Humble Bundle Thread

Information changes a consumer's perceived value of goods. Which is why they aren't each valued at $2, even if that is the end average price paid per game.

You have information on 1/6 of the games, but not the other 5. The information on the game you have will change the value of that game and the needed value from the remaining games to "come out ahead", which is what is expected when gambling.

If the cover game was Dark Souls 3, a game most would probably value at $35+, the remaining 5 games can be worth $0 and you still come out ahead.

If the cover game was Bad Rats, a game most would value at $0, the remaining 5 games must come out to more than $12. And since it is a gamble, not a straight purchase, you likely want to come out significantly ahead and not just break even. That may or may not happen.

BLOPS3:MP is the Bad Rats scenario.
Yeah, I get that, but it's only Bad Rats if you don't like COD. And even then you can sell it off (and any other games you don't end up liking in the Monthly) to get some of your money back. So even if you value the games at zero, others don't and that can't be ignored in the calculations.

Which is fine for most of the regulars here since they haven't actually played a game in like two years.
We are all totally just waiting for all the episodes to be finished to get the full experience!

Why does nobody post the list of games included in monthlys? You guys race to make these beautifully formatted posts for Gala and Poopees but for the humble monthlys I have to actually go to the actual site like some kind of fucking pleb.
Ask and you shall receive:

Humble Monthly - July 2016

I'm pretty happy with this bundle considering how uninterested I was in the early reveal of Hurtworld. KRZ and Satellite Reign are on my wishlist and I only owned Avernum 2.

I still think it's a shame that you don't get soundtracks with monthly's.
photo-53414.png

We are all totally just waiting for all the episodes to be finished to get the full experience!

Ask and you shall receive:

Humble Monthly - July 2016

I'm pretty happy with this bundle considering how uninterested I was in the early reveal of Hurtworld. KRZ and Satellite Reign are on my wishlist and I only owned Avernum 2.
Plus DRM-free Copoka.

Had satellite reign in my steam cart and can knock a few off the wishlist. Only dupe was red solstice (y u no get wen free on orly). Decent enough for an accidental purchase. Next months is off to a bad start though.

I really wish they would greenlight the originals. I am sure enough people sub to get them instantly through the process. Have yet to play one of them because I forget they exist without them being in my steam library.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does nobody post the list of games included in monthlys? You guys race to make these beautifully formatted posts for Gala and Poopees but for the humble monthlys I have to actually go to the actual site like some kind of fucking pleb.
they are too busy hitting the Group Buys steam group to pick off bundle splits. I got spodered by like 5 seconds on one that had kentucky route zero still available when i found the post.

they are too busy hitting the Group Buys steam group to pick off bundle splits. I got spodered by like 5 seconds on one that had kentucky route zero still available when i found the post.
That's part of the reason I subscribe. Trying to get those extras at a decent price in Group Buys is a frustrating experience.

Im glad i unsubbed,  That would have been a bad bundle for me.   Im only mildly interested in kentucky at the bundle split price of $2.

Even gettting spodered on the group buy isnt that big a deal.

mehh. mediocre bundle...and really call of duty multiplayer pack as headliner? Are they already struggling to find decent games to headline bundles?

y u so jellos that I was faster than you in a split. I told FissFiss that he should sell KRZ to you.. like immediately after I got a copy. Go PM him and stop saying u were spodered in every post plsthx.

Also, that guy from Group Buys wouldn't have sold to you, he prioritized multibuys and I offered for both KRZ and Satellite Reign.

They figure this will bring in the AAA sh00tah plebs... and they're probably right.
Thing is most of the AAA shooter fans either already own CoD BOIII or they have another shooter they like more. I consider myself a fan of shooters but between Overwatch and CS GO I have no real interest in owning BOIII, especially the starter. Honestly the full version of Black Ops II would have been way more interesting to me.

y u so jellos that I was faster than you in a split. I told FissFiss that he should sell KRZ to you.. like immediately after I got a copy. Go PM him and stop saying u were spodered in every post plsthx.

