Humble Bundle Thread

yea if I had to guess its all the same sound tech. There is one difference between the newer/older ones like 933 vs 930's. The newer headsets will support the DTS:X surround processing along with the origin dolby digital. So you end up with 3 different surround modes (dts has 2), they all sort of suit different games. The older surround headsets will only have dolby
speaking of which

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-G930-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-with-7-1-Surround-Sound/351931418249?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Just saw that listed on this Ebay back to school sale thingy.

yea i believe the pair i got came from an ebay re-man sale. You can usually find em on newegg remanned for like 50-60 as well, but 35 is a hella good deal

The one thing to beware on the 930's though are the plastic joints, above the earcups. Those have a tendency to break after a while, i think mine lasted about 2 years.  Luckily there are 3d printable models and you can print replacements really cheap if they do happen to break and the replacements should last through the rest of the life of the headset since they tend to be alot stronger

Last edited by a moderator:
Fighting game by devs who don't make fighting games, right?

also 30fps lock?
Mmmm, it's not really a "fighting game" in the traditional sense. It's part of that new fad of behind-the-back 1-on-1 game, but not nearly as good as a Gundam Extreme Versus or something like that.

It's just really really sluggish and has pretty much zero depth. I don't know about whatever issues the PC version might have, because I got it for PS4 from Gamefly and sent it back after about an hour.

yeah, One Piece Burning Blood.

it's real bad
Really bad like in one of those anime games that has naked boobies? (or like really bad as in one of those anime games that doesn't have naked boobies?)

Thanks. Look forward to hearing how it works for you. I saw the same one and was thinking about it although first I need to get the refund on my old one (my own fault, I've been lazy about sending it back).
Okay, my Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 sound card showed up.

First, I would say its good good weight. I wish it weighed a bit more but its laying proper on the the desk with the wires plugged in. (Minor but important to me.)

Setup was simple, plug in USB cable, windows installed stuff (without a disk), rebooted and it was working. I didn't have to install anything from Creative Labs but I installed anyways as plugging both headset and speakers into the sound card didn't work like I had hoped. Anytime the headset is plugged in the speaker cuts out. Its not a killer but i would rather not pull out the headphones all that often but I just cannot find a setting in Windows for this. I swear I saw/changed a setting like this before in a program (aka something that came with my motherboard and not a windows setting) but that was so long ago and I'm just not seeing it... Granted, I could be missing it. I don't use the start menu all that much in Windows 10 and it seems like any install of new programs rearranges it. Now I can, and have, plugged my speakers back into the back of my computer and that allows me to just swap the speakers I want to use... So that works.

Tonight, I had my wife, who has far better hearing and ear for music (she's was a band geek while I had planes land (crash?) on the roof of my place of work), listen to music with the headphones plug both in the back of the computer and via the headphone jack on the Omni and she said the Omni was far superior.

So simple to use and it does what its suppose to do.

New Unreal Engine and Unity 5 Book Bundle:

Pay $1 or more:

• Building an RPG with Unreal 4.x
  • Unreal Engine Game Development Cookbook
  • Learning Unreal Engine Game Development
  • Getting Started with Unity 5
  • 30-day subscription to Mapt
Pay $8 or more:

• Unreal Engine 4 Game Development Essentials
  • Unity 5 for Beginners (videos)
  • 3D Game Design with Unreal Engine 4 and Blender
  • Blueprints Visual Scripting for Unreal Engine
  • Unity 5.x Game Development Blueprints
  • Unity 5.x Animation Cookbook
  • Unity 5.x Game AI Programming Cookbook
Pay $15 or more to also unlock:

• Unreal Engine 4.x By Example
  • Unreal Engine 4 Scripting with C++ Cookbook
  • Unity 5.x By Example
  • Learning C# by Developing Games with Unity 5.x
  • Unity 5.x Cookbook
  • Unity Virtual Reality Projects
  • Building an Unreal RTS Game: The Basics (videos)
UE4 is awesome (and free), and the base tier will teach you the fundamentals of game making. Higher tiers seem to deal with more in-depth concepts, like scripting and logic and map baking, so that's nice. But I'm sure you can find similar examples online, so $8 tier is as high as I'd recommend.

