Humble Bundle Thread

Is $1 worth my time for Evolve if I'm playing offline single player only?  (I already own The Bureau and don't have a Vita)

Last edited by a moderator:
What did we do to deserve a bundle made up mostly of the old versions of games that have been already ported with better graphics to current gen?

funny-cow-animation-3.gif

Is there a purchase limit of one? I bought a bundle, now I'm trying to buy another as a gift but it keeps canceling my order.
Humble sets purchase limits on bundles. Usually you can buy more than one bundle per account, but only 1 per payment method. So try a different card or paypal or amazon or some other payment method and see if that works.

And I thought it couldn't get any worse than the Humble Micropenis Bundle.

I have not been happy with 3 weeks in a row of the weekly bundles.  This week was significant to me as I was off work this time, meaning I did not have to wait until night time when I come home to log onto humble.  Of course, a week that I could have gotten a good BTA by logging in when the bundles launches it is this.  Oh well.  This just means better bundle next week.

Except in the transition to free to play, they ruined the PC version. If the console version is unchanged, it's way better.
u mean the pre-F2P Evolve? It was terrible on PC and console.

Nothing has changed gameplay-wise when it went free to play except the business model. Sorry to say but I don't think buying Evolve now worth it.

For what it worth, the F2P Pc VERSION got updated with fixes and patches and final content from Turtle Rock. The console version got nothing.

Hence I didn't even bother dollaring in for this week HB.

Is it possible they can add more games to the humble bundle later?

I usually buy all the console humble bundles might just do the dollar tier here.

Is it possible they can add more games to the humble bundle later?

I usually buy all the console humble bundles might just do the dollar tier here.
I don't think so. I believe it usually says "more games coming" or something along those lines if new games will be added during the second week.

That's what you all thought last week too I bet.
I figured it'd be another publisher bundle but my guess was EA.. turns out it was worse. They've been pushing out all of the publisher bundles after the summer sale ended

At least they threw in more PS4 games in the THQ Nordic Playstation bundle.. this one's just 2k getting rid of PS3 crap that no longer sells.

u mean the pre-F2P Evolve? It was terrible on PC and console.

Nothing has changed gameplay-wise when it went free to play except the business model. Sorry to say but I don't think buying Evolve now worth it.
Yes it did. They changed a lot of stuff to make it faster and "more accessible". It completely threw off the balance. Stage 2 on PC did get some new characters, but they're just variations on the characters that were already in there, and some maps were tweaked, often for the worse. They also massively downgraded the graphics, for some reason. I guess so it would run on as many machines as possible.

And no, sorry, it wasn't terrible on PC. If you're not into the type of game it was, that's fine, because they were very bad at communicating that it was essentially a FPS MOBA and it seems like that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. But it was a well-made game that suffered from (IMO) hysterical overreaction to DLC and a disproportionate amount of "esports" hype.

$20 for Xcom 2 is pretty great IMO. The rest of the stuff is just throw ins that might make the bill or little better even if you only play one of them.

Yes it did. They changed a lot of stuff to make it faster and "more accessible". It completely threw off the balance. Stage 2 on PC did get some new characters, but they're just variations on the characters that were already in there, and some maps were tweaked, often for the worse. They also massively downgraded the graphics, for some reason. I guess so it would run on as many machines as possible.

And no, sorry, it wasn't terrible on PC. If you're not into the type of game it was, that's fine, because they were very bad at communicating that it was essentially a FPS MOBA and it seems like that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. But it was a well-made game that suffered from (IMO) hysterical overreaction to DLC and a disproportionate amount of "esports" hype.
well I am on the other camp. I got my Founder's reward, played extensively pre and post F2P.

Pre-F2P, I found the community to be toxic/elitist. They would curse at you and trashed you down for being new. It took very long time to set up a match. The game remained botched and broken with poor netcode and matchmaking. Monsters were imbalanced. Ppl who cheesed were the vocal one who scream "bloody murder" when their broken game got upgraded.

Post-F2P, the AI bot seems improved to take over missing/AFK player, maps are better balanced with less cheese, monsters got rebalanced with bug fixes, new monsters added with new twist, new character added with new ability and the community was quite fun to play with. Co-op mode got added and what a fun ride that was. Yes, I take the post-F2P version any day. Hell, even the tutorial section got re-done and was more accessible for new players. I believe that they still keep the old version pre-F2P up somewhere (maybe in beta branch) but can't confirm this since I didn't want to go back to pre-F2P version.

For what it worth, the post-F2P version was 2 step FORWARD and maybe 1 step backward for the cheesers. I don't miss them. I don't miss the toxic and elitist community which was plagued with hacking pre-F2P.

well I am on the other camp. I got my Founder's reward, played extensively pre and post F2P.

