*HOT* Ship FIRST-CLASS & MEDIA-MAIL USPS for no monthly fee

hotwls13

CAGiversary!
Feedback
89 (100%)
I'm not sure if this is where to post this but here goes.

I got this from Slickdeals. Thanks davidwlam!

*HOT* Ship FIRST-CLASS & MEDIA-MAIL USPS for no monthly fee

So How do I ship using Pitney Bowes for FREE????

Simple....you probably have a Paypal account right? If so you've probably used their shipping when you sell stuff. But what about those outside-of-eBay-or-paypal purchases?? (Like ones on half.com or Amazon.com?).

Its quite simple. Using your Paypal Account all you have to do is log in, and use this link: Linky

If you aren't particularly computer-saavy, you are probably wonder why this allows you to ship stuff without having received a payment. Simple...if you click the "ship" button in your account, you'll notice this exact link, but with a &info=somecrazymessofletters&numbers. That &info is the pre-filled out form information that allows it to fill out the address for you. By removing it, it simply doesn't fill it out and allows you to fill it out manually.

It works perfectly and bills through your paypal account. You can select it to take the payment from your paypal balance, a credit card or a bank account (if you are trustworthy enough to add one).

Pro's & Con's to this "Free" way of shipping

PRO:
1: Now you can ship all of your First-Class and Media-Mail stuff WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY SOME NONSENSE MONTHLY FEE!
2: You don't have to use USPS.com's confusing & chaotic website to ship Priority Mail & Express Mail
3: Easy-to-use Paypal interface doesn't require special software or sticker-labels. Just shove a peice of paper in your printer and it prints fine, no issues!
4: You don't have to go to the PO and wait in line on your Lunch Hour!

NEUTRAL (could be a pro or con, depends on you):
1: You HAVE to pay a $.13 delivery confirmation fee for First-class & Media-Mail, its required. In my eyes, this is a benefit since I would purchase it anyways from the post office. You never know what kind of people try to BS you and say they never received the item you shipped them. Thus using delivery confirmation can prevent someone from defrauding you. At the US Post Office it costs 55 cents to buy delivery confirmation for media mail or first-class mail, so 13 cents is a real savings!

CON:
1: You can't ship to Canada, UK, etc, only within the United States
unless you ship WITH UPS SHIPPING This means you'll still have to wait in line at the post office when you have to ship outside of the US.

Edit seems you can now ship international!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a question about mailing from home. Wouldn't I need some way to weigh a package? Do you guys have some type of package weighing contraption?

[quote name='Gamehead']Do you guys have some type of package weighing contraption?[/quote]

I use this new device called a food scale. You can find them at these things called stores. They are pretty cheap, less than $10.;):lol:

[quote name='mguiddy']I use this new device called a food scale. You can find them at these things called stores. They are pretty cheap, less than $10.;):lol:[/QUOTE]

A food scale? I never thought of that.

[quote name='Gamehead']A food scale? I never thought of that.[/quote]

The one I have goes up to seven pounds. Anything heavier and I use a bathroom scale.

Thanks, i've been thinking about shipping some stuff to Goozex, and 13cents is cheap, especially with delivery confirmation. Now, to get myself some bubble envelopes.

Edit, wait for Goozex, is it better if i use Media mail or First Class? And do i have to purchase that signature thing?

[quote name='csidegamer']If it is a small box or padded envelope, I just drop them in the mailbox on my way to work.
No waiting for the PO to open, or rushing home to get there before close.

Ink is cheap, I buy generic.[/QUOTE]

be even more a cheapass like me. I refill my own ink. even cheaper and easy to. I baught my refill kit have refilled around 16 times only used half of one bottle come with 2 bottles.

ITS really very easy to do. stick the bottle in a hole under the stickers squizz till you see the ink start to bubble at the top. put cartridge back in.

[quote name='62t']If you can make a good estimate that should be enough. The Post Office rarely reweights anything.[/QUOTE]

sorry for the double post but.

Never do this! I did it one time and was off by maybe 4-5 oz. they held the package for two weeks and then sent it back to me with a stamp all over the box that said wrong weight!!!!!! I then had to pay again to have it sent out. Plus the people were pissed they didn't get their stuff for a while. Still gave me a positive though after I explained what had happened.

