Humble Bundle Thread

Honestly the only thing I don't own and even want is the Blade&Soul pack. So if anyone has an extra (or two) when that rolls around I'll buy it off you lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh hell totally forgot we'll find out what the other items in the Codemasters racing bundle is tomorrow. Still betting it will be Grid Autosport and Colin McRae the mobile game turned Steam release. Have also played a bit of Nex Machina, this is not a bad little game and is very pretty. Would I have bought it on my own... no, am I disappointed I got it in the Dec monthly.... not at all. 

Have also played a bit of Nex Machina, this is not a bad little game and is very pretty. Would I have bought it on my own... no, am I disappointed I got it in the Dec monthly.... not at all.
Been playing that too over the last couple days. There are so many moments where I can barely keep up with and process everything that's happening on-screen, and I love it.

So whole yogscast was leaked
7-dodgeball-quotes.gif

Distrust has been on my wishlist since release. Just realized they added online co-op to that too. Auto Age and ReThink look interesting as well, but none of these are worth $35 and I'm pretty sure Distrust will get rebundled.

When you're not happy with sales so you "accidentally leak" the entire bundle contents and it still sucks.

giphy.gif

ReThink looks "interesting" but it's yet another puzzle game and there's about a million of those that people own and probably haven't played yet while waiting on ReThink to be bundled. Plus ReThink already has a sequel out despite the original coming out in March 2017 so you just know that's bundle bait.

I like the description of the sequel:

ReThink | Evolved is the sequel to the well recieved puzzle-game "ReThink".
"You guys said 'Eh, it's pretty good, I guess' so we made more!" Also, someone forgot "I before E, except after C"

Wow. I spy quite a few unlocks that were in last years bundle. 

Maybe the Yogcast bundle would be digested better if they canned this stupid daily roll-out format. Case in point, I've already moved on now that the list has been leaked.

That whole list was actually leaked before bundle launched, nobody just posted it.

Suddenly it's gone from google cache too. wonder why.

I don't think I would buy that for $10 let alone $35.
I would consider it.

Does that really say the soundtrack requires the base game? WTF?
Pretty much every soundtrack on Steam, even the rare free one, requires you to own the base game because Steam will not let you buy DLC for a game that you don't own and they're set up as DLC for the game in question.

There are other dlcs too without base game
I'm interested in that Tales from Candlekeep game, but I can't figure out after looking at the Steam page and the official website whether that's a DLC or a base game + DLC. Anyway, this seems to make it more likely that it will turn up in a future (better) Humble.

If I was being generous, I'd say that the daily roll-out is supposed to be like an Advent calendar.

The main difference being that, with an Advent calendar, you know each day that you'll be getting a bit of chocolate or a small toy.  You don't have to open the little door in dread of more F2P DLC packages.

If I was being generous, I'd say that the daily roll-out is supposed to be like an Advent calendar.

The main difference being that, with an Advent calendar, you know each day that you'll be getting a bit of chocolate or a small toy. You don't have to open the little door in dread of more F2P DLC packages.
Yup, this bundle might be for charity but you know those F2P games just see it as nearly free advertising. At least the people who made Gunpoint are looking at a possible loss of sales.

I'm interested in that Tales from Candlekeep game, but I can't figure out after looking at the Steam page and the official website whether that's a DLC or a base game + DLC. Anyway, this seems to make it more likely that it will turn up in a future (better) Humble.
Wait, what? What is possibly confusing about this? It's Yogscast and it's for charity.

Of course it's just a DLC.

Hopefully just DLC so I can pick it free from steamgifts, because base game seems rare. Same for that nascar thingy. Could be good bundle :D

The main difference being that, with an Advent calendar, you know each day that you'll be getting a bit of chocolate or a small toy. You don't have to open the little door in dread of more F2P DLC packages.
tenor.gif

The new site layout is so awful that half the time I can't even tell if there's supposed to be a new bundle or not.

But since the bundles they've been putting out since the redesign are so awful that nobody in their right mind would want them, I guess it isn't much of a problem.

That whole list was actually leaked before bundle launched, nobody just posted it.

Suddenly it's gone from google cache too. wonder why.
Loosen up your tin foil hat, dude. Google Cache deletes things regularly, it's not a reliable source to look for removed pages.

