Humble Bundle Thread

Some interesting sales on the Humble Store.

A tip, though. Instead of buying the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bundle and the Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Bundle take a look at the Transformers Cybertron Experience which includes all the content of each. By grabbing the combined package you save, erm, I mean spend an extra $2.51. Definitely the way to go.
Some really fun games if you like G1 Transformers... They're both just love fests from a developer (High Moon Studios) that really loves the IP.

Edit: Heh, old news. Not sure how I missed that earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone bought the Cryengine bundle? I'm really interested in it and am looking at the $13 bundle but I'm not quite sure how it works. Do the assets come with a key that I activate through the engine? Or are they just zip files containing the assets? Furthermore is the $13 bundle a good set for someone who has 0 experience with CryEngine? I've never used the engine before and I'm far from a 3d artist so I feel like it might be useful for me to mess with and have some abilities to create stuff but I was hoping for some input from others who've bought the pack.

Has anyone bought the Cryengine bundle? I'm really interested in it and am looking at the $13 bundle but I'm not quite sure how it works. Do the assets come with a key that I activate through the engine? Or are they just zip files containing the assets? Furthermore is the $13 bundle a good set for someone who has 0 experience with CryEngine? I've never used the engine before and I'm far from a 3d artist so I feel like it might be useful for me to mess with and have some abilities to create stuff but I was hoping for some input from others who've bought the pack.
skip it

Yeah I was going to say that how many people have made RPGMaker games that bought that bundle exactly? Not that I am asking for more mind you. Actually please don't. But still that was an engine that brain dead monkey could use and the vast majority of people still didn't.

Scooped the Humble Mobile Bundle. I'm one of the few people on the planet who owns a Shield TV so I thought it was a good deal for Frozen Synapse Prime and Desktop Dungeons with the $6 tier. Shield compatible games tend to not drop below $5 on the Play Store if they're decent, and the other games are icing on the cake. Grim Fandango doesn't run on any of my devices, but maybe they'll do an update to make it Shield compatible.

Yeah I was going to say that how many people have made RPGMaker games that bought that bundle exactly? Not that I am asking for more mind you. Actually please don't. But still that was an engine that brain dead monkey could use and the vast majority of people still didn't.
I have to agree with most of the other folks here. I didn't even bother with the first tier of this because, honestly, as much as we joke about it, none of us is really going to sit down with a set of tools and make an actual game (well, maybe one or two people, but most of us lack the time and/or inclination). Not only that but just having CryEngine and some pre-rendered art assets probably really isn't enough for you to make a decent game anyway. You'd need audio software to record sound effects and music, scripting tools and the ability and technical knowledge of how to use them, et cetera.

I'll get to it. Eventually.

I have to agree with most of the other folks here. I didn't even bother with the first tier of this because, honestly, as much as we joke about it, none of us is really going to sit down with a set of tools and make an actual game (well, maybe one or two people, but most of us lack the time and/or inclination). Not only that but just having CryEngine and some pre-rendered art assets probably really isn't enough for you to make a decent game anyway. You'd need audio software to record sound effects and music, scripting tools and the ability and technical knowledge of how to use them, et cetera.
On the other hand you can get that first tier for a penny.

Eh. Don't be so dismissive.

If you think you'll actually do something with Cryengine, this is probably a decent deal. That "if" is pretty big, though.
Yeah, you can be like the devs of Operation Caucasus, selling a CryEngine asset flip 10-minute demo with very few features for $10 on Steam. They lowered the base price to $1 before removing it from Steam last night. I bet they screwed over a lot of people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmgQUrpjBhc

Aren't a lot of the bundle trash nowadays asset flips anyway?

Plus most of you just buy games for the +1 so who cares if the game is good/bad or even playable.

