How much have You Made with TRU90%+EB 2=$10...?

[quote name='ddockery']Justify it like this - EBGames are a lot bigger douchebags than anyone exploiting this ever thought about.[/quote]

ahh.. touche.

my TRU didnt have one non sports game from this generation (gamecube, ps2, xbox) im not too mad because i already paid for my psp in full at gamerush, as well as 6 xbox games paid for, and i have about 170 to spend on psp games. i spent 100 bucks top out of pocket for the psp and 6 xbox games. trading 2 drakes for 44 at gamerush and using a trade 2 preorder any game for 30 was the greatest deal.

sorry i went off topic, but i am still bummed about the TRU situation, i mean it cant hurt to have more, can it?

EB's extra $10 for every 2 games wasn't good to me. I traded in six games, automatic $30, and still was a few dollars short of $40.

I took my extras to FYE and made good with cash.

10 games got at TRU for 1.50 each 15.00 Total out of pocket
Each game fetch 2 bucks X10 =20 + 50 extra Total 70 -20% cash

56 bucks - 15 bucks Total 41 bucks so it really wasnt worth it

i got around 20 primals that ebgames only give 50 cents for so could get 5.50 each out of them if they would take 20 copies :)

dammit my TRU didnt have shiet just a bunch of primals and universal studio games the rest were changed to red tags. how much can i get for the universal studios game or everquest?

Looks like the standard multiplier of TRU cash to EB credit is 3. That's in line wiht my experience.

As to how you can justify it: What's the motivation for EB to have this promotion? To monopolize the resale market. Gamestop, one of their #1 competitors, was offering Trade-3-Get-$10. EB one-ups them: Trade-2-Get-$10. Their margin on used games must be significantly larger than their margin on new games (which we know to be true because EB gives CAGs a full 25% off the list price plus free shipping). Having people bring games to trade drives business to their store; giving those people credit drives future business to their store; having more used games for sale than anyplace else drives business to their store. Hence the promotion. Why even do it like a promotion -- why not just raise their resale prices by $5 on the games they want? It would be easy for them not to pay $5.25 for a jampack, but they still do it. For them, there's a business case, and this is what they sow.

Gamestop has the right idea now -- not $10 but an extra 30%. As someone pointed out in a previous thread, if you have a game whose resale value is $10 or greater, Gamestop has the best prices. And those are the games that a store wants to have in stock -- they command the best prices.

I cant get rid of my jampacks... =( My EB wont take them, nor will GC... Well, I was bsin with the manager and he said they came up as $0.00 in the system. I asked him if I could use them for the 2=+$10 and he said maybe :twisted:

[quote name='phatbunbao'][quote name='seanw']Whatever you do, don't open the Everquest.[/quote]
um why?[/quote]

No one will take it... I'm probably going to take it back to TRU if I can find the receipt.

Look on the back of Everquest -- it says "not for resale" on it. That's because there's a registration code in there, and the game is valueless without it. As long as it's sealed, they know you haven't stolen the code ... but all the same, the game isn't in their systems, so good luck selling it. I'm going to give mine to a CAG'r ... preferably one with Pac-Man Vs. or something.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento'][quote name='Rig']$0.00 spent at TRU (they had nothing!)
$0.00 credit at EB[/quote]

hey, I know how you feel... the legendary CC sale didn''t do much for me. After spending an entire week searching almost all CCs in south Florida, the only item I ever got that was worth anything to me was Ape Escape 2... and that's out of 2 items i found :cry:

so don't worry... something better will come down your alley... just don't go down the alley on the left. I heard it has giant hairy groping men in there. :?[/quote]

I agree, I searched every CC in SF and couldn't fnd anything. I am gonna search the two TRUS in my area on Saturday but doubt they will have anything.

[quote name='Tequilla Gundam']spent 500, got 1550[/quote]

[quote name='Daddy']spent 300 and got 930....i love this shizzle[/quote]

:lol:

was that in one stop or did you have to make multiple trips

if it was one stop, did you factor in the cost of the truck you rented to haul that crap around town?

[quote name='phatbunbao'][quote name='Tequilla Gundam']spent 500, got 1550[/quote]
whos' leg do i have to hump to get credit like that[/quote]

Sounds like a whole lot of legwork to get it done though. Turning over that kind of volume would become almost like a job rather than something anyone would do just for fun. I'm fearful gaming wouldn't be fun if I had to hoard everything in sight and trade it all in at a dozen different stores or Ebay all of it just for pure profit. To each his own though.

