watch the original Korean version.

[quote name='Scobie']Anyway, hope Mrs. Wombat gets well soon and that you don't succumb to it, comrade. I will once again heartily recommend Cold-Eeze zinc gluconate losanges. Those things are fantastic.[/quote]

I would stay away from those until this gets resolved...

http://www.onlinelawyersource.com/cold-eeze/loss.html

And a question for mrs. wombat: Have you guys been to Sophie's in NYC yet? $9 for a huge lunch and the green sauce is amazing. On a similar note, how about Chipotle? Those are the two spots I miss from the city.

[quote name='yukine']I didn't even know they were making an English version... sickening. What's with all the American versions of Japanese/Korean flicks?

I agree with Sarang01, watch the original Korean version.[/QUOTE]

They need a White version to make it all right for Americans since most are too lazy to read during movies and don't want to see a movie with a full minority cast unless it's Black or sometimes Latino.
It also has to do with the fact Hollywood doesn't want to stretch themselves and do something original, it wouldn't be quick enough. Personally I think they should try the minimalist approach that Japan has to do and perhaps South Korea, be on a VERY limited budget.
Btw "Vanilla Sky" is ripped off a flick from Spain and "Criminal" was remade off "Nine Queens".
Even "Battle Royale" is being remade by New Line Cinema sadly.

[quote name='Sarang01']They need a White version to make it all right for Americans since most are too lazy to read during movies and don't want to see a movie with a full minority cast unless it's Black or sometimes Latino.
It also has to do with the fact Hollywood doesn't want to stretch themselves and do something original, it wouldn't be quick enough. Personally I think they should try the minimalist approach that Japan has to do and perhaps South Korea, be on a VERY limited budget.
Btw "Vanilla Sky" is ripped off a flick from Spain and "Criminal" was remade off "Nine Queens".
Even "Battle Royale" is being remade by New Line Cinema sadly.[/quote]

Lame...

[quote name='Sarang01']They need a White version to make it all right for Americans since most are too lazy to read during movies and don't want to see a movie with a full minority cast unless it's Black or sometimes Latino.
[/QUOTE]

You hit the nail on the head with the reading comment. Most people do not want to "read" their movies. As I was expressing interest in Pans Labyrinth, a friend told me "why would you want to see that? it is all words. If you want to read, why dont you read a book" It was probably one of the most ignorant and stupid statements I have heard in awhile but a sentiment that is echoed by many.

Then again alot of people dont like video games either - something else I cant understand.

Mrs. Wombat my girlfriend loves Sudoku also. I dloaded Go! Sudoku for my PS3 for her now she is addicted. it is a cool version of Sudoku with trippy visuals. These is also Sudoku for the DS I think.

[quote name='kittycatgirl2k']You hit the nail on the head with the reading comment. Most people do not want to "read" their movies. As I was expressing interest in Pans Labyrinth, a friend told me "why would you want to see that? it is all words. If you want to read, why dont you read a book" It was probably one of the most ignorant and stupid statements I have heard in awhile but a sentiment that is echoed by many.

Then again alot of people dont like video games either - something else I cant understand.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's rather sad. I've noticed that for a while.

Another thing, is that movies that are originally from another country, are dumbed down and are apparently less confusing. I wish they would just bring the original films to our theaters.

Mrs. Wombat heres a couple of questions I always ask people on myspace. 1. What do you think is your best and worst feature physically ? 2. What do you think are your best and worst personality traits ? and finally 3. whats your favorite cereal ? Que Te Paces un dia Feliz

ok.. Im going to be honest here.. I guess Im ignorant and stupid .. because I dont like to read my movies either.. hate it.. and to me it has everything to do with being able to enjoy my 2 hours of movie watching...I dont like to think beyond pictures when it coes to movies.. I'm a BOOK reader.. not a MOVIE reader.. I dont mind the occasional subtitle.. but a whole movie in subtitles just doesnt appeal to me. Sorry..

Sophie's is all the way downtown and Wombat and I live on the Upper East Side.. so we rarely if ever go all the way downtown to eat unless we are down there for some reason (we are just that lazy).. Chipolte is a chain and I have eaten there.. i really like the ame your own bowls they have.. but chains in general we tend to not go to all the time.. I guess we figure we live in mahattan where you dont need to go to a chain unless you get a cravin..

I do have Sudoku on the DS.. well through Brainage that is... its pretty cool.. I usually just go online..

I am about 5'-7" tall..

