How many DSes is CAG responsible for? *Update* 159 Lites, 135 Phats, 294 total

Blind the Thief

CAGiversary!
So, I got to thinking...

Tons of us on CAG have bought DS. Plenty of us rebought DS Lite, whether imported beofrehand or waiting for the US release, and others made the jump the first time when it was released. Many of us have gotten some for our parents, some for our girlfriends/ wives, and some just too many in general (I'm looking at you, Daroga).

What I want to know is: just how many DSes are we responsible for? I'd like everyone to post in here and say how many you're responsible for here (by "responsible" I mean you bought for yourself, bought for someone else, or you personally convinced someone else to buy...if a friend was going to buy it either way, that probably doesn't count).

I'll periodically update this post with a running total...it should be interesting to see just how much money we, collectively, have thrown at Nintendo for this thing.

I'll start things off: A DS Phat and DS Lite for me, convinced my little brother to buy a Lite, convinced two other friends of mine to buy a DS each, and I'll throw in two more Phats and two more Lites for two friends that lurk here but barely post. That's 9 for me.

As of right now, there are 294 DSes accounted for: 159 Lites and 135 Phats.

i bought a ds fat for me, for and for my gf. hers mic broke so she got a replacement. i bought the white ds lite when it came out. and then when the black came out we both got a black one. so between me and my gf we have gone through 6.

I bought a DS Lite around a month or two..and I love it!I bought it to try out the games and I have 5 of them!I used to think the PSP was better but now I think the DS is better for the games it has....I haven't played my PSP for a while except to beat MGS PO (again for the 8th time)

- DS for me
- DS for my wife
- DS Lite for my mom
- I contributed (in influence) to my sister-in-law getting a DS Lite, though I wouldn't say I was the primary contributor.
- After seeing my mom's DS Lite, my mom's friend (who never plays videogames) bought one, so I indirectly contributed to that purchase.

3 ds lites (1 for me, and 1 for my mother and law and her sister)
2 ds phat (1 for me, 1 for my father)

Well you CAG'ers can all giveyourselves a big ol' +1 for me, cause I bought DSL based on all the hype here last June!

The other DSL's I could've bought, one for my mom, one for my dad, one for my wife, instead I've spent on games for my DSL. I'm a cheap bastard that way. But I'll eventually get my mom one, most likely for mother's day.

1 ds phat for me
1 ds phat for my brother based on my recommendation
1 ds lite for cousin based on my brother and i's play
1 ds lite for me as an upgrade.

Total of 4

I own one electric blue DS and my brother owns one white DSLite at first he didn't like the DS, but I got a few games and let him play it after that he stoped saying how dumb the two screens are and bought himself a DSLite I felt good after showing him how fun the DS can be.

I also plan to buy a DSLite later on, but my DS is working great so far so no need for replacement yet.

I like how, if you suspend your thoughts for a moment, this list could read off like an inventory of what kind of chicks you've banged.

3 fat DS's (Original, Blue, and Mario Kart Red Edition)
1 White DS Lite

All for me.

I plan on getting a couple more DS Lites when some cool colors come out, if they do. I like to have multiples of systems in different versions. (yeah I collect)

1 phat for me at lauch which I gave to my mother.
1 Lite at its launch which was why I gave my mother my phat.
2 phats for each of my brothers.
2 Lites that my friends decided to get after trying out mine.
1 phat that another friend bought at launch after playing the mini-games on M64DS. That was a weird incident, a bunch of us were eating lunch at Pizza Hut, Fred tried my DS left and came back twenty minutes later with his own.

That would make 5 that I'm directly responsible for, since I can't really count my brothers'

Damn...if buying to sell them on ebay counts...about 30 DSLs just this last christmas season. But, if just for my personal use:

3 phats (1 reg, 1 red, 1 blue)
4 lites (1 white, 1 black, 1 blue from japan, and 1 pink for my sister)

Out of all those though, I only have three left (Phat red (my favorite), Lite White, and Lite Blue)

1 ds phat blue - sold due to dead pixels and nintendo not wanting to fix
1 ds phat w/ mario kart - sold to hastings to a lite
1 ds lite polar white - sold for 120 day the onyx launched
1 ds lite onyx - what I play now.

