HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rywateska']Anyone have luck picking one up at B&N in-store?[/QUOTE]

My friend works there, he said stores dont even carry them, just online.
That's just his word,though. Or just his personal experience at our store.

Man, this thread just keeps growing by leaps and bounds, can't keep up. They might have to restart this thread before it crashes CAG, like the Kmart thread used to :D

[quote name='Dkellar']So, those with the orders that shipped from Best Buy, did you have free shipping?[/QUOTE]

I got free shipping using a link that several CAGs had previously posted. I think it was some sort of "Entertainment" link with free shipping.

Still hoping for OnSale to pan out. I went to order when it said 4 available. Then I checked the balance on my card to make sure I had the money, and when I came back and it said 1 available. Not sure if I ordered in time because they were still available to purchase for hours after that point and there wasn't an "X available" message anymore. They did charge my card though and it says shipping soon on the order number but I'm pretty sure it's that way for everyone. I'm not getting my hopes up too high, but there's some good deals to be had on the gohastings 25% off sale, so I'm either getting a cheap tab or some new games. Works for me either way.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I just got off the live chat myself, and was told that "3 day delivery pending", means it shipped. I have a delivery date of 8/24, dude said tracking takes about a day to update on the site...heres hoping :pray:[/QUOTE]

I think my agent "BOB" was being mean and said OSS idk...just chat again with another agent "Maria"

Maria: Hi Thinh,
Maria: Welcome to Office Depot. How may I assist you?
THINH: Hi Maria I want to know about the status of my order
THINH: xxxxxxxxx-001
Maria: Estimated Date: Wednesday, August 24,
THINH: I dont understand the 3 day pending status
Maria: In response to your inquiry, the ‘3 day delivery pending’ refers to the items that are outside of the regular delivery area.
The order # is scheduled to be delivered on 08/24/2011..
THINH: so is this mean my order is instock and will be ship to me?
Maria: Yes it will be delivered to your location as dated.
THINH: are you sure?
Maria: Yes you will receive this item.
THINH: alright thank you!
Maria: You are welcome.
Maria: Thanks for chatting and have a great day!
Maria: Thank you for choosing Office Depot.
This service is available 8AM-8PM EST. Monday through Friday. Please don't hesitate to use this service again.
Have a nice day.

I really hope this go through :cry:

HP's site says "Your order is approved and being sent to order management" whereas it was "processing" before... But I'm guessing that means nothing.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Office Depot sent me an email asking me to review my new HP Touchpad...how about you guys ship it to me and I promise to review it.[/QUOTE]

I got that email 2 days ago....

[quote name='Nagasami']I think my agent "BOB" was being mean and said OSS idk...just chat again with another agent "Maria"

I really hope this go through :cry:[/QUOTE]

My chat was similar. Id copy and paste but im using CAG on my phone since my work blocks it.

Well, right after my post I got my cancellation email from B&N. I get in on it very early too, within 5-10 minutes I'd say. There are people with far lower order #'s than me that are also getting cancelled on SD too. Looks to me like they didn't have many to begin with, if any at all.

[quote name='TraBuch']Asus Transformer >>>>>>>> iPad[/QUOTE]
DingDing! We have a winner. Apple makes solid hardware, and people can bitch about Android fragmentation all they like, but the fact is, Honeycomb, as a pure tablet OS, blows iOS out of the water. And Ice Cream Sandwich may make that gap even wider. I can't wait to see the next gen Transformer...running Kal-El chips.

That said, I like my iPhone a lot. And my mom likes her iPad2 a lot. I like to have perspective on all the different platforms for my line of work, so the more devices the merrier.

This interesting for those who got a cancellation email from B&N

From SD:
To all those posting the cancelled mail from B&N

I got the email over an hour ago, but on the status page at B&N it still shows pending. Also I just got off the phone with them, and they told me even though I received a cancelled email, their system says my order is still showing as ok. So I am not sure what the hell to think. So if you received a cancelled mail from B&N you may want to check the status on the website, and calling cannot hurt either, as the wait time was only about 15 mins.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Just got the BN sorry we fucked up email for both orders...crap[/QUOTE]

That sucks, looks like I'm in for a cancel as well since I ordered mine at like 4AM EST.