Are you guys unwrapping the games before trade or just taking off the price tags? I have a few to trade in and I don't really feel like looking like a jackass or providing lengthy explanations.

phat, he tripled his money. Everyone tripled their money. It was just a question of how much money they had to invest, and if there was any stock to buy.

[quote name='slidecage']10 games got at TRU for 1.50 each 15.00 Total out of pocket

i got around 20 primals that ebgames only give 50 cents for so could get 5.50 each out of them if they would take 20 copies :)[/quote]

Am I the only one who's sick of reading how many copies of games slidecage buys?

*Looks for Ignore User option...*

Does anyone know what kind of credit I can get for Eternal Darkness? Also, is it one the list of games allowed for the trade-in two, get an extra $10? For every 2 I trade in do I get an extra ten, or does that only apply once?

Is Everquest Online Adventures worth anything at EB, Gamestop, or Gamerush?

One last thing, does EB let you build your credit up, or do you have to spend it the same visit?

Edit: You know what's fucked up? I have to pay tax out here so for every $10 I spend it's really like $11, and EB doesn't give you tax credit :wink: . When you're counting those dollars it adds up.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Does anyone know what kind of credit I can get for Eternal Darkness? [/quote]

Sounds like someone else said you could get $2 at EB, which surprises me because it's on their exclusion list.

Also, is it one the list of games allowed for the trade-in two, get an extra $10? For every 2 I trade in do I get an extra ten, or does that only apply once?

Only sports games are excluded. You get a bonus $10 for every 2 games.

Is Everquest Online Adventures worth anything at EB, Gamestop, or Gamerush?

People have said it's no good at EB and Gamestop. Whatever you do, don't open it.

One last thing, does EB let you build your credit up, or do you have to spend it the same visit?

It builds up. You can put it on your Edge card (the 10%-used-games discount card that costs $5 ... worth having).

[quote name='phatbunbao']how much can i get for the universal studios cuz that like the only game left?[/quote]

1 dollar at ebgames. I got rid of a few today.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Won't Eb just refuse you service if you bring in 10+ copies of the same game?[/quote]

Probably depends on the manager...

[quote name='cronnos']Just so you guys know I found this list of "banned" games from trde-in special offers at EB. Most of those are part of the green tag sale:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/shops/instoretradein/exclusions.asp[/quote]

After reading that list I'm not seeing how some of you are getting the great trade in credits. You're buying the games for $1.50, and that's pretty much what you get for them at EB.... It's not making any sense.

The Exclusion list doesn't apply to this sale ( 2 for $10)
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/shops/instoretradein/

February VOM: $10 bonus trade-in for 2 non-sport PS2/XB/GC (new) Active: Now - 2/27/2005
Trade-in 2 pre-played PS2/XB/GC non-sport video games and receive $5.00 dollars bonus trade-in value for each game. Game boxes and instructions are required. No non-sport titles excluded from trade. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. No substitutions will be made. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Offer not valid on EBGames.com. See sales associate for complete details. No rain checks will be issued. Not valid on previous purchases. Sport themes not valid in offer: Basketball, Football, Baseball, Hockey, and Wrestling. Trade-in items must be submitted in "2"s to receive bonus dollars. Bonus will not be given to a 3rd game.

How can you guys get so much store credit at EB when they have an Excluded List of games that they won't take?

And which is the better place to do trade in EB or Gamerush?

[quote name='yogi99']How can you guys get so much store credit at EB when they have an Excluded List of games that they won't take?

And which is the better place to do trade in EB or Gamerush?[/quote]

My vote is game rush. They do price matching, and offer a 10% bonus to members. Plus they often sell games for $5-10 less for members on 'bonus days'.

Plus th manager is cool and I talk with him a lot.

O... and they have wishlists that when a used game comes in that you want theyll call you. And they have a system where you can request a game and theyll hunt it down for you. It costs $6 and has an exclusion list, so don't think you're going to get RE2GCN or Rez.

