HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rbarba4']I'm used to tabbed browsing so I've been opening the links in new cards instead of using the back button.

Have you tried clicking on the 2nd page for the deals forum then clicking the 1st page to refresh? That might do it[/QUOTE]

That seems like one solution. But I was wondering if it was a) user error b) a preference I was missing or c) just a shitty browser.

Between the Hurricane coming up the East Coast of the U.S...

The Earthquake in Washington D.C...

And the extremely low price on the HP Tablet...

I'm convinced these are signs of the Armageddon!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie'][quote name='spidey35']

By your logic, your "whole family" shares the same toothbrush. You may want to ask your wife for some lessons in common sense.[/QUOTE]
Toothbrushes aren't being discontinued moron. go drink some more coffee so you can continue to do stupid things.

[quote name='Lemarfanz']Between the Hurricane coming up the East Coast of the U.S...

The Earthquake in Washington D.C...

And the extremely low price on the HP Tablet...

I'm convinced these are signs of the Armageddon![/QUOTE]

Atleast i will be gone with the Hp Touchpad :D

[quote name='spidey35'][quote name='ChunLiBarbie']
Toothbrushes aren't being discontinued moron. go drink some more coffee so you can continue to do stupid things.[/QUOTE]

A male with a wife who is a ' teacher' and, also, has a daughter....calling someone a "moron" because he has ZERO/0 common sense? Coming from you, I'm NOT surprised. I feel bad for your daughter, being raised by such FILTH. They should've had you FIXED.;)

[quote name='DJ_Tet']free apps are all gone

I should have tried them earlier today, damnit I didn't think they would disappear that fast :([/QUOTE]
It wouldn't have done any good. They were all used up and gone yesterday.

[quote name='Maskim']It wouldn't have done any good. They were all used up and gone yesterday.[/QUOTE]

:D i put the code in but however, bird hadnt successfully install for me...perhap one day

[quote name='Carlanga'] waiting now for the touchstone to drop to $20 or less before getting one since I have seen a couple around me. [/QUOTE]

im beginning to think the touchstone won't be getting much cheaper then it already is. They're about impossible to find now outside of the 3rd party sellers who are trying to flip them. I tried several places online tonight to get one for the $40 asking price and didnt have any luck.

[quote name='Lemarfanz']The Earthquake in Washington D.C...[/QUOTE]
Don't believe everything on the news. The earthquake actually hit a rural (Louisa) area between Richmond, VA and Charlottesville, VA...about 2 hours away from DC.

[quote name='Nagasami']:D i put the code in but however, bird hadnt successfully install for me...perhap one day[/QUOTE]
The bird one is the only one I didn't get. I almost did, but right as I was about to redeem the code, it occurred to me that I don't give half a crap about birds or listening to their calls, and I decided to leave the code available for someone out there who does.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I hope they offer the free apps again since I was not updated last night so I missed the camera one. However, I got glimpse which I'm using now. I also got sparkle and big boss neither of which I have tested yet.[/QUOTE]

I hope they offer them again. I missed them as well. :(

[quote name='DJ_Tet']free apps are all gone

I should have tried them earlier today, damnit I didn't think they would disappear that fast :([/QUOTE]

I was a little upset about the app situation. I saw the blog today at work when I got home they were already sold out. I know they were free and all and I almost feel like I dont have the right to complain but I was a little frustrated.

Well it took forever but I finally got the software update to download and install.

the trick is to throw away the card when it says download failed.. throw away the card and re-load the update and it will continue the download from where it stopped.

[quote name='Maskim']The bird one is the only one I didn't get. I almost did, but right as I was about to redeem the code, it occurred to me that I don't give half a crap about birds or listening to their calls, and I decided to leave the code available for someone out there who does.[/QUOTE]

OT:

As much as I don't care for the, overused, word epic....your avatar is LEGENDARY!!!!!

[quote name='kevgret']Well it took forever but I finally got the software update to download and install.

the trick is to throw away the card when it says download failed.. throw away the card and re-load the update and it will continue the download from where it stopped.[/QUOTE]

I had no issues downloading when I got home but when I was trying on the work's wifi...my goodness was that horrible.

the touchstone just went back in stock at amazon with free shipping. Its $56, same price as HP's website. Since these were selling out I decided to go ahead and order one now instead of taking the chance that I won't be able to get one later.

I failed at a Touchpad case at 4 stores tonight. Walmart wouldn't price match anyone without a 'newspaper ad' (gargle my balls, walmart), even though their policy says "local price". Staples lied and said they had them in stock, when all they really had was Touchstones and Keyboards for $50 and $40, respectively. The BB douche laughed, then tried to sell me an iPad, despite the tracker saying they had them.

Oh well...not tonight!

[quote name='DeathDream']I had no issues downloading when I got home but when I was trying on the work's wifi...my goodness was that horrible.[/QUOTE]

My touchpad won't even connect to my works wi fi.. something about the encription not compatible with the touchpad... alot of people are reporting the same issues.

