Hi from Mrs Wombat.. really!!

Wow! Mrs. Wombat and Mrs. Shipwreck in the same thread? All we need now is Mrs. Cheapy to make her triumphant return. Brave women indeed.

As for Wombat keeping his name a secret... Well... I'm thinking of an adjective (also used as a noun) that is slang for female genitalia... Come on man! How do you expect people to spread the word of "Wombat" without people knowing who you really are? I mean, come on... It's not like your real name is Bruce Wayne. Or is it??? :p

EDIT: Seems I forgot to ask a question. Describe what you believe your husband's state of mind would be if he lived in a country where video games were virtually non-existant. His only exposure to video games would be those that he brought with him. In this scenario, access to the internet is EXTREMELY limited so Xbox Live wouldn't really work well. What do you think would be the long term effects? Do you think he would he adapt to a life without video games?

[quote name='daphatty']Wow! Mrs. Wombat and Mrs. Shipwreck in the same thread? All we need now is Mrs. Cheapy to make her triumphant return. Brave women indeed.

As for Wombat keeping his name a secret... Well... I'm thinking of an adjective (also used as a noun) that is slang for female genitalia... Come on man! How do you expect people to spread the word of "Wombat" without people knowing who you really are? I mean, come on... It's not like your real name is Bruce Wayne. Or is it??? :p[/quote]
As long as Wombat doesn't get newspaper articles and TV appearances like CheapyD does, it'll probably stay a secret for now.

Welcome Mrs. Wombat. I hope you enjoy your stay CAG.

Hey Mrs. Wombat!

Welcome to CAG. Its a warm...cuddly...place... not really.

I have a question. How come you never chime in when the CAGCast is running? Or have your own short segment once in a while? I think that'd be interesting!

Say something like... MRS. WOMBAT answers your questions!

Yo Mrs.Wombat!

Oh and Mrs.Wombat, could you tell Wombat to lay off his harping of HD, especially HD DVD and Blu-Ray? If HD is done right you'll notice extra details and crispness you don't see in Standard Definition.

To anyone taking issue with Nutrisystem there is always another, most likely to encourage more ravenous behavior diet which is Vegetarian or Veganism. Also I'm sure it's cheaper overall on the Organic front. If you want another suggestion there's Spiru-Tein whose shakes don't taste bad, I bought one of the cans for energy.

Welcome to CAG, Mrs. Wombat!

What kind of buildings do you work on as an architect? I only ask because I used to work at an MEP firm down in NYC.

See you around the boards.

I am not the oldest CAGer but I am a fan of the Wombat and CheapyD, Lovely to see you on the forums. I hope we see Mrs. Cheapy in the future but I shudder to think what they will make her avatar look like. CheapyD with a wig,and lips plus bow?

Mrs. Wombat do you ever check out the architecture in games? I sometimes love seeing what designers do with virtual worlds. My favorites in game architecture are Shadow of the Colossus,Ico and Final Fantasy XII.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Mrs. Wombat:
mrswombatavatarta0.gif

Bow, lips, and bewbs.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

WELCOME MRS WOMBAT!!

[quote name='The Crotch']Is Wombat really an asshole pirate? If so, what was the last port he plundered? And when he plunders, what is the rape:pillage ratio?

Also, did I go "too far" with my last question?[/quote]This is why we can't have nice things. (And by nice things, I mean women on the boards.)

[quote name='SteveMcQ']This is why we can't have nice things. (And by nice things, I mean women on the boards.)[/QUOTE]

All things considered, but would you expect any less from someone named "the Crotch?"

[quote name='Sarang01']Yo Mrs.Wombat!

Oh and Mrs.Wombat, could you tell Wombat to lay off his harping of HD, especially HD DVD and Blu-Ray? If HD is done right you'll notice extra details and crispness you don't see in Standard Definition.

[/quote]

I bought Shipwreck the HD 360 drive and he loves it... he'd love it more if it came with a tv to match, but oh well.

[quote name='mrswombat']And to usickenme, I am done with my IDP (and have been for years) but I havent decided to take the ARE yet.. My speciality is really more design oriented and I havent decided if I really want to pursue the ARE license.. Instead I may take the NCIDQ.. I also am not LEED certified but may do that in the future. My firm does mostly corporate interiors but we also have a retail studio, base building studio and a broadcast/technology studio that does very well. If any architects out there are in NYC or want to move to NYC and wants a job.. we are hiring!![/quote]
Doh, I guess I should've read this first. That's pretty cool, I've done some corporate interiors as well, but I doubt we crossed paths at all. I'm actually thinking of taking the LEED exam pretty soon too just to have it on the resume. I heard it's gotten tougher than when it first came out a couple of years ago, but it shouldn't be that bad.

