Humble Bundle Thread

We must be in Bizarro World, because that's two straight Humbles that I'm thinking look crummy while everyone else is jumping at them.
Or maybe you're the Bizarro Gilby. wat did u do wit the original???

But I agree, this bundle is kind of weak aside from the inclusion of Oxenfree. Massive Chalice is nice but it'll be $1 tiered eventually.

Or maybe you're the Bizarro Gilby. wat did u do wit the original???

But I agree, this bundle is kind of weak aside from the inclusion of Oxenfree. Massive Chalice is nice but it'll be $1 tiered eventually.
I was kidnapped by Jonny, obviously.

Of course, I just said that to protect my cover.

That too.

I agree this bundle is weak but it is reasonable for $4ish. Everything humble does seems reasonable when you compare to the recent stretch of turds by IG, Poopies, and BS.

It's okay I guess. I'm primarily interested in Oxenfree, and a bit in Massive Chalice, but its odd how it dodged a Humble Monthly. 

This bundle is pretty worthless.  I mean that Day of the Devs ticket is useless except for the San Francisco hipsters who were probably already going to donate $100 because their best beer bro is an indie dev or some dumb shit.

Oxenfree devs were promoting their $4.99 sale price on Steam HARD earlier this week.  Seems pretty... shitty... and dumb with the refund system.  

Might skip or do a split on group buys... who knows...

Just missing Massive Chalice, Oxenfree, and DoTT.

MC will be in a $1 tier by March. Oxenfree will probably be a 2nd week BTA addition for Humble Jumbo 8. DoTT will also get some BTA action in the coming months.

Hmm...

Man oh man, and I had come so close to picking up Oxenfree within the last few days. All in for the $9 tier even though I'll never play any of these games, including Oxenfree.

Day of the Repeats bundle. Most of these games were in the April (?) monthly. Isn't Oxenfree the only one that hasn't been in a Humble in the past year? 

We must be in Bizarro World, because that's two straight Humbles that I'm thinking look crummy while everyone else is jumping at them.
Nah. It's a great bundle if you didn't "y u no wen".
But everything except Oxenfree and Day of the Tentacle have been bundled multiple times, so a very solid bundle turns into "Beat the average for Oxenfree" and "Pay $9 for Day of the Tentacle".

I'm in the "yeah, this sucks" boat, but I can see how it could be a really good bundle for someone.

This was a good one for me. Had Broken Age and Grim Fandango Remastered on the wishlist for a while.

If anyone wants a Lumino City gift link, the first quoted reply gets it.

This may have been mentioned earlier, but it looks like the 10% off monthly coupons included in the last two bundles work for previous subscribers again - in case a $1.20 discount makes the difference on the monthly for you.

Ha. Bought Oxenfree from the Windows store on Friday because I had credit there. Oh, well. I've had my eye on DotT for a while so I may bite all the same? There's a chance it will be $5 standalone during the Fall Steam sale but I don't have any of the other games for PC so... hmm...

This may have been mentioned earlier, but it looks like the 10% off monthly coupons included in the last two bundles work for previous subscribers again - in case a $1.20 discount makes the difference on the monthly for you.
Makes sense this would happen the month after I sign up for 12 months. Nice work Humble.

12 month deal is pretty bad.

better is to each month make new account, buy one of bundles that month for coupon and spend $11.80 every month you're interested in. You can skip months this way too. If you don't want any bundles that month, $1 tier can be resold for $1 and you spend $10.80 each month, bit less than 12 month plan.

TL;DR 12 month deal is pretty bad.

12 month deal is pretty bad.

better is to each month make new account, buy one of bundles that month for coupon and spend $11.80 every month you're interested in. You can skip months this way too. If you don't want any bundles that month, $1 tier can be resold for $1 and you spend $10.80 each month, bit less than 12 month plan.

TL;DR 12 month deal is pretty bad.
I knew that was doable but was way to lazy to make an account every month. After a year of paying month to month I decided to just roll with it.

Does Humble not track payment methods across multiple accounts? I mean, could I use the same paypal account on a second (or 24th) humble account and they wouldn't notice/care?

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Hambleween!

RLiftth.jpg

Does Humble not track payment methods across multiple accounts? I mean, could I use the same paypal account on a second (or 24th) humble account and they wouldn't notice/care?
So far so good for me (haven't bought the monthly yet on my third account, but did the dollar tier for a coupon). Someone up the thread posted that the 10% might work again for old subscribers though?

