Humble Bundle Thread

Wonder if there will be stuff other than COH.
Today we are happy to announce that Relic Entertainment is taking part in the Sega Humble Bundle running from November 15th to 29th. Each member of the Sega family participating in this Humble Bundle was able to nominate a charity, and we wanted to take a moment to highlight the charity that we have chosen: Able Gamers Charity.

Sounds like multiple studios/games. Then again, they got the dates wrong so who really knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it doesn't have Valkyria Chronicles I don't care.

So few Sega games I don't already own.

I thought i missed out on HiB 13, but i see the page where i got teleglitch is offering for me to buy the whole bundle. It also says it doesn't do new orders. For clarification purposes if i add money, will i get keys?

I hope that Nights into Dreams is in that bundle in the lower priced tier. That's the only classic Sega Japan game I don't own (Relic isn't my cup of tea, and neither is Warhammer.) Maybe it'll include Hell Yeah?

I'm pretty saturated with SEGA stuff since they seem to participate in just about every sale opportunity that arises. However, there are a few I'd love to have -- and a couple of pesky ones that never seem to go low enough:

- Toe Jam & Earl and Panic on Funkotron (won't happen)

- Valkyria Chronicles (won't happen)

- Alien Isolation (won't happen)

- Typing of the Dead (some kind of complete package in a reasonable tier)

- Warhammer 40k: Soulstorm

From the Cmpany of Heroes Blog: http://blogs.companyofheroes.com/2014/11/15/sega-humble-bundle-supports-the-able-gamers/

"In order to receive the Oberkommando West Western Front Armies faction, your donation will need to fall into the second tier ‘beat the average’ level."

So we have at least that in the BTA tier. Since it's a DLC for Company of Heroes 2, is COH2 likely to be in the dollar tier then?

EDIT: As Drabelincoln noted, the game is a standalone not DLC. My mistake.

So is there a way to redeem COH2 if you had the demo at some point? That still seems to be an issue for me where i installed the demo once and steam still thinks I own the full game when i dont.  I thought others had the same issue where now it wont let you buy or redeem the full game since steam thinks you already own it

-edit

So found the companys response on their forums, telling people they can still go to the checkout screen and hit 'purchase for myself' even if steam already says you own it.  So hopefully that means any keys from HB will also redeem just fine

I realized a couple of days ago that I was confusing Monster Loves You! with Always Sometimes Monsters in the Humble Jumbo and now I'm sad that I added a generic RPGMaker game to my Steam account.

I realized a couple of days ago that I was confusing Monster Loves You! with Always Sometimes Monsters in the Humble Jumbo and now I'm sad that I added a generic RPGMaker game to my Steam account.
well, color me surprised! I looked up the rating of Always Sometimes Monsters and found this

Steam rating: 9/10

Gamespot rating: 5/10

how the heck can this be?!?!

p.s. warreni, not all RPGMaker games are poop

He and I may hold similar feelings about RPG Maker games: It's really hard for me to get over the seemingly cookie-cutter nature of RPG Maker games. They all seem to look similar, have horrible controls, clunky interfaces, and just feel super-generic. I'll admit that I haven't played many of them, but those that I have played have left a bad taste in my mouth.

I often hear people talk highly of certain RPG Maker stories, but I have yet to come across one good enough to make me forget I was playing an RPG Maker game.

He and I may hold similar feelings about RPG Maker games: It's really hard for me to get over the seemingly cookie-cutter nature of RPG Maker games. They all seem to look similar, have horrible controls, clunky interfaces, and just feel super-generic. I'll admit that I haven't played many of them, but those that I have played have left a bad taste in my mouth.

I often hear people talk highly of certain RPG Maker stories, but I have yet to come across one good enough to make me forget I was playing an RPG Maker game.
If you have RPG Maker, try to make a game. You'll see it isn't as cookie cutter as many people think and might enjoy playing others and seeing how complex simple some features are to make. I felt the same way until Humble Bundle RPG Maker and I spent 40+ hours making only about 50% of a small game. Some of the ones that look like they could have been made in an afternoon by a kid working on it in between rounds of 360 no scopes, probably took a lot longer than that and a lot more effort to create.