[quote name='Strell']I like how, if you suspend your thoughts for a moment, this list could read off like an inventory of what kind of chicks you've banged.[/quote]

Disturbingly true

[quote name='gaelan']
1 phat daughter

...now i play my daughter's phat[/quote]

I'm new to the DS train. Just 1 white DS Lite for myself. I was also responsible for my sister getting a DS phat for Christmas, but didn't buy it myself.

1 White DS lite for me
1 Pink DS lite for the wife

My wife got two people at her work to buy a DS lite each. Along with Animal Crossing:WW.

Well, do you want to count ones we bought and then sold to get a DS Lite, for example, or just the ones obtained by/for our immediate family/friends?

I mean, I've bought 5, total, but I sold one silver DS phat to get a Teal one. Then I sold that to get a Black DS Lite. And for the kids I bought them a Teal one, but then sold that (when they were fetching a premium) and just got a regular dark blue phat.

So we currently only own two, and have only ever had 2 in the house at one time. I'm not sure if ones bought by others on ebay should be counted as me being responsible for. So I would say just 2, though it would be 5 if you counted all the ones we've played at one time or another. Surprisingly, I haven't convinced anyone else to get one, except possibly one of my daugher's friends who got one after she saw my daughter playing Animal Crossing and Nintendogs. So maybe you can count 1 "influence" point there ;).

We are responsible for 2 other families owning Wii's though. The parents of a kid in my son's first grade class were all set to sell one before Christmas when they came over and played ours. They decided to give it to their son for Christmas instead. Now we get bombarded with random Mii characters that their kids make daily :roll:. And my wife's brother got one from his wife as a present a few weeks back (she tracked it down herself - I was quite impressed as she isn't the gaming type at all).

-------------------

Edit:

OK, just to make it clear then, 5 DS's have passed through my hands (4 phat, 1 lite) + 1 lite referral.

So:

[highlight]4 phat
2 lite[/highlight]

[quote name='spiwak']I'm new to the DS train. Just 1 white DS Lite for myself. I was also responsible for my sister getting a DS phat for Christmas, but didn't buy it myself.[/QUOTE]

Nah, you don't need to buy it yourself, the power of persuasion is enough. :)

[quote name='briansraregames']Damn...if buying to sell them on ebay counts...about 30 DSLs just this last christmas season.[/QUOTE]

Nah, let's just count the ones bought for personal use / you convinced someone else to buy for personal use.

[quote name='io']Well, do you want to count ones we bought and then sold to get a DS Lite, for example, or just the ones obtained by/for our immediate family/friends? [/QUOTE]

Nah, I don't think it should matter if you sold 'em or not. I thought of this thread more from a "how much money on this thing has CAG thrown to Nintendo?" standpoint, not a "how many DSes does CAG currently own?" standpoint. That would be interesting, too.

I've updated the main post, but is there anyway for me to continually update the thread title with the current numbers as well? I can't seem to figure it out.

As of this post, there are 116 DSes accounted for: 59 Lites and 57 Phats. C'mon CAG, let's make Reggie proud!

[quote name='Blind the Thief']

Nah, I don't think it should matter if you sold 'em or not. I thought of this thread more from a "how much money on this thing has CAG thrown to Nintendo?" standpoint, not a "how many DSes does CAG currently own?" standpoint. That would be interesting, too.

I've updated the main post, but is there anyway for me to continually update the thread title with the current numbers as well? I can't seem to figure it out.
[/QUOTE]

I updated my post to reflect the new "rules". Since I played the DS's before selling them they count. So 4 phat, 2 lite.

And I think you can change the thread title by editing the OP and changing what is normally just the message titles - if it is the OP this becomes the thread title too. Or at least I think I did that once ;). I'll admit, though, that it wasn't obvious and it took a while for me to figure it out.

CAG doesn't sell DS', the DS sells itself :)

I bought a late 2005 and traded it in and bought a DS Lite the day it came out!

bread's done
Back