Sucks that they charged me already, oh well, should get that money back within a week or so... I hope.

CNN/Money article on Touchpad

Interesting article. I think HP really f'ed this up. I think a moderate discount - 249/299, maybe - would have at least created a sales bump that would have told them if it was going to be smart to keep working on a tablet. As it is, they created a "WebOS is DEAD" craze that hampered basically ANY future tablet or tablet OS developer. The crazy thing is that now, there are shit tons of WebOS machines out there and no really knowledge of what the future holds for these tablets, if anything. I don't really care, as long as I can get on Facebook and play Madden NFL Superstars on there, but some future dev of apps (Netflix, are you listening?) would have been nice.

microcenter order was cancelled.
best buy order has shipped with free shipping thanks to that link provided a hundred some pages ago.

thanks, cheapassgamer.com

[quote name='crazedracerguy']CNN/Money article on Touchpad

Interesting article. I think HP really f'ed this up. I think a moderate discount - 249/299, maybe - would have at least created a sales bump that would have told them if it was going to be smart to keep working on a tablet. As it is, they created a "WebOS is DEAD" craze that hampered basically ANY future tablet or tablet OS developer. The crazy thing is that now, there are shit tons of WebOS machines out there and no really knowledge of what the future holds for these tablets, if anything. I don't really care, as long as I can get on Facebook and play Madden NFL Superstars on there, but some future dev of apps (Netflix, are you listening?) would have been nice.[/QUOTE]

So basically the Touchpad was #2 in the "want" category and they folded up shop. Does not bode well for the Android tablets.

[quote name='mcdaking84']anyone have a list of things to do when you first get it?[/QUOTE]
1. Open shipping box
2. remove Touchpad box
3. open Touchpad box
4. remove Touchpad from box
5. remove outer wrapping from Touchpad tablet
6. Press power button to initiate boot sequence
7. stare in awe at hp logo
8. register for a webOS account when prompted
9. update the webOS software
10. watch pr0n on tablet
:booty:

[quote name='Ronin317']1. Open shipping box
2. remove Touchpad box
3. open Touchpad box
10. watch pr0n on tablet
:booty:[/QUOTE]

I will wait for a stand...I like having both hands free.:roll:

Tablets are too expensive for the function they provide.

They're using the same processors as phones, but with bigger displays. That's it.

The only difference is that Apple people are used to paying 100% markup on their products. The firesale and panic for this is EXACTLY why they need to drop in price.

2. remove Touchpad box
3. open Touchpad box
10. watch pr0n on tablet
:whistle2:#

i been busted!

2. remove Touchpad box
3. open Touchpad box
10. watch pr0n on tablet

You may want to skip 5. If those are your plans.

[quote name='cRodz']:whistle2:#

i been busted![/QUOTE]
I mean, I don't want to call anyone out on it, but the thing does run flash, and youpr0n.com is flash...just sayin'. :whistle2:#

I'm constantly checking my e-mail and my order status on Barnes and Noble to see if my order for 1 16gb is shipped or cancelled. Right now, no cancel. This is freaking torture. They've already charged me and set my ship date as the 8/24, but I don't know if this happens to everyone. I ordered at like 12:30 am pst last night. Blarghhh :cry:

[quote name='Nagasami']I will not feel good until i get a TRACKING NUMBER!!!![/QUOTE]

I know that's right. I placed my order from Best Buy and it's scheduled to be there Wednesday through Saturday. On another note, seriously fuck WAL-MART! I went to get my Tablet price adjusted because I paid full price an hour before the sale went into effect. They denied me again, and then I told them to return my Touchpad. The dyke CSM told me she couldn't return the item. I told her to get manager because I wasn't having it anymore. She almost made me late for work. I went back there three times trying to get my item adjusted. They finally took it back, and the manager told me there was something wrong. Dumb bitch didn't know what the fuck she was talking about! I reported them to corporate, and the Better Business Bureau. I will not stand for this! I asked for an apology letter and a $200 giftcard because I don't have the product, and I wasted gas going back and forth. I'm never shopping there again!

