How Long Does It Take To Beat This Game Thread - Now a wikii!

I have this thread bookmarked and use it CONSTANTLY. I've always wanted to contribute but most games are already up there. Luckily for me I just beat superman returns (Xbox 360) and it isn't listed. I takes about five hours to beat. My final clock time was four hours and forty-eight minutes, but putting up five hours would be more useful.

Anyone know approximately how long to pass Final Fantasy XIII? Looking for the time for a fairly straight through play time without too much side stuff.

God of War 3 took me 9 hours and 45 minutes to beat on Titan mode, 10:15 or so when you include the Challenges of Olympus you unlock when you beat it.

Dante's Inferno for PS3 took me about 8:30 on normal, 9:15 when doing all the unlockable stuff like the Gates of Hell challenge.

Heavy Rain was about 8 or so hours on the hardest difficulty for one playthrough.. just an estimate, since the game doesn't record the time it seems.

To the guy above me, I'm at about 30 hours in FF 13 on Chapter 11, but I did some side missions... I think it would take anywhere between 30 - 35 to finish it, unless the game really starts dragging near the end.

I agree with the 8-hour estimate for Heavy Rain.

I recently beat Yakuza 1 for PS2. My final tally was 22 hours, 29 minutes. I'm big into side-quests, but I didn't do everything (didn't romance all the girls, every single side-quest, etc.).

Mass Effect 2 took approximately 43 hours to complete my first pass-through with an imported character. In the end, I had literally no open side-quests (though some probably existed that I didn't activate).

[quote name='animalspinners']
Dante's Inferno for PS3 took me about 8:30 on normal, 9:15 when doing all the unlockable stuff like the Gates of Hell challenge.

Heavy Rain was about 8 or so hours on the hardest difficulty for one playthrough.. just an estimate, since the game doesn't record the time it seems.
[/QUOTE]

I can confirm both of these. My HR play through took me 8 hours and 36 minutes on normal. Heavy Rain does give a playtime, I think it shows up if you hover over the save file. It took me about 5 more hours to go back in and get the platinum but mostly because I kept failing the Kamikaze trophy.

I passed Mass Effect 2 in about 35 hours. Eventually started getting bored with it so I didn't do all the side missions or even loyalty ones (missed 2 I believe).

[quote name='life.exe']:360: Fallout 3 - 48 Hours (1550/1550)[/QUOTE]

Wow. That is impressive. I spent way more time then that and haven't even touched the DLC yet.

[quote name='Teroxide']Guys, Halo 3: ODST does not take seven hours to complete. I did it in about four hours.[/QUOTE]

A lot of the times to just beat a game seem too high. MW2 only took me 4 hours on normal and I'm about to finish Mass Effect at 12 hours (and that's actually including about a dozen sidequests).

These are just estimates though, just to give you an idea.

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey:

Personally took 50 hours to beat the game, but I did about half the side quests and got about half the total demons. If you rushed through the game you could probably finish it in about 30 hours and I estimate it would take about 80 to 90 hours to complete everything in the game (get every demon, finish every sidequest and get all the "achievements")

[quote name='Vinny']A lot of the times to just beat a game seem too high. MW2 only took me 4 hours on normal and I'm about to finish Mass Effect at 12 hours (and that's actually including about a dozen sidequests).

These are just estimates though, just to give you an idea.[/QUOTE]

Not to hurt anybodys feeling but...

Some gamers are more casual and lack enough skill to beat side quest/missions quickly without rushing through it.

Or in other words... they lack the skillz to pay the billz.

(I'm no gaming god either, took me 8 hours+ probably to beat MW2 on Vet., never beat the first on Vet.)

If some times seem high and I get another time that is much lower, I will average the two or lower the original time, so the more people that contribute, the more accurate the times.

Took me 10.5 hours to beat God of War 3.

I just want to address something: Taking your time beating a game does not mean you suck (or "lack skillz" as someone said). I'm a damn good gamer, but I like to explore every nook and cranny when I play. I may not discover everything, but I'm very deliberate. It's how I choose to play. It doesn't make me worse of a gamer than someone who beats a game quicker.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Not to hurt anybodys feeling but...

Some gamers are more casual and lack enough skill to beat side quest/missions quickly without rushing through it.

