HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
Its just the same as Ipad, 10volts, 2ish amps for a power line. Wont hardly find that on most onboard usb ports on PCs. In a pinch have used the heavy duty cable for ipad to charge it. Not ideal, but better than trickle charging.

damn...over 8K posts, and over 534K views!!! been keeping an eye on this.

Any chance left for an in-store anywhere? Anyone got 2 and wanting to trade for it? Thought I'd ask. Maybe just call around and bug some employees.

[quote name='zarathstra']11 minutes and SLOWLY counting, actually.[/QUOTE]

Even though it shows as "in store only", chances are that the store has already handed out their "tickets" to people waiting in line before the store opened this morning.

The store in Muncy, PA that I was trying to deal with today showed that they became "in store only" at roughly 1PM Eastern, even though the employees said that they received their shipment at midnight last night. Be prepared for their inventory tracker being somewhere between 4-5 hours behind.

[quote name='Vader582']For those lucky souls with a Touchpad:
@HPAcademy: How about a new look for that new Touchpad? Check out stealtharmor and use the coupon code HPFIRESALE for a great deal http://t.co/wJ25tt0[/QUOTE]

I like this but I already have the HP Folio case so that I can stand the thing up. At $26 it might be worth it for the front protector (although i would still put the back on) because this thing really does collect finger smudges. Anyone know if the front film is anti-smudge? I really looking for the best smudge reducer. It is crazy how even after washing my hands this thing collects the oils.

[quote name='mikebbc74']Even though it shows as "in store only", chances are that the store has already handed out their "tickets" to people waiting in line before the store opened this morning.

The store in Muncy, PA that I was trying to deal with today showed that they became "in store only" at roughly 1PM Eastern, even though the employees said that they received their shipment at midnight last night. Be prepared for their inventory tracker being somewhere between 4-5 hours behind.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it updated shortly after my last post. I guess i'll just keep an eye on the HP site and hope.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Keep in mind, when I say trickle charge it really is a trickle. If the touchpad is sitting there doing nothing it will charge up at few percent per hour. If you are still using it though your percentages will still go down but at a lower rate than if it was not connected to anything.[/QUOTE]
So what you're saying is it takes a while for it to charge? :whistle2:k So far I haven't charged it at all and right out of the box the battery is doing pretty well so I suppose there's that.

LOL!! Best Buy (Bay Area, CA) now has a pre-recorded message saying they are completely sold out of the HP Touchpads. So ironic, since HP is actually in our backyard. Hmmm...wonder if I can walk onto their campus and buy one? Heeheehee.... =)

[quote name='btw1217']I think prices on eBay are slowly starting to slump.[/QUOTE]
I wonder if the hoarders/resellers will have a firesale?! :lol:

[quote name='cancerman1120']I like this but I already have the HP Folio case so that I can stand the thing up. At $26 it might be worth it for the front protector (although i would still put the back on) because this thing really does collect finger smudges. Anyone know if the front film is anti-smudge? I really looking for the best smudge reducer. It is crazy how even after washing my hands this thing collects the oils.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I picked up one of the official Folio cases last night for the built-in stand feature too, just in case I get lucky and am able to buy one.
However, this
touch-pad-carbon-fiber.jpg
did catch my eye, esp. for $20-ish.

[quote name='zarathstra']Yeah, it updated shortly after my last post. I guess i'll just keep an eye on the HP site and hope.[/QUOTE]

The thing that really ticks me off is that Best Buy still has the store at Muncy, PA showing that they are in stock and available for purchase in the store right now. As far as I'm concerned, they should not be saying that they have them since they have stated numerous times that they are "no longer available". If they have stock that is accounted for via these tickets, they should not be counted as available stock via their website.

[quote name='mikebbc74']Even though it shows as "in store only", chances are that the store has already handed out their "tickets" to people waiting in line before the store opened this morning.

The store in Muncy, PA that I was trying to deal with today showed that they became "in store only" at roughly 1PM Eastern, even though the employees said that they received their shipment at midnight last night. Be prepared for their inventory tracker being somewhere between 4-5 hours behind.[/QUOTE]

Yeah a shipment came in at the Pittsburgh Mills in PA overnight last night but the inventory tracker this morning did show them as in stock. I got my 32 GB today :D

@HPAcademy: How about a new look for that new Touchpad? Check out stealtharmor and use the coupon code HPFIRESALE for a great deal http://t.co/wJ25tt0[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cancerman1120']I like this but I already have the HP Folio case so that I can stand the thing up. At $26 it might be worth it for the front protector (although i would still put the back on) because this thing really does collect finger smudges. Anyone know if the front film is anti-smudge? I really looking for the best smudge reducer. It is crazy how even after washing my hands this thing collects the oils.[/QUOTE]

I now see they sell the front film for only $16 shipped. I wonder if it is worth the extra $10 to have the back sheet if I will be using the HP folio mostly.

