*HOT* Ship FIRST-CLASS & MEDIA-MAIL USPS for no monthly fee

hotwls13

CAGiversary!
Feedback
89 (100%)
I'm not sure if this is where to post this but here goes.

I got this from Slickdeals. Thanks davidwlam!

*HOT* Ship FIRST-CLASS & MEDIA-MAIL USPS for no monthly fee

So How do I ship using Pitney Bowes for FREE????

Simple....you probably have a Paypal account right? If so you've probably used their shipping when you sell stuff. But what about those outside-of-eBay-or-paypal purchases?? (Like ones on half.com or Amazon.com?).

Its quite simple. Using your Paypal Account all you have to do is log in, and use this link: Linky

If you aren't particularly computer-saavy, you are probably wonder why this allows you to ship stuff without having received a payment. Simple...if you click the "ship" button in your account, you'll notice this exact link, but with a &info=somecrazymessofletters&numbers. That &info is the pre-filled out form information that allows it to fill out the address for you. By removing it, it simply doesn't fill it out and allows you to fill it out manually.

It works perfectly and bills through your paypal account. You can select it to take the payment from your paypal balance, a credit card or a bank account (if you are trustworthy enough to add one).

Pro's & Con's to this "Free" way of shipping

PRO:
1: Now you can ship all of your First-Class and Media-Mail stuff WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY SOME NONSENSE MONTHLY FEE!
2: You don't have to use USPS.com's confusing & chaotic website to ship Priority Mail & Express Mail
3: Easy-to-use Paypal interface doesn't require special software or sticker-labels. Just shove a peice of paper in your printer and it prints fine, no issues!
4: You don't have to go to the PO and wait in line on your Lunch Hour!

NEUTRAL (could be a pro or con, depends on you):
1: You HAVE to pay a $.13 delivery confirmation fee for First-class & Media-Mail, its required. In my eyes, this is a benefit since I would purchase it anyways from the post office. You never know what kind of people try to BS you and say they never received the item you shipped them. Thus using delivery confirmation can prevent someone from defrauding you. At the US Post Office it costs 55 cents to buy delivery confirmation for media mail or first-class mail, so 13 cents is a real savings!

CON:
1: You can't ship to Canada, UK, etc, only within the United States
unless you ship WITH UPS SHIPPING This means you'll still have to wait in line at the post office when you have to ship outside of the US.

Edit seems you can now ship international!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='aznguyen316']can't paypal multi-order shipping do this?[/QUOTE]

Yes. You can create an order in multi order shipping and you will not have to bother with the steps in the thread. I think this thread was created before they had that option.

You DO NOT have to go to the post office for pkgs over 13 oz. using paypal or any printed stamp product or postage meter. It's only when you use STAMPS that you have to sit in line at the post office.... you can see this fact also listed on all the other internet stamp competitors websites like stamps.com as a benefit to their products over stamps.

"Special notice — Federal Aviation Administration security guidelines are still in effect. Mail with postage paid by postage stamps (not postage meter strips) that weigh over 13 oz. must be presented to a postal clerk at a Post Office rather than deposited in a collection box. Returns meeting this description that are deposited in collection boxes will be returned to the sender."

http://www.usps.com/communications/newsroom/localnews/ca/ca_2008_0407c.htm

also look at the USPS label on this returned package at the top of this article...
http://consumerist.com/2008/05/usps...packages-makes-no-sense.html#comments-content

so im confused, i can ship out a package that weighs less than 13 ounces with first class for FREE? besides the 13 cents delivery confirmation?
.13 to ship a tiny package?

19 cents actually

This is awesome. I sell tons of things on Ebay and I have been using paypal to ship for those things, but for trades, or just to send something to family always required a run to the post office. Thanks again for this!

[quote name='sabin23']thx[/QUOTE]
Yes there is some risk involved putting packages on porch. Depending on the size, I too will drop the packages in a mailbox on the way to work. It's the larger packages that I have picked up.

I read the OP and am still confused on this procedure. So I get that you can ship first class via USPS for next to nothing (13 cents for DC) but do you still go into your PO and buy a bubble mailer (for shipping games for trades) and ship it there?

[quote name='SativaSam']I read the OP and am still confused on this procedure. So I get that you can ship first class via USPS for next to nothing (13 cents for DC) but do you still go into your PO and buy a bubble mailer (for shipping games for trades) and ship it there?[/QUOTE]

You're still paying the same rate I believe for the package weight, DC is required when you buy shipping via this method but if you were planning to get it anyways it'll be cheaper. After purchasing it, you'll print out the label and tape it to your box/bubble mailer (You dont need to buy them at the post office, office supply stores, pharmacies, etc should have them too) You then take the package with the prepaid label and drop it off at a post office, or sometimes drop box if its small enough.