Mrs. Wombat! Holy schnikeys!! Welcome to the CAG boards, and congratulations on having such a rad husband. There's a band of us CAG brothers who would take a bullet for that little guy.

Here's my question for you: With all of the snow in NYC lately, how in the heck is poor Zelda doing? I can't imagine she's very big, so the snow must make going outside a real problem.

Thanks in advance for answering! If you stick around we might have to start up the MWLA (Mrs. Wombat Liberation Army). :)

ok wow..sorry ive been offline for so long.. busy day!!!

OK let me get started answering some questions..

They were mice not rats and I handled it better than Wombat did.. I think they are cute.. just pooping machines..

I am NOT a redhead.. dark brown.. almost black.. Im latino.. Colombian to be specific.. but dont ask me to speak Spanish cause I was adopted at 3 weeks old..

I hope Wombat "grow up" not "out" of video games.. one day he will need to teach our little wombats to play.. great hand eye coordination skills...

Wombat could sort of survive with a limited amount of games in a video game country.. depending on the game and the console.. Internet is a different story.. he would die without contact with the outside VG world.. especially CheapyD and Shipwreck..

Wombat and I met at a wedding (my sister in law's brother is one of Wombat's closest high school friends) We do plan on having little ones but just not now.. we re still young..

I do chime in during CAGcasts but you all can't hear me due to the high quality mic and the fact that Im restricted to another room.. maybe next week Ill steal the mic..

HD stuff.. believe me I dont like listening to it either.. chalk it up to a rant.. one thing about Wombat.. if he is "passionate" about something.. he wont shut up.. believe me.. I live with him.. I know..

I got the Blackberry 8303e.. I like it ALOT.. IM addicted already..

I actually really LOVE Logan.. and I LOVE LoVe.. I think they are great.. Logan is on my "list".. you all know about the "list" right.. ?? But he could use more hugs.. he's a little "unemotional".. still.. I think he's hot..

The Wonder Woman pic.. I have been told by Wombat that I dont want that kind of attention so I have been forbidden to share it.. sorry guys.. ask him

I have worked in what seems like every building in NYC.. I dont deal with base building.. just tenant fits outs.. etc..

I do look at the architecture in VG.. I love graphics in general.. so I wish it was better sometimes.. but I think video games should be more about how it plays and how fun it is.. more than if the architecture looks awesome and real..

Wombat can be an asshole (oops sorry for the profanity.. really guys.. Im not a wuss.. I can handle pretty much anything) but a pirate.. hmmm.. shiver me timbers.. I dont think so... but very interesting concept for a dream..

And Zelda absolutely HATES this wintry mix that has befallen NYC.. she gets outside and walks for two minutes.. and then feigns a hurt paw.. I think her paws just freeze up too fast.. so it has not only made walking her difficult.. it has made sleeping at night.. not so much of an option.. which sucks..

HAPPY VALENTINE's DAY CAGers.. oh and V-day is a nice day and all.. and Wombat has always been nothing but generous on the day.. but best/ worst thing he has done... come on.. Wombat is FANTASTIC everyday!!!

Keep the questions coming..

hey mrs wombat im from ecuador so were like border neighbors but i live in LI were u born in comlombia and if so what part. steal the mic from wombat next showo and from the cagcast u did with mrs cheapy u didnt sound latina or or colombian

[quote name='bobthecat23']hey mrs wombat im from ecuador so were like border neighbors but i live in LI were u born in comlombia and if so what part. steal the mic from wombat next showo and from the cagcast u did with mrs cheapy u didnt sound latina or or colombian[/quote]

South America represent! I'm from Peru myself.

[quote name='mrswombat']HD stuff.. believe me I dont like listening to it either.. chalk it up to a rant.. one thing about Wombat.. if he is "passionate" about something.. he wont shut up.. believe me.. I live with him.. I know.[/quote]

Oh yeah, after many CAGcasts, we've figured that out, too. ;)

So is there anything (besides Mrs. Wombat, of course) that Mr. Wombat actually has positive things to say about, passionately? Seems like this week was a particularly trying one for the 'Bat as he really went off on a bunch of things, not the least of which was customer service in the gaming industry.

Mrs.Wombat the reason I bitch is because of what I said before and Wombat's comments potentially HURT HD DVD and BR adoption.
Once Wombat sees product like "The Aviator" he'll really see a movie in HD, "Dark City" and potentially"The Matrix" as well.

