Humble Bundle Thread

Humble just sent me an email saying that my order of The Cat Lady was ready. Did I miss a memo? The purchase price was free so I guess it's just being thrust upon me.
I got an email from Screen7 games yesterday. It said that if you ever bought a game from them through their old checkout system, you'll get an updated download link via Humble (their new system.)

They also said that you're free to give away any extra keys you get through this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not excited about the positive bundle, but I wasn't expecting anything exciting. 

The 2016 looks good as a way to get cheap Shadowrun: HK. That seems to be the only Shadowrun I don't have. 

Looks like $2.81 was the low point?

The description for Refunct advertises it as a lovely little half-hour thing like 30 minutes of gameplay is going to push me to buy the bundle.

It doesn't look like the Best of 2016 bundle will have any second week bonuses. I want to get Homeworld, but not at that price. Screw Gearbox.

I only wanted Victor Vran and Shadowrun, so. Guess I'll sell off the others at cost.

I want the Homeworld Remastered Collection but I cannot justify it when the BTA is <$3.
Yeah, in a bundle's probably the only way I'd get this, but not at a $10 tier by itself. I might have considered it for the planetbound Homeworld entry, but not these rereleases.

I think me and Humble have different ideas on what was considered "Best of" in terms of Steam games in 2016.
That's not what they mean; this is "best of" stuff that was in Humbles in 2016. Much of it looks like it was in BTA tiers or above.

EDIT: archbishop'd

Bad additions.....I will think on that bundle since N++ and Waifu Bartending are on my wishlist. The other bundle yuck.....I will get low tier for Evoland 2. I liked 1 enough.

The only game from the Best of bundle I have is Else Heart.break(), which makes a $2.80 BTA an easy choice.

Not the greatest additions. Both games I'm interested in, but both super cheap. Got excited when I saw the post about the "Best of 2016" bundle thinking it meant games released in 2016. Oh well, dollared in anyway as I don't own any of the games. Nothing from the higher tiers is really my cup of tea (Survival and Strategy). Depending on how low the BTA goes I might increase my payment for Rust, though.

I got an email from Screen7 games yesterday. It said that if you ever bought a game from them through their old checkout system, you'll get an updated download link via Humble (their new system.)
So I changed my password for nothing? Damn it, when the revolution comes this sort of thing won't happen any more.

If anyone is on the fence about the new 2016 bundle, the resellers are out in force on Steamtrades buying up Rust copies for 1 CSGO key each. That's a pretty good deal considering the BTA price, so easy way to get something back for that one game if you own it or don't want it. You can easily sell off the key for $2, trade it for another game, or get a bit more in Steam wallet. Makes BTA less than a buck at the end of the day if you dont mind an extra step or two.

$2.84 for Rust and Shadowrun Hong Kong... I like this bundle more then the last game bundle. 

Evoland II and Stronghold Crusade II are a nice bonus to check out

If anyone is on the fence about the new 2016 bundle, the resellers are out in force on Steamtrades buying up Rust copies for 1 CSGO key each. That's a pretty good deal considering the BTA price, so easy way to get something back for that one game if you own it or don't want it. You can easily sell off the key for $2, trade it for another game, or get a bit more in Steam wallet. Makes BTA less than a buck at the end of the day if you dont mind an extra step or two.
Buy my Rust key for a buck and sell it to 'em :D

You'll never be a console gamer with that attitude!  Buy my $1 Rust gift code and trade it for a $2 CS:GO key to take to Best Buy and exchange for $2.07 in Gamerbucks or whatever.

The description for Refunct advertises it as a lovely little half-hour thing like 30 minutes of gameplay is going to push me to buy the bundle.
30 minutes is pushing it:

PSKuLT7.png

It's actually pretty decent, the platforming and level design are good and the soundtrack is calming. Could never see myself paying $3 for it, though.

What makes Rust so popular with the resellers?

Dodged that BTA (and shitty unlocks) like a boss!

3 wishlisted games for less than $3 is a deal I'll take. Like others, I want Homeworld, but $7 is way too close to its current low, and Gearbox is gonna need some money to fund Borderlands 3 after that Battleborn debacle. .

