how much are these games worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieBelfour

CAGiversary!
figured this would be a good place to go. I've been sitting on some things for years now and was just wondering what the worth of them might be.

Shenmue- DC sealed- saw for 80 on ebay
RE2 GC- Sealed- 30?
Beyond Good and Evil Gc- Sealed- i see it go for 25-30 open on ebay
RE4 GSCE- opened, mint. -30?
RE Code Veronica GC mint- 30?

any info would be stellar. im looking to ebay them since i havent had much luck playing poker this month. gotta get those bills paid. thanks in advance.

Half of all those numbers you just used, plus a radish.

Ebay just told you, bud.

No offence. But half your problem is that your using bill money to play poker in the first place. If you need the money that desperately, go donate some plasma.

i dont know if youve ever played poker, but you are suppposed to have about six months of bills saved up. how much do you clear in a month playing? thought so. dont worry about my income, im mot tryin to dip into the 6 months of bills i have already, not trying to start from scratch.

i see that the pretentious maggots still like to flame and post here. if you cant answer like a human being, get your tired ass out of the thread.

ask me what i made in februry. i have expensive tastes.

I'll give you 2 bags of Sweet Young Nuts for all of those games. ^__^;
BTW, how much you made on Feb. ? 100 bones, 50 cents ?

[quote name='EddieBelfour']
ask me what i made in februry. i have expensive tastes.[/quote]

Eddie Belfour has expensive tastes as well.... namely, alcohol. sorry, that was just too juicy not to say.:bouncy:

[quote name='npe34']Eddie Belfour has expensive tastes as well.... namely, alcohol. sorry, that was just too juicy not to say.:bouncy:[/quote]

respect, fellow belfour knower. of course, i only drink hoppy brews. no bud bs for me.

i cleared well over 7k in feb. jan, mar, april may- 2k each. last year. unreal. i havent had a job in three years. dont want to dip into the savings. cant do it yet. i havent had a losing month in two years.

as i said before, please, if you havve nothing consructive to offer, other than belfour references, dont bring the noise in here.

if anyone is interested in these games, pm me.

Yeah the people on here seem to be leaning to the same mentality as the people on Gamefaqs, just plain A holes...

If anything you saw what they go for on ebay so why don't you put them up for auction and see how they do. If not sell them on craigslist and put a price total for everything you feel it is worth..

Sorry if thats not to much help

[quote name='EddieBelfour']figured this would be a good place to go. I've been sitting on some things for years now and was just wondering what the worth of them might be.

RE2 GC- Sealed- 30?
RE Code Veronica GC mint- 30?

any info would be stellar. im looking to ebay them since i havent had much luck playing poker this month. gotta get those bills paid. thanks in advance.[/quote]

Shenmue- DC sealed for $80 is bit high. I might give $40 for it If I seen one.
;)

The Shenmue at $80 was most likely an aberration. Unless you are lucky to have two or more people in a bidding war, I don't think the game will fetch that high. Complete copies go for barely $15. You'll probably get close to $30 for the other games.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Yeah the people on here seem to be leaning to the same mentality as the people on Gamefaqs, just plain A holes...

If anything you saw what they go for on ebay so why don't you put them up for auction and see how they do. If not sell them on craigslist and put a price total for everything you feel it is worth..

Sorry if thats not to much help[/quote]

i feel you man, i acutally havent ever ebayed anything. i let my mother do it for me if it needs to be done. i put them on craigslist earlier. im going to wait until monday to ebay them. but you were probably the most help. thanks man.

Didn't mean to be a dick, but posting ebay prices in a thread asking for values is like asking how to spell the word dictionary.

Look. If you want to show everyone how you have so much money but yet need to get rid of some rare games to pay bills, that's you. If you want to come up and make a thread asking a question while answering in the OP, prepare for a little ribbing. Obviously, you're not as well off as you want to be, so you're selling some games. Don't get all high and mighty when some people feel like jazzing you. This isn't constructive but neither is asking a question and then answering it before we get a chance. That's why you haven't gotten any answers for your liking. Oh and please don't pretend like you're some high and mighty poker stud when you're sitting here wondering if you should "mortgage the farm" i.e. get rid of rare games that you will never see again for reasonable prices.

