Homefront Pre-order (Free Xbox/PS3 Headset) $59.99 Best Buy

Headset has to be a rebrand of some sort.

Would be interested in the ps3 one potentially if anyone can recognize what model the headset is. If it's a POS then no deal.

Looks like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Talk...1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1295976016&sr=1-21

41tko75HZNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Dual earmuff set up yet it doesnt stream audio from the game??

Wow this game must really suck. Great deal if your in need of a new headset though. The PS3 one looks good but not the xbox 360. I'll pass and rental only for this game it seems. Looks like it might be good though so will have to wait and see.

[quote name='Shimmerz']Its made by the same guys behind Frontlines Fuel of War. 16v16 multi is going to be hectic I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

This game probably won't get great reviews, but neither did Frontlines which I thought was a great game. I think Call of Duty set the bar so high that people don't want to give other military shooters a chance anymore. I expect this game to get mostly 7s and a few 8s.

Not a bad deal if you were gonna get the game anyway. But not enough incentive to make me want to get the game. I wonder who the manufacturer is for the bluetooth. Probably not an official Sony BT headset, I'm guessing.

Looks like the same brand as this one which I own (same as the black one above probably). I got it only because it has the old style connector and not the inline switch.

I really don't recommend it. At all. Yeah, I just registered to make this post. Not a good deal at all, and definitely not a value of "$29.99"

Rahhh new users can't post pictures/links. If you click on the black one it should be the first one under the customers also bought this section. If you don't feel like it it's just like a white/gray version of the black one.

Funny how the official Best Buy rep disappeared after his thread last week promoting first the online chat and then this deal and this was announced by a regular CAG.

I guess all the hate he got scared him away.

Surprised at all the low expectations on this game being any good. I'm with Lemarfanz. I want a good "America is invaded, Join the Resistance!" game.

This is a nice deal. I am interested since I need a PS3 bluetooth (they aren't cheap to find online, I am just lazy to research and buy one) and I want this game on 360. My concern is the quality of the bluetooth headset itself. Does anyone have any info on it? Or one that is probably the same one but this one just looks repainted?

[quote name='nightmare452']This is a nice deal. I am interested since I need a PS3 bluetooth (they aren't cheap to find online, I am just lazy to research and buy one) and I want this game on 360. My concern is the quality of the bluetooth headset itself. Does anyone have any info on it? Or one that is probably the same one but this one just looks repainted?[/QUOTE]
Any Bluetooth headset works with the PS3, just like any USB keyboard negates the need for the $50 chatpad bs for the controller.:D

Take your pick: http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref...eadset&ie=UTF8&qid=1296055412&rnid=2491154011

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Any Bluetooth headset works with the PS3, just like any USB keyboard negates the need for the $50 chatpad bs for the controller.:D

Take your pick: http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref...eadset&ie=UTF8&qid=1296055412&rnid=2491154011[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I know, I already own 2 bluetooths actually. But if I am planning to buy Homefront, this deal seems a little nicer than $10 credit at Amazon. But since I don't care for the 360 headset, I asked for the quality of the bluetooth offered here. If its worth more than $10 (the credit I would receive if ordered on Amazon), then this is a good deal.

a best buy preorder? they've managed to screw up every one i do, so thanks but i'll pass.

FYI...they've added an avatar download for Rewardzone Members:

InsideRZ_20110217_GC_08.jpg
InsideRZ_20110217_GC_04.jpg

Exclusive Avatar Download
with pre-order and purchase of
Homefront

Will America ever be the same again? Join the Resistance and fight for freedom against overwhelming odds in Homefront, which releases 3/15/11 for PS3 and Xbox 360.
If you pre-order and purchase this game as a Reward Zone® program Gamers Club member, you will get a code e-mailed to you to download a free Avatar – exclusive in-game content to personalize your play.
Simply:

1. Pre-order Homefront for PS3 or Xbox 360 any time between now and 3/14/11.
  2. Purchase the game online or in store from 3/15/11–3/19/11.
To ensure you receive the link to download your Avatar, please make sure your e-mail address is current in your Member Profile. Your e-mail will arrive within 7 days after your purchase of Homefront either online or in stores.
Pre-order and purchase the game to receive your Avatar download.

http://view.emailinfo2.bestbuy.com/...67a7d&jb=ff65167677&ju=fe8411737d6c077472&r=0

I'm tempted as I just bought a PS3 and I'll need a headset, but I'd prefer the game on 360. However, I haven't paid full price for a game in years, so I refuse to start with Homefront.

[quote name='HydroX']I'm tempted as I just bought a PS3 and I'll need a headset, but I'd prefer the game on 360. However, I haven't paid full price for a game in years, so I refuse to start with Homefront.[/QUOTE]

If you do decide to get it at full price, you can get the 360 version of the game and get the PS3 headset for free. Thats what I'm planning on doing.

