Humble Bundle Thread

after finding out the focus selection pack was on sale for $29.99 on steam ,i will for steam to put it put it on sale before getting it, since i don't own any 1 of these games
If you're interested in all of them, that's probably a good plan.

imma report u for spam, watch urself
k3826647.jpg
photo-30081.jpg

How about you learn to take a joke?

Contrast includes its soundtrack, though - as a Steam key.

Do any of the games include a soundtrack in your humble download page? I imagine Contrast might, but what about the others?

Edit: WARNING, THIS IS FROM REDDIT

So you CAN'T increase the price after you buy this. What utter bullshit is this?
Actually the only soundtrack on the Humble page for BTA is Pix the Cat.

k3826647.jpg
photo-30081.jpg

How about you learn to take a joke?
Spammit, Janet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Man... sooooo many repeats.

A couple of the games are on my Wishlist, which is always nice, However, I'd end up with 8 leftover games if I bought the $15 tier. Tossing games into the backlog is fun, but tossing them onto an "extras" spreadsheet is a bummer. 

It's not like Focus Home Interactive is never going to have another bundle again.

Man... sooooo many repeats.

A couple of the games are on my Wishlist, which is always nice, However, I'd end up with 8 leftover games if I bought the $15 tier. Tossing games into the backlog is fun, but tossing them onto an "extras" spreadsheet is a bummer.

It's not like Focus Home Interactive is never going to have another bundle again.
then why u fakeybroed those games instead of waiting for bundle?

p.s. thanks for ur sacrifice

then why u fakeybroed those games instead of waiting for bundle?

p.s. thanks for ur sacrifice
One or two of those I fakeybro'ed. Space Run, I think, and Wargame. The rest, I'm pretty sure are previously bundled or from those crazy Amazon credit things Tony used to do every January.

The "increase your order amount" feature has been disabled for this bundle. If you would like to ask for a refund and re-purchase the bundle at a higher price to receive more content or simply to further support the bundle, please contact our customer support team here.
Um, WTF is this bullshit?

Um, WTF is this bullshit?
They're probably hoping more people don't just dollar in; reserve that BTA price; maybe trade/buy for keys on CAG Cesspool (or elsewhere); and then later decide if they want to go for higher tiers later (or not) based on what they picked up from others (or not).

EDIT:

Interesting info on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/434roj/humble_weekly_focus_2_mars_war_logs_space_run_pix/

Buying top tier gives you only entirely one key w/ everything instead of separate keys for each game or tier. That's probably the biggest reason they did that: to avoid from people getting dupes to sell on CAG (and sites like it) b/c you bought the Top Tier.

Buying top tier gives you only entirely one key w/ everything instead of separate keys for each game or tier. That's probably the biggest reason they did that: to avoid from people getting dupes to sell on CAG (and sites like it) b/c you bought the Top Tier.
Even if that's the case, the fact that this change was not disclosed to people before buying is weapons-grade shady. I was lucky that I checked Reddit before pulling the trigger, because I was planning to dollar in to lock the BTA at its lowest point.

It's yet another step in HB's downward slide. I've been pushing the charity slider all the way to the right ever since they stopping giving the 2nd-week BTA tier to early $1 purchasers, and they ain't giving me a reason to stop doing so.

Even if that's the case, the fact that this change was not disclosed to people before buying is weapons-grade shady. I was lucky that I checked Reddit before pulling the trigger, because I was planning to dollar in to lock the BTA at its lowest point.
That feature, despite being commonly used around here, has to my knowledge never been mentioned for any bundle before purchase.

That feature, despite being commonly used around here, has to my knowledge never been mentioned for any bundle before purchase.
Right, but they've allowed it in every bundle for as long as I can remember. Anyone who has ever bought a HB knows that it's an option -- it's advertised right at the top of your key page. You don't take away a known feature without notifying people before purchase. And it's not like we're exploiting some unknown loophole. Humble wants you to increase your purchase, and it's a disincentive for people increasing their purchase later if the BTA isn't locked when you initially buy a bundle.

