Humble Bundle Thread

SLIDE IT PAST 100% YOU F*CKING AMATEURS!!!
thomas-c00084eb49f1261869136647c6e2977496b7719810a60b84dcd822adf6401f75.jpg

It's pretty standard for these special-edition event bundles. High price, repeat-filled, 100% to charity. I'd guess the only people buying are specifically interested in the event or the charity.

I'm thinking about it, actually. I can get a copy of Escape Goat 2 for myself and I can throw copies of these on my wife's account or son's account. More importantly, I can throw the whole $15 to a very good local animal shelter that I support anyway.

Probably won't, though. This one's a bit weak and Humble will offer another opportunity soon for me to splurge and give it all to that shelter.
You know, when I saw the $15 bundle the first thing I thought was "No way Gilby can find an angle to defend this!" and yet, here you are, doing what you do best. You're like the Trump support of bundles. Truth be damned, logic be damned, Make Bundles Great Again!

You know, when I saw the $15 bundle the first thing I thought was "No way Gilby can find an angle to defend this!" and yet, here you are, doing what you do best. You're like the Trump support of bundles. Truth be damned, logic be damned, Make Bundles Great Again!
Nah. This bundle is what it is, and Humble has done these sorts of bundles every once in a while for years. They aren't really for people looking for cheap games, and that's fine.

A MysterD-approved DRM-Freedom Sale is in progress on HB Store:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/drmfreedom/

I should note this:

A lot of these comes w/ both Steam-keys + DRM-FREE version downloads from Humble.

Some like Sacred 2 Gold are only DRM-FREE version downloads from Humble.
Bro Tip:

Huniepop and Huniecam come with DRM free versions. Buy them here, hide your shame, sell your steam key, hide your shame.

Bro Tip:

Huniepop and Huniecam come with DRM free versions. Buy them here, hide your shame, sell your steam key, hide your shame.
No, no, no. MysterD is all about having both DRM-FREE versions + Steam keys.

"Best of both worlds" and all.

About HuniePop + HunieCap: I'll wait until this stuff gets bundled at lower-tiers.

Bro Tip:

At least activating the key from Humble doesn't announce it to your Steam feed. It's easier to sneak it in that way without getting shamed and told u bad boi go ur sapnk caeg.

Apparently Gilby's "eternal optimism (regarding bundles)" is a genetically inherited trait. I found a video of his Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great Grandfather who exhibits similar optimism (pictured on the left):

anigif_enhanced-buzz-25151-1398693279-19.gif

Apparently Gilby's "eternal optimism (regarding bundles)" is a genetically inherited trait. I found a video of his Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great Grandfather who exhibits similar optimism (pictured on the left):
There are plenty of disappointing Humble bundles. (And bundles from other sites, of course.) But there's a difference between a bundle that is ostensibly one that people will buy because it's a good deal on some games and a bundle that makes no claim to be such a thing. This is an example of the latter. It's fine that such a thing exists and I just don't find it's existence to be a disappointment. I can't manage to talk myself into buying it, though, not even for the cute cats.

There are plenty of disappointing Humble bundles. (And bundles from other sites, of course.) But there's a difference between a bundle that is ostensibly one that people will buy because it's a good deal on some games and a bundle that makes no claim to be such a thing. This is an example of the latter. It's fine that such a thing exists and I just don't find it's existence to be a disappointment. I can't manage to talk myself into buying it, though, not even for the cute cats.
I bought the last speedrun bundle they had (I think it was Awesome Games Done Quick 2015?). Whichever one had Speedrunners and Shantae in it. For me, that had far more appeal than this, because I was missing the Speedrunners DLC and wanted Shantae. Sold Speedrunners for $2-4 so it ended up being an ok deal at the time. Not such a great deal now due to one of the Speedrunners DLCs being free, and Shantae getting rebundled.. but it was alright back then.

As for this bundle.. well, I have zero reason to buy it because I own all but one game.