Pre-F2P, I found the community to be toxic/elitist. They would curse at you and trashed you down for being new. It took very long time to set up a match. The game remained botched and broken with poor netcode and matchmaking. Monsters were imbalanced. Ppl who cheesed were the vocal one who scream "bloody murder" when their broken game got upgraded.

Post-F2P, the AI bot seems improved to take over missing/AFK player, maps are better balanced with less cheese, monsters got rebalanced with bug fixes, new monsters added with new twist, new character added with new ability and the community was quite fun to play with. Co-op mode got added and what a fun ride that was. Yes, I take the post-F2P version any day. Hell, even the tutorial section got re-done and was more accessible for new players. I believe that they still keep the old version pre-F2P up somewhere (maybe in beta branch) but can't confirm this since I didn't want to go back to pre-F2P version.

For what it worth, the post-F2P version was 2 step FORWARD and maybe 1 step backward for the cheesers. I don't miss them. I don't miss the toxic and elitist community which was plagued with hacking pre-F2P.
I agree that the community got pretty bad at a certain point, but I can't say that I ever noticed much hacking. Here and there, but it wasn't really a rampant issue for me personally.

My biggest issue with Stage 2 was how they completely negated the teamwork aspect, especially when it comes to the Trapper. When every member can dome the monster, by just holding F when you see it, it makes them a lot less essential than they used to be. Trapper was my preferred class, and I loved trying to cut the monster off and dome it so everyone could unload. With Stage 2, they're just a class that does less damage than Assault but has some slowing weapons.

I also felt like the new maps they added were just garbage, and mostly focused on incongruous glowing power-ups. They didn't even try to insert them into the world, by having them inside albino wildlife as in the original maps, they were just Quake-style floating icons. Pretty sure they actually removed some maps as well, but maybe they got re-added later. I didn't stick with Stage 2 too long, because I disliked pretty much every change they made. Never played co-op mode because that holds no appeal for me.

as ive yet to upgrade to the ps4, im happy to see good deals for ps3 games.  ive been interested in the xcom series and ive heard good things about the story of spec ops so im happy with this bundle.

I'm seriously confused. Why are people so upset with the 2k bundle? I get that the two higher tiers are pretty trash but the $1 tier is great. The 2 Vita games alone makes it so much more than worth it.

I'm seriously confused. Why are people so upset with the 2k bundle? I get that the two higher tiers are pretty trash but the $1 tier is great. The 2 Vita games alone makes it so much more than worth it.
Er.. I love Vita and those are basically 2 games I would never play. Both XCOM/Civ are mobile ports, with XCOM having a far superior PC version.

I'll still buy it because it's rare to see two vita games for a dollar, but I don't think there's much appeal to those games

I'm seriously confused. Why are people so upset with the 2k bundle?
I think "upset" is overselling it. It's just not a very good bundle.

Of course, most posters in this thread are PC people since that's HB's bread and butter crowd. To them, XCOM is an old game that's been cheap before and everyone has, The Bureau got poor ratings and console Civilization games are a shadow of the real things. To console people, I guess it may be in part because the games are spread between three devices.

X-Com Vita was on a list of the worst playing Vita games I watched yesterday. Supposedly even the mobile Iphone version was a bit buggy, but this one plays worse, but it's playable because of the turn based nature of the game.

Civ Rev is great for $1 by itself, honestly. It's not a full-scale PC Civ, obviously, but it's like a slightly simplified board game version. And it's still fairly good.

Civ Rev is great for $1 by itself, honestly. It's not a full-scale PC Civ, obviously, but it's like a slightly simplified board game version. And it's still fairly good.
Yeah I ended up spending a lot of last night just playing Civ Rev 2 from the bundle and it's great. Calling it 2 feels a bit weird because honestly I can barely tell any differences between it and Civ Rev 1 (granted it's been 5+ years since I played Civ Rev 1 so my memory is dull), but, having it on the vita is great for me.

As for being simplified, that is certainly the case but I like that it tries to be different from the main series. I actually like some aspects of it more, namely I always found culture a lot more fun in Rev compared to like Civ 5 (which is the only mainline game I've played.)

I guess that makes sense. The last civ game I played was civ v which I'm a big fan of. I don't expect anything like that on console though. Didn't know XCom was rated so poorly but still. For me 2 Vita games is more than worth the dollar. I can see this being totally worthless for primarily PC players. I was pretty disappointed with the microjumbo bundle

There's no indication of it, but is Mafia II the greatest hits version that included all the DLC?

All the DLC has been delisted on PSN so otherwise it's an incomplete game.

There's no indication of it, but is Mafia II the greatest hits version that included all the DLC?

All the DLC has been delisted on PSN so otherwise it's an incomplete game.
I doubt it... The 360 version of the Greatest Hits had all the DLC on disc so I'm sure the PS3 version is the same way. (Might want to check Gamestop for a cheap used copy.)

bread's done
Back