Humble Bundle Thread

Non-fluctuating price bundle: Humble send marketing email 5 minutes after bundle launch.

Fluctuating price bundle: Humble sent marketing email 3-5 hours after bundle launch.

I had no idea there was a John Wick game. Too bad it is a vr game since I don't have a headset. I will just have to stick to Max Payne 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Payday 2 even worth playing, anymore?
Is there any worthwhile single-player aspect to this game? I know the description says it has single-player, but is that even worth buying it for $1 or is it just running around with brain-dead bots?

On a side note, I'm surprised anyone actually liked John Wick enough to build a bundle around it. It was a mediocre action film, at best. I think people have mostly figured out that Keanu Reeves has the range of. . . Keanu Reeves, so most of his roles are one-dimensional pieces of wood that mumble stuff and shoot people.

Is there any worthwhile single-player aspect to this game?
None whatsoever.

It's an awesome game if you're playing with people, especially friends, but I think its one of the worst MP experiences if you're playing with randoms, especially if you're a noob. If you've got some friends that play it, then its well worth it. I think its a great game but its limited in respect due to a notoriously toxic community and no draw for the "lone wolf" player at all. Its a game that really requires a level of teamwork.

The $14 tier for Dead by Daylight makes this bundle slightly worth it, espc if you are splitting and can recoup something for Payday 2 if you decide not to keep it. That is really the only draw, and even there unless you have friends to play DBD with, that alone may not be of interest. I like DBD a lot and there's a few people here that play it religiously (or at least did for a while), but I don't like it outside of playing with friends very much.

Is there any worthwhile single-player aspect to this game? I know the description says it has single-player, but is that even worth buying it for $1 or is it just running around with brain-dead bots?

On a side note, I'm surprised anyone actually liked John Wick enough to build a bundle around it. It was a mediocre action film, at best. I think people have mostly figured out that Keanu Reeves has the range of. . . Keanu Reeves, so most of his roles are one-dimensional pieces of wood that mumble stuff and shoot people.
Yea I just watched the first one last week and it didn't seem that great. Although I disagree about his range. Replacments, Bill & Ted, Hardball and the Matrix are his 4 best movies, and are all very different roles. He does get cast for his matrix style role the most tho, and I believe that's because that is what sells.

The $14 tier for Dead by Daylight makes this bundle slightly worth it, espc if you are splitting and can recoup something for Payday 2 if you decide not to keep it. That is really the only draw, and even there unless you have friends to play DBD with, that alone may not be of interest. I like DBD a lot and there's a few people here that play it religiously (or at least did for a while), but I don't like it outside of playing with friends very much.
We were playing it quite a bit until everyone dropped off recently. I've been playing solo and it's definitely more fun when you have other other people, but I still enjoy it and find myself surviving more than I did when we grouped up. A group would likely help when starting out too since it can be a bit frustrating until you get the hang of the game.

Don't know what's wrong with me. Pulled the trigger on the top tier since I knew I'd be getting 2 tickets to John Wick 2 anyway ($35+ out here in SoCal) and I didn't own any of the games. The Payday 2 DLC situation is odd. I assume some DLC is in the GOTY edition and some isn't. Even in the guides I see out there, it's not clear where this bundle's extras fall. I assume I can give the vanilla edition away, but what of those DLC goodies?

I'm actually happy about this bundle because I wanted to get my friend Dead by Daylight but it seems that the cheap Nvidia codes have run out (can't find them on CAG/SG/Ebay anymore). Might grab the $14 tier for him.

I've put over 300 hours into DBD, so I'd say it's well worth the purchase if you think it's your kind of game.

Yea I just watched the first one last week and it didn't seem that great. Although I disagree about his range. Replacments, Bill & Ted, Hardball and the Matrix are his 4 best movies, and are all very different roles. He does get cast for his matrix style role the most tho, and I believe that's because that is what sells.
Hm. We may have to agree to disagree, but I will never forgive anyone involved in that remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still because it was even more unnecessary than most remakes, and, uh, yeah, no, he's not Michael Rennie. Also, I mostly blame Kenneth Branagh for casting him in his Much Ado About Nothing, which was largely a sublime experience otherwise (I will say that Don John is about as one-dimensional as Shakespearean villains get, so I guess he was throwing a bone to the kids out there who went to see Bill or whichever one he was).

I'd only buy the buck tier on the assumption it might get Bro'd some night.
We've tried to bro-night PD2 twice before. Once YCAG said we sucked and abandoned us. Second time we spent two hours trying to pass one mission on easy. I remember soloing PD1 with bots and enjoying it, but seems PD2 is a lot harder to enjoy even with friends. That said, I'm still tempted to $6 tier for masks and DLC.