Also, that guy from Group Buys wouldn't have sold to you, he prioritized multibuys and I offered for both KRZ and Satellite Reign.
Multibuys is a prime spoder technique.

I can't explain it.  There's probably 30 games on my wishlist that, even overpriced at the $12 entry fee, I'd still take a gamble on the remaining games.  But they go with Cowadoody DLC.

Nowadays when there's a game I kind of want, I just click "add to wishlist" and pretend I bought it. There are way too many games in my library that I "kind of wanted" but never played, because really - ain't nobody got time fo dat. And if I'll most likely never play it anyway, what difference does it make whether I actually own it or whether it's just on my wishlist?

mehh. mediocre bundle...and really call of duty multiplayer pack as headliner? Are they already struggling to find decent games to headline bundles?
They're the 800 pound gorilla and I think most indies and even publishers would be happy to have their games featured. It's more likely they're trying to appeal to a wider audience of dumbass kids and consoletards

The player counts of Call of Duty games on PC have declined quite considerably, as titles like CSGO dominate the PC market. I call for a complete and total shutdown of Call of Duty games on PC until we figure out what the hell is going on.

please, you love the attention and the new notch in the spoder legend. Noone believes you are butthurt. Thanks for the shoutout to fissfiss although i threw my line in the cesspool and may have gotten a nibble. Bros before Fox's mom.

please, you love the attention and the new notch in the spoder legend. Noone believes you are butthurt. Thanks for the shoutout to fissfiss although i threw my line in the cesspool and may have gotten a nibble. Bros before Fox's mom.
Leave Spoder Alone! He's been busy massaging his wrists on his Muff Luv mouse pad okay?

Leave Spoder Alone! He's been busy massaging his wrists on his Muff Luv mouse pad okay?
You know.. I didn't even know about the Muv Luv merchandise until you posted, then later I went and read one of my Kickstarter backer emails and realized the merchandise was listed. Now I'm wondering how the hell you found out about it lol. Closet weeaboo much?

For real, had no idea you had so much interest in this stuff.

No, I really don't want that kind of attention. Rather than complain about missing out on a split, just ask me for help. I was going to tell you about FissFiss but you were offline at the time.

You know.. I didn't even know about the Muv Luv merchandise until you posted, then later I went and read one of my Kickstarter backer emails and realized the merchandise was listed. Now I'm wondering how the hell you found out about it lol. Closet weeaboo much?

For real, had no idea you had so much interest in this stuff.
I $1-ed it because you were trying so hard to talk people into buying that expensive edition and flipping it like a console person or something just in case I changed my mind and wanted to back kit later but I never did. eh.

I admit it kind of fascinates me though just how messed up the weeaboo fandom is. I mean I didn't go looking for it it just popped up in my email but what the hell possesses people to put titties on a mouse pad?

Also I just think it's funny that you tried to paint that as some serious bidness visual novel when it clearly has a lot of T&A going on.

Nowadays when there's a game I kind of want, I just click "add to wishlist" and pretend I bought it. There are way too many games in my library that I "kind of wanted" but never played, because really - ain't nobody got time fo dat. And if I'll most likely never play it anyway, what difference does it make whether I actually own it or whether it's just on my wishlist?

I'll most likely never play it anyway, so what difference does it make?
You only have 95 games on your wishlist. What kind of halfassed CAG are you?!?

r u prepared to give a srs answer
yes:

I $1-ed it because you were trying so hard to talk people into buying that expensive edition and flipping it like a console person or something just in case I changed my mind and wanted to back kit later but I never did. eh.

I admit it kind of fascinates me though just how messed up the weeaboo fandom is. I mean I didn't go looking for it it just popped up in my email but what the hell possesses people to put titties on a mouse pad?

Also I just think it's funny that you tried to paint that as some serious bidness visual novel when it clearly has a lot of T&A going on.