If you have RPG Maker, try to make a game. You'll see it isn't as cookie cutter as many people think and might enjoy playing others and seeing how complex simple some features are to make.
But if it feels cookie-cutter than that's pretty academic, isn't it? I get the idea of "I put a lot of time into this" -- I never used RPG Maker but I used to use (dating myself here) Adventure Construction Set, Shoot 'Em Up Construction Kit and Unlimited Adventures. So I know it can be time consuming. But just "time consuming" doesn't make it a better game. The stuff Hal mentioned is all in Always Sometimes Monsters: bad controls, crappy menus that are a pain to navigate through, plodding dialogue boxes, etc. Some of the crap is just bad design choices ("waste your gaming time loading an indeterminate number of boxes as, I dunno, an allegory or something I guess") but some of it seems to be a function of the tools. No matter how long it takes to use them.

well, color me surprised! I looked up the rating of Always Sometimes Monsters and found this
Steam rating: 9/10
Gamespot rating: 5/10

how the heck can this be?!?!
Um, I'm going with a bunch of yahoos on Steam have little taste; that's the real noggin-knocker, isn't it? Lots of people enjoy anything that anyone churns out with RPGMaker, but that's no guarantee of quality.

Frankly, the name suggests an inherent and pretentious paradox and the description only makes it further look like lukewarm dog feces.

Well, sure, but most of them are.

Well, I'm pretty sure that To The Moon was made using RPGMaker, and it was actually one of the best games I've played in recent memory. But it's definitely the exception to the rule in my book.

If you have RPG Maker, try to make a game. You'll see it isn't as cookie cutter as many people think and might enjoy playing others and seeing how complex simple some features are to make. I felt the same way until Humble Bundle RPG Maker and I spent 40+ hours making only about 50% of a small game. Some of the ones that look like they could have been made in an afternoon by a kid working on it in between rounds of 360 no scopes, probably took a lot longer than that and a lot more effort to create.
But if it feels cookie-cutter than that's pretty academic, isn't it? I get the idea of "I put a lot of time into this" -- I never used RPG Maker but I used to use (dating myself here) Adventure Construction Set, <a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoot-" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoot-" em-up_construction_kit"="">Shoot 'Em Up Construction Kit and Unlimited Adventures. So I know it can be time consuming. But just "time consuming" doesn't make it a better game. The stuff Hal mentioned is all in Always Sometimes Monsters: bad controls, crappy menus that are a pain to navigate through, plodding dialogue boxes, etc. Some of the crap is just bad design choices ("waste your gaming time loading an indeterminate number of boxes as, I dunno, an allegory or something I guess") but some of it seems to be a function of the tools. No matter how long it takes to use them.
Well, pretty much what he said. Even companies with budgets in the tens of millions for game development churn out crap--and it's crap that hundreds of people may have put tens of thousands of collective man-hours to produce. If your only point is that RPGMaker XP isn't an easy development platform or that it takes a lot of effort to make even a relatively-simple game, then I don't necessarily disagree. But if the notion that because something took a lot of time is supposed to somehow mean that we should all respect and wish to play the fruits of such labor, I think you've missed the boat somewhere. I can (and likely so can you) name dozens of games that took a lot of time to make and still weren't very good.

And as SE says here, the criticism of RPGMaker games in a broad sense is not that it isn't possible to make a good game with it; it's that it's far easier to make a terrible game with it, and thus reinforce the idea that many people have that most RPGMaker games are inherently terrible.

And at the end of the day, I personally would much rather play Monster Loves You! than Always Sometimes Monsters, so the similarly-named games screwed me (because like others in this forum I prefer not to add things to my Steam account just for the sake of a +1--I'd much rather gift or sell stuff I'm very unlikely to ever play).

Don't get your hopes up too much for the Sega bundle. The last time they participated in a charity bundle it ended up being this..

https://igbwiki.com/wiki/Yogscast_Dwarven_Dairy_Drive

So yeah, considering this will be another charity bundle, I expect to see a crap minimum tier and every other tier will be expensive.
Part of every Humble Bundle goes to charity.

Yogcast bundle was only hosted by Humble & wasn't even linked on main page, so it's abnormality.

But will we see bundle today?

Probably not and someone just posted way too early. :D

No bundle and it looks like the Company of Heroes dev pulled the blog post about it.

Says the man who does not appreciate a Call of Cthulhu reference. . . .
I enjoy Call of Cthulhu. I just know that it didn't originate the idea that eating people could be equated to the eating of pigs.

I'm pretty sure that The Coral Island probably wasn't first either. Just that long pig is an older term than white pork.

Happy bta unlock day, everyone.  So, I'm kind of getting into Risk of Rain, and am trying to figure out the multiplayer.  It is not as straightforward as I would have hoped.  Does anyone know the best way to online co-op?

Happy bta unlock day, everyone. So, I'm kind of getting into Risk of Rain, and am trying to figure out the multiplayer. It is not as straightforward as I would have hoped. Does anyone know the best way to online co-op?
Hamachi worked for me. Some of the time, anyway.

bread's done
Back