We were playing it quite a bit until everyone dropped off recently. I've been playing solo and it's definitely more fun when you have other other people, but I still enjoy it and find myself surviving more than I did when we grouped up. A group would likely help when starting out too since it can be a bit frustrating until you get the hang of the game.
I scheduled it again for February 7 so maybe we can bring Spoder out of brotirement.

Since people seem to be checking this thread, here's a PSA that I might be a little late to No More Room in Hell tonight. Wife scheduled a dinner with a friend, but hopefully it won't run too late.

Eh, he's not got a lot of range in all seriousness, he's a movie "star", not really known for his acting prowess. He's got some dogshit too i.e. Dracula when he played Jonathan Harker. I do love Bill and Ted. I'd also put Speed on his better list, which to this day is still a fun action movie, and the original Point Break as well. I also have a soft spot for Constantine and Chain Reaction, neither are great flicks but largely are fun experiences. I even liked 47 Ronin and A Scanner Darkly.

The thing about Keanu is that I think he's a likable guy, so if he's in something I'm not going to avoid it just because he's in it.

Hm. We may have to agree to disagree, but I will never forgive anyone involved in that remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still because it was even more unnecessary than most remakes, and, uh, yeah, no, he's not Michael Rennie. Also, I mostly blame Kenneth Branagh for casting him in his Much Ado About Nothing, which was largely a sublime experience otherwise (I will say that Don John is about as one-dimensional as Shakespearean villains get, so I guess he was throwing a bone to the kids out there who went to see Bill or whichever one he was).
lol holding grudges for someone being in a bad movie is silly, I'd personally rather watch Keanu than Tom Cruise in anything.

I also have a soft spot for Constantine and Chain Reaction, neither are great flicks but largely are fun experiences. I even liked 47 Ronin and A Scanner Darkly.

The thing about Keanu is that I think he's a likable guy, so if he's in something I'm not going to avoid it just because he's in it.
47 Ronin is one of the worst movies i've ever seen lol. But I do love John Wick though, Keanu Reeves has the highest ceiling for gun-fu around. I also have heard he is super nice dude.

47 Ronin is one of the worst movies i've ever seen lol. But I do love John Wick though, Keanu Reeves has the highest ceiling for gun-fu around. I also have heard he is super nice dude.
Yea its not a very good movie, but I found it enjoyable. I was also stoned beyond belief when I saw it so that may be part of the reason. Not watched it since then :D

You do want to express yourself don't you Joanna? I mean, if you wanna wear 15 pieces of dlc then fine, but some of us feel better with 38 pieces of dlc and we like to encourage that.
IcyEminentEmperorpenguin-mobile.jpg

e7fb44071251d1efc6fc249fdf8bcf87.jpg

I love Office Space. It nailed the workplace environment at my first internship out of college, cast of characters and all.

From all the humble mask packs they choose to include all I own but of course no Humble Mask Pack 4.  :shame: Btw, anyone knows what is the name of the pack with the  orc and crossbreed masks in the dlc tab?

Edit: Found it, it's the mask pack 1. No 6$ tier for me then.

From all the humble mask packs they choose to include all I own but of course no Humble Mask Pack 4. :shame: Btw, anyone knows what is the name of the pack with the orc and crossbreed masks in the dlc tab?

Edit: Found it, it's the mask pack 1. No 6$ tier for me then.
What was mask pack 4? It's the one I'm missing too.

I liked Kane & Lynch. They did Trevor before Trevor did.
Ditto.

While the 1st K+L game had issues w/ snapping properly to cover & also used that crappy-as-sin G4WL, I still liked it. It just wasn't great + ran like garbage on most PC's back then.

In K+2, the adding of the cover button in really fixed the covering properly issue + it was much better to actually deal w/ just straight-up Steamworks.

You dont go into a Keanu movie expecting quality acting or even deep plot. John Wick is great slick action. Its his second best movie (matrix #1). You need to appreciate him in respect to his physical acting and willingness to do a lot of his own stunts ala tom cruise.

We've tried to bro-night PD2 twice before. Once YCAG said we sucked and abandoned us. Second time we spent two hours trying to pass one mission on easy. I remember soloing PD1 with bots and enjoying it, but seems PD2 is a lot harder to enjoy even with friends. That said, I'm still tempted to $6 tier for masks and DLC.