[quote name='btw1217']I think prices on eBay are slowly starting to slump.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen much of a slump, but I'd bite on a 16gb for $150 if I saw one. I really wanted to get my mother one for her birthday party tomorrow, which is why I ordered a week ago. But my SMB ship date says 8/29 now, which roughly translated to reality means probably never.

[quote name='mikebbc74']The thing that really ticks me off is that Best Buy still has the store at Muncy, PA showing that they are in stock and available for purchase in the store right now. As far as I'm concerned, they should not be saying that they have them since they have stated numerous times that they are "no longer available". If they have stock that is accounted for via these tickets, they should not be counted as available stock via their website.[/QUOTE]
Dammit, I kinda wish you'd've said Muncie, IN so I could make an obscure Hudsucker Proxy reference.

i can't get a touchstone charger anywhere. . . .anywhere for under $50 bucks anyway. Looks like the hoarder market is thriving. I'm really hoping amazon gets these back in stock (not 3rd party sellers).

Where do you even enter the code at? What does it take the cost down to(cuz $35 for a case is f'n ridiculous to me)?

I had to make an account(with all fake info) just to proceed to checkout where I figured it'd be easy to find the spot to put the code in.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Where do you even enter the code at? What does it take the cost down to(cuz $35 for a case is f'n ridiculous to me)?

I had to make an account(with all fake info) just to proceed to checkout where I figured it'd be easy to find the spot to put the code in.[/QUOTE]
Once you place it in your cart and attempt to checkout, there's a spot towards the bottom to fill-in that says "coupon" or something to that effect, at least it was there for me. I agree $35 is a bit nuts, esp. in this instance.

EDIT: It's not showing up for me now either. Maybe the code had limited uses? You'd still think the entry box would be there though...

[quote name='IronZombie']So what you're saying is it takes a while for it to charge? :whistle2:k So far I haven't charged it at all and right out of the box the battery is doing pretty well so I suppose there's that.[/QUOTE]

No, it charges fast when plugged into a wall charger. Just don't expect it to charge fast when connected to a computer USB port is all.

[quote name='Vader582']Once you place it in your cart and attempt to checkout, there's a spot towards the bottom to fill-in that says "coupon" or something to that effect, at least it was there for me. I agree $35 is a bit nuts, esp. in this instance.[/QUOTE]
I'd pay like $10 MAX SHIPPED for a case/screen protector. Otherwise I'll just scrub my hands vigorously before using this thing. Either that or I'll order the $5 screen protector that's due to come in stock Sept. 5th on AMZ or the $8 one shipped by Amazon with a used game for $20 something to get free shipping.;)

[quote name='cRodz']just got it
omgomgomg

cant download update though[/QUOTE]

I had a lot of trouble also. I probably tried a 100 times the night I got it. I wake up fairly early in the morning for work and tried it and it went through pretty quickly. I think their servers are getting hammered pretty hard right now.

[quote name='joshrocker']I had a lot of trouble also. I probably tried a 100 times the night I got it. I wake up fairly early in the morning for work and tried it and it went through pretty quickly. I think their servers are getting hammered pretty hard right now.[/QUOTE]

maybe its my router

I sometimes get problems with my notebook too
it keeps saying "unable to connect" gah

WebOS is pretty fun.
I'm going to download some music and listen as I try and download the update even if it takes me a lifetime

wow that took a while
I am typing from it too :cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'd pay like $10 MAX SHIPPED for a case/screen protector. Otherwise I'll just scrub my hands vigorously before using this thing. Either that or I'll order the $5 screen protector that's due to come in stock Sept. 5th on AMZ or the $8 one shipped by Amazon with a used game for $20 something to get free shipping.;)[/QUOTE]
what are the links for those?

I finally checked my order status and managed to find an update. It's showing a tentative ship date of 09/11/11 with delivery on 09/14/11.

Hopefully it'll be earlier.

If you don't have luck with the tracking link, try this one:
https://h20497.www2.hp.com/os/public.tcl

Use the HP order # you received from the order confirmation email in the HP order number field, and for the PO date, use the order date of your order. The "Web order #" may be the temporary order # you received before getting your confirmation email from HP, and you can use that number in the appropriate field.

Got mine in today from Brandsmart USA.

That was fast considering I was on backorder with them. That's one 32gb down.