I bought the last speedrun bundle they had (I think it was Awesome Games Done Quick 2015?). Whichever one had Speedrunners and Shantae in it. For me, that had far more appeal than this, because I was missing the Speedrunners DLC and wanted Shantae. Sold Speedrunners for $2-4 so it ended up being an ok deal at the time. Not such a great deal now due to one of the Speedrunners DLCs being free, and Shantae getting rebundled.. but it was alright back then.

As for this bundle.. well, I have zero reason to buy it because I own all but one game.
I skipped that one, but I'd say that one was presenting itself as a regular bundle in terms of being a decent price for getting games. This current one most certainly isn't.

Looks like a, "so you don't ask for a refund on all the games that you just bought during the Steam summer sale" break.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a, "so you don't ask for a refund on all the games that you just bought during the Steam summer sale" break.
Humble staff has probably been keeping track of our hauls in the Steam thread and putting together an ultimate "too late to refund" bundle that'll come in 1-2 weeks. :p

The only one I was missing was Assdivide Farts. At least it's easy to make fun of.

(thanks for the correction, Neuro)

oh u gaiz. Gilby gonna Gilby.

If he can Pollyanna Poopees then finding an excuse why a humble ain't so bad is child's play.
...actually I can't think of a recent Groupees that was as bad as this Humble in terms of being this overpriced. Sure, many of them have offered almost zero value, but they've done so at a (relatively) cheap price.

On the other hand, the Groupees bundles are pretending to be worth the price.

...actually I can't think of a recent Groupees that was as bad as this Humble in terms of being this overpriced. Sure, many of them have offered almost zero value, but they've done so at a (relatively) cheap price.

On the other hand, the Groupees bundles are pretending to be worth the price.
uh wat?

Gilby logic = zero value is a good value!

Sure, many of them have offered almost zero value, but they've done so at a (relatively) cheap price.
0 x 7 = 0

Try reading again. They're all crap value, but Groupees bundles aren't more than $2 or $3 overpriced because they only cost $1 or $2 to begin with.
I recognize that a lot of the "value" Groupees offers is subjective, for example free games are of zero value to me. Also, free music is of zero value to me. Lastly, any of their music is of zero value to me.

Setting that aside, I think the market is saying none of that stuff is worth what they are charging for it. Assuming I had no PC games, I would take one $15 Humble Bundle over seven $2 Groupees bundles. Groupees might win in quantity, but it doesn't even pretend to compete in quality.

If anyone is still looking for lots of +1's then Groupees is still on your radar. If you want games that are decent, then it's not.

0 x 7 = 0

I recognize that a lot of the "value" Groupees offers is subjective, for example free games are of zero value to me. Also, free music is of zero value to me. Lastly, any of their music is of zero value to me.

Setting that aside, I think the market is saying none of that stuff is worth what they are charging for it. Assuming I had no PC games, I would take one $15 Humble Bundle over seven $2 Groupees bundles. Groupees might win in quantity, but it doesn't even pretend to compete in quality.
This $15 Humble is a bit different, though, in that it doesn't pretend to have value. Groupees bundles do. That said, with either of your options, you've spent a decent amount of money and gotten a whole lot less value than you paid for.

worst main HB bundle of this year.. so far
And yet it's pretty decent. They've been having a good year.

Though I think you forgot about the Gamepedia Online Multiplayer Bundle.

humble_gamepedia_bundle.jpg

I just got to think if I want to go for the next monthly since the early unlock is garbage.
Same. Tried selling it for $5 with no real luck. I could handle a mystery bundle, from humble, at $7. $12 when I don't have interest in owning a partial game is harder to swallow. OTOH I think getting any really good pieces of this bundle in a split later will be hard because I expect quite a few people won't buy this month.

I really regret not picking up the Black Ops 3 upgrade to full game during the sale. It would be much easier to resell the whole copy of game instead of that multiplayer bullshit.

bread's done
Back