How do CAGs do lunch?

On Mondays and Wednesdays I have classes from 10-2 non stop, so I usually eat when I get home after school. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I have a break from 11-12 so I usually eat at the cafe they have at school with some friends.

what about the option for I cook my own or I go home to eat. I've always worked 2nd shift. So I would cook my own lunch and eat it at home.

I know a couple of people that go home for lunch, and eat leftovers.

When I'm working lunch is my dinner. I'll have a really good lunch. Then eat something small for dinner when I got home at 11 or so.

I voted for "I usually pack a full, balanced lunch" because its sorta like eating at home. But I don't bag my stuff up.

I work in a shopping center with a market so I go there and pick up something that's on sale (usually a frozen dinner type meal) and I bring a can of diet coke from home and have lunch for usually under $3.

Only taking two classes, but no break inbetween. Then I go to work most of the time w/ nothing. I go like 20 hours without a meal once a week probably, but most of the time will stop and get a sammich somewhere. I used to just eat wherever was close while working at UPS but now I work in the middle of the industrial park so if I wan't something quick, it's fast food, and I would rather go 20 hours + without eating than have something that will make me sick.

usually Chipotle, mediterranean food, subway or I make food at my apartment.

I go home and eat a hot meal there. Usually left overs from whatever I made for dinner the night before. So tomorrow I'll have some home made chicken soup and fresh bread.

[quote name='guyver2077']thats pretty good.. ate there once in denver[/quote] You're in florida, guyver? Do y'all have Moe's Southwestern wahtever it is? I prefer Moes to Chipotle any day of the week. Billy Barou nachos, if you please. Honestly their menu is awesome. Joey Bag of Donuts, The Other Lewinski, Sherman Klump... how can you get better names? And don't forget your salsa. My favorite would be Who is Kaiser Salsa.

Starve and drink fountain water: five days of no lunch equals a full priced game.

Just kidding, usually just fruit, soda, water, and ramen. That or splurge on Chinese or burgers.

[quote name='sarausagi']Starve and drink fountain water: five days of no lunch equals a full priced game.

Just kidding[/quote]You laugh. I fast on Mondays and Wednesdays. (Not for economical reasons.) For folks who do a lot of eating out, they'd save a bundle if they tried this.

I bring my lunch to work, which normally is a frozen entree of some kind (for convienence), some fruit cup, a soda, and something crunchy, like pretzels or some kind of chips.

Occasionally, I run out to get lunch, though that's only when I have it planned, or know I need to run errands/do something over the lunch hour.

I have a stack of about ten different soups at any given point of time in my desk and I eat one of those a day and then I bring in some veggies or a piece or two of fruit for a snack throughout the day.

[quote name='guinaevere']I go home and eat a hot meal there. Usually left overs from whatever I made for dinner the night before. So tomorrow I'll have some home made chicken soup and fresh bread.

You're in florida, guyver? Do y'all have Moe's Southwestern wahtever it is? I prefer Moes to Chipotle any day of the week. Billy Barou nachos, if you please. Honestly their menu is awesome. Joey Bag of Donuts, The Other Lewinski, Sherman Klump... how can you get better names? And don't forget your salsa. My favorite would be Who is Kaiser Salsa.[/quote]

yea i actuallyhave moe's not too far from my job but not walking distance...
its decent but i dont know if its better then chipotle.

i usually just get the quesadilla but their burritos arent bad.

ill have to try the nachos

Admiral Snackbar

*snort*

teh funnay

I used to go to Citywalk but I'm so very bored of that now.

I've begun hunting small woodland mammals on my lunchbreak.

theres a lady here who earns cheap money cooking lunch for all the employees, making big good sized meals and today is tacos de bistek, beans a la charra, and rice w/ vegetables, huge plate for 2.50 :D.

Guile, you gots to eat.

[quote name='Mysticheat']Got to love lupper.[/quote]Lupper is awesome! I'm not a big fan of crowds and my younger bro has some social anxieties so when we go out to eat, we go Lupper Time.

Nothing like sitting in the streetcar at Old Spaghetti Warehouse at 3 in the afternoon and having the whole place to yourself. Which is nice, as we usually bring our DS or PSPs along and it'd be impolite to annoy other diners. DID YOU HEAR THAT LOUD CELLPHONE TALKERS??!?

[quote name='guyver2077']yea i actuallyhave moe's not too far from my job but not walking distance...
its decent but i dont know if its better then chipotle.[/quote]It's personal preference, no question. The Chipotles I've been to all had food servers who had major attitude and gave the impression that not only didn't they want to serve me, the simply didn't want to be there. I walk into any of my local Moes, and it's a completely different story.

ill have to try the nachos
Billy Barou, my friend! It's so yummy! It's also totally messy. So it's definately not first date menu faire.

But do me a favor... when you order, get up as close as you can to the guy fixing your food and make the face like your avatar. Why? Dunno, but the idea amuses me tremendously.

[quote name='tiredfornow']theres a lady here who earns cheap money cooking lunch for all the employees, making big good sized meals and today is tacos de bistek, beans a la charra, and rice w/ vegetables, huge plate for 2.50 :D.[/quote]That's very cool. I bet y'all love getting a nice home cooked meal for cheap, and she probably enjoys cooking for you all, and seeing everyone. And hey, extra money is extra money.