A solid, but not stellar, Monthly bundle for me. I didn't own any of them and two were on my wishlist. I've been pretty lucky so far... only one or two owned out of all this year's Monthlies.

This Call of Duty Multiplayer Pack  -- let's be clear about what this is: It's not DLC. It's a stripped down version of the game that only includes the MP portion (and not even the zombie stuff). When I first saw it, I assumed it was a lot of skins and freebies.

The zombie mode sounds interesting, and the campaign is always good for 3 hours of shooty fun. And I like the idea of buying the $15 full upgrade during the Steam sale and checking it out. I haven't played one since the original Modern Warfare.

But there's a lot of DLC, of course, and I doubt it goes on sale much. And I see that some of it is for the zombie mode. I am torn.   

I'm sure i'm not doing the next month. I already have BLOPs 3 on console (decent game though the multiplayer is a bit too twitchy for me so I suck at multiplayer). Also having a limited experience...just sounds bad....I may just try to sell it.

The player counts of Call of Duty games on PC have declined quite considerably, as titles like CSGO dominate the PC market. I call for a complete and total shutdown of Call of Duty games on PC until we figure out what the hell is going on.
CoD is currently a peasant's thing. I won't bother try to investigate the cause. Leave the peasants alone...

No, I really don't want that kind of attention. Rather than complain about missing out on a split, just ask me for help. I was going to tell you about FissFiss but you were offline at the time.
My bad, i was just busting ballz. i throw myself on the mercy of the spoder as you did point me to a group buy that came through. To make amends i promise to try to avoid being on your team in rocket league the next time we play. That may be a while after the consistent beatdowns that happened friday night. I think i was on 2 winning teams all night.

Right, because they hadn't said it was almost done before or anything.
Maybe they operate on GRRM time.

September 12, 2012: "Winds of Winter is halfway done!"

June 8, 2016: "Winds of Winter is halfway done!"

February 29, 2024: "Winds of Winter is halfway done!" *dies of heart attack*

u can't farm cards with wishlisted games :whistle2:

what's next? buying weaboo pillow and pretend that you hug a girl?

p.s. ok i kid. it is a great idea zenii... When our backlog is over 1000+, we are hoarders, not gamers anymore

Maybe they operate on GRRM time.

September 12, 2012: "Winds of Winter is halfway done!"

June 8, 2016: "Winds of Winter is halfway done!"

February 29, 2024: "Winds of Winter is halfway done!" *dies of heart attack*
Ah, so on that timeline we'll see the last two books published in 2024 and 2025 after Neal Stephenson finishes them?

Those games are amazing, but $15 minimum? Wow...
It's pretty standard for these special-edition event bundles. High price, repeat-filled, 100% to charity. I'd guess the only people buying are specifically interested in the event or the charity.

I'm thinking about it, actually. I can get a copy of Escape Goat 2 for myself and I can throw copies of these on my wife's account or son's account. More importantly, I can throw the whole $15 to a very good local animal shelter that I support anyway.

Probably won't, though. This one's a bit weak and Humble will offer another opportunity soon for me to splurge and give it all to that shelter.

Hopefully, because today's sure didn't:

Humble Summer Games Done Quick Bundle

$15 or more for:

VVVVVV

Dustforce DX

Guacamelee! Gold Edition

Super Meat Boy

Escape Goat 2

Serious Sam Double D XXL

Serious Sam: The Random Encounter

Freedom Planet

Soundtracks for Dustforce, Guacamelee, Escape Goat 2, and Freedom Planet.
Charging $15 (that's more than the Monthly or most main bundles) and they can't even give us the best, most updated version of Guacamelee?

Charging $15 (that's more than the Monthly or most main bundles) and they can't even give us the best, most updated version of Guacamelee?
It's for charity you monster!!!!!!!!! SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME!!!!!!!

(yeah I'm not paying that much for bundle stuff)

bread's done
Back