Humble Bundle Thread

5/7/7? I give you three imitation crabsticks out of a fugu sashimi platter.
I used what I thought was an accurate syllable counter, but I just used another one and you're right about the last line. I was tired so I didn't bother to question the checker. I'll fix it. I give your correction, five minutes of sleep out of a 8 hour workday.

I used what I thought was an accurate syllable counter, but I just used another one and you're right about the last line. I was tired so I didn't bother to question the checker. I'll fix it. I give your correction, five minutes of sleep out of a 8 hour workday.
If speak english, don't have to follow 5/7/5

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny for a minute. And then you realize it's just bad.
Pretty much this... Surgeon Simulator is one of those games that might actually be funner to watch than to actually play.

I know I'm really late to the party but I got Speedrunners back last September (or so) while on sale as part of a 4 pack (from Jake), I think I paid about 2.50 for it and feel I got good value for it... (Even though I've rarely, if ever played it online) They recently added a single player campaign that's rather fun and even has a trials vibe to it in a somewhat more limited feel.

So it worth the 6 dollar tier? Not really. It would have been awesome as a $1 tier addition/game and everyone should keep an eye on it for its next bundle appearance. Its a much better game than most bundle fare.

New Humble Store promotion - Nordic Games Deals:

"Save up to 80% off Red Faction, Darksiders, and more on the Humble Store"

New Humble Store sales:

I hope tomorrow is an Indie bundle. They have taken us through the shitstorm with multiple Android bundles and an ebook bundle. All the good games are most likely contracted with them and more than enough time has passed. I wouldn't mind as much if good games were released on the regular with other bundle sites; but it's been since February since anything exciting has gone on with bundles. Drought needs to end.

I hope tomorrow is an Indie bundle. They have taken us through the shitstorm with multiple Android bundles and an ebook bundle. All the good games are most likely contracted with them and more than enough time has passed. I wouldn't mind as much if good games were released on the regular with other bundle sites; but it's been since February since anything exciting has gone on with bundles. Drought needs to end.
You just started following Humble this year, then?

We've already had two Humble Indies this year. Three is the most we've seen in a year. You could say that Humble Bundle X was the somewhat delayed final bundle of 2013, but even so we're still ahead of schedule on main bundles for the year.

That said, we could very well see Humble pick up the pace and run 4-5 main bundles this year. That would be nice.

If not a main bundle, something like Humble Jumbo 2 or a publisher bundle would be nice. On the other hand we could see a month-long break like we saw in April/May last year.

You just started following Humble this year, then?

We've already had two Humble Indies this year. Three is the most we've seen in a year. You could say that Humble Bundle X was the somewhat delayed final bundle of 2013, but even so we're still ahead of schedule on main bundles for the year.

That said, we could very well see Humble pick up the pace and run 4-5 main bundles this year. That would be nice.

If not a main bundle, something like Humble Jumbo 2 or a publisher bundle would be nice. On the other hand we could see a month-long break like we saw in April/May last year.
No, I started following during HB's first bundle.*Puts hipster shades on*

It would seem the more popular HB gets, the less likely good Indie games will go to another bundle site. HB has made their name on releasing quality bundles. Good indies want HB's goodwill.

There comes a time when the sales of a game dips even when steam has a 75% sale. Not too much longer after that; games will look at bundles for sales(this entails good indie games, not the fodder you see on desura). That time is usually 1 year to 1.5 years later. Since the current market has seen more and more good Indie game releases, it means more games want to contract with Humble. I expect by now, there should be atleast 1 good bundle every 3 months, no reason not to, many Indie games would be in prime position to be in a bundle. It would be in both parties best interest. As we've seen from the past, HB used to give us only a few bundles per year, now has escalated to weekly and bi-weekly bundles.

We just had an eBook bundle, right? So hopefully that'll not be it. And this was a crappy Android-game scraping-the-bottom-of-the-barrel bundle.

I'm guessing it'll be a publisher collection. Not Popcap. Maybe SOMETHING ELSE from EA?

Is Titan Quest Gold worth $5, or should I just wait until I can get in touch with my friend who has it and use Steam family sharing?
Very worth it I think. Remember to get the fan patch (read directions before installing patch and launching game), I guess its a mess without it.

Can't wait to penny lock this bad boy. Got The Cave on PC for a buck (trade thread), got Room Two on iPad for a buck on sale, and Carcassonne was an Amazon FAOTD.

You know I usually like the mobile bundles, but this just seems ridiculously terrible compared to normal. It's like the sole reason this exists is to give more cash to Double Fine for "The Cave".

Why even try to predict humble, its like trying to predict indiegala at this point. So many good indie games without a bundle home.

You know I usually like the mobile bundles, but this just seems ridiculously terrible compared to normal. It's like the sole reason this exists is to give more cash to Double Fine for "The Cave".
What makes this one terrible compared to the lineup of the other four Humble Mobile bundles? Serious question. I grabbed all of the previous ones cheap, and this one seems about as appealing--that is, not very appealing, but nicely priced because it's truly PWYW without needing to hit $1 for Steam keys.

There is a change with this one in that they've moved a game from the base level to the BTA.

Oops. Locked in my penny for the last bundle then forgot to buy it when they added the new games. Snooze you lose I guess.

These Android bundles are completely useless to me since I don't use Android products because Apple still exists. I wish someone would figure out a way to get Apple game bundles going. I'm sure it's entirely on Apple's end. Snooty bastards don't want to allow for discounts on anything they sell. Hopefully that's changing though.

