How Many CAGs Own Firearms/Guns?

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yep. But that's kind of moot today now that the governments have tanks, airplanes, missles, nukes etc. Made sense back when all anyone (including the military) had was rifles and cannons. Now that rationale is outdated since there's no way we want citizens armed with tanks, fighter jets, missiles etc. :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, so why even try right? Lets just lay down and give up. Give me liberty or give me death? PAH! Stupid founding fathers. What were they thinking?

"I'm not anti-gun! My family hunted! Now I'm going to say a bunch of anti-gun stuff, but remember, NOT anti-gun!"

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Best $700 I've ever spent. Ammo can be a pain to come by though.[/QUOTE]

Something tells me I'm going to try and get a russian capture Mauser before the M1, mainly because of that cost :)
I think i've steered more towards pistol shooting since indoor ranges are pretty close to where live, but to shoot rifles I need to travel pretty far inland. In fact I still haven't taken my AR-15 to an outdoor range yet.

I have a license to conceal and carry but never purchased anything. One day i guess i will...Honestly, i feel pretty safe where i am now. I lived in NYC most of my life and Charlotte is disney land compared to Brooklyn.

I have a swiss k-31 bolt action, one of the newer hi-point 9mm carbines and a Marlin .22lr.

I spent less than 500 bucks for all three.

I have been meaning to get a pistol permit but its a long process in NY.

I've got quite a few firearms...though I'd rather not get into specifics. Suffice to say my father did special effects, pyrotechnics, firearms and props for film and TV for 40+ years. As someone else said, I have many guns but not enough.

As for the gun control argument, well that genie (the right for the populace to bear arms) was let out of the bottle 220 years ago here in the States and is one of our core and most critical rights. Here's a refresher.

[quote name='Msut77']I have a swiss k-31 bolt action, one of the newer hi-point 9mm carbines and a Marlin .22lr.

I spent less than 500 bucks for all three.

I have been meaning to get a pistol permit but its a long process in NY.[/QUOTE]

Expensive too. It'll cost you more than your Hi-point to get one. Though, that may vary by county, I'm not sure.

[quote name='soliddragon']I make Pew Pews with my compact .40, its just a Taurus PT140 tho[/QUOTE]

PT111 MilPro here.
People give them shit, but mine has worked perfectly fine and it's a preowned.

Long story short, wanted an affordable handgun for range/paper, Bersa or Taurus- nothing fancy, no tack driver.
Explain this at first store, they carry Bersa but bad mouths it non stop, refuses to listen to me, pushes more expensive guns.
Leave and find PT111 at next shop, in and out, easy peasy.

Joke picture.
My PT111 and the future business the first shop lost.
Who needs Geico, look at the money I saved by switching gunshops!
joke.jpg

*money was given to new gunstore shortly after :cry:

picked up my latest firearm today
Might need to slow down now

176917_10150102203379142_533879141_6490866_7257550_o.jpg

So within half a year since I bought my first firearm I've accumulated:
Remington 870 Express Tactical
Springfield XD-9
Sig P220 ST
Springfield 1911 MC Operator,
ZEDU AR-15,
Ruger Mark III Hunter
Springfield XDm-9 Bitone
Sig P226 HSP DAK

That's probably $7000+ not counting ammo and accessories D:
I miss the days when all I had to do was buy Video Games or even paintball.

That's the way I was when I first started. Then it occurred to me that I'd be better off just owning a smaller number of high quality items and then training with those so I get really good at using them. Having a large number of guns doesn't amount to much if you're mediocre with them.

Not a fan of guns, really. At least not in the "protection" sense. They are certainly "cool" though, and if I had a shit-ton of money, I would have an armory in my house/castle with tons of awesome weaponry.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']That's the way I was when I first started. Then it occurred to me that I'd be better off just owning a smaller number of high quality items and then training with those so I get really good at using them. Having a large number of guns doesn't amount to much if you're mediocre with them.[/QUOTE]

I'm probably going to focus on my XDm for pistol shooting. Rifle and shotgun shooting are a whole nother beast. I think one thing i'm going to avoid is trying to spread out to too many calibers. Right now I'm only stocking 40 S&W, .45, .223, 12Gauge, 9mm, and .22

So I bought my Smith & Wesson M&P .40 and it's awesome!

I hate that guns are such an expensive hobby... They're fun to shoot, look at, take apart, etc. They make video gaming seem cheap though. They retain monetary value better than games too.

I've already decided next purchase will be a shotgun of some sort, after that, maybe a 1911.

[quote name='Fortune_P_Dawg']So I bought my Smith & Wesson M&P .40 and it's awesome!

I hate that guns are such an expensive hobby... They're fun to shoot, look at, take apart, etc. They make video gaming seem cheap though. They retain monetary value better than games too.

I've already decided next purchase will be a shotgun of some sort, after that, maybe a 1911.[/QUOTE]

Nice and that is very true guns are an expensive hobby.

Shotgun you say...

