Humble Bundle Thread

Only miss Chapter Two and Turmoil

Bad bundle.

3 games from tier 1 been free (Valhalla Hills, Eisenwald /w DLC, Chapter One), so y no wen free.

Eisenwald was bugged at Gamesrepublic btw. so RIP.

Eisenwald was free from gamesrepublic facebook for about a day or so, and the dev gave away the first DLC for anyone that owned it during early access.

Weak bundle for me, only missing Valhalla Hills and Turmoil

Last edited by a moderator:
GamesRepublic gave me free Civ 6 Deluxe so I'm okay with not getting free dollar-tier Eisenwald that I'll never play.

Only game I'm interested in is Jotun so guessing I'll pass on this.

Great $1 tier, been interested in Eisenwald. Haven't played vermintide in awhile but it's a great co op game for anyone who didn't nab it in the monthly.

Kinda interested in this bundle. But over the past 24 hours, I've dropped $380 on a Wii U, peripherals and the new Zelda game. So I think I'll wait for these games to get rebundled.

Only game I'm interested in is Jotun so guessing I'll pass on this.
PM'd you

Kinda interested in this bundle. But over the past 24 hours, I've dropped $380 on a Wii U, peripherals and the new Zelda game. So I think I'll wait for these games to get rebundled.
y???? I mean.. buying a Wii U is a smarter decision than buying a Switch at this point, but that's a lot of money for Zelda

y???? I mean.. buying a Wii U is a smarter decision than buying a Switch at this point, but that's a lot of money for Zelda
Zelda BotW is the only game that I have for it for the moment. But I am interested in other games in the Wii U library. Truthfully, I was ready to buy a Wii U a year ago. But I was holding off waiting for a price drop that never came. Plus I skipped the original Wii. So there's a crap load of games from that system that I've never played.

I agree that it would have been a dumb decision to buy for just that one game. But with all the other games I'm interested in, I'm sure I'll get enough value from the system to justify the price.

Edit: And my "like" of your post was in appreciation of your gesture towards Syntax.

Zelda BotW is the only game that I have for it for the moment. But I am interested in other games in the Wii U library. Truthfully, I was ready to buy a Wii U a year ago. But I was holding off waiting for a price drop that never came. Plus I skipped the original Wii. So there's a crap load of games from that system that I've never played.

I agree that it would have been a dumb decision to buy for just that one game. But with all the other games I'm interested in, I'm sure I'll get enough value from the system to justify the price.

Edit: And my "like" of your post was in appreciation of your gesture towards Syntax.
I've turned into a seething ball of bile and hate waiting for the Wii U to come down to a reasonable price point. I even have Xenoblade X, and it's starting to look like there's never ever going to be a real sale on the damn console.

If someone happens to have an extra Jotun I wouldnt mind it :) Grabbed the 1$ tier but jotun was the only thing in the upper I wanted/didnt own

You can get refurbished from Nintendo with 2 games for $200. Probably the best you will find outside of getting lucky on Craigslist or a yard sale or something like that.

Gilby is reverse-Gilbying, where he keeps getting saddled with a game he doesn't want.
dVDJiez.gif

Eh. Not the best, not nearly the worst. Went in for the $1 tier. I'd like Turmoil, but not prepared to BTA since I have the other two and I expect the unlocks to be weak.

I have a feeling HB is recycling a lot of leftover keys since Vermintide and Jotun (not to mention The Witness) all got rebundled relatively quickly. Obviously The Witness is not in this category but considering it never sold out during that Freedom bundle thing, they had to have had a slew of keys left to offer it up again in the very next monthly. I would imagine this is the quickest turnaround from a monthly to a regular BTA tier ever, not gonna check, just feels like it.

At the very least if you don't own it, the best games in the bundle are BTA and it makes it a worthwhile bundle in that respect. Jotun and Vermintide are quality. Verdun is as well, so even the $10 tier has some merit. I assume Verdun is what's keeping the BTA price a little higher than Jumbos typically see.

