Humble Bundle Thread

well look like I am way behind on this blu-ray shit.  I stopped at DVD years ago before the advent of Blu-ray

I thought Streaming is the way of the future nowadays

Yeah, I never really bought into blu-ray.  I have a few, but I just play them on my PS3.  I mostly stream. I do know blu-ray playback software is expensive because the wife had a blu-ray laptop and after upgrading the OS, it didn't have a blu-ray playback software so I had to buy something for it and it was like $50-$100.  

well look like I am way behind on this blu-ray shit. I stopped at DVD years ago before the advent of Blu-ray

I thought Streaming is the way of the future nowadays
It mostly is, for casual viewing. But things get removed off streaming sites all the time, or cost 3x more than disk, etc.

I may go for the $15 on data science (just call it data analysis...ugg this bundle) book bundle. Good stuff, though i'm not as much of a data guy and more a programming guy, but eh it doesn't hurt.
But data science is the new buzzword!

I think data science focuses a lot more on database manipulation than traditional data analysis.

Yeah, I never really bought into blu-ray. I have a few, but I just play them on my PS3. I mostly stream. I do know blu-ray playback software is expensive because the wife had a blu-ray laptop and after upgrading the OS, it didn't have a blu-ray playback software so I had to buy something for it and it was like $50-$100.
I haven't bought many in a while, but I have small collection of 3d movies which I use the PS3 to play.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may go for the $15 on data science (just call it data analysis...ugg this bundle) book bundle. Good stuff, though i'm not as much of a data guy and more a programming guy, but eh it doesn't hurt.
I just got some different physical O'Reilly books on R, so I will probably get this as well. I might even be able to get my job to reimburse me for it.

But data science is the new buzzword!

I think data science focuses a lot more on database manipulation than traditional data analysis.
Machine Learning is even buzzier. See the PS here for example from two days ago.

Banner Saga 2

Momodora

Worms WMD

Stories Untold

Hacky Zack

Eterium

Own none. Not a bad month, but not impressed with the Momodora game or Eterium. Hacky Zack doesnt feel like it should be in the monthly.

ROTR will hopefully fetch a good return. Its a great game, but owned since launch.

Nothing from this past month that I especially care about.  I don't own them but I don't really want to own them either.

Already have RotTR from some card promo glitch or another.

I'm not particularly impressed with this Monthly, so given how my reaction matched to everyone else in previous months I expect people will be calling it the best ever.

Momodora and Stories Untold are the highlights for me. I played the Stories demo a couple weeks back and it was a nice experience. If the rest of the game is as good then I'll be happy.

The Banner Saga 2 makes it for me. I like the fact the WMD game is in it too (as well as Stories Untold), but both of those could be in non-monthlies. The rest seems like filler.

Not nearly the best espc when KF2 seemed to imply they would be better, but there's been worse. 

FWIW, this Monthly has the lowest total MSRP ($126.92) since the November 2016 bundle that had Stardew. Maybe not all that surprising after the previous two each topped $200.

Alright bundle. Been eyeing Momodora a lot, so that's nice and Banner Saga 2 is nice. Honestly only thing I likely wont play is the space flight sim type game. Haven't been into those for a while. Alright bundle overall, but some interesting stuff for sure.

This is my first monthly bundle, so I used a 10% off coupon. I don't own any of the games, and I could have done without most of them. But KF2 and Worms seems worth the $10.80 for me since I wanted both.

ROTR will hopefully fetch a good return. Its a great game, but owned since launch.
Where are you selling the game? eBay? If so, how are you avoiding scammers? I realize that even if you get scammed and the buyer files an "unauthorized charge", you're not out very much, but at the same time I want to obviously minimize (ideally completely avoid) these incidents. I only ask as it seems like half the digital items I sell on eBay, I get scammed and the person does a chargeback (and they know they will win, as the item is "intangible")

Where are you selling the game? eBay? If so, how are you avoiding scammers? I realize that even if you get scammed and the buyer files an "unauthorized charge", you're not out very much, but at the same time I want to obviously minimize (ideally completely avoid) these incidents. I only ask as it seems like half the digital items I sell on eBay, I get scammed and the person does a chargeback (and they know they will win, as the item is "intangible")
I never sell that crap on Ebay. Either here in the trading section or Group Buys group on Steam.