[quote name='cancerman1120']I will wait for a stand...I like having both hands free.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Awkward...

[quote name='david12795']has anyones order from HP.com shipped?

i get my amazon order in tomorrow. tried the demo unit today at OD. pretty nice :)[/QUOTE]

My HP SMB order shipped this afternoon. I received a shipping notification and tracking numbers.

[quote name='david12795']has anyones order from HP.com shipped?

i get my amazon order in tomorrow. tried the demo unit today at OD. pretty nice :)[/QUOTE]

if you have received a recyled tracking number, the track have been updated
so yeah mine has been shipped
HPA and ordered on the 19th

[quote name='pjb16']Just got this from HP:
"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular]Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad. We have received an unprecedented amount of orders as a result of the tremendous discount offered. Therefore, order confirmation emails are still being processed. Be assured that your order has been captured. You should receive an automated order confirmation in the next 24-72 hours.

Additionally, some of our customers may have experienced a pricing error while purchasing on August 20th and 21st. We are in the process of ensuring every order is honored at the discounted price.

If you have any questions, please contact an HP representative at 866.625.0242 and choose option 3. Please note that we are expecting significant call volumes with extended wait times over the next 48 hours, so we ask for your patience. We are committed to our relationship with you and to delivering the best technology solutions for you and your business.

Sincerely,

Your HP Business Promotions Team"

[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Just got the same e-mail! yay?

Still waiting for my HP Academy order from Friday night to not say Item being processed anymore, and to say something besides Canceled. Just change already, it's drivin me nuts! Shipppp!!! :whistle2:/

[quote name='thrustbucket']I still have my launch Pre. It's growing long in the tooth, I admit. But have you ever actually tried to use Android after an overclocked and patched webOS device? It's like climbing out of bed with Milla Jovovich and into another bed with Hillary Clinton.[/QUOTE]

I had a huge thing typed here, but I just need to tell you you are a deluded fool. I've left from a Palm Pre to an HTC Evo 3D (And my wife's Motorola Photon 4G) and we constantly laugh at comparing to that shitty piece of shit from before.

No amount of overclocking fixes a 4-minute bootup, 4-hour standy battery life or shitty hardware. There's a reason Palm is now history. Then again, if you're happy with your fixed-focus camera lens, without (PROMISED) Adobe Flash, and having to hack in a glitchy On-screen keyboard without even a FRACTION of the apps, be my guest. But I like devices that are up-to-date, like with AMAZING features, such as SD CARD SLOTS, focusing-camera lenses, and working power buttons.

And you're a LIAR if you say your power button still works.

I wouldn't jump onto the TouchPad until at LEAST 3 months on the market, just to see what hardware fails on thing.

Man, I'd love to get one of these as an "entry level" tablet. Problem is, I don't have the extra dough around.

I get my student refund until the middle of next month. Think I still stand a chance of getting one around then?

[quote name='Regian']Man, I'd love to get one of these as an "entry level" tablet. Problem is, I don't have the extra dough around.

I get my student refund until the middle of next month. Think I still stand a chance of getting one around then?[/QUOTE]

i have the cash now and cant get one... so your chances are most likely zero :lol:

Ignorant question incoming:

I have never cares to read into tablets before. From what I gather, they're essentially miniature laptops that look like a giant iPod touch. Am I wrong?

Just curious if this is something I'd find to be a beneficial purchase when I already own a laptop, albeit a bulky one.

[quote name='Regian']
I get my student refund until the middle of next month. Think I still stand a chance of getting one around then?[/QUOTE]
Extremely doubtful... sorry.

Someone at SD posted a FB message from OnSale regarding the touchpad orders.

From OnSale's FB:

OnSale Holdings
Hi guys! To answer all of you guys really quick, yes, the HP Touchpad deal on Amazon this weekend is legit and your orders will be shipped soon. Thanks for shopping with us! ♥

Link

[quote name='Regian']
Extremely doubtful... sorry.

Edit: actually, maybe you can find one on CAG if people end up getting more than they needed.

With the amount of these things shipping soon, there stands a chance that the second-hand market will drop substantially, no?

bread's done
Back