How about this bad boy?

supernova.gif

The Benelli SuperNova pump-action shotgun features a stock and receiver housing made of reinforced technopolymer with a highly streamlined shape. In addition the SuperNova is available with a ComforTech® stock, effectively reducing felt recoil. An optional pistol grip stock, improves weapon control, and an optional telescopic stock, reduces the overall dimensions of the gun. The locking system guarantees safe operation of the Benelli rotary bolt.

The 89 mm chamber and sturdy structure of the gun allow the use of all 12-gauge cartridges, from the lightest to the most powerful 3 ½" loads. The recoil pad is exclusively designed to reduce recoil to a minimum. The extended magazine increases firepower and the ergonomically-designed for end cycles smoothly to allow high-speed reloading. Thanks to the Mag Stop system, an exclusive Benelli patent, it is possible to extract the chambered shell without disturbing the ammunition in the magazine. This is a fundamental peculiarity using the shotgun during high risk operations. The shotgun works perfectly in all climatic conditions, ranging from very cold to hot and humid.

Or if you're looking for a semi auto....

m2_tactical.gif

The Benelli M2 Tactical is a powerful, high-tech and versatile semiautomatic shotgun. It comes with matte black synthetic stocks, that can be custom fitted with adjustable drop, to meet the demands of a wide range of tactical conditions. In addition the M2 is available with a Comfortech® stock that effectively improves shooting performance, providing a faster second shot target acquisition than any other comparable shotgun. The pistol grip provides superior muzzle control and rock steady weapon retention, no matter what the circumstances. The bolt handle and the bolt release button are larger; ghost ring sights and a Picatinny rail are optional equipment, making it possible to fit all types of targeting devices from telescopic sights to red dot sights, night vision and thermal imagers. The M2 Tactical stands out for its reliability, firing precision and the capacity of its magazine, which can hold up to 8/9 cartridges plus one in the chamber.

that's the kicker with the firearms themselves, they retain better value than both cars and games typically.
However the ammo is what gets really expensive in my opinion. And Black Rifle stuff as well............

Why stop at the Benelli M2? go for the M4 ;)
When I got my remington 870 I was actually considering the Benelli Nova, but ultimately went with the tried and true design.

Next shotgun I get will either be for skeet or the keltec KSG
Next pistol will probably be a glock 17 Gen 4 (which is off the CA roster)

I hate the 2nd Amendment. It's outdated and counter productive. The only reason why I would own one is so I could protect myself. I wish I didn't have that need.

What caliber is your M1 in temp? Ammo shouldnt be hard to come across, but then again I live in Nevada, gun laws and supplies aren't to strict here.

I think if I had the money I'd have a gun buying problem. But for now I work in a hardware/sporting goods store where I get to fondle guns all day long. Thats all that holds me over from buying them.

I need to take a picture of my M249 so you guys can see a real gun. (that jams constantly because it's so old and worn out)

[quote name='Rodimus']I hate the 2nd Amendment. It's outdated and counter productive. The only reason why I would own one is so I could protect myself. I wish I didn't have that need.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't sound like it's so outdated/counter-productive if you feel the need or desire to own one. Just sayin'...

Ive got a few pistols and several rifles. The coolest is my S&W M&P15 (AR-15) with all of my accessories on it. Wish I had a pic to post from work.

[quote name='Vader582']Doesn't sound like it's so outdated/counter-productive if you feel the need or desire to own one. Just sayin'...[/QUOTE]

Desire... no way. Only reason why I would need one is to protect myself from the punks who do. I know getting rid of guns is an impossible request.

Beretta 3090 12g semi auto shotgun.
Beretta 92FS 9mm
Beretta Neos .22
Springfield XD Tactical LE .45
Kimber Aegis Custom 1911 .9mm
Ruger Blackhawk Convertable S/A Revolver .357 mag/9mm/38 specail

I personally don't own a gun, which is probably for the best. My dad owns a couple of I think shotguns for hunting though.

[quote name='DurbanBrown']Ive got a few pistols and several rifles. The coolest is my S&W M&P15 (AR-15) with all of my accessories on it. Wish I had a pic to post from work.[/QUOTE]

My best friend has that exact same rifle. It's awesome to say the least, and a blast to shoot.

Just spent $2645 on a fire-lined safe from sturdysafe

184314_10150110235144142_533879141_6570868_3006534_n.jpg

It got to the point when my firearms started nearing the 10k mark that it was probably worth it to have them secured.
Sucker is modest in size, but 7 gauge steel and 1000 lbs D:!

[quote name='lordopus99']It is not. I was a victim of armed robbery on the street. If we had stricker laws, crime like that would reduce dramatically. There is no need for the people to really have guns outside of hunting purposes. Just my personal feeling which aligns with alot of people. The 2nd Amendment is constantly fought over. Again, not trying to be a "troll"[/QUOTE]

The greatest fallacy I regularly encounter.