2 more 32gb's to go for the in-laws. Comeon HP SMB! You can DOOOO IIIIT!

...HP customer service sucks....Currently at 1hr 32 minutes and still waiting to speak to someone...Why did they have to schedule my delivery while I was out of town :(

[quote name='Ace_Defective']I had to go to my aunts house to do the setup. Now I'm off to get a new router.[/QUOTE]You might want to try changing the wireless channel on your router to 11 and see if that helps.

I had a Sony Dash that wouldn't connect properly to my home network until I changed the channel to 11. Once I did that, not an issue.

i am pissed off i have to use HP Play to transfer my music!
wtf
I dont like this since it reminds me of iTunes

Where is my drag n drop HP?

[quote name='cRodz']i am pissed off i have to use HP Play to transfer my music!
wtf
I dont like this since it reminds me of iTunes

Where is my drag n drop HP?[/QUOTE]

I plugged it into my computer and accessed the memory directly, pasted some music files into the downloads area and it found them.

[quote name='shrike4242']You might want to try changing the wireless channel on your router to 11 and see if that helps.

I had a Sony Dash that wouldn't connect properly to my home network until I changed the channel to 11. Once I did that, not an issue.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll try that tonight. I'll wait on buying the new router.

Anybody know what's going on with the WebOS update? I go to the system settings and check for updates, the update shows up, I tap to download it and it says "downloading.." and after a while it just says "unable to download." This is happening on both the TPs I have and it's not letting me update.

Is there another way to do this?

[quote name='IronZombie']Anybody know what's going on with the WebOS update? I go to the system settings and check for updates, the update shows up, I tap to download it and it says "downloading.." and after a while it just says "unable to download." This is happening on both the TPs I have and it's not letting me update.

Is there another way to do this?[/QUOTE]

Yes, this happened to me when I first got my TP. Keep downloading until it completes and installed. It took me a couple of hours to complete.

[quote name='IronZombie']Anybody know what's going on with the WebOS update? I go to the system settings and check for updates, the update shows up, I tap to download it and it says "downloading.." and after a while it just says "unable to download." This is happening on both the TPs I have and it's not letting me update.

Is there another way to do this?[/QUOTE]

Wonder if it's an HP issue. I am having the same issue but it's not my router as I updated another touchpad last week.

[quote name='Drahken']I plugged it into my computer and accessed the memory directly, pasted some music files into the downloads area and it found them.[/QUOTE]

awesome, i just saw this "HPMusic" folder that was created when i transferred some albums
Although, the way it files the music is...weird.
Artist > Album > Songs is the way i been used to.

what about cover art?

my cover art is "cover.jpg" for all my albums
300 x 300 jpgs

Yes, i am anal about cover art!

ah guess i am going to find out in a few :)

Well, just found out one of my local stores is going to have some tomorrow, but they weren't sure on the quantity. They'll be giving out line tickets. I'm seriously debating camping out or getting there very very early.

Alright guys, I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread to ask questions/get help with your new HP Touchpad (link). I've made it a wiki post.

Quick question. When everyone is talking about tickets from BB, what exactly are they talking about? Is it like black friday where you stood in line and the first X number of people got a ticket/number and then when the store opened, they were redeemed?

The reason I ask is because I just received an unexpected call from my BB that my Touchpad is ready. they said I am number 3 and I need my ticket to pick it up. I placed an order for store pickup on Sunday, but it was cancelled since they did not have them in store. I have not received any ticket or waited in line. This is very odd.

[quote name='Panda']Yes, this happened to me when I first got my TP. Keep downloading until it completes and installed. It took me a couple of hours to complete.[/QUOTE]

Alright thanks I'll keep trying I guess. Kind of an awkward thing.. I'm running Fios and my internet connection is pretty good so it can't possibly be the connection.. I'll keep trying though.

[quote name='confoosious']Wonder if it's an HP issue. I am having the same issue but it's not my router as I updated another touchpad last week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah again I have a great internet connection, high speed wireless network, all that jazz.. I'm able to load up full episodes online using the TP's internet browser pretty much instantly. (Btw, ch131 (for those who use it) is confirmed to work on it). It might just be an HP issue. At this point I'm not doubting that since they pretty much dropped the TP like a hot potato/grenade that just had its pin pulled.

[quote name='jbrun85']any news on in store prices for accessories @ walmart?[/QUOTE]

They were full price when I went in there two days ago. You might be able to get them to price match their site but that's a YMMV.

Something Thing happening to me with downloads. Seems like it is breaking connection with the HP DL site as I can still browse the web and access the router itself.

bread's done
Back