House party is back. Apply for two free PS3 Move controllers + more!

Oh hell nah this has "Hanging Tough" by New Kids On The Block I'm feeling 80's nostalgia!

Here is the track list for anyone curious:

"Bye Bye Bye" *N Sync
"Shut Up" Black Eyed Peas
"Heart Of Glass" Blondie
"With You" Chris Brown
"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" Cyndi Lauper
"Baby Love" Diana Ross and The Supremes
"I Will Survive" Gloria Gaynor
"Standing In The Way Of Control" Gossip
"What You Waiting For?" Gwen Stefani
"Cosmic Girl" Jamiroquai
"That’s The Way (I Like It)" KC & The Sunshine Band
"Day ‘N’ Nite" Kid Cudi vs Crookers
"Celebration" Kool And The Gang
"Bulletproof" La Roux
"Poker Face" Lady Gaga
"U Can’t Touch This" MC Hammer
"Hangin Tough" New Kids On The Block
"Hey Ya!" Outkast
"Straight Up" Paula Abdul
"I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)" Pitbull
"I Like To Move It" Reel 2 Real feat. The Mad Stuntman
"Living La Vida Loca" Ricky Martin
"It’s Like That" Run DMC vs Jason Nevins
"Push It" Salt N Pepa
"Boombastic" Shaggy
"Baby Got Back" Sir Mix A Lot
"Crank That" Soulja Boy
"Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)" The Backstreet Boys
"I Want You Back" The Jackson 5
"Don’t Cha" The Pussycat Dolls

I've done at least 6 parties through this website... actually did 4 outta of the 6 parties. They're pretty fun. I've already signed up for this.

I only signed up for this thing once before, but don't think my answers were good enough.

Edit: my gamerscore is 666!!!! haha

Hm maybe I can get MC Hammer over to my place and dance to U Can't Touch This, he only lives a few blocks away from me.

[quote name='Ratfoot']Hm maybe I can get MC Hammer over to my place and dance to U Can't Touch This, he only lives a few blocks away from me.[/QUOTE]

LOL... you live in Tracy? My wife grew up there - we live just over the hill, in Dublin. She said she used to see his wife at the supermarket all the time.

[quote name='lllGurulll']You will be disappointed in the Move product. My kids don't even play it and we have had it for 2 weeks now.[/QUOTE]

You should have your kids tell my kids how to feel. They ask to play Eye Pet or Start the Party every day.

If only you could help them to be disappointed instead of enjoying it.

Pass. If you think they are just going to send you the goods and forget about you, youre wrong. They would have just had a regular giveaway.

You HAVE to actually host a party if you win this? Fail. I couldn't even tell you the last time I was at a party, let alone hosted one. Actually I don't think I EVER hosted one.

Considering the BullShhhh people pulled off during the Windows & Ultimate giveaway I think I was the only fool who actually considered having people over.

[quote name='psunami']You should have your kids tell my kids how to feel. They ask to play Eye Pet or Start the Party every day.

If only you could help them to be disappointed instead of enjoying it.[/QUOTE]

I had pretty high expectations of this and it is just Wii on steroids.

I'm pretty sure at least half of the people that sign up for this, probably 2/3+ don't plan on having a party. If you think about it, most of the products on houseparty are stupid as shit. Yea, let's throw a party for some Swiffer mops or BBQ sauce. Or how about the Durex women's party pack that included vibrating finger things and a box of condoms. Use houseparty for what it really is: a chance of free shit.

I am pretty sure you can "Game" that Questionare, liek when it says can they Invite the media to your house just says Yes.

There are a few Filter out questions when any No answer automatically disqualifies you.

Pretty much your answers are fed into analystics software which crunches some numbers and if your age etc. fits their demographics Profile you get accepted.

Thats why I said I was a "female" I am sure they have enough Males already signed up.

I'll just throw them a picture of my sister or friend.

Thats how you "game" the system.

And answer the personal fill in the blank questions with alot of energy, those are read by a person selecting people just sound excited and hyped up.

Boom Tons of Free stuff. All I need to buy is the $29.99 Navigation Controller If I get selected.

[quote name='lllGurulll']I had pretty high expectations of this and it is just Wii on steroids.[/QUOTE]

And to me it is much more than that. You can see the potential for it in certain games. The augmented reality items that it brings in Start the Party engage my kids in games in a way that they haven't been before.

Away from our debate, I'm not sure of what the House Party people expect, my wife and I recorded videos and took pictures of the event that we held. It didn't take much of an effort to do so.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You HAVE to actually host a party if you win this? Fail. I couldn't even tell you the last time I was at a party, let alone hosted one. Actually I don't think I EVER hosted one.[/QUOTE]

Buy some alcohol, chips, and salsa and you're set...if you haven't been to a party in forever maybe it's time to throw one

[quote name='isofan1']What's going to happen? They bust down your doors with a gun to your head telling you to have a party? and the entire time they watch you as you miserably dance to 90 pop hits?[/QUOTE]
Yeah there is absolutely no way they can tell if you actually host a party and if they are like oh you have to send pictures.. ok get a few friends over and do dumb poses :roll:

personally if i do get it i plan on throwing a party but i know 99% of the people signing up are only doing it for the free controllers

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I couldn't even tell you the last time I was at a party, let alone hosted one. Actually I don't think I EVER hosted one.[/QUOTE]

This is a huge surprise.

If we truly DO have to have a "party" im just gonna take a few pictures of myself, my dad, my brother and maybe a friend or two holding the move controller in front of the tv. Who has time to throw a party just to play a crap game like singstar!

