HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
If and when I decide to sell my TouchPad, where would be the best place to meet a craigslist buyer? I was thinking maybe in the police station parking lot:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Nope. Nowhere near there. I'm actually in the Tri-State(NY/NJ/PA) area.[/QUOTE]

im in NJ, we ran out of water in my supermarket today LOL. IRENE!!

[quote name='skateraXVIII']If and when I decide to sell my TouchPad, where would be the best place to meet a craigslist buyer? I was thinking maybe in the police station parking lot:lol:[/QUOTE]

I read somewhere that if you do it inside of a bank, it would be a federal crime if they tried to rob you.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']If and when I decide to sell my TouchPad, where would be the best place to meet a craigslist buyer? I was thinking maybe in the police station parking lot:lol:[/QUOTE]
Walmart, somewhere near the front doors. Not only is it packed, there're cameras everywhere.

1st post and right away wanted to thank CAG and its community. Been a lurker for quite some time and finally made an account this week. Was able to get a BB.com order in last weekend and my TP arrived on Tuesday, probably wouldn't have learned about this deal so quickly if it wasn't for CAG.

Just a quick question and was wondering if anybody was having the same problem that I have. I've downloaded more than a handful of apps with no problem installing them, however, every app I try to install now (paid or free) gets stuck on "installing" and just will not go any further than that. It's quite frustrating and I'm not sure what to do and was hoping I can get some help from someone here who may have an idea. I tried google but couldn't find anything. Will keep trying in the mean time and just hope that someone is having the same problem and found a solution. Thanks in advance!

Just wanted to throw this out there; Google Music works perfectly, I haven't tried Amazon's cloud storage but I assume that works fine too, I love this device more and more everyday.

Got my hands on a Griffin Folio case, it fits great, and for 10 bucks the price can't be beat! I also broke down and ordered the bluetooth keyboard from best buy, used the free shipping link and a $15 gift card I found laying around, so all told the keyboard was 22 bucks out of pocket, hope it is worth it! Anybody have experience with the keyboard?

[quote name='hhhdx4']Just wanted to throw this out there; Google Music works perfectly, I haven't tried Amazon's cloud storage but I assume that works fine too, I love this device more and more everyday.[/QUOTE]
Would that be a better alternative to having music on the device? I know I won't always have wifi especially if I'm out and about somewhere so it kind of defeats the purpose. When I'm home I can just open up iTunes and listen..

Told some developers at PAX to support webOS and they snickered at me. Idiots don't realize what a marketshare boost this thing is getting now, and how starved users will be for content compared to the million games on iOS. It's a goldmine opportunity for any developer with a brain.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Told some developers at PAX to support webOS and they snickered at me. Idiots don't realize what a marketshare boost this thing is getting now, and how starved users will be for content compared to the million games on iOS. It's a goldmine opportunity for any developer with a brain.[/QUOTE]

WebOS is dying. It would be pointless for any developer wanting to make money to start supporting it now.

[quote name='cadeSILVER']Shouldn't any Pre app run on the TouchPad, just in a small phone window?[/QUOTE]
I'm not really sure.. where would I be able to get this though?

Not sure how I did it but I borked the HP app catalog. Every time I try to load it now, two cards open up; one card show a smartphone size window that's white and the other card is the browser directed to http://index.html/ and it gives a prompt of "ERROR Unable to resolve host".

I had update to latest webos version. Tried to downlad apps but would fail at install. Saw that there were updates to HP app, Adobe so dl'd those. During ththe HP app dl, it froze and gave me error message to restore HP app catalog. Couldn't quit, so clicked to restore and that seemed to screw it up.:cry:

Anyone know how to restore the HP app?

[quote name='TheDudeAbides']Just a quick question and was wondering if anybody was having the same problem that I have. I've downloaded more than a handful of apps with no problem installing them, however, every app I try to install now (paid or free) gets stuck on "installing" and just will not go any further than that. It's quite frustrating and I'm not sure what to do and was hoping I can get some help from someone here who may have an idea. I tried google but couldn't find anything. Will keep trying in the mean time and just hope that someone is having the same problem and found a solution. Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

If you get that visualboy app, let us know if it fills the whole screen on the touchpad. Those apps that only fill up a small phone size block of the screen are so annoying and look so tacky that it drive a man to punching puppies.

