Humble Bundle Thread

Does anyone know if the $5 credit is automatic? If you find a sale you like, it may come in handy combining the credit with your 10% discount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone received their $5 credit, yet? If you find a sale you like, it may come in handy combining the credit with your 10% discount.
The last time they did this kind of offer, you got the credit by clicking a button on your monthly purchase page.. so I would check that first.

I have an extra Monthly I can sell to a regular for cost $12.  PM if interested and I'll choose who gets the honor later today.  Otherwise I'll just parcel it out.  Warhammer might get me my cost back alone.  

Edit:

Decided to parcel it out instead. 

I decided to sub this month in hopes that I would be surprised polybridge is the only game I didn't have that I wanted, I just bought one piece during the last sale so that sucks, some of the other games look alright but im feeling like i picked up a bundle of +1's more than anything

The Witness seems to be hitting the bundle sauce pretty hard. At this rate it'll be a headliner for a Groupees BM in a couple months.

Also, I hope all the April monthly subscribers enjoy Shovel of Hope. Don't forget to thank those of us who bought Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove before the price increase.

meh, i guess for the couple bux i spent after unloading warhammer its ok.  More backlog bait,  nothing here even makes me want to lookup the game beyond what is shown on humble. 

anything even bro-able?

The keys aren't in my account, it has a button that says "get the bundle" on the monthly page. So if I don't click it, what happens?(my first month I have sub'd, so I don't know)

The keys aren't in my account, it has a button that says "get the bundle" on the monthly page. So if I don't click it, what happens?(my first month I have sub'd, so I don't know)
Get The Bundle sounds like you dont own it. The keys should be on the same page that the key for Total War Warhammer is. Click the Month To Month Plan in your purchases list. If you're talking about next month, The Witness wont unlock unless you pay early

I decided at the last minute not to use my first time subscriber coupon and I'm glad that I did.  Even if I sold Warhammer there were no other games I wanted.  Should have first-time-subscribed during the month with Stardew Valley.  With hindsight so they say.

Get The Bundle sounds like you dont own it. The keys should be on the same page that the key for Total War Warhammer is. Click the Month To Month Plan in your purchases list. If you're talking about next month, The Witness wont unlock unless you pay early
It finally showed up.

Did you receive a "Welcome to Humble Monthly" email when you subscribed? I tried to subscribe a few days ago and my CC was billed but the bundle wasn't properly added to my account (a link showed in the key resender email, but nowhere else that I could see.) When I contacted support, they refunded the payment and asked me to try subscribing again.

Be careful. If you bought the Freedom bundle and sub for next month + opt for The Witness instead of the $5 wallet you might end up getting a drm-free download instead of a steam key like this guy..

https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/jaNaKBa

Not sure if it's a common issue or not, seems like a bug to me.
I'm wondering if people who picked the Steam key in the Freedom Bundle only get a DRM-free copy in the April Monthly (and vice versa). Someone else on reddit didn't get a key, either, but they don't say if they bought the Freedom Bundle.

It might just be a bug like you say, possibly due to Humble not having enough keys and purchase pages somehow defaulting/glitching to DRM-free versions.

Hmm already had One Piece but the bridge game looks ok and Spacerun Galaxy was on my wishlist so not bad.  Warhammer was a good deal by itself so the rest is gravy, I'll cut Humble some slack on bundles like this.  Maybe I can sell One Piece.  

The Witness was the only game I really wanted from the Freedom bundle (had most of the other good games) so I'm already happy about next month although I can see why others are not thrilled with it.

The Witness was the only game I really wanted from the Freedom bundle (had most of the other good games) so I'm already happy about next month although I can see why others are not thrilled with it.
If you loved freedom, you would have bought the bundle so you can be miserable with the rest of us

Question for those of you who have previously received e-mails from Humble offering discounts to re-subscribe: How do you have your contact preferences set up on the Settings page? After today's unlocks and The Witness not doing much for me, I might wait and see if Humble sends an offer at the end of the month to re-sub.

It was selling for $10 min. before the reveal. I can probably get $12 easily for it.
xCukw7m.gif

After a year and a half of resisting, I finally cave in and subscribe to a monthly. And this is what I get?

Oy vey.

The End be like...

Stew8Gq.gif

I haven't taken the plunge yet but feel that most of the monthlies, or maybe all except this one, have been excellent value (TW:Warhammer is probably worth the bundle price by itself to someone who would play it). Monthly subscriptions seem ideal for people who don't follow bundles and game deals avidly like your typical CAG or +1er. That way you get one month's worth of games at mostly great prices, and you save time by letting Hamble curate your games for you.