Do you really think a centuries old technology is going to disappear just because a politician doesn't like you having your own? Anyone who paid attention in chemistry and shop classes in high school can assemble a firearms and ammo production facility in a basement for remarkably little money. The tech is simply not going away.

Here is a hint: criminals don't care about laws. They're criminals. Ergo, anti-gun possession laws are not very compelling to criminals.

[quote name='epobirs']The greatest fallacy I regularly encounter.

Do you really think a centuries old technology is going to disappear just because a politician doesn't like you having your own? Anyone who paid attention in chemistry and shop classes in high school can assemble a firearms and ammo production facility in a basement for remarkably little money. The tech is simply not going away.

Here is a hint: criminals don't care about laws. They're criminals. Ergo, anti-gun possession laws are not very compelling to criminals.[/QUOTE]

You can significantly lower the frequency of events by making firearms harder to exist. Of course that is a perfect world scenario meaning you can get rid of all existing guns, stop new production, and prevent illegal firearms from entering.

The real anti-gun argument is primarily is that we don't need firearms and by selling firearms legally you are inadvertently increasing the supply to criminals through illegal means. Both sides seem to go to the extremes in either direction, when the truth is closer to the middle.

[quote name='mr ryles']What caliber is your M1 in temp? Ammo shouldnt be hard to come across, but then again I live in Nevada, gun laws and supplies aren't to strict here.[/QUOTE]

30-06. Ammo is hard to come across for it only because it can't shoot the newer commercial stuff. I have to special order it. That's fine with me though. The less I shoot my Garand, the better. It's too valuable.

[quote name='Zoglog']Just spent $2645 on a fire-lined safe from sturdysafe

It got to the point when my firearms started nearing the 10k mark that it was probably worth it to have them secured.
Sucker is modest in size, but 7 gauge steel and 1000 lbs D:![/QUOTE]

Very nice safe! Did you lag bolt it into the floor? For most thieves it's easier to cart off heavy items than it is to break through simple locks. 3 guys broke into a local coin shop and made off with a 2000lb+ safe a couple months ago here, the owner figured a bit wrong on it being to heavy to steal.:lol:

[quote name='zionoverfire']Very nice safe! Did you lag bolt it into the floor? For most thieves it's easier to cart off heavy items than it is to break through simple locks. 3 guys broke into a local coin shop and made off with a 2000lb+ safe a couple months ago here, the owner figured a bit wrong on it being to heavy to steal.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I def had it bolted down. Even heavy safes can be easily moved once you tilt them and put them on rollers.

Now time for more firearms............
getting an EOtech magnifier for my AR next month.... damn expensive... Optic + magnifier costs as much as my 1911 haha

recently built myself a pof .308
still waiting for my scope. It ended up being significantly more expensive than my AR, and even more so when I buy the Vortex scope =/ It's been backordered for months.

215194_10150263065279142_533879141_7777409_928300_n.jpg

215109_10150263079649142_533879141_7777586_7647410_n.jpg

And of course I couldn't resist picking up one of those p226 german's with the old school folded carbon steel slides :)

313775_10150335754514142_533879141_8306125_171681799_n.jpg

I don't need one, but I have nothing against them.

My dad used to have some as he was military, and my brother-in-law has a shotgun. The only weapon I have is a dagger that I keep under my bed. I wouldn't mind getting into collecting those.

Zog, nice POF. I'd like to get a .308 one of these days. The ammo is a bit pricey, but I reload so it shouldn't be too bad.

I just ordered one of these. Can't wait to get it.

IMG_0076_edited.jpg

I own a few pistols...I'm not really into rifles, but I would like to get a Mossberg 590 somewhere in the future. Here's what I have:
Springfield XD-9sc
Beretta Neos U22
Sig Sauer P238
IMG_0006.jpg

ejvuj5.jpg

100_0748.jpg

I would also like a revolver some time soon...a .357 magnum, I'll probably get a Ruger.

Yeah, I have a Remington 870 20 gauge for self defense. My family has had quite a bit of problems with break ins and people stealing chickens when my family was a contractor to Zacky Farms. I should also mention that I was a victim of a violent home invasion when I was 13, which is one of the reasons I have one in the first place, while at the same time realizing that the odds of me successfully needing and using it are rareish.

All I have is a Ruger 10/22. I'm hoping to get a few nice pieces from my Grandfather soon though. He has quite the collection.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Zog, nice POF. I'd like to get a .308 one of these days. The ammo is a bit pricey, but I reload so it shouldn't be too bad.

I just ordered one of these. Can't wait to get it.

[/QUOTE]

I would agree that 308 is pricey, but I'm slacking on taking this rifle to the range, haven't even fired it yet and built it months ago. My excuse is that my Viper PST FFP scope is backordred, but I know I should at least take it out for function testing.

I have a feeling I'm not going to like long distance shooting anyway and will end up selling it possibly, or reconfiguring it as a carbine.

Thankfully there's lots of games to play instead of go shoot, should be good for the wallet :D

bread's done
Back