[quote name='blackbird3216']Edit, wait for Goozex, is it better if i use Media mail or First Class? And do i have to purchase that signature thing?[/quote]

I use First Class when the package is just one game. It costs about the same or even less than Media Mail, plus it's much faster.

Signature is not necessary. I never use it.

[quote name='mguiddy']The one I have goes up to seven pounds. Anything heavier and I use a bathroom scale.[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='NegativeZero']May I ask what you need to do if you'd like to ship parcel post? considering cancelling a shipping acct I have for this. any one know?[/QUOTE]

I asked this legitimate question (considering that the title only mentions 1st Class and Media)

The only response I got was sarcastic. but I am not interested in knowing about priority as well.

Any help is appreciated.

[quote name='NegativeZero']I asked this legitimate question (considering that the title only mentions 1st Class and Media)

The only response I got was sarcastic. but I am not interested in knowing about priority as well.

Any help is appreciated.[/quote]
[quote name='DreamSymphony']1. Weigh your package
2. Put said weight into paypal shipping
3. pick parcel post
4. pay and print...[/quote]

:whistle2:k
DreamSymphony told you how to ship parcel post. Where is the problem.

[quote name='Karuto']Does anyone know if I can use a flat-rate priority mail envelope from USPS to ship using media mail postage? Thanks![/quote]

You cannot use priority mail supplies for anything other than priority mail.

[quote name='mguiddy']:whistle2:k
DreamSymphony told you how to ship parcel post. Where is the problem.[/QUOTE]

I guess my problem is the title (its a bit misleading "Ship FIRST-CLASS & MEDIA-MAIL USPS for no monthly fee")

Since it only mentions 1st class and media mail does that necessarily mean that you cannot ship priority? The title seems to limit the options of shipping while the actual shipping options provided may include all methods. I am just trying to get a better understanding

[quote name='NegativeZero']I guess my problem is the title (its a bit misleading "Ship FIRST-CLASS & MEDIA-MAIL USPS for no monthly fee")

Since it only mentions 1st class and media mail does that necessarily mean that you cannot ship priority? The title seems to limit the options of shipping while the actual shipping options provided may include all methods. I am just trying to get a better understanding[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the title is what it is because before people found that Paypal allows this, the only way to print postage that wasn't express/priority was to have a subscription based service. I don't know why the title doesn't say parcel post, maybe because first class above 13 oz is basically parcel post, maybe because most people here would ship first class or media, or maybe paypal didn't offer it two years ago (I don't remember).

Perhaps the title should be changed to "*HOT* Ship any method USPS for no monthly fee via paypal"

[quote name='mguiddy']I'm pretty sure the title is what it is because before people found that Paypal allows this, the only way to print postage that wasn't express/priority was to have a subscription based service. I don't know why the title doesn't say parcel post, maybe because first class above 13 oz is basically parcel post, maybe because most people here would ship first class or media, or maybe paypal didn't offer it two years ago (I don't remember).

Perhaps the title should be changed to "*HOT* Ship any method USPS for no monthly fee via paypal"[/QUOTE]

That title does sound much better.

Quick question, can you use a bubble envelope/large manilla envelope to mail something via Media Mail? When I input envelope on the usps/paypal site, I don't get a Media Mail option. But when I put Package in, I get it. Thoughts?

[quote name='LuisRM']Quick question, can you use a bubble envelope/large manilla envelope to mail something via Media Mail? When I input envelope on the usps/paypal site, I don't get a Media Mail option. But when I put Package in, I get it. Thoughts?[/quote]

Hmm makes no sense.
Choose that you are sending a package not an envelope (the weight is the weight and that's all that matters for Media Mail)
But if you are shipping one game(under 13 oz.), choose First Class
as it is less expensive than MM and faster.

[quote name='iflabs']Wait, so all this does is essentially grant you access to paypal's shipping system? No free mailing?

I don't have a scale. :([/quote]
Yes. No.
Some people guess (most games are about 7-8 oz).

This sounds good, and I am pretty surprised it works on other countries, the automatic postal machines at the PO wont accept international mail. at least they wouldnt the last time I tried(years ago)

[quote name='iflabs']Wait, so all this does is essentially grant you access to paypal's shipping system? No free mailing?

I don't have a scale. :([/QUOTE]

Scales are cheap... :)

bread's done
Back