Hmm already had One Piece but the bridge game looks ok and Spacerun Galaxy was on my wishlist so not bad. Warhammer was a good deal by itself so the rest is gravy, I'll cut Humble some slack on bundles like this. Maybe I can sell One Piece.

As someone who never played one, how is the one piece game? I know nothing about it(whatever one piece is), but have played a little Hyrule Warriors.

As someone who never played one, how is the one piece game? I know nothing about it(whatever one piece is), but have played a little Hyrule Warriors.
It is in the same vein as Dynasty Warriors as far as combat goes but has frequent cutscenes/story stuff and it follows the story of the manga for the most part. I have just played some of it and I like it a lot but I like One Piece. I am honestly not sure how much enjoyment could be had from it if you were not familiar with the story/characters as gameplay offers nothing new over any other Warriors-style game. It does start at the beginning of the series but everything is packed so tight (dozens of issues worth of manga might be one mission in the game) that it certainly can not replace actually reading the manga or watching the anime. The combat feels satisfying enough that if you just like the style of game it might appeal to you. The characters and their attacks are pretty over the top and amusing to use.

It is in the same vein as Dynasty Warriors as far as combat goes but has frequent cutscenes/story stuff and it follows the story of the manga for the most part. I have just played some of it and I like it a lot but I like One Piece. I am honestly not sure how much enjoyment could be had from it if you were not familiar with the story/characters as gameplay offers nothing new over any other Warriors-style game. It does start at the beginning of the series but everything is packed so tight (dozens of issues worth of manga might be one mission in the game) that it certainly can not replace actually reading the manga or watching the anime. The combat feels satisfying enough that if you just like the style of game it might appeal to you. The characters and their attacks are pretty over the top and amusing to use.
I might just keep it to try.

I'm not sure I want next month(Witness isn't a game I have interest in right now, little free time and 4 years old twins running around the house non stop), but I'm sure if I cancel it'll end up having Watch Dogs 2 or something.

RIVE is excellent.

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 is the best musou combat Koei has done. Blows away Hyrule Warriors with its sleep inducing boss fights and "stare at enemy officer until he does his weakness attack" bullshit. But that shit makes HW utter garbage so it's not hard to beat that.

Yeah, RIVE is a very good game. I've only played about 2 hours so far, but I've enjoyed it. It's really well done.

I've put in a couple of hours on Space Run Galaxy too and am pleased that it seems like they've kept all the stuff I enjoyed about the first.

I tried out the Poly Bridge game, but the controls weren't clicking with me for some reason. Otherwise, it looks like a potentially good puzzler. I'll give it another go.

OPPW3 looks decent to me too. Morphblade and Flat Heroes don't immediately appeal to me, but I know they have a lot of positive buzz; I'll try them eventually.

It looks to me like the unlocks may lack some of the name-recognition factor that other monthlies have enjoyed, but outside of personal preference or prior ownership, I don't see much to complain about given the great headliner.

It looks to me like the unlocks may lack some of the name-recognition factor that other monthlies have enjoyed, but outside of personal preference or prior ownership, I don't see much to complain about given the great headliner.
I think name recognition matters in the Monthly, simply due to the fact that indie games especially suffer from this and it hurts their stock going forward. I would not be surprised whatsoever to see the indie titles in this monthly rebundled VERY quickly. It also is a letdown since it can be argued that the last 6 months was the best stretch of quality this bundle has ever seen.

Its easy to see why people are disappointed by this month's unlocks despite the fact that the lesser known games are being received well. Following it up with a game that was recently in a premium priced bundle as the unlock is also offputting espc to those who bought that.

It did but it was the first content DLC + a mask. Not a lot of value tbh. Probably $2-3

Good bundle for folks who don't have the games. 

Eisenwald, Turmoil, Verdun, and Valhalla Hills are all on the wishlist, so $10 it is.

Also glad to potentially see more people playing Vermintide.  That game deserves a robust community.

That is one stubborn BTA. Drop, damn you!

The Journey Down is well worth the $1 tier alone. Great humor, art, and music. The gameplay and puzzles are fair (mostly inventory based). Chapter 3 is coming later this year.

BTA is steadily trickling down. All I want is Jotun, so I'm not sure if I'll actually penny in to see what I get next week.

bread's done
Back