Because I'm just that nice, I sold a RE4CE for around $60 a few weeks back.

[quote name='depascal22']Look. If you want to show everyone how you have so much money but yet need to get rid of some rare games to pay bills, that's you. If you want to come up and make a thread asking a question while answering in the OP, prepare for a little ribbing. Obviously, you're not as well off as you want to be, so you're selling some games. Don't get all high and mighty when some people feel like jazzing you. This isn't constructive but neither is asking a question and then answering it before we get a chance. That's why you haven't gotten any answers for your liking. Oh and please don't pretend like you're some high and mighty poker stud when you're sitting here wondering if you should "mortgage the farm" i.e. get rid of rare games that you will never see again for reasonable prices.[/quote]

I totally agree with you bro.

[quote name='EddieBelfour'] i acutally havent ever ebayed anything. i let my mother do it for me if it needs to be done. [/quote]
Whats gets me is, you say haven't worked in 3 years and you make all this money. And you still live with your mother? You pay her bills? lol, dude, Move Out! And get a job!!

Sounds like too me your BS us what all you said. I hope you sell your games, so you can pay bills. Like i said.

Get a JOB!
Move out of your mothers HOUSE!! :applause:;)

two bucks says you have never seen a vag in your life. i dont live with my moms, stupid. im merely asking a "knowledgable" crowd what the deal is. i dont need 18 year olds telling me how it is. kthx? biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii?

anyone who has helped, head nod. those who haven't, get the dills.

I don't see why fools respond to these threads if they don't have any worthwhile information to provide. Oh wow, you're so cool, you can insult someone anonymously over a game forum.

Because they can, Rozz? Seriously though, it's the same as if you say something that a certain group doesn't agree with, if you keep feeding them fuel for the flame war, they'll keep responding.

And OP, try posting them on CL(I think you said you did already) AND put them up on Ebay at the same time. See what the auctions get up to(but put a reserve on them that's at least NEAR what you wanna get) and if it's actually close to what you want, then sell them.

If the auctions don't work out and don't get you enough, then you still have the CL ad to fall back on and will have only spent a smaller amount for Ebay listing fees and will know what they will go for later on.

word, fam. i put them on craigslist already, to no response. like i said, on monday ill put them up on ebay and see what happens throughout the week. june aint even over yet.

i just know from XBL that some heads i met through here are the coolest cats on the planet, unfortuante that some 20 year olds still act like they do.

ill do the best i can with these and see what happens, thanks to the knowlegeable crowd for coming through and like i said those who hate....

and also, though i need no reason to explain myself WHAT IF...what if, i was a trying to marry a girl who was worth it and still did live there to save my scratch? you wouldnt know anything about that, haters, would you.

if you want to buy these, offer me a price, im a good d00d. i think my rating is 100 percent though i only traded one thing. if you want it, give me a price, ill hook you up if youre good people.

im just sorry america has gotten to the point it has. i make good money playing poker and going to school. i am going to be a teacher soon and am going to make a difference. thats no biz of yours but ill let it slide.

NOTICE: i dont leave question marks at the ends of questions because they are statements. kthx.

o and peace to rozz and iatcag for being alright in my book, thanks for the backup.

too bad we dont have an army a million strong we coudl mke some changes.

[quote name='EddieBelfour']two bucks says you have never seen a vag in your life. i dont live with my moms, stupid. im merely asking a "knowledgable" crowd what the deal is. i dont need 18 year olds telling me how it is. kthx? biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii?

anyone who has helped, head nod. those who haven't, get the dills.[/quote]

Lol, vag. I have seen plenty in my life. I'm know where near 18. Look in my profile, I'm 31.

If you need to know I'm married to lovely gamer wife for 10 years, we have 3 kids of our own. Me and my father own very sucsessful Business together. So don't go saying I'm some 18 kid, and you know notthing of me!

All I was saying, what you have said sounds like you still live with your mothers. And you did said you have NO JOB!. Like any Man in the world, J O B shows alot respect than some poker game! ;) Do you even know how to speak, english? You sure can't type worth a crap. Plus your going to be a teacher, thank God. My kids won't be going that school! And what you going to teach them? How to hold Poker face with Royal Flush in their hands! lol.

ok ok what ever dude. thats coming from someone who plays poker and don't have a JOB!