Plus, taking away that option without any notice before purchasing has no benefit for the purchaser, and actually makes Humble's job a bit harder -- besides losing the BTA lock, you also go through the hassle of contacting Humble to cancel your order before repurchasing, and who knows how long their support queue is these days.

this is all an experiment to see is people will just kick up to higher tiers the first time, rather than over multiple transactions.  you get the boost of panic buying and pay less in per transaction fees to credit cards/paypal.

people are sheep, they dont vote with their wallets.  this will be a success and you will be seeing this "feature" in the future

Plus, taking away that option without any notice before purchasing has no benefit for the purchaser, and actually makes Humble's job a bit harder -- besides losing the BTA lock, you also go through the hassle of contacting Humble to cancel your order before repurchasing, and who knows how long their support queue is these days.
This is exactly the problem with this. I dollar'd in while at work, and didn't have a chance to put more thought into it or read up until I got home in the evening. By that time, the average had climbed about $2 from when I bought in. I was a little interested in the BTA at $4.9x, but at $6.9x, no way. I shouldn't have to lose money and time because Focus can't be bothered to split up their keys.

Not sure if it's just for mobile but when I went to buy it kicked me to a purchase page that had the BTA at the current price. If I was BTAing then it would've been more expensive.
Yeah, that's a common problem when purchasing on mobile. It can throw up a captcha even when you BTA that messes up the price.

They're probably hoping more people don't just dollar in; reserve that BTA price; maybe trade/buy for keys on CAG Cesspool (or elsewhere); and then later decide if they want to go for higher tiers later (or not) based on what they picked up from others (or not).
So the side experiment here (apart from avoiding the duplicate keys) is whether they get more from people panic-buying at BTA immediately while it was "cheap" (I hesitated at $4.71 but decided against it) versus losing the dollar-in-first folks who needed more time to think over it or do the research on the games on offer etc and upgrading later.

I have on more than one occasion decided against/regretted my initial decision and ended up impulse-upgrading later (or even way after the bundle ended) just because I had a "good BTA price"... with this new system, they'll lose 100% of those type of sales.

In this case, since most of the games in the BTA tier is crappy (and has fairly low scores on the usual rating sites), my guess is that they likely thought they won't have much to lose from the latter group anyway.

BTW just mentioning but the Humble Store has all the build a bundles again.

This includes 2K, Curve, Firaxis, Daedaelic and Atari again. I know I got some in the Daedaelic and Atari bundles. Got to look at the Curve games again.

Speaking of the build a bundles, is there anyone that wants any Daedelic stuff? I was interested in Anna's Quest and Zanzarah, but if anyone wanted to split the bundle, I wouldn't mind 90% off

ive been wanting to play beyond earth, but i pretty much have everything else in the bundle. anyone interested in splitting the bundle with me? id only keep the beyond earth stuff.

ive been wanting to play beyond earth, but i pretty much have everything else in the bundle. anyone interested in splitting the bundle with me? id only keep the beyond earth stuff.
Uh, unless I'm missing something or they changed it, BE is not on sale at all nor part of the build a bundle.

Try Wingame store instead, they have the whole package 60% off right now, so cheaper than Steam.

http://www.wingamestore.com/product/4989/Civilization-Beyond-Earth-The-Collection/

Uh, unless I'm missing something or they changed it, BE is not on sale at all nor part of the build a bundle.

Try Wingame store instead, they have the whole package 60% off right now, so cheaper than Steam.

http://www.wingamestore.com/product/4989/Civilization-Beyond-Earth-The-Collection/
$15 tier of the Firaxis bundle. Might be a better deal to find a split than spending $20ish on BE+dlc. I'm still not over my disappointment and regret with this game.

Actually, a better idea would be to just wait for the next free weekend on Steam.

Oh he's talking about the actual bundle instead of the build a bundles. He just butt in to all the Humble STORE build a bundle conversations I just assumed that was what he meant. :p

Anyway that doesn't get you the expansion, just some crap 33% coupon for it at the Humble store that can't be combined with any other offer and it's $30 now and not on sale.

