HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TwistedOrange']Onsight is a bunch of garbage. They don't do FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, neither does OnSale.

Does anyone know how to leave negative feedback for OnSale in the Amazon marketplace? That I'd the only place where it would really hurt them.

[quote name='eliter1']Yeah, neither does OnSale.

Does anyone know how to leave negative feedback for OnSale in the Amazon marketplace? That I'd the only place where it would really hurt them.[/QUOTE]

Can't when they cancel through amazon

Yea just got my onsale shipping confirmation for my order and I happen to know i ordered later than some people who got cancelled. Good for me just sucks for some other people

Damn it just noticed HP didn't send out my touchpad. The only thing they've shipped was my junk item I ordered to get my $30 off....Once again FU HP!

[quote name='Pliskin101']Just booted my touchpad signed into my network as you must for setup...at which point it wont let me get past that. I can't do anything at all. I rebooted and now it just has a spinning circle once it starts up.

WTH $99 is too much!! I have been trying for 45 minutes now just to get past setup!![/QUOTE]

If this is a common issue, thought I'd share that moving to an unsecured wifi network (off our secured work network) solved the issue. Good luck.

I just want to :cry:. I'm so tired of this. I have an TouchPad for myself but I'm trying to get one for my aunt who could really use one because of her medical condition.

Forgive my ignorance, but how accurate is that FedEx trick on the OP? After trying about six times to obtain a tracking number through HP chat, I found that little work-around and typed my order number in the reference number box. Lo and behold, a 5.7-pound package is on its way from Olive Branch, Miss., with a delivery date of TOMORROW?

Could it be? Probably not. It's probably the 500 sheets of paper I ordered along with my 32GB model to get the $30 coupon to work, right?

I also got my official Insight cancellation e-mail. Here's to hoping that either a local Best Buy magically gets stock or HP restocks and I can snag one.

At least I have my accessories ordered :lol:

I can't help but laugh at the people who are getting their paper before their TP. If they were not keeping tabs on their tracking numbers and saw that package, eyes lit up with joy, just to be left with a broken heart in the end. bwhaha.

Oh goodness, I'm evil XD

[quote name='lyric706']Forgive my ignorance, but how accurate is that FedEx trick on the OP? After trying about six times to obtain a tracking number through HP chat, I found that little work-around and typed my order number in the reference number box. Lo and behold, a 5.7-pound package is on its way from Olive Branch, Miss., with a delivery date of TOMORROW?

Could it be? Probably not. It's probably the 500 sheets of paper I ordered along with my 32GB model to get the $30 coupon to work, right?[/QUOTE]

It works, but yeah, that is your paper.

Finally scooped the official case for 9.99 using my $15 RZ certs at BB Mobile. Funny how my local hoarder took everything from BB Walmart and Radioshack but missed these. 16GBs are coming up in my area, just sent my boss to pickup one for my mom if theyre available.

[quote name='DeathDream']I can't help but laugh at the people who are getting their paper before their TP. If they were not keeping tabs on their tracking numbers and saw that package, eyes lit up with joy, just to be left with a broken heart in the end. bwhaha.

Oh goodness, I'm evil XD[/QUOTE]

It's only good if it was a hoarder and he got stuck with 20 boxes of paper. Dunder-Mifflin'd.

I clicked on the BestBuy links in OP. They say In Store Only for my store.

I don't imagine that means they actually have stock does it?

Edit: and just like that, all unavailable around me. dumb.

You know, when everyone gets their HP e-mail notification of more units available, there will be another mad dash on the servers of EPIC proportions, and we'll be screwed out of them again. I came VERY close to paying a $100+ premium on eBay a few minutes ago.

Someone save me from not being a CAT! (Cheap Ass Tableter)

[quote name='nlyonssmith']I clicked on the BestBuy links in OP. They say In Store Only for my store.

I don't imagine that means they actually have stock does it?[/QUOTE]

Thats what it said in my area and they are in stock over here. Limit 1 per customer.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']You know, when everyone gets their HP e-mail notification of more units available, there will be another mad dash on the servers of EPIC proportions, and we'll be screwed out of them again. I came VERY close to paying a $100+ premium on eBay a few minutes ago.

Someone save me from not being a CAT! (Cheap Ass Tableter)[/QUOTE]

Dunno why you would go down the Ebay route. They are selling cheaper on craigslist in my area by ~$50.

[quote name='nlyonssmith']I clicked on the BestBuy links in OP. They say In Store Only for my store.

I don't imagine that means they actually have stock does it?[/QUOTE]

YMMV, some store do some stores don't. If it's close to you it's worth a shot. Just hope you don't have any hoarders in your area.

What makes this all worse is I was totally around when HP dropped the price and I was like, "Nah, I don't want one of those. They're crap."....Then after a day I was like, "Wait...It's $99...For $99 I'm sure it's great!"...Too late! At this point I wish I still didn't care.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']What makes this all worse is I was totally around when HP dropped the price and I was like, "Nah, I don't want one of those. They're crap."....Then after a day I was like, "Wait...It's $99...For $99 I'm sure it's great!"...Too late! At this point I wish I still didn't care.[/QUOTE]

I was the same way for about 2 minutes. Jumped back on the site and bought one :)

Ordered mine at 5:09 EST and no cancel email.. Stupid noSale giving me a glimmer of hope..

Oh well, my hunt ends here.

Went looking around for one of these at bestbuy and office depot. Ended up getting an Asus Eee Transformer. Much more expensive but I am not disappointed.