Think of all the complete trash people are selling on Steam these days. You don't even need to make a game anymore to make money, just throw your stupid-ass face on 5000 achievements and trigger them on the startup screen. That could be you, only actually putting in effort instead of recycling one of your other trash games. (Yeah I played them and yeah they were made with Unity)

Humble Saints Row Bundle second week BTA unlocks:

• Sacred Franchise Pack
  • Secret Files: Tunguska
  • Lost Horizon

Humble GameMaker Rebundle:

• The exact same crap as the bundle from a bunch of years ago.

I can always use more point and click adventure games for my backlog, at least I don't have these already.  Sacred...meh

On the plus side, you can get three crappy games for free!

- Extreme Burger Defense

- Freeway Mutant

- 10 Second Ninja X GameMaker Edition

Humble Saints Row Bundle second week BTA unlocks:

• Sacred Franchise Pack
  • Secret Files: Tunguska
  • Lost Horizon
Humble GameMaker Rebundle:

• The exact same crap as the bundle from a bunch of years ago.
I guess we had to get a crummy bundle, after getting the killer Capcom, Telltale, and Saints Row Deep Silver Bundles.

I might be one of the few people out there who was actually pleased to see the Secret Files & Lost Horizon unlocks. I've had both on my wishlist forever, so it was enough to push me over the edge. And thanks in large part to me being out of town for the past 5 days, I still had a tab open with a BTA at $3.95.

I might be one of the few people out there who was actually pleased to see the Secret Files & Lost Horizon unlocks. I've had both on my wishlist forever, so it was enough to push me over the edge. And thanks in large part to me being out of town for the past 5 days, I still had a tab open with a BTA at $3.95.
I was missing Sacred Citdel + Jungle Hunt DLC & Lost Horizon, so nice to get those games and the Steam +1.

I had Sacred 2 Gold already DRM-FREE from Gamersgate - but it's very nice to put this one on Steam.

also was missing Lost Horizon out of the unlocks, was hoping more unlocks that I did not have.  meh bundle for me as already had SaintsRow titles

Gamemaker bundle; the only Steam title that even interested me was the VN Solstice.  Not surprising that humble put out a crappy bundle (with no unlocks) right before the monthly.  Lately I think we should just plan out that the week of the monthly is going to be a bundle like today's

Solstice only thing I was really looking at in that GameMaker bundle. Was in the low $5's when I looked at work, decided it wasn't really worth it. Now it's up at $10. no thanks

I haven't been too impressed with Humble Bundles lately.  Stellaris one was decent, but overall they haven't hit a lot of home runs.  Granted it is not expensive, but this is CAG after all.

Last edited:
Very tempting if they are true Logitech refurbs with some sort of warranty.
dont! That model sucks in both sound quality (bass is super bad, virtual 7.1 is a joke) and comfort (my ears and head hurt after 10 min).

I moved on to HyperX Cloud and can game for hours. U can buy a 7.1 usb soundcard to convert ur standard headset to virtual 7.1

Okay, my Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 sound card showed up.

First, I would say its good good weight. I wish it weighed a bit more but its laying proper on the the desk with the wires plugged in. (Minor but important to me.)

Setup was simple, plug in USB cable, windows installed stuff (without a disk), rebooted and it was working. I didn't have to install anything from Creative Labs but I installed anyways as plugging both headset and speakers into the sound card didn't work like I had hoped. Anytime the headset is plugged in the speaker cuts out. Its not a killer but i would rather not pull out the headphones all that often but I just cannot find a setting in Windows for this. I swear I saw/changed a setting like this before in a program (aka something that came with my motherboard and not a windows setting) but that was so long ago and I'm just not seeing it... Granted, I could be missing it. I don't use the start menu all that much in Windows 10 and it seems like any install of new programs rearranges it. Now I can, and have, plugged my speakers back into the back of my computer and that allows me to just swap the speakers I want to use... So that works.