Ah, my posts got removed for talking about an emulator. Sorry about that mods (though emulators themselves are legal, and I didn't link to ROMs at all [:/]), won't happen again.

[quote name='cadeSILVER']Ah, my posts got removed for talking about an emulator. Sorry about that mods (though emulators themselves are legal, and I didn't link to ROMs at all [:/]), won't happen again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, so did mine. I don't see why they remove our posts when it's in the app store itself without any modding,etc

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Told some developers at PAX to support webOS and they snickered at me. Idiots don't realize what a marketshare boost this thing is getting now, and how starved users will be for content compared to the million games on iOS. It's a goldmine opportunity for any developer with a brain.[/QUOTE]

LOL.... no... just stop. Please. There is a reason why everyone is trying to get Android on the webOS.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Yeah, so did mine. I don't see why they remove our posts when it's in the app store itself without any modding,etc[/QUOTE]
Mine too.. :whistle2:k they have a SNES emulator in the app store for the TP so I'm not sure why it's against the rules to even mention the word lol. I didn't link to anything and I didn't ask to be linked. Weird..

thanks to this thread I was able to get a touchpad my first try getting it in store Thursday morning thanks to the stock checker on the first post and reading peoples post about their trys at getting them at their local best buy to encourage my weak will to make the 90 min bus ride to the local store.

I had a short 2 hour wait and a store worker even came out early to pass out tickets. When he was taking count of the line near me he replied to someone who asked that he wasn't counting kids in line and that messed thing up for one young man who's family was further back in line since he was refused a ticket since that would knock the last person he counted in line according to their stock out of a chance to get one after the line already being cut off after her.

once I got the touchpad home and charged it up I jumped right into messing with it without any general ideas of what it could offer me that the convinence of my netbook and blackberry already provide.

ended up quickly applying some small tweaks for performance and overclocking the CPU. After some various searching I found a media player that could handle playing small encoded anime mkv. Gets a little bit overloaded with some 480p files but most of the ones I tried are from very good to tolerable. Haven't been able to switch audio or turn subs on and off but it is still better than what I would expect since this tablet was released rather recently.

just as a media player without tv out function I'm very pleased with the priced paid for it since it has a alot
of other functions and it can replace my broken ipod I used to watch shows on which had a much smaller screen and couldn't play mkv/wmv/FLV files that the touchpad was able to play.

I've done this everytime I sold anything on CL.

To help out...I ordered from Hp's SMB on 08/20, and have received two confirmation emails. Status is still ADMIN, but the initially charged my card when I ordered. First confrim was was about 30 min after I ordered. Second was that Tuesday, but, charge was dropped on my card. Ordered with free shipping and have yet to receive a ship confirm, but noticed on the second confirm "bestway" was shipping it....

Cut it out now.enough HP crap .ordered thr 3 diff site .all orders cancelled .its just a hype .only way to get it is in store if available.let it die in peace now

I conduct all my craigslist transaction in a dark alleyway in the middle of no where. I have had no trouble as of yet.

who the fuck knows if smb is going to ship.....I've no shipping confirm, and nothing beyond my order being confirmed.......no charge at all on my card.

I guess I'm to chicken, but I'd never sell something on CL and have them come to my house. Even if you didn't get ripped off at that very moment I think you'd be settling the table for something later.

my wife got on a big craigslist kick for awhile and it was the most annoying thing in the world. The final straw was when she had me drive 30 minutes for some beat up bookshelf. I kept telling her I'd just buy her a new bookshelf but she insisted that we go get this because it was free. When we got there in was in terrible shape but she insisted we still take it. Its been sitting in the garage now for 4 years and being used for absolutely nothing.