I've turned into a seething ball of bile and hate waiting for the Wii U to come down to a reasonable price point. I even have Xenoblade X, and it's starting to look like there's never ever going to be a real sale on the damn console.
what's the reasoning behind $ony price drop and Nintendon't price tank on the older console?

How's Verdun? Better WW1 shooter than Battlefield 1?

I don't care about the price point for each game.. just want to know which one is more fun to play from the regular CAG

How's Verdun? Better WW1 shooter than Battlefield 1?

I don't care about the price point for each game.. just want to know which one is more fun to play from the regular CAG
Verdun is much slower paced, id say its closer to red orchestra/rising tide. Its fun but in a different way. Battlefield is battlefield, with guns that look old, and tanks that look old. Its fun but Im also a battlefield fan, so its exactly what i expected and wanted (barring lack of good trench maps).

Battlefield IMHO is both more fun, and easier to randomly jump in to. You are also going to have a lot longer lifespan out of battlefield. Verdun is already down to 300-600 playerbase. BF1 will have a huge player base for many years. Its one of the reasons I dont really hesitate to buy a new BF game (except the abomination that was hardline, which wasnt bad after patching but too little too late) because dollar for dollar I get more playtime out of a BF game than any other. But realistic ww1 shooter BF1 is not, verdun will be much closer for that

alright then.. i will skip Verdun
See, that description is what makes it interesting to me. That said, Red Orchestra was the type of game that you absolutely could not just drop in to play a quick game. If you played it, you needed to put a lot of time into it. I don't really want that from a shooter right now.

Also, Verdun's been as cheap as $4.24 from Steam, and less than $4 as part of a 4-pack.

But realistic ww1 shooter BF1 is not, verdun will be much closer for that
This is without question. Verdun is more realistic, but its not got the production quality or repetition (in the good way) that BF1 provides. Verdun is fun and its worthy of praise, but its not a AAA title obviously. BF1 packs a lot more of a punch.

Verdun is fun, but when everyone bought it and we scheduled it was having issues where some people couldn't join a private game and some people didn't have guns.  It was basically a clusterfuck at the time.  If we ever get a good size group to do DM though it's a gun game with the realistic WWI feel Syntax so dearly misses. 

Verdun is fun, but when everyone bought it and we scheduled it was having issues where some people couldn't join a private game and some people didn't have guns. It was basically a clusterfuck at the time. If we ever get a good size group to do DM though it's a gun game with the realistic WWI feel Syntax so dearly misses.
It was alright in subsequent times. They had a patch that launched just prior to that scheduling that borked shit. We've had success with it since, just not many own it and 3 on 3 in those huge maps isn't fun.

Also, to pivot back to the Wii U, I think $200 is the best you'll do for refurb.  I was hoping for a fire sale, but it didn't happen.  Who knows what the second hand market will be like, but the Wii was Nintendo's most successful console so everyone and their grandma had one to sell so that's why they are so cheap now.  I can barely find Wii Us at pawn shops.  They usually sell for less than $200 ($160 seems to be the norm), but I'm also not in love with the idea of getting a used and abused tablet controller.  At least the wiimotes and nunchuks were built to take a beating. 

Verdun is much slower paced, id say its closer to red orchestra/rising tide. Its fun but in a different way. Battlefield is battlefield, with guns that look old, and tanks that look old. Its fun but Im also a battlefield fan, so its exactly what i expected and wanted (barring lack of good trench maps).

Battlefield IMHO is both more fun, and easier to randomly jump in to. You are also going to have a lot longer lifespan out of battlefield. Verdun is already down to 300-600 playerbase. BF1 will have a huge player base for many years. Its one of the reasons I dont really hesitate to buy a new BF game (except the abomination that was hardline, which wasnt bad after patching but too little too late) because dollar for dollar I get more playtime out of a BF game than any other. But realistic ww1 shooter BF1 is not, verdun will be much closer for that
Did anyone ever expect much out of BF: Hardline's Multiplayer, though?

