how many of us here have jobs????

I assume most of us do. I don't see how else we'd afford games, even cheap ones.

I'm a data entry clerk for a local financial institution. It's not too terrible.

[quote name='red flare graf']I assume most of us do. I don't see how else we'd afford games, even cheap ones.

I'm a data entry clerk for a local financial institution. It's not too terrible.[/QUOTE]

Well, there are quite a few kids here who obviously are spoiled just by looking at their collections...

[quote name='jaykrue']Real estate Investor/Developer
CEO of my own company[/QUOTE]

You forgot "Resident CAG Professor Of Pimpology". :D

Me, I'm an Manager of IT Services for a company.

I just left my job a week ago after being there for 3 years. I'm studying abroad for a month and them am graduating and will (probably) be working in customer service. *sigh*

[quote name='shrike4242']You forgot "Resident CAG Professor Of Pimpology". :D

Me, I'm an Manager of IT Services for a company.[/QUOTE]

Heh. Nah, it's not a job - it's a way of life. ;)

Yep, IT computer boy....expected to know something about everything, get paid like I know nothing.
I really want a career change.

[quote name='shrike4242']All depends on how much you work on it. :D[/QUOTE]

Not much to it. It's all about being friendly and approachable. Both IRL and the IntarWebby.:lol:

For the next two months, research assistant for Prof. Ulrich Kremer and part time cashier at Sam's Club. Starting August 1, business software engineer, Alliance Capital. Woo!

[quote name='howlinmad']Yep, IT computer boy....expected to know something about everything, get paid like I know nothing.
I really want a career change.[/QUOTE]

You hit it right on the head. IT's expected to be able to fix any/all things that plug into an outlet, along with moving heavy things and working overtime. I can't believe how those "business schools" were hyping it up a few years ago like it was the best job ever.

Added: And know how to do accounting for when the accounting dept. can't figure out why they're short so it must be a software problem.

[quote name='bradr']You hit it right on the head. IT's expected to be able to fix any/all things that plug into an outlet, along with moving heavy things and working overtime. I can't believe how those "business schools" were hyping it up a few years ago like it was the best job ever.[/QUOTE]

"Oi! IT guy! I thinked my computer is hacked. See, when I try to open my floppy disc by clicking on the ROM drive, Internet Explorer opens up. You should check it out, I think someone is stealing our megahurtz. Oh, and get me a coffee while you're up."

I work as a bioinformatics software engineer (combination of computer science and molecular biology). I develop software to study the human genome and stuff. Help researchers find genetic causes of diseases and such. It's pretty interesting stuff and at it pays very well.

I just got my first job. Pool attendant. Rediculousy easy job. Went today for like two hours to learn, start tomorrow. I'll finally have the cash to buy more.

[quote name='onetrackmind']i didnt know you were a GD, thats awesome![/QUOTE]

Hehe, if it helps, that was one of my former professions before gettin' into big business. ;)

[quote name='onetrackmind']i didnt know you were a GD, thats awesome![/QUOTE]

I had no idea there were so many of us here. We should be trading Photoshop tips or something. :lol:

[quote name='jaykrue']Hehe, if it helps, that was one of my former professions before gettin' into big business. ;)[/QUOTE]

Imagine how much more successful your company would be if it's CEO spent as much time actually working as you spend on these boards. :D

[quote name='MrBadExample']I had no idea there were so many of us here. We should be trading Photoshop tips or something. :lol:[/QUOTE]

haha its like we are multiplying! Yeah we definetly should... so what tips do you got for me??

better question: how many people here actually like (or at least don't hate) their jobs. I'm working at my local grocery store, and hatin every minute of it, but I need the money, and no places around me are hiring

[quote name='jaykrue']Hehe, if it helps, that was one of my former professions before gettin' into big business. ;)[/QUOTE]

well there goes my chances of eventually getting hired by you to do design work ;)

Is anyone an intern? Currently I'm doing a marketing internship, kinda sucks because I don't really get much of anything, but it's only for a few more weeks and it's good career experience I suppose.

[quote name='onetrackmind']haha its like we are multiplying! Yeah we definetly should... so what tips do you got for me??[/QUOTE]

Always, Always, ALWAYS save the original image. :)

I'm just reading the new Photoshop User magazine and it's got some good ideas in it.

I'm a distribution clerk for the US Postal Service. I used to work the window, not anymore. Now I'm in the back in the early AM breaking down mail to be delivered that day. Pay and benefits are excellent for a non-college degree job but I want a job with more regular hours. Next month I'll be done with my Economics degree to go alongside the Management degree I already have. Hopefully I can find something else.

bread's done
Back