If you really need money fast. Just go Pawn those games. If you don't want to do that, post them on GL or Ebay them, thats not hard. It only take some common sense! God give you brain, use it.

Oh dang I forgot, you NEED your mother to help you with that, huh? Thats what you said in your early post.

Congrats on showing me what type of a person is going to teach our kids in the future. A drunk poker player who's going to change our world with his knowledgable words! :applause:

Some people seriously need to look in the mirror before they make fun of other peoples grammar and spelling, Ellsinore. That's ALL I'm going to say on that....

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Some people seriously need to look in the mirror before they make fun of other peoples grammar and spelling, Ellsinore. That's ALL I'm going to say on that....[/quote]

I never said mine was perfact, did I? I just woke up, and coffee hasn't kick in yet. ;)

i really dont understand what the hell your problem is guy. im not going to bash you, question your life. etc.

i play poker. so what? i play well. well enough to not need a job. there's no reason for you to come at me the way you have and you should think about apoligizing. i'd rather play poker, have a wii, ds, 360 paid for in a cash. clothes sneakers and money in m savings account than go get a job.

it was saturday night, i don't know if you know this, but teachers arent stored in the closets of classrooms. they are humans, unlike yourself i guess.

My knowledge of literature is vast and you can change the world, grammar or not, through books. i would have a hard time believing youve picked up a book in your life.

people like you are the reason i dont post here anymore- i ask a question, lace some prices that i *think* they might be worth and you eat my fucking head off. you shat on my life and now think you are some sweet cup of coffee? don't look to fight on the internet, it isnt becoming.

[quote name='EddieBelfour']figured this would be a good place to go. I've been sitting on some things for years now and was just wondering what the worth of them might be.

RE2 GC- Sealed- 30?
RE Code Veronica GC mint- 30?[/quote]

I don't know how you got the eBay prices, but if you didn't, always check completed/sold listings. (You might even check for feedback to make sure the buyer actually came through with their bid, if it seems high.) Lots of unreasonable "buy it now" and initial prices appear there. Occasionally you can get lucky with a bidding war; also, occasionally, I've seen the final price fluctuate down as much as $20 or so over a month. Don't forget the "shipping/handling" factor either.

Things often go fo slightly less here. Being gamers (and cheap ones at that) we usually aren't willing to pay eBay prices, and often are more interested in trading than selling. On the bright side, the seller doesn't have eBay fees.

Here's a piece of solid advice. Put them up for sale and see what offers come in. The highest offer is what it's worth. You want to know what "knowledgeable" people know about your games? The only thing you can possilby know about the prices is what you personally got for it and when it sold. We can all tell you prices but you might be in for a big disappointment when a certain game goes for half of what you were quoted. Then, instead of being mad at yourself, you'll be partially resentful of us for leading you down to the wrong path. You said craigslist didn't help you because no one has offered anything. You're either asking for too much or you didn't word it properly.

zomg. you dont get it do you? your veiled attempts at trying to be "nice" and give me "advice" are easily seen through.

to be a professional poker player you need to have six months of bills ready, or so pro poker players will tell you, this is what you should have. i have a savings account my man. that i don't want to dip into. between school refunds and poker, i've done very well. if i can get through the month by hawking some games,that i have kept sealed for this purpose, why would i dip into the savings account?

did you ever think that people are getting sensitive around here because of pieces of crap like you? i don't mess with ebay, guy. i don't buy off there, don't bid on there, don't look on there.

ill bbl. im going to revamp my whole life because some overzealous ebay nerd just "sonned" me. half the people in the this thread need to eat a bullet. the other half, thank you.

im putting them on ebay on monday morning. or i'm not, mommy is.

[quote name='beeporama']I don't know how you got the eBay prices, but if you didn't, always check completed/sold listings. (You might even check for feedback to make sure the buyer actually came through with their bid, if it seems high.) Lots of unreasonable "buy it now" and initial prices appear there. Occasionally you can get lucky with a bidding war; also, occasionally, I've seen the final price fluctuate down as much as $20 or so over a month. Don't forget the "shipping/handling" factor either.