I just started being a Veronica Mars fan just this year. Bought both DVD season sets, and saw them in no more than 3 sittings. Yes, loved the first 2 seasons....but I'm hurting through this 3rd season on the CW. Are you enjoying the 3rd season? It's still good enough to find time to watch, but I'm starting to feel as if VM is showing her age. And what's with all the Logan loving. Piz is the man.

Mrs. Wombat. I must agree w/ lurk. Piz is much more worthy of Veronica's "love". On to my question: Have you lived in NY for a long time? What is your favorite part of living in a huge city? What is the worst part? Oh, and (to loosely quote eminem) why is Mr. Wombat so mad?

I've been in and out of this thread since it's debut and while nothing too interesting had happened for some reason it seemed to work. But, Mrs. Wombat, after your last post I think you have helped me turn a corner and have become a fan of yours. You seem patient, understanding, honest and open minded which makes a for a person most would like to know. Your husband on the other hand still strikes me as odd and confused in some of his statements. To be honest I find him kind of irritating, but that is from very minimal interaction and Cagcasts mostly so my impressions of him could be wrong. So this brings me to my question(s)

On a normal basis, what impression do people walk away with after meeting Wombat for the first time?
Of people you have known for a while, what do they think him after time?

I leave you with a warm welcome to the boards and to your husband I send him a playful "Lucky Bastard!!":lol: for finding his significant other.

This thread has become a runaway train of CAG goodness. Mrs Wombat is Colombian? Lucky Wombat! Colombian women are one the best in the world.

[quote name='Santurio']Your husband on the other hand still strikes me as odd and confused in some of his statements. To be honest I find him kind of irritating, but that is from very minimal interaction and Cagcasts mostly so my impressions of him could be wrong.[/quote]Yeah, that's the impression I get from Wombat at times. Is this true about him when you first met him, Mrs. Wombat?

Whenever he gives his opinion, he has this way of stating it as if he's the only one that's right and everyone else is wrong. He almost seems to have an abrasive personality when a topic comes up that he has some strong opinions about. It's a trait that's starkly different from the persona he gives off otherwise of being joking and light-hearted with a bit of tongue-in-cheek ribbing of Cheapy.

Mrs. Wombat,

I have been trying for years to get my wife into games. Most of the time she shakes her head and laughs at my game habits/collection. However, I had a small breakthrough the other day when I finally bought Guitar Hero; she played it for an hour straight! Do you have any suggestions to get her to enjoy games more? I would really like for us to be able to play games together.

Mrs. Wombat,

I work with a curtain wall company and I must say, architects make my life harder. They love to change the the look of the buildings and sometime are uncompromising. One of the project in Cleveland is delay due to constant changes made by the architect firm. What type buildings have you or your firm work on?

OK.. well first everyone.. Thank you all for the kind remarks about me and this thread.. Its been an absolute pleasure for me to hear from the CAGs and to be able to give you all a little insight into me and the man we all call Wombat.. ok on to the new bunch of questions..

I was born in Bogota, Colombia.. but like I said I was adopted by a non latino family in New York when I was only 3 weeks old.. so I do not have an accent nor do I speak Spanish fluently..(even the 4+plus years of Spanish in High school didnt help..)

I grew up on Long Island and only moved into NYC 3 years ago..the best part of living in a big city is the ease of getting around to anything you want(food, drink, culture, etc) ..the worst part is the expense..sooo freakin expensive..

My favorite movie of all time is Say Anything.. I love John Cusack (he is on the top of my "list") and I'm a sucker for a good love story.. sue me.. Im a girl ok!!

The 3rd season of VM is alright.. not as good as the first two but I still enjoy it.. I will agree that Piz is pretty awesome as well.. and I do think the writers of the show are "poking" at the concept of Veronica and Piz eventually getting together.. which could be cool.. we will all have to wait and see...

As for getting the girls into the video games.. you have to start small.. and there has to be a little spark to start.. I loved Atari and Nintendo as a child.. so if there was something out there now that was similar.. then I was drawn to it.. I also like games that I can't "die" in.. I get frustrated easily.. and games like Animal Crossing fits that for me.. you cant force them to like it.. you got to try to get them to enjoy watching you play.. get her to help you solve puzzles or look out for "gun toting baddies"..