DICE didn't make that game; Visceral did. Visceral's known for making really good SP stuff (i.e. Dead Space series), not really MP stuff.

Not that anyone remembers, but I had issues with the Civilization bundle and a region lock, specifically with Civ IV. I contacted Humble support, and here's what I got after two weeks of silence:

"Hello,
Thank you for reaching out to us here at Humble Bundle Support!
I have looked into your Civilization Bundle purchase and it appears as though the region listed is not the US.
The location of your purchase determines the region-specific keys you receive. Region locks are put in place per an agreement with our partners. As this is the case, we cannot replace your keys with non-region locked keys. We apologize for the inconvenience.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out via this support ticket."

I'm in the US and somehow got a non-US code... and that's that. No refunding, no replacement.

So, if anyone can figure out how to redeem this, here you go:

0CKLI-M7XD9-3L6P6

It's locked in Germany too.
Who knows what region it's for at all? There's no indication whatsoever. Sorry it didn't work for you.

My reply to the support ticket was basically how disappointing this is, especially since that bundle isn't even available anymore and I had to wait from 2/21 to today for a response. Also committing to never doing the Humble tip.

Shelter worth ~$1?
I thought it was cool. I mean, it's not a very long game - I think it was an hour or two, tops? But I liked the art style, I liked the story (which is essentially just a mommy badger protecting her babies), and I liked being able to play it with my non-gamer girlfriend because it's not that difficult.

I mean, if you ask one of the die-hard cheapasses you'd get the response of "bundle or gtfo". But I enjoyed it, my girlfriend enjoyed it, so for me it was totally worth the 99cents or whatever poor person amount I paid.

This one's fairly solid.  Definitely grabbing the $1 tier but will wait a bit to see if the $6+ is a really good deal.  Can't say I see myself playing Vermintide for more than an hour but Jotun and that oil well game look cool.

I don't believe you, post a pic with you next to the Humble key page.
No, Mr. Comedian. Don't feel like it.

Just check my Steam games' list in my Steam profile and you can do a search on Eisenwald + Valhalla.

They're both in there.

Or, if I'm on your Friends list, just check Steam Store Page's for Eisenwald's + Valhalla - I should be showing as a Friend that owns each one of those.

Not that anyone remembers, but I had issues with the Civilization bundle and a region lock, specifically with Civ IV. I contacted Humble support, and here's what I got after two weeks of silence:

"Hello,
Thank you for reaching out to us here at Humble Bundle Support!
I have looked into your Civilization Bundle purchase and it appears as though the region listed is not the US.
The location of your purchase determines the region-specific keys you receive. Region locks are put in place per an agreement with our partners. As this is the case, we cannot replace your keys with non-region locked keys. We apologize for the inconvenience.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out via this support ticket."

I'm in the US and somehow got a non-US code... and that's that. No refunding, no replacement.

So, if anyone can figure out how to redeem this, here you go:

0CKLI-M7XD9-3L6P6
I have an extra Civ IV if you still need a copy. When I tried to generate a gift link for the game, I was greeted with this regional restriction message. But I don't see "US' listed there, so it should be good.

2ue2w5l.jpg

I have an extra Civ IV if you still need a copy. When I tried to generate a gift link for the game, I was greeted with this regional restriction message. But I don't see "US' listed there, so it should be good.

2ue2w5l.jpg
Someone actually offered a gift link way back when I first posted about the issue, so I'm trying that when I get home tonight, but thank you anyway.

Someone actually offered a gift link way back when I first posted about the issue, so I'm trying that when I get home tonight, but thank you anyway.
Oh Ok. You should probably be good with that other key. If for some reason that doesn't pan out for you though, let me know.

Well, this certainly sucks. I purchased the $1 tier of the Civilization bundle and I am running into the same issue with my Civ IV key. Steam is telling me it's not available for purchase in my region (US) and I can't redeem it. Any suggestions on what to do?

bread's done
Back