Tonight, I had my wife, who has far better hearing and ear for music (she's was a band geek while I had planes land (crash?) on the roof of my place of work), listen to music with the headphones plug both in the back of the computer and via the headphone jack on the Omni and she said the Omni was far superior.

So simple to use and it does what its suppose to do.
out of curiosity, how come u pick the 5.1 instead of going for 7.1 virtual surround sound?

dont! That model sucks in both sound quality (bass is super bad, virtual 7.1 is a joke) and comfort (my ears and head hurt after 10 min).

I moved on to HyperX Cloud and can game for hours. U can buy a 7.1 usb soundcard to convert ur standard headset to virtual 7.1
Eh, already ordered based on Sasquatc4's recommendation, and I've seen him game so I know he's good. I'm not too worried about bass as I listen to music on other headphones, but he said the virtual 7.1 was the best he's heard. For the price, I'm willing to give them a try. They get here in a few days and if I hate them I can always try the Plantronics I saw on sale too. Not trying to spend too much, so buying another soundcard to emulate 7.1 is out of the question. Plus, I've heard mixed things about basically all emulated surround.

Eh, already ordered based on Sasquatc4's recommendation, and I've seen him game so I know he's good. I'm not too worried about bass as I listen to music on other headphones, but he said the virtual 7.1 was the best he's heard. For the price, I'm willing to give them a try. They get here in a few days and if I hate them I can always try the Plantronics I saw on sale too. Not trying to spend too much, so buying another soundcard to emulate 7.1 is out of the question. Plus, I've heard mixed things about basically all emulated surround.
I don't know if he wears glasses while gaming, but I do and the G930 hurts (like a lot). If it works for you, then I am glad.

I can only swear by the HyperX Cloud after trying a few brands (ordered a bunch on Prime Day). It was quite amazing in both sound and comfort (with glasses on).

I mean, I can't speak for Inmate, but if it were me, I'd say it's because the difference is practically negligible.
I looked around this morning and can say I didn't see any hardware that was really caught my eye. It was certainly more expensive and as you point out its not that a big change and as I've said before while I've never been diagnosed with hearing loss I've had so many planes crash onto the roof of my office space that my days of being an audiophile are over... if they ever existed to begin with.

I did like the headset amp on the omni 5.1, I also liked it's design better, and, like I said, I loved the price.

I don't know if he wears glasses while gaming, but I do and the G930 hurts (like a lot). If it works for you, then I am glad.

I can only swear by the HyperX Cloud after trying a few brands (ordered a bunch on Prime Day). It was quite amazing in both sound and comfort (with glasses on).
I dont wear glasses, so yea didnt really think about that, but I could see it being an issue with alot of headsets, so good to know the hyperx's work well with them

I dont wear glasses, so yea didnt really think about that, but I could see it being an issue with alot of headsets, so good to know the hyperx's work well with them
That is a consideration, but I haven't found too many headsets I couldn't wear at all with glasses. The main one I use for calls is sort of tight, but I just adjust the glasses. I'll test them out then they arrive though.

Interesting new comics bundle if you like weird indie stuff. Or giving the history of hip-hop a Marvel comics makeover.
I've only read the Hip-Hop Family Tree Vol. 1 and I can't really recommend it. I mean, it's okay if you just want a ton of hip-hop history/information, but that's really it. It's sort of skewed/biased for and against certain people, so that's something to consider too. It's packed (too much IMO) with writing/information so it doesn't make for a good comic, more like a book with a lot of pictures. I read it as part of Comixology Unlimited and wasn't really itching to buy any of the other volumes afterwards.