Humble SEGA Strategy Bundle
aeoQoKeg.png
*each tier is one key*

$1

• Company of Heroes Complete Edition
    k08ZaGN.png
  • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Master Collection
    k08ZaGN.png
    +
    7Nz1zTZ.png
  • Medieval II: Total War Collection
    k08ZaGN.png
    +
    7Nz1zTZ.png
  • Rome: Total War™ Collection
    k08ZaGN.png
    +
    7Nz1zTZ.png
  • SEGA Genesis/Megadrive Strategy Pack
    k08ZaGN.png
  • [coupon] 10% off Humble Monthly for New Subscribers
BTA (lowest ~$4.36)

• Valkyria Chronicles
    k08ZaGN.png
    +
    7Nz1zTZ.png
  • Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War II - Grand Master Collection
    k08ZaGN.png
    +
    7Nz1zTZ.png
  • Eastside Hockey Manager
    k08ZaGN.png
  • Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai Collection
    k08ZaGN.png
  • [coupon] 66% off Football Manager 2016
$12

• Total War: ATTILA
    k08ZaGN.png
    +
    7Nz1zTZ.png
  • Company of Heroes 2: Master Collection
    k08ZaGN.png
    +
    7Nz1zTZ.png
[customspoiler=icons]
k08ZaGN.png
Steam key ...
8b23Ujb.png
DRM-free ...
aMeWlBI.png
soundtrack ...
7Nz1zTZ.png
cards[/customspoiler]

I'm quite interested in Valkyria Chronicles, and Rome Total War. Looks to be a good bundle depending on what you already own.

This is an excellent bundle if you don't own these games.  There is a lot of fun/content in the first tier alone.  Been playing through and loving the Warhammer 40k games lately.

Now to see if I can snag a Fall of the Samurai off somebody...

They don't mention games being added in the second week. Do they not mention that sometimes and still add stuff?
Yes they do, seems odd they don't say anything.

The BTA is tanking hard, I'm really glad I didn't buy any of the Warhammer stuff recently. :D

This is an excellent bundle if you don't own these games. There is a lot of fun/content in the first tier alone. Been playing through and loving the Warhammer 40k games lately.

Now to see if I can snag a Fall of the Samurai off somebody...
Sorry, will be more difficult since each tier is 1 key....tanks Humble...

FYI the Sega Bundle is a Single key bundle, not individual keys. 

Edit: inm8num2 beat me to it.

The $12 tier is tempting by itself since Ardennes Assault hasn't seen a good sale yet and I don't own Attila either.  I hate all the dlc these games have though, getting Attila right now might not even be worth it since there is another $60 worth of dlc for it.

Might just wait to see what is added (if anything) to the bundle next week.

I've noticed the last couple 10% Humble Monthly coupons now specifically say "Eligible for new subscribers" instead of new and current subscribers. Anyone know yet if these will work for people who have canceled their subs and want to renew?
The actual coupon text after purchase:

Coupon Terms and Conditions
Single use coupon. Coupon redeemable for 10% off Humble Monthly in a single purchase in the Humble Store. This coupon may not be combined with other identical coupons in the same transaction, and may not be combined with other Humble Bundle coupons. Coupon must be redeemed at time of checkout by following the directions provided for coupon redemption. Coupon has no cash value. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Coupon may not be reproduced, copied, purchased, traded or sold. Unauthorized transfer of coupon and internet distribution strictly prohibited.
Should work for anyone.

edit: expires June 3rd

I would buy BTA if I could give away valkyria chronicles. May do the $1 tier even though I own CoH franchise pack from a trip to Russia.

They don't mention games being added in the second week. Do they not mention that sometimes and still add stuff?
Well, actually they usually say it when they mean it, so there probably aren't any second-week unlocks on this one.

Still didn't bite, because fuck single key per tier.
I kinda feel the same way.

If you were anybody else I would think you were joking but you're you so I'm sure you're having a neurotic breakdown over it.
Well, I empathize with him. Plus no soundtracks. It's a lose-lose.

bread's done
Back