[quote name='HydroX']I'm tempted as I just bought a PS3 and I'll need a headset, but I'd prefer the game on 360. However, I haven't paid full price for a game in years, so I refuse to start with Homefront.[/QUOTE]

Pay $60 and get the headset if the game is bad trade it in and get a $30 GC. Whether it does or doesn't sell well like quantum theory(which is $20 now) you'll surely have a chance to price match it down to $35-$40.

$60 upfront
free headset
+$30 gift card
+$20-$25 back for price match
So worse case scenario $10-$15 for a new release game and headset.
COD holds a $60 price well after release b/c they can look how many copies sold in the 1st week a game like this will need sales plus there's a ton of shooters KZ3, Bulletstorm, operation flashpoint, Crisis 2, Fear 3, Brink, duke nukem, Dues Ex...game will be on sale somewhere w/i 30-45 days.

Order the 360 version and chose the PS3 headset. Just to let everyone know, they will charge you as soon as you confirm the order. I always thought they wait til set it for delivery like everybody else but I guess not.

Planning to buy one, but i cant decide what version. I wouldnt mind another PS3 Bluetooth, but the PS3 version has less bonuses than the 360. (And i rarely ever use my 360 Headset

[quote name='dgwillia006']Planning to buy one, but i cant decide what version. I wouldnt mind another PS3 Bluetooth, but the PS3 version has less bonuses than the 360. (And i rarely ever use my 360 Headset

So does any one know what the quality of this Bluetooth is like? Is it the official Sony headset with a paint job? I need a headset and I really want this game but if the headset sucks, I'll just wait for the inevitable price drops.

[quote name='ssjmichael']do what the person above you did and get the 360 version and PS3 headset[/QUOTE]

I would, but i get the feeling that they would either just send the correct headset, charge me for it, or cancel the order.

On a side note, is it valid for instore pickup? Or would you only be able to get the game, then get the Headset in the mail still.

[quote name='solidusdeus']beta testing, nothing great[/QUOTE]

Did you not read how you are not supposed to talk about testing it? This is why beta tests get stopped.

Anyways the headset looks blah and the gamestop exclusive shotgun and quick unlock stuff is dumb. The amazon free avatar item will most likely be dumb to. I was really hoping for a good exclusive place to order this from. I got a wireless MS headset and a turtle beach so i do not want something lower grade then both. I got a wired MS one for 3rd place which is junk but better to have a 3rd backup with ms products.

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']Order the 360 version and chose the PS3 headset. Just to let everyone know, they will charge you as soon as you confirm the order. I always thought they wait til set it for delivery like everybody else but I guess not.[/QUOTE]

Dang they charge right away wow! No preorder and decide later type thing here. The only time i ordered at BB was to get that dj hero table for $5 and they canceled it on me but still was selling it... I will for sure not get this deal then.

[quote name='ChrisBW']
I really don't recommend it. At all. Yeah, I just registered to make this post. Not a good deal at all, and definitely not a value of "$29.99"[/QUOTE]

damn lurker.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I would, but i get the feeling that they would either just send the correct headset, charge me for it, or cancel the order.l.[/QUOTE]

I don't think BB workers care enough to do that tbh, lol.

Did y'all guys see this (link to SD). S0Jr found that RitzCamera will be selling the game only for $38.89, shipping included.

I didn't want to create another thread on this game so I'm posting here to see if the OP wants to add this to the 1st post :)

[quote name='htown01']Did y'all guys see this (link to SD). S0Jr found that RitzCamera will be selling the game only for $38.89, shipping included.

I didn't want to create another thread on this game so I'm posting here to see if the OP wants to add this to the 1st post :)[/QUOTE]

Good find. Make a new thread, man. Claim it!

[quote name='htown01']Did y'all guys see this (link to SD). S0Jr found that RitzCamera will be selling the game only for $38.89, shipping included.

I didn't want to create another thread on this game so I'm posting here to see if the OP wants to add this to the 1st post :)[/QUOTE]
The deal is DEAD. RITZ now sell it for $61.99 + Shipping :(

plus, the ritz pricing error was only for the xbox version. ps3 is the lead platform for homefront so i'd rather have it on ps3.

[quote name='PublikDefender']plus, the ritz pricing error was only for the xbox version. ps3 is the lead platform for homefront so i'd rather have it on ps3.[/QUOTE]

How so?

Microsoft is pushing the fuck out of this game.

When i researched kaos's development last year, i found out that ps3 was the lead platform b/c they said it would improve quality control issues since they're a small studio. Kaos was also going to hand off the pc port to a different studio entirely (i forget which one), but would supposedly maintain strong pc support. microsoft then paid kaos for the launch dlc to be a timed exclusive so that it would only appear for ps3 at a later date. I'm still on the fence, though. I went with amazon's killzone 3 offer and will be getting battlefield 3 later on pc (superior platform for bf3). Hopefully, there will still be a mp community when i get back to homefront at a later time. Kinda doubt it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been looking forward to this game for a long time. Online play should be great with the dedicated servers. Looks good so far!

bread's done
Back