Edited to add: Also the expansion has been reviewed very positively with people saying it's the Gods and Kings of Beyond Earth and it makes the game how it should have been in the first place etc. So apparently you kind of need the expansion if you want to like the game. :p

Oh he's talking about the actual bundle instead of the build a bundles. He just butt in to all the Humble STORE build a bundle conversations I just assumed that was what he meant. :p

Anyway that doesn't get you the expansion, just some crap 33% coupon for it at the Humble store that can't be combined with any other offer and it's $30 now and not on sale.

Edited to add: Also the expansion has been reviewed very positively with people saying it's the Gods and Kings of Beyond Earth and it makes the game how it should have been in the first place etc. So apparently you kind of need the expansion if you want to like the game. :p
Yeah, I was talking about the actual bundle.

Thanks for the tip about the beyond earth + expansion bundle. I'll look into it.

Groupees hasn't been good enough for moraning lately, so I pulled a Motoki and bought the Humble Monthly for $10.80. Can't wait to get some android games!

So I guess I'm going to get a refund on my BTA humble weekly.  Though if anyone wants to save $2+ by buying the BTA tier games off of me, let me know.  I'll post it in the cesspool, too.

Huh. Figured I'd scoop up the bundle since $12 Aliums sounded alright, but then I saw this.

5S2Y87F.jpg

I don't mean to alarm you Humble, but you're showing 6 mystery question mark wonderboxes there behind Alien Isolation. You trying to cheap me out of my indie garbage? Is that it?

I don't mean to alarm you Humble, but you're showing 6 mystery question mark wonderboxes there behind Alien Isolation. You trying to cheap me out of my indie garbage? Is that it?
Not to alarm you, but six games is about all they have in the monthly bundles.

anyone have XCOM Enemy Within, Slingshot Pack, and Elite Soldier Pack.

It's in the Humble Bundle, I am only interested in these three things, even if someone wants to buy all other things I can buy these three from them. 

PM me.

Its Humble Bundle... 90% of what they bundle is indie so I wouldn't expect another AAA titles in there.

Huh. Figured I'd scoop up the bundle since $12 Aliums sounded alright, but then I saw this.

5S2Y87F.jpg

Not to alarm you, but six games is about all they have in the monthly bundles.
I think SqueeMK2's confusion lies in the fact that Humble changed the sign up bonus. Before you got a game from the last/current monthly as a bonus PLUS the 6 games from the new monthly. Now the sign up "bonus" is really just getting 1 game from the upcoming monthly unlocked early, so you only get 5 additional games when the new monthly gets released.

So, any hints as to what those other five games might be? I got Alien: Isolation from AMD Promo last year so I don't need it, and it being SP only means I can't even use it as a bro night giveaway. It is a good game though and I could probably sell/trade it off if any of the other ones are good.

I think SqueeMK2;s confusion lies in the fact that Humble changed the sign up bonus. Before you got a game from the last/current monthly as a bonus PLUS the 6 games from the new monthly. Now the sign up "bonus" is really just getting 1 game from the upcoming monthly unlocked early, so you only get 5 additional games when the new monthly gets released.

So, any hints as to what those other five games might be? I got Alien: Isolation from AMD Promo last year so I don't need it, and it being SP only means I can't even use it as a bro night giveaway. It is a good game though and I could probably sell/trade it off if any of the other ones are good.
That apparently is it, 'cause last I knew the "Sign up now" game was an additional game on top of the 6 pack grab bag.

So there is essentially no sign up bonus this month? Is the first time sign up bonus game a one time deal? If so I think I'll wait to see if next month has a game from this bundle because getting one game a few days early is nothing. 

That apparently is it, 'cause last I knew the "Sign up now" game was an additional game on top of the 6 pack grab bag.

So there is essentially no sign up bonus this month? Is the first time sign up bonus game a one time deal? If so I think I'll wait to see if next month has a game from this bundle because getting one game a few days early is nothing.
No, I think the change is permanent. I think people were making new/separate accounts for each month so they changed it to stop that. Now you really get no bonus, just the 6 games with one unlocked early.

bread's done
Back