I love Mac and Wallace and have been bummed that they havent done more with them on VM.. I really like when Wallace or Mac aid Veronica in the solving of that weeks case.. At least Mac has been in a few episodes but Wallace hasnt been in nearly as many episodes this season..

My best physical features.. hmm.. I love my hair.. and Ive been told my other best feature are my "boobs" .. My worst physical feature... I would say are all my scars.. I was an athelete when i was younger and I tend to scratch alot so I have alot of scars on my legs.. which I hate..

My best personality trait is that Im a great listener and am always really generous.. and my worst personality trait is that I get jealous really easily and Im way too generous sometimes.. :)

My favorite cereal is ...hmm.. I have a top three.. too hard to single out.. they are.. Raisin Bran, Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Honey Nut Cheerios

And yes I have almost choked Wombat with his video game addiction.. but more so I just get emotionally hurt when he yells at me for stupid things like stepping in front of the TV while he is playing and stuff like that.. other than that I have learned to let him have some time and then speak up when I think he has had enough... and therefore I have had enough

And lastly as for a pic of Zelda I would totally post one.. if I knew how to.. so if someone could write out how I do it then I will.. (and I may be in the pic as well.. we have some cute ones from last weekend of her and me sleeping on the couch).. oh and she is a shih tzu..

Keep em coming.. I got to go hide in the other room.. the boys are recording this weeks show.. Ciao for now..

[quote name='mrswombat']
And yes I have almost choked Wombat with his video game addiction.. but more so I just get emotionally hurt when he yells at me for stupid things like stepping in front of the TV while he is playing and stuff like that.. other than that I have learned to let him have some time and then speak up when I think he has had enough... and therefore I have had enough[/quote]

:), thanks for the answer.

just go too www.imageshack.com and upload it and as for ppl walking in front of the TV i hate when that happens so i understand wombat and as far as
sodoku goes when i had a ds lite and brainage i thought that was the best.

PS how tall is wombat

Even with it having subs and your dislike of them I highly suggest you see the original given it's eccenticity. I doubt the American version would have the same punch, quite literally and figuratively. Elisha's character won't beat the shit out of the guy for one, a must to be faithful to the original. Also another part of this movie's strength is based on cultural standards, that and it has a strange, sweet heart.

[quote name='encendido5']I would stay away from those until this gets resolved...

http://www.onlinelawyersource.com/cold-eeze/loss.html[/QUOTE]

That's about the nasal spray that the makers of Cold-Eeze losanges used to make. There's a few others on the market, most notably Zicam. They've been suspected of causing loss of smell for a few years. The throat losanges, however, have never had any complaints about them that I'm aware of.

Edit: To stay on topic -- Mrs. Wombat, don't post your pic on here! Wombat is totally right about this one. Not posting preserves the mystery and also saves the inevitable snide remarks from the ocks on here. A pic of Zelda would be hilarious good times, though.

The originals usually trump the American dumbed down remakes by a mile, so you might want to try getting used to subtitles. I used to hate them myself but being an avid anime watcher, I had to either go with the subtitle flow or miss out on some series that were not dubbed at the time (Cardcaptor Sakura, Skaura Diaries). Plus would have missed out on movies that i like such as Wasabi and Amelie.

Sorry just the anti subtitle people irritate me kinda like the ones that complain about black bars on their tvs..... didnt mean the comment to be an insulting one, was just a side observation that was in no way meant to be a direct derogatory remark.

I wonder why people on CAG are so brutal especialloy in regards to pictures. Very few of us are going to be winning beauty contests anytime soon, and it seems so childish to see people tear each other apart over a few photos. Those that have been brave enough to post them and suffer the backlash anyway.

I guess I'll throw more questions out there....

What's your favorite sport to watch? Favorite player?

Name 3 things that you always beat Wombat in.:D

[quote name='shipwreck']It's scary how similar your tastes are to mrs. shipwreck's. But she has similar gaming tastes as Wombat.[/quote]
We do have similar tastes, except for the video games. Sudoku reminds me too much of math class with all the numbers and I'd much rather just blow something up after a long day of class. I'm going to see Music and Lyrics this weekend, looks like a true mindless chick flick. And I'm not even going to make Shipwreck go see it. :) Glad you're feeling better. Next time Shipwreck and I are in New York, we'll need to get together for some good food ... we only have chains here in Ohio!

OK.. so I tried to do the picture upload at imageshack.com.. so here we go.. see if it works.. Heres my fav pic of Zelda to date..

CAGS.. let me know if I did it right or not..

