Huge E3 announcement: New Nintendo console named The Nintendo OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
:whee:

[quote name='lilboo']:whee:

I hear it comes with first Nintendo Ao rated game Oh Mii So Horny![/QUOTE]

Any word on an American release?

[quote name='Maklershed']Reading the live blog of the Nintendo event - sounds like a collosal snooze fest so far.[/QUOTE]
It has been. So far they've teased the new console (saving for the end of the show) and just shown 3DS titles. The new Kid Icarus looks pretty awesome actually; too bad it's wasted on a portable console.

[quote name='Jodou']It has been. So far they've teased the new console (saving for the end of the show) and just shown 3DS titles. The new Kid Icarus looks pretty awesome actually; too bad it's wasted on a portable console.[/QUOTE]

I'd love a console version of Kid Icarus. Even though I never beat it as a child, it was always one of my favorites growing up.

Wow, am I just growing out of gaming or what? I am not excited, looking forward to, happy for anything that is happening right now.

Nintendo is talking about Excitebike and Pokemon. Snore.

Wii U? WTF. . .

Already turned off by the controller. Nintendo just doesn't get it. I don't need gimmicks, when I sit down to play a game I want to play on my big screen TV and relax. This is just a glorified iPad that interacts with my TV.

If there was any faith left in Nintendo, it was lost today.

Got a replacement laptop for the one that drank the coffee and ruined the keyboard. Just a $299 Compaq. Screen is really fucking bright though. need to fix that.
Now I can go back to regular posting and subsquent dismissal.

[quote name='Jodou']Wii U? WTF. . .

Already turned off by the controller. Nintendo just doesn't get it. I don't need gimmicks, when I sit down to play a game I want to play on my big screen TV and relax. This is just a glorified iPad that interacts with my TV.

If there was any faith left in Nintendo, it was lost today.[/QUOTE]

While I agree I think the problem is that they focus to much of their effort on things of this nature. For example take the Kinect. I think the Kinect is a success because it is a add on to a already stable platform, so the more interactivity the better.

Nintendo seems to not understand the difference between add ons and core platforms.

:rofl:
Not one Nintendo game announced for the Wii U?

This whole thing might be good in theory, but so was the Wii with motion controls, and we all see how that ended.

So is the 3DS the end of the regular DS? Because it looks like we're getting cheated out of a mario game that can be played on the regular DS.

[quote name='seanr1221']Nintendo is trying to be the next Apple.[/QUOTE]

Overpriced shit that gives hipsters boners?

Confoosious or whatever the fuck his name is, is really one of the worst posters on this board.
At least when some people troll, they are funny. He is dead serious

Didn't the dreamcast have some sort of display thing in the middle of their controller as well? The new Wii thing just looks really distracting.

Seeing as how we don't use our wii for anything more than a scale (wii fit) I don't see any reason to buy this. I bought the wii soon after it came out and had such high hopes for it.

[quote name='eldergamer']Didn't the dreamcast have some sort of display thing in the middle of their controller as well? The new Wii thing just looks really distracting.

Seeing as how we don't use our wii for anything more than a scale (wii fit) I don't see any reason to buy this. I bought the wii soon after it came out and had such high hopes for it.[/QUOTE]

They basically stole the idea of the VMU, mixed it with what they did with the Gameboy to Gamecube connection, as well as Wii and DS connection...

The console, should be the console.
The controller, should be the new handheld IMO.

I wonder if the Wii U has to still be on for the game to play on the controller? I wonder how far can you go away from the console before it.. goes away.

It's a shame that the controller (from what it seems) CAN'T be a portable. Just portable around the house (or perhaps just in the same room?)

Yeah, I don't like handhelds for a reason, handhelds have never "fit" my hands comfortably. I like consoles and their typically easier-to-hold controllers. So when you force me to use handheld controls with my console, I'm out. It's rubbing salt in the wound that this half-assed handheld/tablet thingie won't even stand on its own as a handheld, that it always has to be tethered to a base console.

God, what a weird presentation that was.

I dont even wanna imagine how poor the battery life would be for the Wii U controller. No way it could last that long if it can pump out HD graphics as the same as on the tv.

Hey well, I do like the idea of still being able to play my system with the controller. For us married guys or live with significant other guys its a nice option.

God knows how many times I had to cut of the xbox so my wife can watch fucking Real Housewives.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Hey well, I do like the idea of still being able to play my system with the controller. For us married guys or live with significant other guys its a nice option.

God knows how many times I had to cut of the xbox so my wife can watch fucking Real Housewives.[/QUOTE]
You realize it will probably be cheaper to just buy another TV, right?

[quote name='Soodmeg']Hey well, I do like the idea of still being able to play my system with the controller. For us married guys or live with significant other guys its a nice option.

God knows how many times I had to cut of the xbox so my wife can watch fucking Real Housewives.[/QUOTE]

This is when I bring out my :ds: Almost anytime before turning on the :ps3: I usually ask first "Nothing on TV you want to watch? Thankfully with her just being so exhausted lately the TV is almost always mine. I never finish any :ds: games that way though.

Well I am in the camp of hating hand held system. I have only ever owned a GBA and couldnt understand why mobile gaming existed.

When I am not at my house I am much to busy doing whatever to play anything other than a throw away phone game. Then I have to constantly worry about it getting stolen or broken.

That and I also have baseball mitts for hands which is why I love the xbox controller and hate everything else.

So I guess the new Zelda will be on the regular Wii and non-HD? I am fine with that if I can get it and the system for about $150.

Weird timing for all of that.

I imagine the lab rats at Sony are now working feverishly to make the Vita do the exact same thing the WiiU controller is going to do, plan to have it out a year earlier than the WiiU, and tout it the Tokyo Game Show.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Well I am in the camp of hating hand held system. I have only ever owned a GBA and couldnt understand why mobile gaming existed.

When I am not at my house I am much to busy doing whatever to play anything other than a throw away phone game. Then I have to constantly worry about it getting stolen or broken.

That and I also have baseball mitts for hands which is why I love the xbox controller and hate everything else.[/QUOTE]

Handhelds are great for RPGS/SRPGS. They're like the only system that gets anything turn-based and old school.

And I have large hands (wear large/xtra-large gloves) and never seem to have any problems.

Handhelds are great for airline trips, playing while watching the nightly news or when you've got a half hour wait at an office. (Although I always feel slightly emberassed playing the :ds: in public)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back