You can still increase your order amount (and get the BTA games) for up to 30 days after the bundle ends.

I think you can still add to your order for a few weeks after the bundle ends.

EDIT: Sifu'd
Awesome! Thanks for the tip. I looked at the page and it said,

"Your current total: $0.01

Make sure your total is over $3.46 to unlock ."
The odd spacing made me believe that it would normally say I can unlock X games but that the option was gone since the bundle is over. Since I can wait a little longer I'll probably just hold off till pay day on Friday and snag these backlog fillers.

Oops. Locked in my penny for the last bundle then forgot to buy it when they added the new games. Snooze you lose I guess.

These Android bundles are completely useless to me since I don't use Android products because Apple still exists. I wish someone would figure out a way to get Apple game bundles going. I'm sure it's entirely on Apple's end. Snooty bastards don't want to allow for discounts on anything they sell. Hopefully that's changing though.
You can still go back in and increase your donation on the old bundle. You have a couple weeks where you can still change it.

No way to do an apple bundle because they don't allow installation of apps other than through their own store.

Mobile games, audio tracks, E-Books....

Humble Bundle, wherefore art thou?
Why even try to predict humble, its like trying to predict indiegala at this point. So many good indie games without a bundle home.
What's there to predict? Humble has changed in that they've decided to run more bundles even without considering the weekly.

Humble ran the Humble Mojam Bundle 2 for 4 days in February 2013. Besides that, they ran no bundles between the end of Humble Indie Bundle 7 on January 2, 2013 and the beginning of Humble Android 5 on March 5, 2013. (And Humble Android 5 was a not a great bundle.) There was a week off after the next bundle (the first Mobile), and a month off after that with a week off between bundles being the norm after that.

There was an awesome stretch in the fall where they ran bundles back to back without a break, but that included the Comedy bundle and a Mobile bundle.

I think it's very clear that Humble has changed, but they've done so by running alternative bundles instead of taking time off. People don't seem to remember the time when we'd wait on Tuesday to see if Humble ran a bundle at all.

Crap. Fine <waits for bundle>. That's what I get for replying in the d3 thread first...

Video strongly reminds me of 90s shareware.
I'm in the same boat. I had it in my cart at the glitched price, looked at some reviews and by the time I decided to buy it, when I clicked "Pay with Credit Card" it told me the price had expired and I have to re-add it at the current price. A price glitch is the least they could do after the new craptastic bundle. :p

Edit: That is exactly how my checkout looks (minus the Mac part). Annoying.

But you're right, it's pretty much guaranteed to be bundle fodder at some point.

I'm in the same boat. I had it in my cart at the glitched price, looked at some reviews and by the time I decided to buy it, when I clicked "Pay with Credit Card" it told me the price had expired and I have to re-add it at the current price. A price glitch is the least they could do after the new craptastic bundle. :p
Yeah, the tab-locked-price trick that works on the bundles doesn't work on the store. I had a tab with the $0.89 open, using that to buy it (post-fix) allowed me to add it to the cart at that price but the HumbleGlitchHatingBastards wouldn't let me check out with my cart...

Screen_shot_2014_04_15_at_11_46_25_AM.png

I cut it off there to omit my email, but the checkout buttons exist but don't work.

After seeing the video I really don't feel bad missing it, in fact $1 for just it might be a little steep by CAG standards. Besides it'll make its' bundle that much sweeter (unless it's $6 weekly, in which case sour grapes).

Edit: That is exactly how my checkout looks (minus the Mac part). Annoying.

But you're right, it's pretty much guaranteed to be bundle fodder at some point.
Lesson of the day, when there is a price glitch, always buy first check later. The game has 5 cards and after selling them, the game may just pay for itself.

This bundle is not dropping in price like I hoped.  The last Mobile dropped below $3.  This one bottomed out around $3.45 and now just keeps climbing.  I suspect the change to having three games in the BTA is part of it, but also I think that the BTA games have more name recognition this time.

I've decided that HB has been asking me to hate-penny them lately... which I've been happy to oblige.

(I'm pretty sure I already have Carcassonne on Android, and honestly I rarely play any games on android.  I have no doubt The Cave will the HB'd again.)

I've decided that HB has been asking me to hate-penny them lately... which I've been happy to oblige.

(I'm pretty sure I already have Carcassonne on Android, and honestly I rarely play any games on android. I have no doubt The Cave will the HB'd again.)
The Cave was free on Amazon. If you follow the Android thread here on CAG you may have picked it up there.

(I'm pretty sure I already have Carcassonne on Android, and honestly I rarely play any games on android. I have no doubt The Cave will the HB'd again.)
Considering it's a Double Fine game, I'm amazed it hasn't been bundled already. My only guess would be it hasn't for the same reason as Iron Brigade, the publisher (Sega) won't allow it. I'm guessing the Android version sells badly enough for them to allow it in this case, though.

Considering it's a Double Fine game, I'm amazed it hasn't been bundled already. My only guess would be it hasn't for the same reason as Iron Brigade, the publisher (Sega) won't allow it. I'm guessing the Android version sells badly enough for them to allow it in this case, though.
The Android version on both Google Play and Amazon is sold under the Double Fine account rather than SEGA's. It's possible that's just to make it easier for them to patch and work on, but it may be that SEGA's publishing deal only applies to the console and PC versions.

bread's done
Back