I am originally from Long Island.. I grew up on the North Shore.. Wombat the South Shore..

No habla espanol bien (bueno).. see Im no good.. Took it in high school.. but never really got the hang of it..

I will try to get my hands on the Korean version of My Sassy Girl.. but I wont make any promises that I will make it through it.. nuff said about that..

Wombat does not look or act like John Lovitz.. I can see where you get that idea though.. He isnt quite as annoying.. ok.. maybe he is..

My favorite sport to watch is FOOTBALL.. my favorite player is Donovan McNabb of the Eagles (although this season it was hard to be since he was injured pretty much all season).. but I have to support my fellow Cuse grads..

Three things I beat Wombat in:
1. spending money
2. salary
3. finding lost items
Thats the best I can do.. for now.

Mrs Shipwreck.. when you and the mister are in town.. we are TOTALLY hanging out.. just tell us when and we will set it up!!!

Thanks all.. Ciao for now..

[quote name='mrswombat']OK.. so I tried to do the picture upload at imageshack.com.. so here we go.. see if it works.. Heres my fav pic of Zelda to date..

[/QUOTE]
Haha. How cute. She looks as annoying as she sounds.

:D

(I mean that in the best way possible :lol: ;))

I was shocked to see the pic of Zelda at first, but I've warmed up to her. Isn't it funny how when you just hear someone's voice you come up with a mental image that's totally different from how they really look? I pictured Zelda as being a little less of a fluff ball. :)

Here's another question for you, Mrs. Wombat -- do you guys expect to always live in NYC? I think I'd get exhausted living in such a big city. In the few times I've been through there I've been amazed and oddly depressed by the crush of the population, many of whom appeared to live in squalid buildings being held up only by the hundreds of coats of paint. Ever think of living some place warmer with more open space?

Is Wombat jealous that this thread has inexplicably become more popular than The Wombat Jornal or WLA threads?

PS McNabb will be league MVP this upcoming season as the Eagles go on to lose the Superbowl. I've accepted the fact we (Philly) will never win another sports championship...

I totally pegged Zelda as a beagle! Very cute...
As a fellow Video Game wife, I am glad you have started this thread so you can share your point of view!
As for the Mrs. Wombat Liberation Army...where do we sign up???
Now for the Question:
Have you ever bought Wombat a video game as a present and it totally backfired? I always try buying games for my husband but don't really know what I am buying and end up spoiling the gift by asking too many questions. I also got him a game he already had (while we were dating)

[quote name='mrswombat']
As for what I do while Wombat is recording the show.. sometimes Ill sit on our couch and listen to him for a little bit.. but usually its my job to take the dog in the other room and keep her entertained (as you've all heard.. I dont do a great job of that.. Zelda loves her daddy!!) Reality is I watch Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars in the other room and let Zelda do whatever she wants..
[/QUOTE]

Ok, so somebody has already asked about Veronica Mars (which sometimes films at my school, SDSU!), but Gilmore Girls happens to be my guilty pleasure (I'm a sucker for Alexis Bledel). So here are some Gilmore Girls related questions...

Relationships are a big deal this season. Who was your favorite Rori boyfriend (Dean, Jess, Logan, etc...) and do you think Rori and Logan will last for the long run?

Also what about Lorelai, will she go back to Luke, and would Luke even let her back in his life? As well, is this the last we will see or hear from Chris?

Can't wait for next tuesday! And Welcome Mrs. Wombat!

Here's another question for ya.

How's having a dog in an apartment? Do you take it out every day? I've recently been thinking about getting a dog but we live in an apartment, so it'd have to be a small one. We've been thinking about getting a small terrier or a bichon frise or something similar.

[quote name='mrswombat']My favorite sport to watch is FOOTBALL.. my favorite player is Donovan McNabb of the Eagles (although this season it was hard to be since he was injured pretty much all season).. but I have to support my fellow Cuse grads..[/quote] Mrs. Wombat - A few questions for you -

Is Wombat as big a sports fan as you are? If so, what sports does he watch? Who does he root for?

Also, you graduated from SU? Thats awesome, I live about 2 and a half / 3 hours east in a town called Gloversville - I really love SU as well as the city - I too hope to go to college there some day, maybe even live there.

How did you pick Syracuse as your college? Was it an easy desicion? What other colleges were you looking at?

Do you follow SU Basketball at all? Their having a tough go at it this year, but i'll never forget that '03 team.. its unfortunate that everyone has come and gone since then, but what a great year for them.

Welcome to the site!