I scheduled it again for February 7 so maybe we can bring Spoder out of brotirement.

Since people seem to be checking this thread, here's a PSA that I might be a little late to No More Room in Hell tonight. Wife scheduled a dinner with a friend, but hopefully it won't run too late.
Fox sucked sniping in pd2 too. I see a pattern here.

Like someone else said, the GOTY edition of PD2 in this bundle comes with far more dlc than it's supposed to which is great for a game where so much of the content and balancing is based on having all the DLC. If you ever wanted to get into PD2 you will have the best experience with this bundle. It's not the best game ever but it has enough of a community right now to enjoy by yourself and they will probably "fix" the game again later on. I got around 180 hours out of it last year. My biggest complaint is the performance is pretty harsh on CPUs but only if you're trying to push more than 60fps.

Everything listed in blue is what you DONT get. You also end up with one spare key of the base game and one spare key of the bomb heists DLC as long as you activate the GOTY key first.

He was exactly right for the role, which is to say the role called for a low-key Keanu Reeves.

That said, that movie is excellent, and has developed a serious cult following via word-of-mouth. It's a rather straightforward action film plot, but the execution is on-point, both the action scenes and, yes, the acting. I really enjoyed Nyqvist's performance.

Eh, he's not got a lot of range in all seriousness, he's a movie "star", not really known for his acting prowess. He's got some dogshit too i.e. Dracula when he played Jonathan Harker. I do love Bill and Ted. I'd also put Speed on his better list, which to this day is still a fun action movie, and the original Point Break as well. I also have a soft spot for Constantine and Chain Reaction, neither are great flicks but largely are fun experiences. I even liked 47 Ronin and A Scanner Darkly.
What about My Own Private Idaho?

Like someone else said, the GOTY edition of PD2 in this bundle comes with far more dlc than it's supposed to which is great for a game where so much of the content and balancing is based on having all the DLC. If you ever wanted to get into PD2 you will have the best experience with this bundle. It's not the best game ever but it has enough of a community right now to enjoy by yourself and they will probably "fix" the game again later on. I got around 180 hours out of it last year. My biggest complaint is the performance is pretty harsh on CPUs but only if you're trying to push more than 60fps.

Everything listed in blue is what you DONT get. You also end up with one spare key of the base game and one spare key of the bomb heists DLC as long as you activate the GOTY key first.
You don't get the Wolf pack AFAIK. I only owned Wolf pack because I owned the DLC for Payday 1 (which gives you it for Payday 2).

Just came here to say;

fuck PAYDAY 2 AND fuck OVERKILLL.

If you want to play a payday game, play Payday: The Heist. I know I've posted my rant here several times so I'll spare you all the wall o' text.

I think this is the first bundle I'm not even dollaring in, just on principle. Even bundles where I own all the games, I'll dollar in so I can give the extra keys away to my (non-existent) friends.

But fuck Payday 2, and fuck Overkill. Seriously.

I was going to skip this bundle but getting the 2015 GOTY edition of PD2 is all right.

You don't get the Wolf pack AFAIK. I only owned Wolf pack because I owned the DLC for Payday 1 (which gives you it for Payday 2).
Yep, it doesn't seem to be included.

Just came here to say;

fuck PAYDAY 2 AND fuck OVERKILLL.

If you want to play a payday game, play Payday: The Heist. I know I've posted my rant here several times so I'll spare you all the wall o' text.

I think this is the first bundle I'm not even dollaring in, just on principle. Even bundles where I own all the games, I'll dollar in so I can give the extra keys away to my (non-existent) friends.

fuck Payday 2. Seriously.
Remember to set your Humble Tip and Dev. cut to 0!

DON'T TRUST THE BROS! THEY ARE THE OPPOSITION! GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT FROM FOX!
Fox vs The Washington Brost.

I'm surprised YCAG played with you guys. I thought he only played shitty F2P knockoffs of real games. Except for the time he saved up enough allowance to buy GTA5 and then spent six months stealth bragging about having GTA5 because, you know, no one else here could get a specific video game if they wanted it.

Thanks to everyone who offered to help with the Overwhelmingly Positive bundle. I ended up picking it up from The End, except for the $1 tier. I already had Shantae and Epic Battle Fantasy and I can wait on Pony Island.

Edit: and thanks to evful now I have Pony Island.

Okay, I already own Payday 2 base-game + Armored Transport DLC from long ago.

Is it worth picking up for $6 for the other 37 DLC's? Any worthwhile actually maps/missions/content DLC's in there?

bread's done
Back