Humble Bundle Thread

Not sure which thread to post this so I'm posting in both.

Both 360 and PS3 have had $5 fire sales on Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions last week and the Humble Store has it on sale for $10 until midnight April 1st (roughly 18 months after the release of the PC version), so my "delisting alarm" is blaring.

if anyone has some Humble credit gathering dust in their account/has the Humble Monthly discount and wants to sell to me at cost (or at a discount, I'm not picky ;) ) hit me up. I'd buy a Steam gift copy, but it's full price there.

tl;dr Grab Spoderman: Shuttered Dimebags before April 1st or you may be SOL.

Deadpool's probably next, but I'd wait for it to be $10 like the last pre-delisting sale before worrying too much.

I think I'm going to test the theory that a lower retail game as the feature lifts the quality (or at least the dollar value) of the reveals.
This is more or less my thought process, but I don't even think of it in terms of MSRP, but in terms of "What's the usual sale price on this fucking thing?/How popular is this?". I'd be surprised if a lot of us didn't think similarly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure which thread to post this so I'm posting in both.

Both 360 and PS3 have had $5 fire sales on Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions last week and Humble Store has Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions on sale for $10 until midnight April 1st (roughly 18 months after the release of the PC version), so my "delisting alarm" is blaring.

if anyone has some Humble credit gathering dust in their account/has the Humble Monthly discount and wants to sell to me at cost (or at a discount, I'm not picky ;) ) hit me up. I'd buy a Steam gift copy too, but it's full price there.

tl;dr Grab Spoderman: Shuttered Dimebags before April 1st or you may be SOL.

Deadpool's probably next, but I'd wait for it to be $10 like the last pre-delisting sale before worrying too much.

This is more or less my thought process, but I don't even think of it in terms of MSRP, but in terms of "What's the usual sale price on this fucking thing?/How popular is this?". I'd be surprised if a lot of us didn't think similarly.
I may have to get Spiderman then. I heard good things about it. idk if the PC version is any good though.

Is the Deadpool game any good? I liked the movie a lot, but never read the comics.
It's ok, it's kind of a mediocre action game but the humor is mostly intact. Story gets better once other marvel characters start showing up. If you really liked the movie you'll probably get enough enjoyment out of it.

I'm still pondering whether I will subscribe or not. On the one hand, 2Deep4U walking sims are right up my alley, but this just being in that freedom bundle concerns me. Now if Subnautica was included with it, I'd be game.
See that seems way too unlikely to me to have two of the bigger games from that bundle in this monthly and then not expect to be flooded with rage. They're already giving the option of taking $5 store credit instead of the game so that makes me think they realize they're already treading on thin ice with their most loyal customers.

so you are saying that we can save our money and watch a Let's Play on youtube?
I beat it not too long ago and would definitely recommend that. I thought the gameplay was very mediocre/bad and the ending was lame. Felt like it was a waste of my time (even though the game was short) and the $12 I purchased it for.

so you are saying that we can save our money and watch a Let's Play on youtube?
Likely true... Though I never finished it so so take my response with a grain of salt BUT what I can recommend is playing Marvel Heroes as Deadpool through its campaign as the highlight of the Deadpool game is the same in Marvel Heroes and thats Nolan North doing what is arugablly his best voice work in gaming. (and I say that as someone whose likely got the most hours played in Uncharted in the thread.)

Anyhow, don't skip cutscenes, etc. as it some of the funniest stuff I can remember in gaming and the gameplay is pretty damn solid also. (as that game doesn't really suffer from gameplay issues till endgame.)

Has anyone had a problem listing cards with Steam Inventory Helper/Expert lately? I list them all and they show up on the market, but not a single one sells and they all still show up in my inventory as well.

Did anyone actually grab the Streaming bundle for some of the upper-level software and have a copy of Facerig they don't want?  I'd gladly trade for one.

Are these popular? Seems like a hard pass for me.
Not really. Amnesia Fortnight is Double Fine's version of a game jam. They create games within a short time period. Some of the game concepts end up getting full games released on steam later on (obviously you don't get the full versions by buying this bundle, you get the prototypes).

I suppose it's kind of cool to watch them make the games, but it's meh overall

Not really. Amnesia Fortnight is Double Fine's version of a game jam. They create games within a short time period. Some of the game concepts end up getting full games released on steam later on (obviously you don't get the full versions by buying this bundle, you get the prototypes).

I suppose it's kind of cool to watch them make the games, but it's meh overall
You can vote on which ones are worked on if you really care about seeing one of those possibly end up as a full game, but there seem to be an awful lot of ifs involved.

You can vote on which ones are worked on if you really care about seeing one of those possibly end up as a full game, but there seem to be an awful lot of ifs involved.
Clicking around, I'm okay if none of those games ever get made.

giphy.gif

I quite liked the Destroy All Humans games (first was better though IMHO). Also wanted to play Legend of Kay and Book of Unwritten Tales 2....plus haven't played Darksiders....easy $15 buy....i will likely wait to not ruin the BTA for now. You have all been warned though.

Not being a PS4 owner, this is an easy pass. If I did have a PS4 though, I'd be all over this bundle to get the Destroy All Humans games. Hopefully Nordic ports them over to Steam at some point.

"A single key will be provided to redeem all the games in your bundle. You will not be able to add money to unlock additional content after your initial purchase."

Something is telling me this will only get higher so if you only want the BTA likely better to buy early. Console gamers love paying more for games. They will likely be hitting that $15 tier hard....I know I will...but i'm waiting for the sake of CAG...plus I wont be playing any of these until I finish Persona 5.

I got a tab at $5.68 with 23 sold.

And then realised the one time I actually remembered to check in at the right time this is a damn PS4 bundle that I didn't want.

FYI: ATTENTION: A single key will be provided to redeem all the games in your bundle. You will not be able to add money to unlock additional content after your initial purchase.

Missed that when I grabbed the 1$ tier with the 5.88 bta.

Just saw that the warning was already posted.

I bought a hundred copies.  Can't wait until Humble mails them to me so I can trade them at the store in for Gamer Klub Fun Bux.  Console bitches be loving trade-in credit.

Humble THQ Nordic Playstation Bundle - List of available countries

Keys for the Humble Capcom PlayStation Bundle will redeem on a PSN account registered to any of the following countries:

(US) United States

(CA) Canada

(MX) Mexico

(BR) Brazil

(CL) Chile

(AR) Argentina

(PE) Peru

(CO) Colombia

(PA) Panama

(CR) Costa Rica

(EC) Ecuador

(GT) Guatemala

(SV) El Salvador

(PY) Paraguay

(HN) Honduras

(BO) Bolivia

(UY) Uruguay

(NI) Nicaragua

I don't have a Playstation, missed the first couple minutes of the bundle, penny'd into a $7.24 BTA for the heck of it, then realized you can't increase payment afterward which made it even more pointless.

$1 for The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 alone would be a fantastic deal if this were a Steam bundle.

Yeah I have been hoping to get a Book of Unwritten Tales collection for cheap, I would be all over #2 for just a dollar.

Darn console peasants stealing my cheap games I'll never play!

bread's done
Back