Humble Bundle Thread

Looking at the list of main bundles and their totals, the only reason HiB 9 doesn't look like an outlier is because HiB V is even more of an outlier.
My analysis:

#5 had a good lineup, and a high average price due to everyone wanting Bastion. Of course, nowadays the idea of paying $8+ for a single BTA game seems ridiculous but somehow it made sense back then. :???:

#9 seems to be a standout just because it sold a shit ton of copies. The lineup was good but the average wasn't that high.

#10 was a bit poopy (ok, we'll say overhyped) and that is reflected in its sales IMO.

I agree with the sentiment that #11 is the best...it basically lives up to the myth of "numbered indie bundle" that was built up in our minds leading up to #10. I am going to take a guess and say its BTA games were the reason it didn't do better. Antichamber and Monaco are great games, but someone seeing either of them for the first time will probably not understand what the big deal is.

Personally, the bundle whose stats confuse me most is Deep Silver. $2.5 million seems a little low. Also, looking at its overall quality and the numbers it did, why the heck wasn't Jumbo a numbered bundle?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the sentiment that #11 is the best...it basically lives up to the myth of "numbered indie bundle" that was built up in our minds leading up to #10. I am going to take a guess and say its BTA games were the reason it didn't do better. Antichamber and Monaco are great games, but someone seeing either of them for the first time will probably not understand what the big deal is.
The Monaco dude agrees regarding this HB's BTA tier. Also has some loose numbers for perusal.

I think they would've done better to switch Guacamelee and Antichamber. Antichamber is great, but a bit complex and, as a result, somewhat niche. Guacamelee is really well known, and probably would've garnered more bta than antichamber. Monaco probably was the best choice outside of Guacamelee to be in the BTA tier, maybe Dust would've been better, though.

My analysis:

#5 had a good lineup, and a high average price due to everyone wanting Bastion. Of course, nowadays the idea of paying $8+ for a single BTA game seems ridiculous but somehow it made sense back then. :???:

#9 seems to be a standout just because it sold a shit ton of copies. The lineup was good but the average wasn't that high.

#10 was a bit poopy (ok, we'll say overhyped) and that is reflected in its sales IMO.

I agree with the sentiment that #11 is the best...it basically lives up to the myth of "numbered indie bundle" that was built up in our minds leading up to #10. I am going to play analyst and say its BTA games were the reason it didn't do better. Antichamber and Monaco are great games, but someone seeing either of them for the first time will probably not understand what the big deal is.

Personally, the bundle whose stats confuse me most is Deep Silver. $2.5 million seems a little low. Also, looking at its overall quality and the numbers it did, why the heck wasn't Jumbo a numbered bundle?
The dollar tier was Saints Row 2, Saints Row The Third, Risen 2 and Sacred 2. Beating the average at first only got you Dead Island and Saints Row The Thirds DLC. The bonuses weren't much to shout about. Metro 2033 was being given away free through Facebook giveaways and the like before the bundle. If you paid the dollar you got Risen 2 so there wasn't much reason to pay extra for the first game. Sacred Citadel was not what any Sacred fan was wanting to see. So the bonuses might not have been worth it to most. Also 25$ extra for Dead Island Riptide wasn't that tempting. I say most people just went with the dollar tier. Me personally I got the BTA but not Riptide.

The Monaco dude agrees regarding this HB's BTA tier. Also has some loose numbers for perusal.
Thanks, pretty interesting read.

I think they would've done better to switch Guacamelee and Antichamber. Antichamber is great, but a bit complex and, as a result, somewhat niche. Guacamelee is really well known, and probably would've garnered more bta than antichamber. Monaco probably was the best choice outside of Guacamelee to be in the BTA tier, maybe Dust would've been better, though.
Yeah. I think there's a lot that plays into it but Guac and Dust just have more instant appeal. Unless you hate Mexicans or furries. Personally I was glad to have Antichamber in the BTA since it's a little more expensive than the rest ($20 msrp vs $15 for every other game in the bundle.) But clearly non-CAGs don't see it that way.

The dollar tier was Saints Row 2, Saints Row The Third, Risen 2 and Sacred 2. Beating the average at first only got you Dead Island and Saints Row The Thirds DLC. The bonuses weren't much to shout about. Metro 2033 was being given away free through Facebook giveaways and the like before the bundle. If you paid the dollar you got Risen 2 so there wasn't much reason to pay extra for the first game. Sacred Citadel was not what any Sacred fan was wanting to see. So the bonuses might not have been worth it to most. Also 25$ extra for Dead Island Riptide wasn't that tempting. I say most people just went with the dollar tier. Me personally I got the BTA but not Riptide.
That makes a lot of sense. I also did the regular BTA, because I wanted the SR3 DLC (which ultimately wasn't worth it.) But even in terms of numbers sold it didn't do that well. I guess people just haven't heard of Deep Silver.