Or in other words... they lack the skillz to pay the billz.

(I'm no gaming god either, took me 8 hours+ probably to beat MW2 on Vet., never beat the first on Vet.)[/QUOTE]

Well, I didn't mean it like that... I'm not talking about skills but some people take their time to beat the game even if they're not doing the extras. So it might be a bit longer for those who just want a straight forward time.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']If some times seem high and I get another time that is much lower, I will average the two or lower the original time, so the more people that contribute, the more accurate the times.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, that will provide more accurate times.

[quote name='nbballard']Platinum on Darksiders took me 24 hours (starting on the hardest difficulty). Probably a little bit longer than average, but not by much. (I did some grinding to level up my weapons about halfway though, instead of at the end of the game after they had naturally leveled up).[/QUOTE]

That's about what it took me. A lot of the extra time was spent grinding for the weapon level max achievement.

Castlevania: Order of Ecceslia - 10 hours to get the good ending, according to the game clock. Playing around with boss patterns and such probably added a few extra hours of gameplay total as well.

Infinite Space, first playthrough was ~58 hours in my saved game, probably 2 extra hours for losses, etc (was about 15 hours for Act 1, the rest for Act 2). Did every bar "side quest" I could find, recruited everyone I could in my playthrough, ended with over $1mil (grossly overestimated the cost of my end fleet, so could have shaved maybe a 1-2 hours off) and fleet of 1x Corsair and 4x Picaroons. Without grinding for my fleet, while reading everything, not doing the side quests, it'd probably be closer to 50 hours.

EX mode took about 9 hours, same fleet.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Took me 10.5 hours to beat God of War 3.

I just want to address something: Taking your time beating a game does not mean you suck (or "lack skillz" as someone said). I'm a damn good gamer, but I like to explore every nook and cranny when I play. I may not discover everything, but I'm very deliberate. It's how I choose to play. It doesn't make me worse of a gamer than someone who beats a game quicker.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly how I am. For most if not all of the games I've beat that are on this list, I finished it in about double the time. But I do like to enjoy the scenery, do side quests, take time to upgrade characters. I played with a friend of mine who was all about fast playing the hell out of Borderlands. I've known people that lower the difficulty of a game just so they can finish quicker. That's not me. I like to:

take my time. Relax and take it slowly. You're still young, that's your fault. There's so much you have to go through. Find a girl, settle down. If you want, you can marry...oh hell, look what you made me do.

/catstevensrant

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']Anyone know approximately how long to pass Final Fantasy XIII? Looking for the time for a fairly straight through play time without too much side stuff.[/QUOTE]

It took me 43.5 Hours to beat Final Fantasy XIII. (I didn't do much grinding and I only did a couple of missions. I did fix Vanille's robot, but that didn't take long. Maybe 20-30 mins.)

[quote name='mprice']I finished the single player portion of Splinter Cell Conviction in 6 hours on the normal difficulty.[/QUOTE]

Ouch, took that long to make and the game's that short, huh. Guess I'll wait to buy this one.

[quote name='elessar123']Infinite Space, first playthrough was ~58 hours in my saved game, probably 2 extra hours for losses, etc (was about 15 hours for Act 1, the rest for Act 2). Did every bar "side quest" I could find, recruited everyone I could in my playthrough, ended with over $1mil (grossly overestimated the cost of my end fleet, so could have shaved maybe a 1-2 hours off) and fleet of 1x Corsair and 4x Picaroons. Without grinding for my fleet, while reading everything, not doing the side quests, it'd probably be closer to 50 hours.

EX mode took about 9 hours, same fleet.[/QUOTE]

I can defiantly vouch the time for Infinite Space for DS. I did most side quests as well and my act one and act two hours are around 10+ hours since they gave you a big opening world at the beginning of the game. I kept getting lost, so I used a guide to figure out where I have to go for main story mode. I didn't need the guide for battles. It's easy enough already. My clock is slight less, but you have to account for me using a guide. I did grind for money to get 2 corsairs. I thought last boss was going to be really hard. But that was highly unnecessary, considering last boss use really stupid tactics.

