Humble Bundle Thread

I've tried to be nice to Humble.

I stood up for them when BundleStars fanboy #1 was trashing their name, and even through the questionable decisions they've been making.

But after this bundle, I think Humble and I should start seeing other people...

This%2Bis%2Bterrible%2B_896e0c06d75f06a93668ee9edde30565.jpg

I've tried to be nice to Humble.

I stood up for them when BundleStars fanboy #1 was trashing their name, and even through the questionable decisions they've been making.

But after this bundle, I think Humble and I should start seeing other people...
I'm glad you've come to your senses... Humble needs to earn the pedestal many CAGs still put it on.

What have you done for me lately?

Maybe they shouldn't do weeklies for a while until they have some better stuff to put together?
Maybe people shouldn't assume they need to buy one of these every week and Humble has to make it happen for them. What's the difference between this bundle and no bundle other than the people who don't already have the games getting completely shut out?

They're doing 52 of these every year. They're not all going to be worth it for people whose hobby is buying games and those people need to realize it.

Maybe people shouldn't assume they need to buy one of these every week and Humble has to make it happen for them. What's the difference between this bundle and no bundle other than the people who don't already have the games getting completely shut out?

They're doing 52 of these every year. They're not all going to be worth it for people whose hobby is buying games and those people need to realize it.
And they're most likely going to sell tens of thousands of this bundle so of course they'll keep doing it.

Fair point. Guess I'm spoiled by all the higher profile bundles.

I apologize if my post seemed venomous. It wasn't meant that way. Just honestly thought it might be worth having less bundles to have more exciting games. But you make a very good point. Just because I'm not excited by what's offered doesn't mean it's crap.

I wouldn't buy this bundle even if the current minimum was $0.00, or take it if it was given away.
Hm. This sounds familiar somehow. :whistle2:k

Fair point. Guess I'm spoiled by all the higher profile bundles.

I apologize if my post seemed venomous. It wasn't meant that way. Just honestly thought it might be worth having less bundles to have more exciting games. But you make a very good point. Just because I'm not excited by what's offered doesn't mean it's crap.
Eh, most of us feel this way about it. But most of us have been watching Humble since the first HIB rolled around and we didn't have any idea there would even be a second one. At this point in its life, Humble has a lot of followers that are bundle-watching noobz to whom HIB 1 is a mere historical curiosity. This is the target audience of some of these recent weeklies.

Of course, louiedog is right too. We probably ought to be paying our student loans or child support or heating bills instead of waiting for the clock to flip on these every week. Not that we're going to stop or anything--but we should.

I am starting to feel as though that whole Humble Popcap thing was some sort of masterful misdirection and will never be an actual thing that happens. . . . :oldman:

You mean these HB deals aren't specifically meant for me?! I don't believe you!

Of course, louiedog is right too. We probably ought to be paying our student loans or child support or heating bills instead of waiting for the clock to flip on these every week. Not that we're going to stop or anything--but we should.
I never borrowed a dime for college (or anything else). Kittens > human children. I live in Kali.

I just want a cheap-little pick-me-upper on Thursday =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherfucker!   :wall:  :wall:  :wall:  :twoguns: I JUST bought To the Moon during the last sale and haven't had time to touch it yet.  And I knew I should've waited, I knew that, but everybody said such great things about it I caved in and bought it.

Oh well, at least the rest of this bundle looks new to me, really hoping the BTA games aren't repeats.

I never borrowed a dime for college (or anything else). Kittens > human children. I live in Kali.

I just want a cheap-little pick-me-upper on Thursday =)
I should be so lucky. I always wanted to live in India.

Also if I told you how much I owed in student loans between me and my wife, you'd probably curl up in a ball and weep.

I am right now.

If only I could harvest human tears as some sort of currency, I might be able to pay these off before I die.

Also if I told you how much I owed in student loans between me and my wife, you'd probably curl up in a ball and weep.

I am right now.

If only I could harvest human tears as some sort of currency, I might be able to pay these off before I die.
Nobody knows you, post the amount. I'm curious what you owe, and how much more taking on a wife cost you.

Motherfucker! :wall: :wall: :wall: :twoguns: I JUST bought To the Moon during the last sale and haven't had time to touch it yet. And I knew I should've waited, I knew that, but everybody said such great things about it I caved in and bought it.

Oh well, at least the rest of this bundle looks new to me, really hoping the BTA games aren't repeats.
Whoa, looks like somebody just got through with an epic Typing of the Dead Overkill marathon!

Take it easy, Detective Washington. Gift that goddamn URL to someone who doesn't have To the Moon but does have a soul. He or she will thank you for it.

Nobody knows you, post the amount. I'm curious what you owe, and how much more taking on a wife cost you.
It's six figures and I'll just leave it at that.

I am right now.

I would trade steambux for your tears.