Also, I was glad they added Sacred Citadel because I love beat-em-ups...until I played it. Not a good beat-em-up OR a good Sacred game.

My analysis:

[snipped]

Looking at my receipt, it seems I paid $7.50 for HiB V. It was my first bundle purchase, it was in the second week of the bundle, and $7.50 seemed awesome for all of the BTA games I was getting. Different times.

Jumbo couldn't be a main numbered bundle because its games didn't meet the criteria for the main numbered bundled. They weren't all drm-free and multi-platform. I wouldn't be surprised to see Humble Jumbo Bundle 2 (and beyond) at some point, either.

Looking at my receipt, it seems I paid $7.50 for HiB V. It was my first bundle purchase, it was in the second week of the bundle, and $7.50 seemed awesome for all of the BTA games I was getting. Different times.

Jumbo couldn't be a main numbered bundle because its games didn't meet the criteria for the main numbered bundled. They weren't all drm-free and multi-platform. I wouldn't be surprised to see Humble Jumbo Bundle 2 (and beyond) at some point, either.
Yeah, I got it for $7.00 and was very happy. Nowadays, if any of those games appeared in a bundle it would have people groaning. :lol:

Ah, yes. Somewhere in the recesses of my mind I knew that. I'd be happy to see another if it's on par with the first.

It's way too early for Sega bundle.

And they haven't event finished it.

(They changed some games on ROW-version, but not German-version)

It's a good possibility a majority of the crowd already bought those games.
This. Despite every single game in HB11 being indie trash, I somehow owned all of them (except Antiwhatitscrapcalled). I believe they've all been in other bundles or dirt cheap dozens of times.

This. Despite every single game in HB11 being indie trash, I somehow owned all of them (except Antiwhatitscrapcalled). I believe they've all been in other bundles or dirt cheap dozens of times.
I don't believe any of those titles were previously bundled, which is why people were pleasantly surprised. However, lots of people had bought those titles during various sales throughout 2013, but nobody got them at bundle prices (<$1).

Dirt cheap yes, but bundled... nope. None of them had been bundled before. (Giana Sisters + Owlverlord doesn't count.)

My tracking system is terrible, all I know is that when I looked up each game it was green (thanks to ES) so it had to have been cheap or bundled.

Interesting. I'm still not convinced the entries are for a Sega Humble, but we'll see.
Yeah, can't be sure until it happens. If it never happens, we never know if it was humble or not :(

The last time this happened weren't the bundles everyone thought were going to be a sega humble bundle just some shitty bundle sega put up on their own website for way more than anyone would actually pay for said games?
I didn't think it was going to be humble. I think I said so back then too.

It didn't even have two tiers.

Yeah, can't be sure until it happens. If it never happens, we never know if it was humble or not :(

I didn't think it was going to be humble. I think I said so back then too.

It didn't even have two tiers.
Yeah. Just seems Humble has been moving to individual keys too lately which is another reason I am skeptical.

Yeah. Just seems Humble has been moving to individual keys too lately which is another reason I am skeptical.
It could be they single keys are easier to manage when there are multiple devs/publishers.

They seem to be still using with some single publisher bundles (Codemaster, Zen Pinball, Popcap)

POPCAP!!!!

$1 tier

Peggle Deluxe

Bejeweled 3

Bookworm Deluxe

Escape Rosecliff Island

Feeding Frenzy 2 Deluxe

$6 tier

Plants vs Zombies GOTY Edition

Peggle Nights

Zuma's Revenge

HUMBLE POPCAP BUNDLE

1388244719973.gif

New Humble Weekly Sale - Popcap:

All games activate on both Steam and Origin.

Pay $6 or more for:

New Humble Store sales:

LATE EDIT: New Bundle - Devolver Digital Double Debut:

Redeem on Steam and VHX. All of these games are redeemable on Steam for Windows, with the exception of Cosmic DJ*, which is available DRM-free. Full system requirements for the games can be found here. All the films are available through VHX, a direct-to-fan distribution platform built for premium video that empowers artists to sell their work from their own websites. For more information on how to redeem codes through VHX, click here.

*Note: Cosmic DJ is currently only available as DRM-free for Mac and Windows. Steam keys for this game will be available for redemption when the game is released on Steam.

Pay more than $10 for:

All of the money for the Popcap bundle is going to cancer charites minus the Humble tip, for those that care about such things.

Apparently I owned Peggle on every platform but Steam. Fixed!

Am I the only one that (almost, I have done a couple times for specific charities I like to sponsor) never gives any money to the charities? There was no developer cut this time so my whole $6 went to the Humble tip.

bread's done
Back