[quote name='Raven19x']Ordered mine at 5:09 EST and no cancel email.. Stupid noSale giving me a glimmer of hope..

Oh well, my hunt ends here.[/QUOTE]

Same situation. 5:06 here, but since they aren't processing first come first serve apparently , it doesn't really matter.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']What makes this all worse is I was totally around when HP dropped the price and I was like, "Nah, I don't want one of those. They're crap."....Then after a day I was like, "Wait...It's $99...For $99 I'm sure it's great!"...Too late! At this point I wish I still didn't care.[/QUOTE]

I just wasn't familiar with the tablet, and remember seeing other tablets sell for around this price. I kept looking at the thread, and it came back in stock at best buy, but I still wasn't sure I wanted it. After doing some research, I decided I'd buy one, but by that point it was out of stock at best buy and I realized how hard it was going to be to get one of these.

Fortunately, I got an order through at HP SMB which appears it'll ship, and got one on Amazon that same day so I lucked out.

Stopped by 2 Best Buys that were suppose to get shipments in. Both said they were completely sold out, website sold out, etc etc and they don't know when they're getting more in :( All I want is one!

Lol I called amazon and talked to them, my luck i got a 3rd world worker who keeps trying to tell me I was not charged for these items when I'm looking at my account and I have 210 out on Aug 21st

Should this make me happy?

"onSale Inc. trading on Amazon.com as onSale shipped the following item(s) in your order 103-9741393-xxxxxx, placed on August 21, 2011.

Delivery Estimate: August 25, 2011 - August 30, 2011

This shipment will be delivered by UPS.

You have been charged for the following items shipped today:

FB454UT Smartbuy TouchPad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless ...
Sold by: onSale Inc.
Condition: new
Quantity: 1
$99.99 each
Item subtotal: $99.99

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Item Subtotal : $99.99
Shipping & Handling : $5.80
Sales Tax Collected : $8.25
Total : $114.04
Paid by Visa: $114.04

I redacted the tracking number... try not to hate me all at once. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if I'm late posting this but got some good news.

My order on Amazon from onSale officially says "shipped" now and is expected between the 25th (tomorrow) and the 30th next week. I was one of the people who ordered it within 5-10 minutes after the sale went live and by the time I had ordered the stock had gone out and back in once or twice.

I did not use expedited shipping or anything, just standard fare. This means if you ordered within a reasonable time frame of the sale going live you should probably be getting yours as well. Good luck CAGs.

[quote name='IronZombie']Don't know if I'm late posting this but got some good news.

My order on Amazon from onSale officially says "shipped" now and is expected between the 25th (tomorrow) and the 30th next week. I was one of the people who ordered it within 5-10 minutes after the sale went live and by the time I had ordered the stock had gone out and back in once or twice.

I did not use expedited shipping or anything, just standard fare. This means if you ordered within a reasonable time frame of the sale going live you should probably be getting yours as well. Good luck CAGs.[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't, you were just one of the lucky ones.

[quote name='IronZombie']Don't know if I'm late posting this but got some good news.

I did not use expedited shipping or anything, just standard fare. This means if you ordered within a reasonable time frame of the sale going live you should probably be getting yours as well. Good luck CAGs.[/QUOTE]

I just got my shipping confirmation from onSale as well. For reference, I placed my order at approximately 4:32 CST.

[quote name='Those']No it doesn't, you were just one of the lucky ones.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I ordered within seconds of it being available from onSale and mine got cancelled. Them's the breaks.

Called HP SMB about my 32 gb touchpad order that I ordered around 1:00 PM EST on Sunday and was told it is scheduled to ship on Aug. 30.

Don't know what to say about those that ordered within seconds and got cancelled.. :/

Bad luck I guess. It happened to me as well on HPs SMB site. I did the whole refreshing thing over and over and actually got an order in but it was never processed. Highly unlikely that'll come in but if it does I'm sure one of you guys would be willing to purchase it from me since I don't need it.

Good luck with your other orders I guess. Not much use really worrying about it. If you don't get lucky with anything I'm sure there will be more opportunities sooner or later. The market is flooded with these things now.

[quote name='UNC5052']Called HP SMB about my 32 gb touchpad order that I ordered around 1:00 PM EST on Sunday and was told it is scheduled to ship on Aug. 30.[/QUOTE]

how long did it take you to get through. I was on hold yesterday for over 2 hours and gave up. I'd lie to call them and cancel my order so I can free it up for someone else.

[quote name='IronZombie']Good luck with your other orders I guess. Not much use really worrying about it. If you don't get lucky with anything I'm sure there will be more opportunities sooner or later. The market is flooded with these things now.[/QUOTE]

Meh. This isn't my first deal so I knew what to expect. :lol:

I ordered from five different online sites and hit up more than 10 B&M stores and did finally manage to get one so I am happy. I really just can't wait until someone figures out how to use this thing as a dedicated second display.

Since I can't leave feedback for OnSale on Amazon I went ahead and emailed Amazon and told them about the horrible expeience I had. Don't know if this will do much but at least Amazon will hear about it. Now I have to wait for HP to put them back on sale and hope I can beat the hoarders to them...

I have had just the worst luck with this. Bestbuy turned a group of us waiting when they opened away that Saturday morning they went on sale and turned around and sold them later that day. My order kept crashing at the payment screen from HP. Now my order from onSale just got cancelled. This has been such a mess. Sucks people are allowed to by 5, 10, 100+ to resell while others who want just 1 get snubbed.

Sorry to those who missed out and grats to those who got one.

bread's done
Back