OK and Ive saved the best for last.. and some of you may not like what I am about to say.. but just stick with me.. please!! Wombat and my husband are two different people (not really TWO people.. just two personlties).. yes..he has strong opinions and can certainly come off as a "know it all".. but Wombat is the yin to Cheapy's yang.. come on you guys have to admit that you listen to the CAGcast to see what that idiot Wombat is going to "rant" on about this week.. I will admit that he doesnt like to be wrong.. and that has certainly been a point of contention between us many a time.. but he truly means well and is just trying to get one side out there.. so whether it be HD DVD or BR.. or a gaming companies policies.. etc.. Wombat just wants to rile some feathers.. but RE--E--EALLy guys (said in Scrubs' Dr Cox fashion) if you think what Wombat says really effects anything (beyond his own ego).. then you all are giving him way too much credit and I'm sure he appreciates you thinking he has that much ability to sway others.. so to summarize.. Wombat's not mad.. he just doesnt have any better of a forum than the CAGcast to rant and rave where noone is their to tell him to shut the hell up... cause I usually just tune him out..

As for first impressions and lasting impressions.. lets put it this way.. I fell in love with him after one meeting and his closest friends have been his friends since childhood.. and his college buddies treat him like a god.. nuff said..

Mrs Wombat OUT!!! Keep em coming, boys and girls..ciao

Mrs. Wombat;

For some reason I picture you looking like a supermodel. Must be the whole Latina / Architect / really great voice thing you have going on. I bet Wombat is a lucky man.

Mrs. Wombat is a columbian honey.

Shocker of the year!!!! Go Wombat.

IMHO, columbian women are the best looking women on the planet.

[quote name='ivanctorres']Mrs. Wombat is a columbian honey.

Shocker of the year!!!! Go Wombat.

IMHO, columbian women are the best looking women on the planet.[/quote]

There may be truth to this. The hottest woman I’ve ever known was Columbian. I’m not usually distracted by a woman’s looks but in her case DAMN! :drool: This was in college and the professor wanted to hit on her too.

hey i thoguht it was funny when wombat kept saying ROBOCOP in the cagbag questions. well i think CAg is going to be really big once CHEAPY rolls out the dough for the site to get upgraded and theyll become rich

To rodeojones903.. I fixed my boo-boo.. didnt mean to offend.. CAGs.. got it.. duly noted and ingrained into my typing fingers..

[quote name='mrswombat']Wombat and my husband are two different people (not really TWO people.. just two personlties).. yes..he has strong opinions and can certainly come off as a "know it all".. but Wombat is the yin to Cheapy's yang.. come on you guys have to admit that you listen to the CAGcast to see what that idiot Wombat is going to "rant" on about this week.. [/QUOTE]

Well, that's not all true, for me anyway. I hadn't heard any CagCast up until recently, the last 3 actually are the only ones I've heard.

While I don't agree with everything Cheapy has to say or what he considers to be exciting I find him to be his own guy with decent opinions. Cheapy seems to take some kind of time to do some sort of research before stating his opinion while Wombat is more like one who talks out of his ass. So if that is what you mean by being the Yin then yes I guess you are right. Now I don't have an issue with any single topic in particular like HD, Blu Ray or his views on the videogame industry but it is just more of a gut feeling that comes to me while listening to him.

Santurio needs to stop the Wombat hate. He is playing a role. Have you ever watched TV? Wombat is a character. He is really knowlegeable about games and is probably as prepared as CheapyD. He plays dumb so that Cheapy can expand on thoughts.

[quote name='Jackal888']Santurio needs to stop the Wombat hate. He is playing a role. Have you ever watched TV? Wombat is a character. He is really knowlegeable about games and is probably as prepared as CheapyD. He plays dumb so that Cheapy can expand on thoughts.[/QUOTE]
I guess I should state that I'm not a Wombat hater. I don't really know what to think of him. I just asked a question to Mrs. Wombat wich she answered but may have misunderstood where I was coming from as you have. But please calm down everything is fine here.

ok boys.. lets all just stop throwing sand in each others eyes.. or else noone will be allowed to play in the sandbox anymore.. and I wanna build castles.. :)

Santurio.. I think everyone is entitled to their opinions.. and I do understand the "gut" feeling you get from listening to him. And please keep trying to "figure" Wombat out.. Im still learning.. and Ive known him for 6 years (2.5 in marriage) Wombat has a wealth of knowledge on alot of things (not just VGs) and you are correct to say that he doesnt do NEARLY the same amount of reasearch that Cheapy does for each week's show.. but he does read up on what is current and stuff and alot of what he doesnt do research on is for the "spontaneous" thought on the air. There is method to the madness that is Wombat.. but hate him or love him.. Wombat will not change... not even a little.. Happy Friday everyone!!

Since you like love stories, have you seen "My Sassy Girl" yet?

Also since you're in NYC have you been to the Candlelight Cafe yet?

As for games have you had a chance to play "Rez" yet? Also, since you like AC do you spend as much time in front of "Viva Pinata" as Wombat?

bread's done
Back