Things often go fo slightly less here. Being gamers (and cheap ones at that) we usually aren't willing to pay eBay prices, and often are more interested in trading than selling. On the bright side, the seller doesn't have eBay fees.[/quote]

thanks man.

i know how CAG rolls. i wasn't looking to sell them here, but i do know that some, like yourself have the knowledge i don't and i appreciate your candor. i'll take it all into account and see how it goes. i'll be more than happy to post the links here so you can check them out.

Dude. Get over yourself. You're repeated yourself a couple times already. I'm not some overzealous ebay nerd. I never sell there either. Just take yourself out of your rose colored shades for a minute and think about what your situation looks like? Guy comes on saying he's got to sell some pretty rare sealed games just to pay off bills because he can't dip into his poker money . That's cool and I respect that you're not talking to loansharks to get the money but don't expect all of us to have sympathy for a professional poker player. If A-Rod came here looking to unload a couple games, people would roast him to death. No one said to change your life. We just thought it was humorous how you're going about financing your life. I'm all for it if you don't have to work but obviously you're not a very good poker player if you're now "desperate" for money. If half the thread wants to pat you on the back and make you feel better, that's fine. Too bad I'm from the old school that'll tell you how it is and not give a fuck about your feelings. Oh, and we never threatened you with death. Tell me to eat a bullet again and we'll have some real problems, son.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']HAHAHAHAHA!! Oh man, the old internet muscles and roid rage are a flarin' on all parts of the internets today.[/quote]

Dude, you have no room to talk. You're the president of the emo club.

The funny thing is that I've used no rage at all. At first, I simply said that it might be a better idea not to play poker with bill money. I was trying to joke around a little bit at the expense of the OP. OP decided to tell all the smart asses in the room to eat a bullet. Since, I'm probably the biggest smart ass around, I took some offense to that. It seems like everyone is from the new school and anytime someone says something that doesn't stroke your ego, it's all out war. Grow up. There's no need to tell someone to "eat a bullet" when we're on video game forums.

[quote name='depascal22']Dude, you have no room to talk. You're the president of the emo club.

The funny thing is that I've used no rage at all. At first, I simply said that it might be a better idea not to play poker with bill money. I was trying to joke around a little bit at the expense of the OP. OP decided to tell all the smart asses in the room to eat a bullet. Since, I'm probably the biggest smart ass around, I took some offense to that. It seems like everyone is from the new school and anytime someone says something that doesn't stroke your ego, it's all out war. Grow up. There's no need to tell someone to "eat a bullet" when we're on video game forums.[/quote]
No offence, but its a difference between ribbing and being an ass. This post was just one of many on every forum that proves than some people just wanna be asses on the internet

[quote name='depascal22']Dude, you have no room to talk. You're the president of the emo club.

The funny thing is that I've used no rage at all. At first, I simply said that it might be a better idea not to play poker with bill money. I was trying to joke around a little bit at the expense of the OP. OP decided to tell all the smart asses in the room to eat a bullet. Since, I'm probably the biggest smart ass around, I took some offense to that. It seems like everyone is from the new school and anytime someone says something that doesn't stroke your ego, it's all out war. Grow up. There's no need to tell someone to "eat a bullet" when we're on video game forums.[/quote]

d00d. you know what? i never said i was "desperate". was just wondering what the games were worth. i dont know what you mean about "new school", son, but i'm close to thirty and this younger generation is just absolutely horrible. I feel terrible that the world has come to this point where we have "elitest" video gamers. those are some pretty rare games and i am pretty stoked that i've sat on them and that they are in mint condition. I'm proud of myself for not tearing them open. i got most of them for dirt cheap, through CAG, when there was one or two donks per thread, not a majority of the posters.

i'm not using bill money to play poker, i pay the bills with poker money. You just don't get it. I don't play poker live, i play on the internets. there are plenty of dummies out there to take advantage of. I'm not looking to have my ego stroked, don't get mad at me that you have to work at target. its not my fault. it is however ok to work a job like that. My lady is always holleringat me about needing a "real" job, but she doesnt mind playing her pink DS Lite for hours on end that was bought with money i won. i'm just saying relax, all you need to do is apologize. And eat a bullet is a figure of speech. whiner.

there's a lot of pressure involved In a game like NLHE, one wrong move and you're done. i usually clear a g by this time of month and havent yet. I'm at around 500 for the month. I'm just making sure I'm set. and looking to take advantage of the people on ebay who will pay astronomic amounts of money for what i'm selling. if BGE goes for 25-40 unsealed, I'm sure i can get a nice penny for my CC sale bought GC version. My bad. really, I'm sorry for even posting here.