[quote name='TheHapaOne']Buy some alcohol, chips, and salsa and you're set...if you haven't been to a party in forever maybe it's time to throw one[/QUOTE]
I'm mid 30's and have like ONE really close friend who hasn't moved out of this area that I could invite to a party. Aside from that I'm pretty much the stereotypical gamer: a virtual shut-in. My partying days are loooooong behind me.
[quote name='gettinmoney662']This is a huge surprise.[/QUOTE]
:grouphug:;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm mid 30's and have like ONE really close friend who hasn't moved out of this area that I could invite to a party. Aside from that I'm pretty much the stereotypical gamer: a virtual shut-in. My partying days are loooooong behind me.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, the surprises keep coming.

It's not hard to host a party. Buy some drinks, invite some friends, and have the Move connected for people to play while waiting for their turn at pong. That's my plan if I get selected. The way I see it, it's just another excuse to have a party.

[quote name='turls']If you don't want to host a party don't sign up. Talk about welfare mentality.[/QUOTE]

No, this is gaming the system. Their whole premise is stupid, but I'll gladly take free stuff from them because they're idiots.

Our little party didn't do so well because none of the kids like Start the Party and everyone wanted to play eyepet. Problem with that is that eyepet had to be set up for each individual and it got old fast.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Our little party didn't do so well because none of the kids like Start the Party and everyone wanted to play eyepet. Problem with that is that eyepet had to be set up for each individual and it got old fast.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Same thing at my party, but at least we had plenty of alcohol for the adults.

I gamed the system already got Confirmation email. With a buch of legal mumbo jumbo.

Looks like I will actually have to get a few people and fake a party a few quick pics.

I was reading the details, and no pictures will be accepted with Liqour lables visible. Around small children etc etc.

Theres goes my plan to have my little 5 year old nephew in the pics holding a bottle of Patron. :)

How did I "game" the system

Considering these forums and Gaming in general is like a 95% dude sausage fest.

I simply clicked "Female" on the application.

[quote name='MrYouTube']I gamed the system already got Confirmation email. With a buch of legal mumbo jumbo.

Looks like I will actually have to get a few people and fake a party a few quick pics.

I was reading the details, and no pictures will be accepted with Liqour lables visible. Around small children etc etc.

Theres goes my plan to have my little 5 year old nephew in the pics holding a bottle of Patron. :)

I simply clicked "Female" on the application.[/QUOTE]

Hmm so you got notified instantly 2 weeks before the supposed on or around 10/16 date for people to find out of they got accepted...

[quote name='MrYouTube']I gamed the system already got Confirmation email. With a buch of legal mumbo jumbo.

I simply clicked "Female" on the application.[/QUOTE]

Cool story bro, but they give the confirmation email to everyone who successfully submits an application; it's not a confirmation you actually won. They explain that to you before you finish filling it all out.

Unless you totally somehow shammed them man, then congrats haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kvntwvlf']Cool story bro, but they give the confirmation email to everyone who successfully submits an application; it's not a confirmation you actually won. They explain that to you before you finish filling it all out.

Unless you totally somehow shammed them man, then congrats haha.[/QUOTE]
They send an email to confirm that their application is valid. There is no legal or rules put in there. What he got sounds different and he just may have gotten in

I just signed up by the way. Never heard of these house parties. I don't typically throw parties at my house, too much stuff to break. The last thing I want is some drunk breaking my flat screen or spilling something on my carpet or my furniture.

I would fully participate in the promotion though. Prolly keep it low key with mostly family members and children.

It sounds like alot of people get selected for these things. Did you people that have been selected in the past b.s. the survey like some people are suggesting, telling it what it wants to hear or did you answer honestly?

Last edited by a moderator:
signed up, figured I could just do it in my gf's dorm; that would have enough people for pictures to be taken to ward off any worries.

I signed up a got picked for the 25th date. I picked an earlier date which it allowed me to do. Well the day rolled around and I had no Move stuff, so I canceled. I got it in time for the 25th, but decided to do smaller invites. Two friends at work have bought it with my sales pitch without a demo. I offered play testing to anyone on my list just in case. The Move is brilliant, sport Champions is the best motion control sports game out, it kills sport Resort.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm mid 30's and have like ONE really close friend who hasn't moved out of this area that I could invite to a party. Aside from that I'm pretty much the stereotypical gamer: a virtual shut-in. My partying days are loooooong behind me.[/QUOTE]

Wait...don't you live in your parents basement? I remember that one thread where you found some display rack and you and your dad hauled it down to the basement or some shit. I always thought you were like 14.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']@IAmTheCheapestGamer do you have Social Anxiety or Social Phobia ? and if so do you take Zoloft for it ?[/QUOTE]
Most everybody save for the few closest friends and family members I've let into my inner circle have turned out to be backstabbing jackholes, so I'd rather not let anyone else in for the most part.

There's still people I'm 'chummy' with, but would I call them 'friends'? No.

Does that answer your question?:D
[quote name='SEH']Wait...don't you live in your parents basement? I remember that one thread where you found some display rack and you and your dad hauled it down to the basement or some shit. I always thought you were like 14.[/QUOTE]
I live upstairs, but I have some of my stuff downstairs(including PC, PS3 and a shitload of cases/guides for games).

As for my age I'm mid 30's.:razz:

So no, I do not live in my parents basement.:booty:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

So no, I do not live in my parents basement.:booty:[/QUOTE]

Dang thats cold making your parents live in the basement;)

bread's done
Back