I'd rather see old HiB than whatever bs site it is now. A bundle release every few months that rocks - none of this weekly false-hope bs they do now. They have more than run out their goodwill for me. HiB X was supposed to be a masterpiece! I waded through crap android bundles- THE fuck

HB repeating the same old crap is bad for us, but good for them. They make more money than any other bundle site, regardless if the bundles are crap.

Who doesn't like money?

HB repeating the same old crap is bad for us, but good for them. They make more money than any other bundle site, regardless if the bundles are crap.

Who doesn't like money?
They're just coasting on their brand reputation now. They could sell jpegs of turds (the Mojam bundles were close enough) for $10 and move thousands in seconds just by nature of being "Humble" meanwhile any other bundle site could have the most amazing package of games on an excellent deal and it would get ignored by all but hardcore deal site combers.

Whoa, looks like somebody just got through with an epic Typing of the Dead Overkill marathon!

Take it easy, Detective Washington. Gift that goddamn URL to someone who doesn't have To the Moon but does have a soul. He or she will thank you for it.

It's six figures and I'll just leave it at that.
That doesn't sound like anything special if you are combining 2 people's loans. Looks like neither of you bothered with Law school or Medical school huh?

And I have nobody to gift it too. Obviously selling/trading it isn't an option when it's available to anybody for a dollar. I guess I can sit on it for a year or two and see if I can trade it for a cheap indie game during a sale or something....

They're just coasting on their brand reputation now. They could sell jpegs of turds (the Mojam bundles were close enough) for $10 and move thousands in seconds just by nature of being "Humble" meanwhile any other bundle site could have the most amazing package of games on an excellent deal and it would get ignored by all but hardcore deal site combers.
To be fair, I've found that most of the other indie bundles are not worth my time, at least not on a regular basis. Sure occasionally IndieGala or Indie Royale will put out something worth buying, and I've even been known to piss away money on Groupees once or twice, but largely the Humble Bundle is the only one I find worth buying.

That said, I've been ignoring the weekly deals and whatnot. I figure if a game is coming up on the weekly then it'll likely be part of another bundle in some form or another anyways.

Last edited:

Who doesn't like money?
This is true to a certain extent. They currently do make way more than any other bundle site. However, putting out bad bundles still hurts their overall reputation. Eventually it will catch up to them when consumers get fed up.

Additionally, I'm sure the amount of bundles they sell is also a selling point to getting higher quality games. If they can no longer guarantee that "Hey, if you put your game in our bundle, you're guaranteed to get X amount of sales", then a developer might be less inclined to include their high profile game.

This is true to a certain extent. They currently do make way more than any other bundle site. However, putting out bad bundles still hurts their overall reputation. Eventually it will catch up to them when consumers get fed up.

Additionally, I'm sure the amount of bundles they sell is also a selling point to getting higher quality games. If they can no longer guarantee that "Hey, if you put your game in our bundle, you're guaranteed to get X amount of sales", then a developer might be less inclined to include their high profile game.
In two days they're at almost 150k bundles sold. I think they're doing just fine and most developers would be happy to get a piece of that.

I don't think so. I think they've become so monolithic and such a brand that they've transcended all of that. It's like Starbucks could make burnt nasty coffee but the masses will still go there because it's Starbucks. Even if a minority of people with discerning tastes go elsewhere it really doesn't hurt their bottom line that much.

Who doesn't like money?
ascetics

That doesn't sound like anything special if you are combining 2 people's loans. Looks like neither of you bothered with Law school or Medical school huh?

And I have nobody to gift it too. Obviously selling/trading it isn't an option when it's available to anybody for a dollar. I guess I can sit on it for a year or two and see if I can trade it for a cheap indie game during a sale or something....
(unprovoked) personal attacks -> not cool

You haven't met Idiot...

Reputation doesn't keep one in burgers...

ascetics

(unprovoked) personal attacks -> not cool

You haven't met Idiot...

Reputation doesn't keep one in burgers...
What personal attack? All I said was that, if you had to combine 2 people's loans to break 100K, then it's not out of the ordinary. I am of course assuming we are talking 4 year degrees and not some tech school or an online degree

I mean hell, my dentist (not ancient but kinda old) came out of school with 200K debt by himself, which isn't that unusual for anybody going to dental school today. I work with lawyers all the time at my work, and I've yet to discuss schooling with one who didn't spend over 100K on college + law school. And the ones who didn't get a free ride with their daddy's trust funds had to take it through loans.

I don't follow how not graduating with a ton of debt = insulting. However, I do see how calling me an idiot IS a personal attack. Maybe we should work on that hypocrisy....

Last edited:
The only issue with that, of course, is that other bundle sites haven't had amazing packages of games lately, either. Groupees, Indie Gala and Indie Royale have all been coasting along for awhile.

I'm not going to get into why this is problematic for me personally. This isn't the "whine about your debt:income ratio forum."