Wow, you live your life playing Poker? Sorry dude, your are 30 with nothing to show but being able to play a silly card game. Get a REAL job. You're parents, iyou havnt lost them in a bet, must be REAL proud of you.

The games you listed are far from rare. You simply have a few games sealed that many people can pickup just by looking around. You play Poker on the 'internets' and you were around here when only a few 'donks' were here. There are so many damn things wrong in this situation.

yeah they are actually. they both play, where do you think i learned? it is a real job. you know what the best part is? watching the 42 inch HD with a computer on my lap making dough while you slave away at walmart. theres no reason to get nasty, brother. none at all. you want to pay some inflated prices for some games by chance? pfffft.

oh and lollerthon at nothing to show. coming from the MC KIDS avatar guy. I'm a college student as well, bucko. you know, books and gitting learnt. sorry, i dont want some CEO making dimes off me. When i do whore myself to reality, it will be as a teacher. f'ing bottom feeders.

See. I've been making fun of what you've said. You need to make assumptions and generalizations of what you think my career is to try to make fun of me. I'm a surgical tech that works full time at one of the best community hospitals in Westchester County. Like I said, I'm a little jealous that you don't have to work but at the same time, don't expect sympathy from the majority of posters here. Maybe you should've just asked the question without going into your poker habit. As for an apology? Please, dude. Don't be all hard and then demand an apology from me.

EDIT -- Oh, and my quote and first two sentences were directed at IAmtheCheapestGamer. He's a guy that likes to rip games when he's only played them for 10 minutes. Alot of great company to have by your side, Eddie Belfour.

[quote name='EddieBelfour']yeah they are actually. they both play, where do you think i learned? it is a real job. you know what the best part is? watching the 42 inch HD with a computer on my lap making dough while you slave away at walmart. theres no reason to get nasty, brother. none at all. you want to pay some inflated prices for some games by chance? pfffft.

oh and lollerthon at nothing to show. coming from the MC KIDS avatar guy. I'm a college student as well, bucko. you know, books and gitting learnt. sorry, i dont want some CEO making dimes off me. When i do whore myself to reality, it will be as a teacher. f'ing bottom feeders.[/QUOTE]

Aside from the fact I have a REAL job and would never work at Wal-Mart YOU still do not have a job at all. Playing Poker and making money is not a real job. I can see your College Degree is real making a difference in your life. I like the fact you don't want some CEO making dimes off you (I assume that means money, correct), yet you must be under the assumption that this Poker thing will last forever.

Feel free to make fun of my MC Kids avatar, which is an awesome game, and I will simply post of what I think you look like. Sorry, my 'generation' is just so stupid :roll:

south_park_wow.jpg

See. I've been making fun of what you've said. You need to make assumptions and generalizations of what you think my career is to try to make fun of me. I'm a surgical tech that works full time at one of the best community hospitals in Westchester County. Like I said, I'm a little jealous that you don't have to work but at the same time, don't expect sympathy from the majority of posters here. Maybe you should've just asked the question without going into your poker habit. As for an apology? Please, dude. Don't be all hard and then demand an apology from me.