[quote name='yogi99']How can you guys get so much store credit at EB when they have an Excluded List of games that they won't take?[/quote]

That's just it; the exclusion list doesn't apply to this deal. YMMV of course, buy my local EB is even taking penny PS2 Jampacks in for $5.25 in credit each. I'm seriously considering getting rid of every last JamPack I own for a deal like this.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='yogi99']How can you guys get so much store credit at EB when they have an Excluded List of games that they won't take?[/quote]

That's just it; the exclusion list doesn't apply to this deal. YMMV of course, buy my local EB is even taking penny PS2 Jampacks in for $5.25 in credit each. I'm seriously considering getting rid of every last JamPack I own for a deal like this.[/quote]

Take it while you can... my EB wont give them to me.

[quote name='javeryh']$0.00 spent at TRU (didn't go)
$0.00 credit at EB

I'm way too lazy for antics like this...[/quote]

I know I've got to be lazier than you... and even I got in on the action.

[quote name='waxHead'][quote name='slidecage']10 games got at TRU for 1.50 each 15.00 Total out of pocket

i got around 20 primals that ebgames only give 50 cents for so could get 5.50 each out of them if they would take 20 copies :)[/quote]

Am I the only one who's sick of reading how many copies of games slidecage buys?

*Looks for Ignore User option...*[/quote]

I'm just waiting for him to buy some Xbox games and forget he has an Xbox. Or to buy some condoms and forget he has a penis. :rofl:

[quote name='javeryh']$0.00 spent at TRU (didn't go)
$0.00 credit at EB

I'm way too lazy for antics like this...[/quote]

I'm more knowing that my EB's around here will roll their eyes on trying to trade in lots of crap, so I don't worry about it. Plus with the chance that some stores will be anal about multiples or Jampacks, it's not worth driving all over creation to work up the credit.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='yogi99']How can you guys get so much store credit at EB when they have an Excluded List of games that they won't take?[/quote]

That's just it; the exclusion list doesn't apply to this deal. YMMV of course,[/quote]

Don't say that something doesn't apply to the deal then say YMMV. It's YMMV that they don't exclude games. Mine uses the exclusion list.

Slidecage does "math" in almost every post. We're all proud. I really wish we had an 'ignore user' option.

FYE: Spent $180, got $555 in return.
EB: Spent $30, got $84 in return.

God bless Drake for Xbox. The crazy thing is Gamestop sells it for $7 new.. and that still equals profit from FYE!

dave

[quote name='dpatel']if it weren't for people taking advantage of deals like these, they wouldn't need to recoup thier losses by ripping people off.[/quote]

Dumbassgamer #2!

2. "Company X is evil because it sells used games for a higher price than it buys them for."
Welcome to capitalism, Comrade. This is a free marketplace; sellers and buyers are free to set their own price points. If they meet, a transaction happens, and everybody is (or should be) happy. Besides, I'm sure you have no idea how much it costs to run a business. Rent, inventory, and labor aren't free, you know.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='yogi99']How can you guys get so much store credit at EB when they have an Excluded List of games that they won't take?[/quote]

That's just it; the exclusion list doesn't apply to this deal. YMMV of course,[/quote]

Don't say that something doesn't apply to the deal then say YMMV. It's YMMV that they don't exclude games. Mine uses the exclusion list.

Slidecage does "math" in almost every post. We're all proud. I really wish we had an 'ignore user' option.[/quote]

Sorry, I guess you "scorched" me on that one.

[quote name='eldad9'][quote name='dpatel']if it weren't for people taking advantage of deals like these, they wouldn't need to recoup thier losses by ripping people off.[/quote]

Dumbassgamer #2!

2. "Company X is evil because it sells used games for a higher price than it buys them for."
Welcome to capitalism, Comrade. This is a free marketplace; sellers and buyers are free to set their own price points. If they meet, a transaction happens, and everybody is (or should be) happy. Besides, I'm sure you have no idea how much it costs to run a business. Rent, inventory, and labor aren't free, you know.[/quote]

They sell used games for a higher price than new ones sometimes.... :\

[quote name='waxHead'][quote name='slidecage']10 games got at TRU for 1.50 each 15.00 Total out of pocket

*Looks for Ignore User option...*[/quote]

Your not the only one. :x

If I trade in my games at one ebgames B&M store can I use the store credit at any one ebgames B&M stores or is the credit only good at the store I traded in my games? And when does the credit expires (how long can I store the credit in ebgames store)?

bread's done
Back