[quote name='fatbeer']I can defiantly vouch the time for Infinite Space for DS. I did most side quests as well and my act one and act two hours are around 10+ hours since they gave you a big opening world at the beginning of the game. I kept getting lost, so I used a guide to figure out where I have to go for main story mode. I didn't need the guide for battles. It's easy enough already. My clock is slight less, but you have to account for me using a guide. I did grind for money to get 2 corsairs. I thought last boss was going to be really hard. But that was highly unnecessary, considering last boss use really stupid tactics.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I didn't use a guide for any of it, but I'm curious what your time was =P

[quote name='elessar123']Yea, I didn't use a guide for any of it, but I'm curious what your time was =P[/QUOTE]

My time was about 50 hours when I got my first Corsair. I got my first Corsair pretty easily since I saved a lot of money during the course of game. I only upgraded my ship when I was experiencing some difficulties with battles, which rarely occurs. I kept using one of the earlier ships with lots of hanger space for majority of the game. I did some grinding and moving my ship back and forth for docking gold to get second Corsair with upgrade modules for my entire fleet at 53 hours. Some of modules prices are crazy. The high tier parts cost more than ship.

White Knight Chronicles - ~10-15 hours for just the SP, depends how thorough you are, whether or not you skip any cutscenes, etc. Skipping all cutscenes and playing on the NG+ only took like 2 hours, so there's a huge variable here. HOWEVER, for online play, you can easily hit 500+ hours trying to "max out" - really depends on the group of people you play with, and which quests you do online. I'd say the average gamer who has beaten WKC has spent ~90 hours on it from start to finish, so you can represent that however you'd like.

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time... Took me 14 hours 47 min to complete in hardest difficulty. I didn't collect all the gold bolts or zoni though.

[quote name='KillerRamen']:ps2: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love - 24 hours (Gemini Sunrise Ending)[/QUOTE]

It's that short? Maybe I will play it then. I'm used to 50-100+ hour SRPGs (minus Tenchi on SNES and Rhapsody) =P

[quote name='elessar123']It's that short? Maybe I will play it then. I'm used to 50-100+ hour SRPGs (minus Tenchi on SNES and Rhapsody) =P[/QUOTE]

It's more of a Dating Sim than a SRPG, but I really liked it. (There are also 6 different endings)

I decided to check one of my Memory Cards for a few times... It's kind of weird how some have them listed, but most don't.

:psp: Half-Minute Hero- 9 Hours 45 Minutes
:psp: Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero?- 13 Hours
:psp: Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess- It took me about 15 minutes to finish the story mode, but it's a time trial game and the main focus is to get all the medals. [It's is a PSP Mini]
:psp: God of War: Chains of Olympus- 4 Hours
:psp: Hatsune Miku: Project Diva- 9 hours, 90% Achievement

I just beat Dante's Inferno for the 360 (normal/default difficulty) in just over 5 hours. A lot shorter than I thought it was gonna be.

Wii - No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle - 10

Nintendo 64:

Banjo Kazooie - 4/7
Banjo Tooie - 22

DS:

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - 25
Advance Wars: Dual Strike - 25
Age of Empires: The Age of Kings - 24/40

PSP:

Age of Zombies - 1.5

PS2:

Another Century's Episode 2 - 20/50
Crash of the Titans - 10

PS1:

Bloody Roar 2 - 4
Crash Bandicoot - 6/14
Crash Bandicoot 2 - 7/16
Crash Bandicoot 3 - 7/19
Crash Bash - 6

PC

Armed and Dangerous - 15
Crysis: Warhead - 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Tales of Destiny 2 (not Eternia) Japanese PS2 - 35 hours. Thats basically doing everything minus the bonus dungeon and arena

:ps3: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - 6 hours to beat the story, and about 8 to wrap up all the trophies and get the platinum.

Good thing it was a rental.

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes took me 24 hours, but I think it's close to 100%. Did all bounties, quests, and got all characters but the last one to level 10 (level 9 on that, and you start at 7 or so).

Didn't use a guide for any of it, other than what to equip for the last boss (they all looked like bad choices to me). Since the game isn't timed either, the actual range for completing it is probably pretty large.

Red Dead Redemption - 29 hours 55 minutes and 30 sec according to game clock. I did 16 stranger missions and got 62% of the trophies.

Game clock says 1 day but I just put 24 and added.

bread's done
Back