It's a pretty weird bundle to me. Why did LogMeIn decide to make the LastPass thing new users only? I mean, I get that they want to expand their userbase, but that just makes it completely useless to people who have been using it for years. Ugh. Also, Stardock decided to include two of their least-useful applications because, reasons. TrueImage would be a good backup solution if it weren't a subscription!

I hate how all software is going to a subscription model. When I was your age, we bought software on a floppy disc or CD-ROM and it was all on the disc and we liked it just fine that way!

It's a pretty weird bundle to me. Why did LogMeIn decide to make the LastPass thing new users only? I mean, I get that they want to expand their userbase, but that just makes it completely useless to people who have been using it for years. Ugh. Also, Stardock decided to include two of their least-useful applications because, reasons. TrueImage would be a good backup solution if it weren't a subscription!

<old man rant>

I hate how all software is going to a subscription model. When I was your age, we bought software on a floppy disc or CD-ROM and it was all on the disc and we liked it just fine that way!

</old man rant>
Wait, so you have to create a new account with Lastpass to use the 1 year sub? Can someone confirm this for me as I'm a free Lastpass user and never got premium before so this would be a dealbreaker if true. Thanks

As for software going subscription, its unfortunately the industry's way of responding to both more software being digitally distributed and piracy. We help create this.

Wait, so you have to create a new account with Lastpass to use the 1 year sub? Can someone confirm this for me as I'm a free Lastpass user and never got premium before so this would be a dealbreaker if true. Thanks

As for software going subscription, its unfortunately the industry's way of responding to both more software being digitally distributed and piracy. We help create this.
I can't confirm it at this point, but I'm pretty sure that the answer is no. If you're an existing FREE user, you can probably use the key with no problem--I think the idea is that if you are an existing PREMIUM user, the key will not serve to extend your current subscription for an additional year.

EDIT: Here's a link to the information page; it definitely implies that you need an existing account in order to "upgrade" it to premium: https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/230067347.

It has other features but I generally use it to expand my wallpaper selection. Each monitor shows a different picture pulled from a separate folder that changes every 30 minutes.

Also, $5ish for a year of VPN isn't bad either.
Ah, wallpaper isn't really a big deal for me. My only dual monitor set up currently is for work.

Also, look on the bright side, guys! This just guarantees another bundle in about a year when all these subscriptions run out.

Bought the bundle the it looks like you HAVE to create a new account for the Lastpass humble link to work. Just signed up to a different email and imported my main Free account to the new premium account 

At first glance at this bundle I harrumphed...but then I started to look at what was included and, well...

VYJUH2T.gif

I'm not sure about the BTA, as I don't use multiple monitors and I don't quite trust a password manager that's stored on some company's server, but I have been considering subscribing to a VPN.  The $1 tier is tempting, though.  A Windows Explorer replacement?  What a coincidence, I find Window's built-in explorer to be crappy!  I've also had Fences marked as something to check out, at some point.  $15 tier seems good if you want that AV program--and Bitdefender is solid.  (I do wonder how many machines that Bitdefender license is for.)

Any thoughts on CyberGhost as a VPN?

Bought the bundle the it looks like you HAVE to create a new account for the Lastpass humble link to work. Just signed up to a different email and imported my main Free account to the new premium account
Really? That's ridiculous.

Also, look on the bright side, guys! This just guarantees another bundle in about a year when all these subscriptions run out.
Get out of here, Gilby!

I've always used Fences Free Edition - always was nice to use it; and separate icons out, group them, and whatnot how I see fit. Though, you can use Nimi Places to do that - which is Free.

Win 8 didn't really play nice with Fences Free Ed (since that was for Win 7 and below), though. Win 8 acted always weird, not keeping icons in the Fence where I wanted them. Got tired of it, picked up Nimi Places (Free version).

Display Fusion looks interesting - but I don't have multiple monitors hooked-up. Would be nice to Steam +1 that, though - as I think I've joined the "I'd most times rather have this on Steam Fan-Club."

Might just $1 this for Fences. I dunno, we'll see. [shrug]

EDIT:

Director Opus looks interesting. Classic Shell (Freeware!) is decent for Start Menu and is a little bit better to use than Windows Explorer - but Directory Opus looks even better + more intuitive than Classic Shell's few improvements (for Win Explorer) and the vanilla Windows Explorer.

Anybody have opinions on CyberGhost?  I still have ~6 months on my current VPN sub and not really looking to switch, but a year for $7 is tempting.

bread's done
Back