Homefront

A patch was submitted to MS but there's no details yet on what it contains.

Still having fun but was getting frustrated last night. I pretty much only play GC and it seemed everyone was just trying to pad their K/D or something. I swear there was one match where I went like 9 and 16 but had the highest score of both teams.

I'm thinking about getting into the online but just havnt entered the code yet lol

i never really got into cod. played ata friends a few times and would rather tfc. dont even get to create your own maps, got to buy em hehe.
playing hf campaign tho i like that homefront seems more like counterstrike. just not sure if the online is that way. :)

[quote name='Kevfactor']I'm thinking about getting into the online but just havnt entered the code yet lol[/QUOTE]

If you're thinking of selling or trading the code, you can play MP without it. You're just capped at level 5 (normal cap is 75) until you enter the battle code. Good way to try before you 'buy'.

Thinking of picking this up sometime this week.

I downloaded the multiplayer demo, and it's interesting, I like the Battle Commander mode. Is it just me, though, or does it seem like the soldiers are running in molasses? So slow.

Yes sir. Through the THQ website or whatnot.

The game's a bit clunky, I'll admit that, but it seemed like it has potential. It's kind of hard to tell what the game's fully like when it's just one map and I only have a couple things at my disposal. My biggest complaint is just the movement of the characters, they seem slow and it just doesn't flow very well. I like sniping in it so far, haven't really tried out the other stuff.

The plan was for my friend and I to both get the game and try it and play it together, but after playing the demo he hates it and isn't going to get it. That's kind of...balls. He might be used to Call Of Duty, his main complaint was with me that it seems clunky. More of a problem for him than me, I guess.

Homefront definitely lacks polish. Clunky is an accurate adjective.

HF characters do move a bit slower. On the plus side, you do have unlimited sprint. You will also run slightly faster with a smaller weapon equipped (you move fastest with pistol in hand).

I'll probably still pick it up, but I'm not entirely sure it's worth $60. I have $20 in giftcards to Gamestop along with some credit so I might just use that.

I wouldn't say it's a bust, but from what I've played in the demo I don't think it's fantastic. I'm holding onto hope that there's stuff that I haven't seen yet that I'm not aware of, since people (Soodmeg, at least) seems to like it.

It def doesnt feel like a $60 game but I still think it's pretty fun. I picked it up cause I was looking for something different from BF and COD and this fits the bill for me.

After playing this I dont see why it gets so much heat. I had fun for the 4-5 games i played.
I love the look of the maps, although they are big, the all where fun to play. I'm digging the weapons, and the Battle Point system.
If anyone wants to try the Muli-Player Demo, head over to http://www.homefront-game.com/demo
you have to register to get access the demo though.

I like it as well, but it's just that after playing Call Of Duty/Bad Company 2, Homefront seems kind of...outdated, I guess?

I'll probably grab it when it goes on sale.

I've seen others on here say that the reason you have to get it through the website and it's not on Xbox Live is because apprently this is a stress test demo for the servers for...the actual demo? Or something? I have no idea.

Homefront is good, but it just seems bland compared to Call Of Duty or Battlefield. Something seems off about it.

HF is definitely less sexy than CoD/BF. The netcode in HF, is excellent, puts blops to shame for sure. Especially impressive when theres a few tanks and helicopters roaming around tearing stuff up.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']What exactly is the difference between the Proximity Launcher and the RPG?[/QUOTE]

with the proximity launcher you just have to get it close to your target and it'll do the rest, takes a little getting used to but i use it over the rpg

Got 2 buddies to try the demo so far, neither liked it. All by my lonesome. I like it, but I feel it's a $40 buy compared to $60.

Also, when a buddy spawns a Humvee to drive in, I wish I could actually pick his vehicle to spawn in rather than just hitting Team Vehicle. If there are multiple friendly vehicles on the road, does it just randomly pick one for me to hop in?

There is no way to pick which vehicle to spawn in. It's effectively a random pick from vehicles that have an open spot. Of course, if it's safe enough, you can jump out.

One other thing that's not obvious with vehicles is that the perks you pick for a vehicle do not necessarily apply to your teammate. Best example being the eject seat which I always have on the hummer. When the hummer explodes, I will eject but my co-pilot will only eject if they also have the same perk on hummers.

HF is $40 at Kmart from June 12-18 (check kmart thread in deals section). I imagine HF's MP will die once BF3, MW3 and GoW3 come out if not before then.

I'll probably just pick it up as a filler to kill the time till then, I can't imagine it'd survive once those get released.

I just noticed how much I've been commenting in this thread recently, I just keep looking for opinions on whether or not I should bite the bullet and go for the purchase. Meh, we'll see.

I kind of enjoyed the game when I had it and had several friends to play with when we could get the party system to work. In objective modes without friends it turned into people mostly camping and just me and 1 or 2 others going for capture points. Whichever team had the more or better campers or camped to get the vehicles first won especially since it seemed I was the only who ever tried to take out the vehicles when playing alone. I didn't buy this game to camp and found no joy in playing the game that way, to each their own. In the end I sold the game since NOBODY on my friends list played it anymore, nobody said they planned to pick it up, and it sucked badly trying to play on my own.

[quote name='woodcan']I kind of enjoyed the game when I had it and had several friends to play with when we could get the party system to work. In objective modes without friends it turned into people mostly camping and just me and 1 or 2 others going for capture points. Whichever team had the more or better campers or camped to get the vehicles first won especially since it seemed I was the only who ever tried to take out the vehicles when playing alone. I didn't buy this game to camp and found no joy in playing the game that way, to each their own. In the end I sold the game since NOBODY on my friends list played it anymore, nobody said they planned to pick it up, and it sucked badly trying to play on my own.[/QUOTE]

And now look... 3 of us have it and will play it. ;)

[quote name='woodcan']More than 3 people had it before and never played it.[/QUOTE]

You should play with a better class of people then :D

[quote name='woodcan'] In objective modes without friends it turned into people mostly camping and just me and 1 or 2 others going for capture points.[/QUOTE]

This has been the exception, rather than the rule, for me. It's easy enough to get killed once by a camper, but there are so many ways to counter them, airstrikes being the most obvious. Not a good idea to snipe without overhead cover but I see it all the time. It also helps that headshots are the only way to kill someone with one shot from a distance. If you're at full health when you get hit, you have time to go prone and wait to regen all your health or call up an airstrike.

I have a lot of fun with this game, it's all I'm playing right now when I'm in the mood for MP but I have a hard time recommending it at any price. The MP is solidly executed but there's nothing exceptional about it and like I've mentioned, I can't see the community sticking around for very long.

If that. I could see myself picking it up either around there or 20 bucks, but not 60.

I don't mean to rag on the thing, but as I play it more and more it's just...bleh. Might be an acquired taste, though.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']
HF is $40 at Kmart from June 12-18 (check kmart thread in deals section).[/QUOTE]

hope amazon price matches!

Nothing but crickets on the new map pack. Downloaded it last night but didn't get a chance to play. Anyone else give it a shot?

I haven't picked up the map pack but might just for the heck of it. Just suks that there are only 5-8k people playing most of the time and now the map packs will divide the few of us who are playing.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']
HF is $40 at Kmart from June 12-18 (check kmart thread in deals section). I imagine HF's MP will die once BF3, MW3 and GoW3 come out if not before then.[/QUOTE]

That's still too much ;)

Hat least there is a game to be found with 6-8K playing. Found a cheap copy of Medal of Honor on PS3 and there were 1111 people on total. Only got 5 minutes in on and it looked pretty good.

bread's done
Back