30 minutes is pushing it:

PSKuLT7.png

It's actually pretty decent, the platforming and level design are good and the soundtrack is calming. Could never see myself paying $3 for it, though.
Same amount of time it took me. Definitely an enjoyable little game. Recommended bundled or on sale. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with what I got. Especially considering I almost purchased VA-11 Hall-A for more than $10 during the Winter sale. Not the type of game I expected to see bundled so soon.

I want the Homeworld Remastered Collection but I cannot justify it when the BTA is <$3.
I still have all my untouched Homeworld 1+2 retail-box copies.

Would be great to put the HW remasters + originals on Steam, but not at $10 + not with the BTA only right now sitting at around $3.63.

Paying $3 for Evoland II, Victor Vran, Shadowrun HK and another copy of Rust was a no brainer. 

You'd have had to have no brains to have bought any higher than the $1 tier of the Overwhelmingly Positive bundle.  :speaktothehand:

New Image comic bundle today. Has too many Volume 1s for my taste though.
That stuff should be free just to entice buyers to invest into series. They're just hoping this catches people that buy into this bundle into getting attached to 1 or 2 series and purchase all the other volumes.

That stuff should be free just to entice buyers to invest into series. They're just hoping this catches people that buy into this bundle into getting attached to 1 or 2 series and purchase all the other volumes.
I really don't have an issue with Volume or issue 1s being in cheap tiers. Kinda annoying when it persists all the way through the $20 tier though. If I am buying a $20 comic bundle I need some complete stories.

Yeah nothing bad about volume 1s. It's just it's at a higher tier is all. Some very good comics there. I read the Rat Queens (just OK), I Hate Fairyland (I enjoy this), and Morning Glories (alright though story gets a little funky). I also read Paper Girls (pretty interesting). Image makes good comics and i'm sure among the volume 1s you will find a story you like. The #1s are a little less exciting, but still give a teaser for cheap.

Saga Book One is a full story arc. It's 3 volumes combined. Even with what I've read out of this there's still enough in it for me to get a taste of which series I should look into. I dig it.

I really don't have an issue with Volume or issue 1s being in cheap tiers. Kinda annoying when it persists all the way through the $20 tier though. If I am buying a $20 comic bundle I need some complete stories.
In the lower tiers it's fine, but you keep moving up just to sample more and more series. I would buy this without hesitation if they offered less volume and just offered more depth into certain series as you move up tiers. If I'm going to move from $10 to $15 to $20 to $25, just start throwing more volumes in of the series of the previous tiers.

Actually this bundle has too many HB and Groupees repeats. . . and Humble has started loading its comic bundles with issue 1s, which is crap. Having only the first issue of anything is pointless.

New Image comic bundle today. Has too many Volume 1s for my taste though.

Yeah nothing bad about volume 1s. It's just it's at a higher tier is all. Some very good comics there. I read the Rat Queens (just OK), I Hate Fairyland (I enjoy this), and Morning Glories (alright though story gets a little funky). I also read Paper Girls (pretty interesting). Image makes good comics and i'm sure among the volume 1s you will find a story you like. The #1s are a little less exciting, but still give a teaser for cheap.

Saga Book One is a full story arc. It's 3 volumes combined. Even with what I've read out of this there's still enough in it for me to get a taste of which series I should look into. I dig it.

In the lower tiers it's fine, but you keep moving up just to sample more and more series. I would buy this without hesitation if they offered less volume and just offered more depth into certain series as you move up tiers. If I'm going to move from $10 to $15 to $20 to $25, just start throwing more volumes in of the series of the previous tiers.

Actually this bundle has too many HB and Groupees repeats. . . and Humble has started loading its comic bundles with issue 1s, which is crap. Having only the first issue of anything is pointless.
Image is my favorite comic company hands down and there are many great series included in this bundle, but I don't recommend it at all. The upper tiers start getting better because they include Volumes, which are 6 issues, but it's all Volume 1. It's nice if you want to own them I guess, but for $5.99 you can sign up for Comixology Unlimited for one month and ready a lot of those Vol. 1 as Image's MO for unlimited is to include Vol. 1 of a lot of their series to get you enticed.

bread's done
Back