I'm fuckin' dreadful about making sure I eat lunch. I typically have a bowl of oatmeal, a banana, and 2-3 cups of coffee in the morning, and stop at Starbucks around 11 for another cup of coffee. I'll go home around 2-3 to work there, and end up going to the gym around 3-4. By the time I get home again, it's dinner time.

The problem is that my schedule works so well when I sit in Starbucks for an hour or two reading (can't read in my office, because there's CAG there), and I refuse to eat their food. Ever seen the nutrition information on their items? I *could* pack a lunch, I suppose, as my wife constantly reminds me.

I'll try to, once a week, stop downtown and pick up the set-price sushi lunch at the joint I go to.

[quote name='guinaevere']

It's personal preference, no question. The Chipotles I've been to all had food servers who had major attitude and gave the impression that not only didn't they want to serve me, the simply didn't want to be there. I walk into any of my local Moes, and it's a completely different story.

Billy Barou, my friend! It's so yummy! It's also totally messy. So it's definately not first date menu faire.

But do me a favor... when you order, get up as close as you can to the guy fixing your food and make the face like your avatar. Why? Dunno, but the idea amuses me tremendously.

.[/quote]

lol..im getting in the mood for moes now.... fuck.. lol

i hate messy foods though but i love nachos.. theres this place in this area called ale house... they make the best fucking chicken nachos.

also i tend to usually get free lunch on the company sometimes... they order from this kosher place so i tend to order chicken pita or falafel (sp?)..

im right in the middle of downtown so technically i do have alot of choises but usually just go to the same places

Brown bag lunch since we put a fridge in the back.

Otherwise it ends up being $7.50 to $8.00 for lunch. That's what you get when the mall charges a fortune in rent and all of the reasonable "combos" start at the $6 range. And while I'd love to jump in my car and head elsewhere it's just not worth the extra expenditure on gas.

Although, when a coupon rolls along, I take full advantage. Like when Legal Seafood was giving out special coupons for their "next-to-the-mall" location. $10 off for lunch means I pay $4 and tip for a fantastic meal? Yeah, I'll swing that. Beats paying $7 for McDonald's Ex-Lax special.

[quote name='guinaevere']Guile, you gots to eat.

Lupper is awesome! I'm not a big fan of crowds and my younger bro has some social anxieties so when we go out to eat, we go Lupper Time.

Nothing like sitting in the streetcar at Old Spaghetti Warehouse at 3 in the afternoon and having the whole place to yourself. Which is nice, as we usually bring our DS or PSPs along and it'd be impolite to annoy other diners. DID YOU HEAR THAT LOUD CELLPHONE TALKERS??!?

It's personal preference, no question. The Chipotles I've been to all had food servers who had major attitude and gave the impression that not only didn't they want to serve me, the simply didn't want to be there. I walk into any of my local Moes, and it's a completely different story.

That's very cool. I bet y'all love getting a nice home cooked meal for cheap, and she probably enjoys cooking for you all, and seeing everyone. And hey, extra money is extra money.[/QUOTE]

Wow....I havent been to Spaghetti Warehouse since I was like 9. Oh the memories. I used to go there each year for my birthday.
Oh and Moe's is fucking amazing. I went to the one in Boca with my cousins. mmmmmm

I'm usually too lazy to pack my own lunch, so I'll go to Panera or Deli Time (which is conveniently located downstairs in my building). If I have leftovers from dinner the night before, then I'll bring them to work.

I go out to lunch pretty much every day (except today, of course since I'm busy - man, I'm freaking starving). I try to spend $10 or less on lunch but once a week I usually treat myself to some sushi and it's tough to keep that under $25.

I eat where and when it's convinient. Sometimes that's at home, making a nice meal, and sometimes it's shit grabbed from 7/11 or fast food. All depends on how much time I have.

The restaurant opens at 11:30 till 3 for lunch, then it closes from 3 till 4:30, when we reopen for dinner service.

Part of the day crews responsibitly is to make "family meal" for the cooks and wait staff getinng off work and the cooks and wait staff coming into work. So every day between 3-3:30 the day crew makes up food for everyone to sit down and eat in the break room, there's a rail to keep food hot in so if you're starting late the food will be there when you show up, then the night time bussers clean the room up at about 5:30-6ish.

Some times it's leftovers from an event the night before, sometimes it's a giant pan of pasta with garlic bread, or even just chicken fingers and fries.

Bottom line, it's free and it's a way to sit down for 15-20 mins, talk about how the lunch service went and how the night is gonna go.

I eat at the Navy Hospital across the street and eat at their galley. I can get full 12 inch deli subs for $1.65. The food is better than normal cafeteria fare and doesn't costs that much. 90 cents for a tuna sandwich and 55 cents for fries. Every other Thursday that have a Turkey dinner meal that usually runs less than $3.

I'm too lazy in the morning to pack a lunch, so I tend to go home for whatever is quick and easy. I only live some 3 or 4 miles from the office, so hitting up fast food or the like isn't really anymore convenient.

Edit: Coincidental timely post above.

i usually eat out, it gets expensive though so i try to eat at home, i wish i was organized enough to pack a lunch though, thats the money saver

bread's done
Back