Humble Bundle Thread

But they don't really have a proper store - it's just the front page and then an alphabetical list below it. If they are using the tiles for discounts, it seems weird to have the same game twice in there at 2 different prices. Minor quibble, I guess.
This is what I was saying yesterday. What makes it confusing (or disorganized at least) is how everything is just lumped together alphabetically below...with the discounts changing daily. It just seems a little haphazard.

Regardless, there's a lot of stuff on the Humble Store that I'd like to pick up. But with holiday sales right around the corner, waiting probably makes more sense.

Not sure when they did it, but if you bought the 11 Bit studios bundle awhile ago they added steam keys for Anomaly Warzone Earth Mobile Campaign and Anomaly Korea.

anybody buy more than one wb bundle? I was going to buy another and gift the games to friends for x-mas. but wondering how that would work

anybody buy more than one wb bundle? I was going to buy another and gift the games to friends for x-mas. but wondering how that would work
yes u send me gift code and give them the llink and they just add and boom they add to their steam account

and am i suppose to get

Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack by now cause i still havent got it

so I initially paid $1.00 for the couple games I wanted (didn't really care for the BTA games), but now that they added more and sent me an email saying if I paid the rest I'd get all the games, I paid another $3.74 or whatever, but only got a link for the $1 games... ?

so I initially paid $1.00 for the couple games I wanted (didn't really care for the BTA games), but now that they added more and sent me an email saying if I paid the rest I'd get all the games, I paid another $3.74 or whatever, but only got a link for the $1 games... ?

Did you beat the price by at least a penny? I think if you only match it you don't get the games.

Did you beat the price by at least a penny? I think if you only match it you don't get the games.
I think I had to spend another $3.73, and my receipt says I paid $3.75 ( I rounded up lol), so definitely beat the price... I shot customer service an email. I'm guessing it's because I wasnt logged into my account when I checked out...

Bless your heart for keeping this updated with the newest game sales, louie. But I find it pretty hard to convince myself to bite on any of those games at those prices when I know that most of them will likely end up in a future Humble Bundle. All I have to do is wait it out.

Bless your heart for keeping this updated with the newest game sales, louie. But I find it pretty hard to convince myself to bite on any of those games at those prices when I know that most of them will likely end up in a future Humble Bundle. All I have to do is wait it out.
It's pretty quick and easy to plug them into the spreadsheet each day. It's a google doc so I can open up editing to select individuals or everyone if people want to help. It's still the debut week of sales though so I'm waiting to see how this operates regularly before worrying about any of that.

Ideally I'd like to scrape the page once or twice a day and have it happen automatically and dump to a csv. It doesn't look too difficult as it's one page and I know where the values are, but writing a spider is beyond my skill set. I'd also want to get permission from Humble, but I'm guessing one or two non-automated scrapes per day isn't why it's against their TOS.

Ideally I'd like to scrape the page once or twice a day and have it happen automatically and dump to a csv. It doesn't look too difficult as it's one page and I know where the values are, but writing a spider is beyond my skill set. I'd also want to get permission from Humble, but I'm guessing one or two non-automated scrapes per day isn't why it's against their TOS.
If you're replacing one or two manual requests with one or two automated requests, I don't see any real reason to ask. Same (or lower) impact on their resources, same result.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, still kind of surreal to see stuff like the newest Splinter Cell on the Humble site....
I'd be cool w/ namely having SC: Chaos Theory in a HB - namely, to get it officially the hell away from StarForce.

(I have SC: Chaos Theory from Retail - and SF disc-check is the crappy DRM that used)

But, oooh @ the thought of SC: BlackList in a HB would be awesome.

Yes - we need a Splinter Cell HB! :D

I'd be cool w/ namely having SC: Chaos Theory in a HB - namely, to get it officially the hell away from StarForce.

(I have SC: Chaos Theory from Retail - and SF disc-check is the crappy DRM that used)

But, oooh @ the thought of SC: BlackList in a HB would be awesome.

Yes - we need a Splinter Cell HB! :D
llol dont tom clancy bundle or far cry 3 and 4 jk

anyone know if the Majestic Indie Bundle has mount and blade warband? when I look it up, it only mentions mount and blade, but I seeing a lot of people playing warband and having cards?  did I miss a bundle with warband?  thank you in advance

anyone know if the Majestic Indie Bundle has mount and blade warband? when I look it up, it only mentions mount and blade, but I seeing a lot of people playing warband and having cards? did I miss a bundle with warband? thank you in advance
You're in the wrong thread (should ask in the Bundlestars thread), but as far as I can tell it's just Mount and Blade. The only bundle I know of that had Warband was the ridiculous $125 tier of the Humble Paradox weekly, but it's a paradox game so it goes on sale almost every other week which is probably where your friends got it.

You're in the wrong thread (should ask in the Bundlestars thread), but as far as I can tell it's just Mount and Blade. The only bundle I know of that had Warband was the ridiculous $125 tier of the Humble Paradox weekly, but it's a paradox game so it goes on sale almost every other week which is probably where your friends got it.
thanks for the answer, sorry about wrong thread

I remember that there was a bundle that had a second BTA at $125 tier, but did not bite

Mr. Ninja Squirrel, I believe you are correct that since this is a paradox game, it will be bundle again (and again).

thanks for the answer, sorry about wrong thread

I remember that there was a bundle that had a second BTA at $125 tier, but did not bite

Mr. Ninja Squirrel, I believe you are correct that since this is a paradox game, it will be bundle again (and again).
Yep, most likely Indie Gala will pick it up for one of their next bundles, like they have the majority of Paradox's lineup.

Who wants The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack?
It's a pretty fun, freemium MMO that you can actually progress pretty far without having to buy anything, I apparently had about 200 hours on it before I lost interest. I might have to go back to it and give it another try now that I have a new quest pack from my HB copy. I'd recommend purchasing the shared storage with the turbine points, that let's you trade items between characters, that way you don't have to rely on finding other people to do crafting for you.

edit:

Another thing I like about the game is it's equipping system solves the style vs. substance dilemma. You can equip armor, boots, gloves, helmet, etc. for stat gains and that can be shown as visible to others or instead you can put different items in the equivalent cosmetic slots. Love the stat gains on a helmet but think it's butt ugly? Put a sweet cavalier hat in the cosmetic head slot and it will display that instead of the ugly helmet.

Wouldn't mind that but they might stick us with some UPlay only keys.  Probably stuff like the older AssCreed and Splinter Cell games.

If Ubisoft does a bundle I'd bet my hat* it would be like the EA bundle (ie. to promote uPlay like Origin before it). Hopefully we would still get Steam keys from it though, they'd probably get a lot fewer sales otherwise.

*not the one I'm wearing now of course, I have a spare hat for betting ^_~

If Ubisoft does a bundle I'd bet my hat* it would be like the EA bundle (ie. to promote uPlay like Origin before it). Hopefully we would still get Steam keys from it though, they'd probably get a lot fewer sales otherwise.

*not the one I'm wearing now of course, I have a spare hat for betting ^_~
okay i bet ur food nuts that u hit me with then! it will be steam keys with uplay!

I'm interested in F.E.A.R. and Guardians of Middle Earth but I don't think I can get myself to buy that even in the last few hours.  Most of the other stuff I already have.

I'm interested in F.E.A.R. and Guardians of Middle Earth but I don't think I can get myself to buy that even in the last few hours. Most of the other stuff I already have.
I already own FEAR so you can have my Humble copy if you want it. Assuming I can gift it to you without screwing up the process.

PM'd you as well.

bread's done
Back