Im happy to get worms wmd,  the rest is kinda meh.   I got banner saga 2 free from twitch prime.  

If the tomb raider game sells for a decent price Ill reup for next month.  Personally the last 3 months have been games that mostly dont interest me.

Nothing from this past month that I especially care about. I don't own them but I don't really want to own them either.

Already have RotTR from some card promo glitch or another.
The only thing I had was KF2, so I can't complain too much though nothing grabs me a bunch.

Maybe BS2 after I finally finish the first one.

Is the monthly Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration (which includes Season Pass) or just the base Tomb Raider game?

This was a poor monthly bundle.

Well if someone was tryin to sell worms Id be interested. Hate pinging all these people in the sale thread to either get no response or just be told its already gone

Alright bundle. Been eyeing Momodora a lot, so that's nice and Banner Saga 2 is nice. Honestly only thing I likely wont play is the space flight sim type game. Haven't been into those for a while. Alright bundle overall, but some interesting stuff for sure.
Space flight sim type game? Oh, you mean the Indie Royale bundle repeat.

Is the monthly Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration (which includes Season Pass) or just the base Tomb Raider game?

This was a poor monthly bundle.
Base only. Someone asked on the game's forum and someone who already got it stated as such.

I own the whole thing. The season pass is worthwhile in some respects. The story addon is like a Scooby Doo mystery and not all that interesting. Then there's a survival mode, and some other pieces that are very different from the base. The cheapest the season pass has been is $7.49 and the cheapest the 20 year base has been is $28 and change. If I owned neither, I would go for the base alone and pick up the season pass later. The base game is great and if you have an upper end GPU its a great game to push that with.

I sell my Monthly Headliner codes to traders on Steamtrades.  They usually dictate the going rate.  I think KF2 going rate was right around $4.  I'm sure we'll see how much ROTR is worth as they update their lists later today. 

Not a bad bundle at all, KF2, Momodora I had been eyeing in steam sales for awhile but it'd never been more than 33% off, and banner saga 2 was bundled a good bit earlier than I anticipated. Stories Untold I'd never heard of and looks somewhat interesting, as well.

WARNING: WORMS WMD IS REGION LOCKED. I just tried to sell a key and it came up as locked to my region.

Edit: What's worse, it's RUN LOCKED to a region. That's incredibly dickish.

I sell my Monthly Headliner codes to traders on Steamtrades. They usually dictate the going rate. I think KF2 going rate was right around $4. I'm sure we'll see how much ROTR is worth as they update their lists later today.
Yea, and a lot of them hang out in the trade thread here too. But yeah the resellers set the market on the headliners. The unlocks less so.

I sell my Monthly Headliner codes to traders on Steamtrades. They usually dictate the going rate. I think KF2 going rate was right around $4. I'm sure we'll see how much ROTR is worth as they update their lists later today.
I'll have to check that out. Looks like there's a lot of activity on there.

I never sell that crap on Ebay. Either here in the trading section or Group Buys group on Steam.
Last time I tried selling humble keys in the trading section, somebody acted like it was sacrilege. Was asking less than isthereanydeal historic low too, but apparently it was seen as me stealing from the respective charities.

Wasn't Hacky-Zack in a previous bundle?
Tier 3 in the E3 digital ticket a few months ago which I doubt many bought, but yeah it doesnt feel like it should be a monthly title, nor does Etherium. The rest of them I can at least see in a monthly, but value wise this month is a bit of a miss. I do like the fact BS2 and WMD are in it though.

Last time I tried selling humble keys in the trading section, somebody acted like it was sacrilege. Was asking less than isthereanydeal historic low too, but apparently it was seen as me stealing from the respective charities.
That must've been a long time ago. It seems now thats all anyone sells in there for the most part. The SteamGameSwap subreddit was like that for a long time before they loosened the rules because no one was using it.

Yeah I grabbed HackyZack from a split during that E3 bundle. Really wish they wouldn't put Humble published stuff in monthlies, they should put them in regular bundles instead. Only disappointing games are HackyZack and Eterium for me..

Momodora's been on my wishlist for a while, so I did get something out of this that I wanted to play.

bread's done
Back