[quote name='Ronin317']I failed at a Touchpad case at 4 stores tonight. Walmart wouldn't price match anyone without a 'newspaper ad' (gargle my balls, walmart), even though their policy says "local price". Staples lied and said they had them in stock, when all they really had was Touchstones and Keyboards for $50 and $40, respectively. The BB douche laughed, then tried to sell me an iPad, despite the tracker saying they had them.

Oh well...not tonight![/QUOTE]

sounds like an adventure, nice tries

Well I am officially getting at least one of my four. My Onsale was cancelled but my 3 from HP SMB are still in limbo. My HP academy should be on my doorstep by tuesday. I already got my paper.......

Would be nice to spawn off a new thread for people who already have a TouchPad to chat about apps/etc so those of us who are still trying to find one can just get deal-related news. It's hard to go through so many pages just to get caught up on what's going on.

[quote name='kevgret']My touchpad won't even connect to my works wi fi.. something about the encription not compatible with the touchpad... alot of people are reporting the same issues.[/QUOTE]

check what you are using b/g/n. I had my router on 802.11n only and my touchpad wasn't connecting. Changed it to 802.11g and it connected.

[quote name='DeathDream']check what you are using b/g/n. I had my router on 802.11n only and my touchpad wasn't connecting. Changed it to 802.11g and it connected.[/QUOTE]

I can't switch my router at work because I do not work in IT.

This dosen't happen with my iphone or my co workers android phone so it shouldn't happen with this thing..

Went to Walmart to get my 2 HP cases plus 1 Touchstone Charger matched. Used the Best Buy print outs from their site to match.

A few things to note (YMMV of course):

1) They would only match 1 of each. I told her ok I'll just come back another time to adjust or return the other one. My honesty was apparently hilarious.

2) I originally bought them from Walmart on the 24th. The Best Buy print out was from the 26th. She questioned whether Best Buy had them on sale on the 24th and I didnt understand what she had asked at first and she just kind of forgot about it. (Though yes they were on sale at BB on the 24th)

3) Stupidly, after the refund for one of each was complete I asked in passing if they price matched their own site. She said no as I figured. However, her manager overheard and said that as of a couple days ago they do match their own online prices. I had already processed the return and there was a line so I basically just let it go but I could have saved another $11 on the case/charger had I known. Maybe I'll go back in a day or two and give it a shot.

[quote name='Nagasami']So amazon lowered the HP wireless keyboard to 34.99[/QUOTE]

at this point it looks like im not getting one, but at the same time on the off chance i do i dont want the accessories to be sold out. :whee:

[quote name='seether254']at this point it looks like im not getting one, but at the same time on the off chance i do i dont want the accessories to be sold out. :whee:[/QUOTE]

I wanted one so I could type papers using Google Doc, I would think if the demand is high they would easily make more...

I got all 3 accessories from BB online store came out to be $91...so $40 Touchstone, $35 keyboard, $16 for case..lol...also got one wireless keyboard from amazon when it was $40 but im returning it.

[quote name='Nagasami']So amazon lowered the HP wireless keyboard to 34.99[/QUOTE]

I got the case and touchstone coming but for some reason I can't bring myself to buy the keyboard. I don't think I'm going to use this thing as a pure laptop substitute so I should be ok with the virtual keyboard. If I need to do heavy typing I'll just jump on my laptop..

it is a good deal so thanks for the heads up

[quote name='Nagasami']I wanted one so I could type papers using Google Doc, I would think if the demand is high they would easily make more...[/QUOTE]

I think whats going on is that HP has orders that its going to try to fill so it will make only enough to fill those orders, then once those are gone were all SOL.

My laptop 17" so i cant carry to campus so the keyboard is needed if i wanna actually write paper, however im hoping they will release an Office app that doesnt require internet

[quote name='kevgret']I can't switch my router at work because I do not work in IT.

This dosen't happen with my iphone or my co workers android phone so it shouldn't happen with this thing..[/QUOTE]

Those are not a TP. All my devices worked too, but my TP. Just letting you know what fixed it for me. Even though this devices is suppose to support 802.11n

Man all I really want is one! Sucks to see people get 5+ just to flip :bomb:. Went to 3 different best buys in the IE this morning and they all confirmed that they were done getting shipment & i heard that basically there are no more in stock in Cali at all. Ordered from BN.com, howardcomputers.com, the HP SMB yet they are canceled (or in the process of getting canceled) & tried to get an order with Aaron's. Anyone out here in So. Cali still trying to get one? I guess my last resort is hoping that ebay prices go down under $200 or a fellow CAG can help me out! :bouncy:

[quote name='Maskim']It wouldn't have done any good. They were all used up and gone yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for some peace of mind, I didn't get my pad from HP until today :/

[quote name='DJ_Tet']Thanks for some peace of mind, I didn't get my pad from HP until today :/[/QUOTE]

Atleast another bunch of apps will be free in Sept :D

bread's done
Back