[quote name='david12795']wait so....you can ship for FREE with first class?! i cant believe i missed out on this![/QUOTE]

Errmm..there isnt any fee to using paypal shipping but you still have to pay for the actual postage.

The link is now asking me to pay ebay for the shipping fees? wtf! I recently created a label yesterday and no address is shown on my transaction!

im trying to return an item to the UK and the shipping is outrageous, 15 bucks? the thing I bought is only work half of that.

By using this method will I only pay .13 cents? is there a limit on the weight?

Overseas shipping can be expensive, especially if you get outside of First Class International postage. I'd recommend taking it into the local Post Office and having them weigh it and tell you the available options.

The $0.13 referred to in the OP is an added charge for mandatory delivery confirmation (tracking) on US packages.

This might no longer work, just received an email from Paypal stating they are changing the shipping label tool starting March 27.

[quote name='htz']This might no longer work, just received an email from Paypal stating they are changing the shipping label tool starting March 27.[/QUOTE]

Changing or getting rid of?

[quote name='musha666']Changing or getting rid of?[/QUOTE]
We are replacing our current shipping label tool for another that can save you time and money.

Over the next few weeks, PayPal is directing customers to a new and improved tool for creating shipping labels.

The new PayPal tool is powered by eBay and very similar to the current one. But it is easier to use and comes with added advantages, including extra service options, and USPS shipping rates that are up to 32.5% less than what you pay now. You can read all about the benefits in the new tool's FAQs.

What Do I Need to Do?
Nothing right now. Just be aware that starting March 27, 2012, when you go to create a shipping label, you may be automatically directed to use the new PayPal tool.

How Does the Shipping Label Tool Work?
Working with the new tool should be easy and very similar to the one you use now. If you do need help, these FAQs, demos, and tutorials are right there to walk you through the process and answer any questions you may have.

A better way to print shipping labels—just another benefit of PayPal Payments.

Thank you,

PayPal
^That is the email I got, have not check the FAQs yet. Sounds like they are replacing it with a new tool. Not sure if they are removing the paypal.com/shipnow thing.

[quote name='musha666']Hmm, hopefully you dont have to sell something on eBay to use this after the 27th.[/QUOTE]
They changed the ebay one already. I don't think it charged the .19 anymore for dc. Actually ebay has 2 different ways to do labels, pp is the 3rd. They are probably trying to consolidate the methods into one type.

I don't know if it is usps or what but lately (past 2 months), first class 3 oz with dc costs $1.65 when it use to cost $1.75. anyone know if prices for other methods have been lowered?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I don't know if it is usps or what but lately (past 2 months), first class 3 oz with dc costs $1.65 when it use to cost $1.75. anyone know if prices for other methods have been lowered?[/QUOTE]

DC is included, I think. Before it was.19 now the rates went up, but DC is free for 1st and priority now.

what is this monthly fee you save from? I don't ever recall paying a monthly fee to begin with

Does anyone have a way of shipping First Class by pre-paid postage?

USPS does not have First Class or Parcel Post available on the site. I don't really care about paying for printing if it's the same price. I just don't want to spend time going to the post office this week.

You just have to follow the instructions in the first post, assuming you have a Paypal.
To simplify it, log into PayPal, go here, choose First Class Parcel (or Parcel Select Nonpresort for parcel post) as the service type, fill out the shipping info, pay, and print. Real easy, usually cheaper than actually going to the post office.

I get errors every time I do that.

Have you followed the instructions and gotten a successful label in the past few weeks?

Here's the error:

We are not able to generate your label at this time. Your PayPal account was not charged. Please try again later.
  • Your request failed due to technical difficulties. Please click Pay and Continue to try again.

Huh. I dunno what the problem is there; I used it to print a first class label last Saturday but nothing since then.

Could someone please PM me and explain what exactly this is? I've read the thread so many times and don't understand what this does for you.

I sell on eBay and take my sold items to my post office and pay for the shipping there. I also don't use labels I just write their address on my bubble mailers.

Would really appreciate it if someone explain what exactly this does for eBay sellers (if anything)

online have cheaper rates than paying in post office. us don't have to wait in line. just walk in, drop off and leave. how simple is that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone please PM me and explain what exactly this is? I've read the thread so many times and don't understand what this does for you.

I sell on eBay and take my sold items to my post office and pay for the shipping there. I also don't use labels I just write their address on my bubble mailers.

Would really appreciate it if someone explain what exactly this does for eBay sellers (if anything)
Making a label online is much cheaper. I sold games and it cost more than $2.50 to ship them sometimes but printing a label is cheaper because delivery confirmation is free on First Class and Priority. USPS.com has discounted Priority and free tracking, so you save much more there.

Thank you OP! Finally jumped on this and saved a ton of cash.

Sold a wallet on Craigslist, paid $1.93 shipping from LA to San Diego, and it's being delivered tomorrow. 

bread's done
Back