EDIT -- Oh, and my quote and first two sentences were directed at IAmtheCheapestGamer. He's a guy that likes to rip games when he's only played them for 10 minutes. Alot of great company to have by your side, Eddie Belfour.i mentioned the poker habit in passing, and instead of the games it became the topic. look at the first replies, all smart ass punk kids with too much time on their hands.
you were a down right jerk, looking to make fun and you delivered man. you started an internet struggle with a lowly poker player from the armpit of the east. i never acted hard. because i said bullet, you figure i like fitty cent i bet. theres no reason for this to continue. i should have left the poker stuff out, but i was trying to add a bit of humour into the fray. all i wanted to know was how much i should expect for these jawns, as i stated, im not much of an ebayer. if i do come across something that i want ebayed, i pass it along to moms, because honestly. i dont have time. i just can't fit it in. then that gets made fun of. lets see who made the generalizations first, pal. wasn't me. you have suceeded in ruining this thread. I'm going to sell them at a garage sale now for 1 dollar per. want the addy? to be honest, you are a bit old to start fights on the internet.

Aside from the fact I have a REAL job and would never work at Wal-Mart YOU still do not have a job at all. Playing Poker and making money is not a real job. I can see your College Degree is real making a difference in your life. I like the fact you don't want some CEO making dimes off you (I assume that means money, correct), yet you must be under the assumption that this Poker thing will last forever.

Feel free to make fun of my MC Kids avatar, which is an awesome game, and I will simply post of what I think you look like. Sorry, my 'generation' is just so stupid :roll:
the only reason you like that game is because it had an underground video game nerd following, someone mentioned it, and you were bout it bout it. it's like the evil dead movies, or bruce campbells entire career. a small sect of a larger sample all think they are cool because they have "underground" whatever it is they follow. hi five!

I do have a real job. Just as real as yours. I pay taxes just like you. I assume the poker thing will go on for a long time. You know when you teach, you get vacations. Christmas, easter, summer. thats when ill play poker, friend. it's never not going to be part of my life. I'm too good at it. So i will save the world one kid at a time, starting with you.

oh and here's what i look like. Im the one in back.

Eddie, I don't really give a fuck about you, your situation, or anyone else arguing with you in this thread really.

That said, you should have expected a lot of people to tell you to get off of your fat ass and find a goddamn job when you post saying "I'm looking to sell games because I'm losing in poker and can't pay the bills" followed by "my mom will ebay this shit for me". Your later posts make it seem like you're suffering from ITPD.

Heres my advice to all of you - Cease posting. Both sides are acting like annoying twit kids, neither of you is any better than the other seeing you keep baiting one another. Drop it, move on.

Dear God,

Hey, it's me, Andy. I know we haven't talked in a while, but I've got a HUGE favor to ask you.

Would you please teach people how to use the "shift" key? It really makes anything typed look better. When people argue and don't use capital letters, they just seem childish.

Also, thanks for all the rain lately! It had been pretty dry around here for a while. Nice to see some green grass!

Anywho, I'm sure you're busy. I'll let you get back to whatever it is you do.

X's and O's,
Andy

[quote name='georox']Heres my advice to all of you - Cease posting. Both sides are acting like annoying twit kids, neither of you is any better than the other seeing you keep baiting one another. Drop it, move on.[/quote]
yeah thats the best thing to do now, but its gonna come up again. Maybe one day people wont be dicks on the internet. To the op good luck selling those games and in playing poker.

[quote name='EddieBelfour']
the only reason you like that game is because it had an underground video game nerd following, someone mentioned it, and you were bout it bout it. it's like the evil dead movies, or bruce campbells entire career. a small sect of a larger sample all think they are cool because they have "underground" whatever it is they follow. hi five![/QUOTE]

Unless MC Kids was an underground cult hit when it came out and I purchased it the first week of release and loved it, then sure, I'm just conforming to everyone else :roll: Cute sister.

MC Kids rocks harder than anything McDonalds related has the right to. The guys making that really put their heart and soul into it, I remember reading an interview with one of the programmers, saying they were doing SMB3 level NES tech/design way before SMB3.

You don't have a sealed copy of RE3 for the cube do you? That's the only one I need. Anyway, here's some results for you.

Shenmue- DC sealed- sold for $76 on eBay.

RE2 GC- Sealed- 30? -eBay is flooded with this game. People asking $25ish aren't selling. Undersell for say... $19 or 20 and it will sell.

RE4 GSCE- opened, mint. -30? -I'm not sure what GSCE stands for, but there's a guy who's been trying to sell a new copy of the collectors edition (tin) for $40 and it still hasn't sold.

RE Code Veronica GC mint- 30? -That may sell at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back