And I have nobody to gift it too. Obviously selling/trading it isn't an option when it's available to anybody for a dollar.
Well, you can just gift it to someone, like a random stranger. If you're buying in at the $1 tier anyway, why not? Just post it here or on the key trading thread or post a message saying, "hey, I have this. First PM gets it." I was being jokey about it but I was serious about thinking this game should get the widest possible audience because it's a very moving experience.

What personal attack? All I said was that, if you had to combine 2 people's loans to break 100K, then it's not out of the ordinary. I am of course assuming we are talking 4 year degrees and not some tech school or an online degree

I mean hell, my dentist (not ancient but kinda old) came out of school with 200K debt by himself, which isn't that unusual. I work with lawyers all the time at my work, and I've yet to discuss schooling with one who didn't spend over 100K on college + law school.

I don't follow how not graduating with a ton of debt = insulting. However, I do see how calling me an idiot IS a personal attack. Maybe we should work on that hypocrisy....
"Looks like neither of you bothered with Law school or Medical school huh?"

This Idiot (and CAG legend)

The only issue with that, of course, is that other bundle sites haven't had amazing packages of games lately, either. Groupees, Indie Gala and Indie Royale have all been coasting along for awhile.
I thought the Groupees Holiday bundle was very good, but otherwise I agree. Indie Royale does decent debut bundles, but their main bundles have sucked for a while.

I'm not going to get into why this is problematic for me personally. This isn't the "whine about your debt:income ratio forum."
We need one, I'd love to have some other people to vent to while reading about loans worse than mine.

Idiot(ekque) is a person/username, not an attack on you.
:oops: I can't see the hyperlink on my phone :oops:

Last edited:
I thought the Groupees Holiday bundle was very good, but otherwise I agree. Indie Royale does decent debut bundles, but their main bundles have sucked for a while.
I liked that one too. I mean they had day 1 Steam release for 50 cents and it was actually decent in a casual lighthearted romp sort of way. Avernum is pretty good too.

It had a couple of turds like Gentleman! but it was a build a bundle so you could safely ignore it
or get it just to sell the cards

The Holiday bundle had almost nothing for bonuses, and the music and such were build choices, not bonuses. I still grabbed quite a few choices from it, of course, and rather liked the bundle. That said, that bundle, Be Mine X, and the various small ones around and between really pale in comparison to some of Groupee's greats.

I also am a big fan of the IR Debut bundles. However, I recognize that I'm in the minority on that.

And Draw a Stickman, and Blood of the Werewolf...honestly so far every game I've tried has been pretty lousy, I'm almost afraid to play the others.
Regardless of your hindsight... The BAB looked good and was well priced. Even I snapped most of it up in short order.

...we haven't been able to say that about HIB in a while (pinball weekly for me)

Store Sales:

[googledoc]0ApuPW_S5osdXdF81UEUzRUlUX2I4d25IVkJ5UTQxRmc[/googledoc]

Anyone know how to resize that google doc embed?

Anyone know how to resize that google doc embed?
I thought the white space was for emphasis. ;)

When I looked earlier I was a bit facepalm that the BT games were 80% instead of 90% (as they were throughout Xmas on Steam and Amazon).

I did a double take when I saw Fist of Awesome on the Humble Store... surprisingly, it is not on Steam (for some reason, I thought all Humble Store games were on Steam and DRM-Free?).

It's a rather simple but humorous Final Fight style game, but what really made it stand out to me is the intuitive touch controls.  It doesn't use virtual buttons or joystick and instead plays to a touch screen's strengths.  I'm not sure how well it would translate to regular controls when it's up against stiffer competition.

Oh, and you beat up bear bouncers.  Outside of a club called Bear Naked.  

You should try Driftmoon. :p
Nah, Squirrel likes to play awful games then give them amazing reviews.. like Super Hexagon.

MNS said:
Taking Super Hexagon at face value would be missing the point. Its simple graphics and controls hide an incredibly challenging and addictive game that only gets better the longer you play it.

The beat of the music drives the entire experience, sucking you into the epileptic colors and lights of the moving levels. Super Hexagon never goes easy on you or even pretends to want to give you a hand. Its meant for those that love a challenge, that get goosebumps over seeing they beat their hi-scores, and that will spend hours practicing a single level.

If that sounds like you Super Hexagon will not disappoint. Though it began as a mobile game, the move to PC with improved controls only enhances the experience, and I can't imagine playing it any other way. If you are looking for a game that put your reflexes to the test, you've found it.

I did a double take when I saw Fist of Awesome on the Humble Store... surprisingly, it is not on Steam (for some reason, I thought all Humble Store games were on Steam and DRM-Free?).
Canabalt and the Mobile bundles say no.

I'd be hard pressed to think of a game I would like to play less than Super Hexagon. I couldn't even bring myself to buy it at 30 cents, but then someone gifted it to me.

bread's done
Back