I looked around this morning and can say I didn't see any hardware that was really caught my eye. It was certainly more expensive and as you point out its not that a big change and as I've said before while I've never been diagnosed with hearing loss I've had so many planes crash onto the roof of my office space that my days of being an audiophile are over... if they ever existed to begin with.

I did like the headset amp on the omni 5.1, I also liked it's design better, and, like I said, I loved the price.
have u looked into this (Creative Sound BlasterX G1 7.1 Portable HD Gaming USB)?

From Creative, offer 7.1 and cheaper than the Omni..

Well, the headset issue was solved for me today when they arrived and were cracked on one side (I'm assuming the crack was on the part Sasquatc4 mentioned they tended to crack).  Headset was also really dirty on the earcups so I doubt these are truly refurbs or logitech does a shit job at refurbing.  Item shipped in a thin plastic envelope. Only protection headset had inside was a thin bubble wrap pouch it was in.  Overall, horrible experience so stay away from this company.  Sending back for a refund.  

well that sucks, but i seem to remember similar reports on some of the newegg refurbs. They would show up and look OK but would smell horrible and have some broken stuff on them.  Guess their 'refurb' department is super hit or miss

Yeah, I've bought used headphones before.  Not sure if I ever bought refurbs, but these are just sketch.  I mean aside from the big crack (which I assume was the main reason these got sent back) the ear cups are really gunky and smell and I think I even see sweat stains or something from use.  So it seems they do minimal refurbing.  Any decent refurb would at least replace the earpads in this condition.  

quick note: game maker is worth every penny. if you've used GM in the past, and you want to make games, and you want the definitive version, you'll want this bundle which has studio 1.4. Support for 1.4 will close up eventually. Studio 2 is the current version, but version 2 changes WAY too much, in my opinion, from the original way Game Maker works. Version 2 isn't bad, its just not the same as 1.4 and the original line of game maker programs. this may be one of the last times you can buy version 1.4 for this cheap, so take advantage of this deal (even if you have the SLIGHTEST amount of interest in making a video game)

quick note: game maker is worth every penny. if you've used GM in the past, and you want to make games, and you want the definitive version, you'll want this bundle which has studio 1.4. Support for 1.4 will close up eventually. Studio 2 is the current version, but version 2 changes WAY too much, in my opinion, from the original way Game Maker works. Version 2 isn't bad, its just not the same as 1.4 and the original line of game maker programs. this may be one of the last times you can buy version 1.4 for this cheap.
I actually have no interest in game maker, but I "liked" your post in part because you offered helpful advice/opinions for those who might care. Mostly though, I "liked' your post because you talked about something other than gaming headphones.

quick note: game maker is worth every penny. if you've used GM in the past, and you want to make games, and you want the definitive version, you'll want this bundle which has studio 1.4. Support for 1.4 will close up eventually. Studio 2 is the current version, but version 2 changes WAY too much, in my opinion, from the original way Game Maker works. Version 2 isn't bad, its just not the same as 1.4 and the original line of game maker programs. this may be one of the last times you can buy version 1.4 for this cheap, so take advantage of this deal (even if you have the SLIGHTEST amount of interest in making a video game)
I'M IN, GONNA MAKE THE NEXT PUBG, YOU'LL SEE!!!!!!

I actually have no interest in game maker, but I "liked" your post in part because you offered helpful advice/opinions for those who might care. Mostly though, I "liked' your post because you talked about something other than gaming headphones.
Hey, it's not my fault my headset came broken so I can't hear any of the posts.

have u looked into this (Creative Sound BlasterX G1 7.1 Portable HD Gaming USB)?

From Creative, offer 7.1 and cheaper than the Omni..
I think he needs the individual speaker outs for surround sound.

Inmate, how is the headphone amp on the Omni? And how much did you pay? And how is the mic on it?

Considering it since Office Depot sells it and I have some rewards there, but I don't need the speaker outs personally so I wonder if I would be better off investing in a dedicated headphone dac/amp.

bread's done
Back