[quote name='joshrocker']I guess I'm to chicken, but I'd never sell something on CL and have them come to my house. Even if you didn't get ripped off at that very moment I think you'd be settling the table for something later.

my wife got on a big craigslist kick for awhile and it was the most annoying thing in the world. The final straw was when she had me drive 30 minutes for some beat up bookshelf. I kept telling her I'd just buy her a new bookshelf but she insisted that we go get this because it was free. When we got there in was in terrible shape but she insisted we still take it. Its been sitting in the garage now for 4 years and being used for absolutely nothing.[/QUOTE]

lol throw that $hit away

Here's a bitter twist on my hp order (the one I wanted for me; my other order was supposed to be for my gf):
- So my order at hp SB has been sitting in limbo, but I assumed it would all work out in the end. Yesterday, all of the sudden my only card (a debit card) stopped being accepted in cash machines. Went to the bank and it turns out some little f*cking frog in Paris started using my acct. to buy a bunch of worthless crap through Blizzard. So because the creep just couldn't live without a Fiery Mace of Infinity for his WoW character, my card has been nixed. The earliest I'll get a replacement is on Tuesday. Guess what happens if my order somehow gets processed before then.
And even when I get the new card, good luck changing the payment method on the touchpad . . . Oh, I know! I'll just call hp and they'll make the change lickety split! I'm sure their call centers have plenty of open lines . . .

[quote name='joshrocker']I guess I'm to chicken, but I'd never sell something on CL and have them come to my house. Even if you didn't get ripped off at that very moment I think you'd be settling the table for something later.

my wife got on a big craigslist kick for awhile and it was the most annoying thing in the world. The final straw was when she had me drive 30 minutes for some beat up bookshelf. I kept telling her I'd just buy her a new bookshelf but she insisted that we go get this because it was free. When we got there in was in terrible shape but she insisted we still take it. Its been sitting in the garage now for 4 years and being used for absolutely nothing.[/QUOTE]

have them come to your house?
that is horrible.
If i ever tried CL, i would do it on the Penn (Big Train) Station here in Newark. People are everywhere walking but never show a stranger my house

^^ never! I do the same. Someone could feel cheated and want some type of revenge or just try and come back for their money. NO NO not meeeee. I use my google voice number and block them after the transaction is done

[quote name='Jello1996']Im in line at best buy. Almost 7am and about 75 ppl. This is my last retail effort.[/QUOTE]

Did you say there are 75 people there? What state ? where are you at? What number are you?

[quote name='gepet0']Did you say there are 75 people there? What state ? where are you at? What number are you?[/QUOTE]

Alpharetta ga. Im about #60. Word is they have 125 touchpads. Probably 125 ppl now too and more coming.

[quote name='Jello1996']Alpharetta ga. Im about #60. Word is they have 125 touchpads. Probably 125 ppl now too and more coming.[/QUOTE]

Are the employees there to maintian control or is it an honor system? Do you think they people are at all best buys or did most see the locator?

[quote name='gepet0']Are the employees there to maintian control or is it an honor system? Do you think they people are at all best buys or did most see the locator?[/QUOTE]

Handing out tickets now. They said they should have enough for the whole line!

[quote name='Jello1996']Police are now here to handle the line cutters lol[/QUOTE]

:applause:
There's always a couple in every line, isn't there?
Were they showing stock for your stores last night?

[quote name='Vader582']:applause:
There's always a couple in every line, isn't there?
Were they showing stock for your stores last night?[/QUOTE]

Nope but friends of some employees got word and showed up at midnight.

Got my 16gb ticket so im a happy "camper"

So, drove for an hour to my "local" best buy b/c there was a rumor that they were getting 10 touchpads. I've been here since 7:45AM and I'm the only one here. Hopefully they're really here. Someone should come hang out with me because I'm bored as hell.

[quote name='Jello1996']Nope but friends of some employees got word and showed up at midnight.

Got my 16gb ticket so im a happy "camper"[/QUOTE]

Congrats! :applause:
This makes me wonder if I should consider heading to the store 5 minutes down the road this morning. :whistle2:k

bread's done
Back