Is zelda a shih tzu? Looks like it anyways my family has one that looks a lot like zelda. As for SU my girlfriend currently goes to SUNY Cortland and thought up in the Cuse last semester.

Anyway welcome!

ok.. Yes.. Zelda is a fluff ball.. and she gets brushed out every other day it seems.. she gets groomed once every 6 weeks and she can be really annoying to live with.. but we love her.. she's my baby!!

Wombat and I will not be in NYC forever.. in fact I would say we are already pretty sick of the city in general. I mean it has its benefits in regard to being a subway ride away from work and the closeness to everything without having to get into a car.. but I am more than ready to buy a house in the suburbs and be domestic. I would love to "keep a home".. but right now our rent still doesnt equal or exceed a mortgage.. we are getting there though.. but just not quite yet. As for moving.. I would move somewhere warmer in a sec if I could be guaranteed the same salary I make here in NY.. which probably wont happen.. So we probably will stay here in NY.. just would move to Long island or Westchester

Wombat thinks its great that this thread has become so popular.. maybe a little jealous.. but he will get over it.. as long as I dont say something Im not supposed to.. he is fine..

I try my best NOT to buy Wombat any video games as gifts.. especially now.. when we were dating I still wasnt familar with the types of games he liked.. so I stayed away from that. I have bought him hardware for his platforms.. back in the day I had found the network adapter thing (?) for the PS2 that was so hard to find at the time and bought him that.. which he loved.. but i stick to his other hobbies when buying gifts.. I leave the VGs up to him to purchase or mooch for.. ;)

Now onto my fav question of the batch.. GILMORE GIRLS!!!
My fav Rory boyfriend is probably Jess.. although Logan is a hottie so he has just this season moved up on the list.. As for LORO (Logan and Rory).. I think Logan has been too good to be true lately and I'm waiting for the "other shoe to drop".. and they break up.. I like him so I want them to last but then the show is over really (or a new show will emerge).. same thing with Lorelei.. I think she will bounce back and forth between what she wants (Luke or Chris).. cause when she settles.. the show is over.. now a question for you.. how do you like the writing this season so far.. since Amy Palladino left the show after last season..??

As for having Zelda and living in an apartment.. we did alot of research on what type of dogs would thrive in a small NYC apartment. Its a huge responsilbility and not one to take lightly.. I would not recommend any terrier (they need a ton of room to run around.. even small ones) A bichon is probably a good choice.. and I highly recommend shih tzus.. although they are a little needy.. they are the definition of a lap dog.. we walk Zelda three times a day for about 15-20 minutes each time.. and occasionally we take her out with us during errands on weekends to give her more exercise.. but she tires quickly.. she is weewee pad trained and stays home alone all day..(if I could afford doggy daycare.. I would do it).. so do your research.. go to the AKC webpage (i think its www.akc.org) and read up on the breeds you are interested in.. for an apartment you want a low energy dog who doesnt need a ton of room.. good luck.. Id love to know what you decide on!!!

Wombat is a BIGGER sports fan than I.. I really only like Football.. wombat likes football too.. but also likes baseball and others.. he roots for the NY teams.. Giants and Jets.. Yankees & Mets.. I forget which one he prefers..

As for Syracuse.. yeah.. I got my Bachelor of Architecture (its a 5 year professional degree) there... a while back.. I picked Cuse because of a few things.. I got a chancellor's scholarship to go.. and its one of the top rated architecure schools in the nation plus it had a great arts and science program in case architecture didnt work out for me.. I also had looked at Cornell, RPI, Roger Williams, Carnegie Mellon, Penn State, Pratt and NYIT.. but Cuse won out in the end.. and I think it was the best choice.. I would highly recommend Syracuse to anyone..

I think thats it for this round.. This has been an awesome experience for me so keep em coming.. Ciao for now CAGS!!!

Hey there Mrs. Wombat

I think it's pretty cool you've gotten your own thread. Couple of questions:

1. Does Wombat have a problem with you making more money than him? (even though his new job seems to be a step up in pay for him) My wife is about to graduate and become a pharmacist. While my parents seem to be threatened by her being the main bread-winner, I have no problem with it. He doesn't seem liket the guy to be threatened by that sort of thing, but you never know!

2. Do you really like Piz? The wife and I think he's really the worst character on the show this year and is completely devoid of any depth because of both bad writing and the wrong actor for the part. Also, do you think Dick has gotten nicer this season or is he the same old guy he was before? Let's hope it gets renewed for another season!

bread's done
Back