Loosen up your tin foil hat, dude. Google Cache deletes things regularly, it's not a reliable source to look for removed pages.
Can you make Google cache delete something?

Anyway, "Wonder why" isn't even anything dark or a conspiracy. There's no wondering -- the intent is to have a daily roll out so, yeah, they'd want to get rid of "spoilers" if it's in their power.

Can you make Google cache delete something?

Anyway, "Wonder why" isn't even anything dark or a conspiracy. There's no wondering -- the intent is to have a daily roll out so, yeah, they'd want to get rid of "spoilers" if it's in their power.
You can send an email or something and request a deletion. You have to have certain reasons, etc., but I think Humble probably has the process down given prior leaks.

The new site layout is so awful that half the time I can't even tell if there's supposed to be a new bundle or not.

But since the bundles they've been putting out since the redesign are so awful that nobody in their right mind would want them, I guess it isn't much of a problem.
Yeah it is really terrible, typical modern web design of style over functionality. The old site design wasn't perfect or anything but it was better than this.

Also yeah last bundle I bought was in October according to my emails so I guess whatever lol.

Wow! Between all of the DLC for those games, the voucher for that one game, and the soundtrack for that other game the Yogscast bundle is easily worth $35.

Well that was a wet fart of an unlock for the racing bundle. I hope it does not give EA any ideas and release an EA sports bundle that consts of FIFA 12 ~ 15, NHL 11 ~ 14 & 16, and Madden 14 and a 50% off coupon for 17 along with whatever they are selling as microtransactions or dlc or whatever. At least there are 13 more days. As for the jingle scam.... the denial over at reddit has been rather entertaining. I think folks are still in shock that it could be this bad. Whatever charity yadda yadda yadda and they have raised a rather impressive amount this early into the bundle. 

Well that was a wet fart of an unlock for the racing bundle. I hope it does not give EA any ideas and release an EA sports bundle that consts of FIFA 12 ~ 15, NHL 11 ~ 14 & 16, and Madden 14 and a 50% off coupon for 17 along with whatever they are selling as microtransactions or dlc or whatever. At least there are 13 more days. As for the jingle scam.... the denial over at reddit has been rather entertaining. I think folks are still in shock that it could be this bad. Whatever charity yadda yadda yadda and they have raised a rather impressive amount this early into the bundle.
Considering Madden and NHL haven't been on PC in a decade I think that bundle would do quite well.

I hate the TV show Riverdale but I grew up reading the Archie double digests that they used to sell at grocery stores. Therefore, I'm considering the PWYW tier of the Archie Comics bundle. Has anyone here ever purchased a digital comics Humble Bundle, and is it just a bunch of PDFs that can be downloaded and read on an e-reader?

I hate the TV show Riverdale but I grew up reading the Archie double digests that they used to sell at grocery stores. Therefore, I'm considering the PWYW tier of the Archie Comics bundle. Has anyone here ever purchased a digital comics Humble Bundle, and is it just a bunch of PDFs that can be downloaded and read on an e-reader?
You general get access to at least 3 file types (PDF, EPUB, CBZ, sometimes MOBI, sometimes high quality PDF). I've never actually tried to send them to my old Kindle Fire in the proper way, but Humble has a decent help page explaining the best way to view on your device.

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/202844690#KindleFire

You general get access to at least 3 file types (PDF, EPUB, CBZ, sometimes MOBI, sometimes high quality PDF). I've never actually tried to send them to my old Kindle Fire in the proper way, but Humble has a decent help page explaining the best way to view on your device.

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/202844690#KindleFire
Thanks for your reply to my question. I can't see myself walking into a comic book shop in this day and age since print comics are way more expensive now than they were in the 80s and the 90s. I'm more likely to read these on my Galaxy Tab anyway, and I already have a file reader app on it that I believe can open PDF files. And I'm still kicking myself for not buying the G.I.Joe IDW comics bundle, so I will likely bite on this one.

Oh you assumed I meant PC. No no it would be for PS3.... with limited keys LOL LOL LOL clearly the best bundle.
well, yeah, they run twould pesant bundles a year so why would anyone assume someone is talking console?

Anyhow, yeah your bundle idea would somehow make their console bundles worse.

F1 2017 is on sale for 40% off right now, which happens to be the same discount you receive via the coupon in the codies bundle.  What a bargain.

:oldman:

edit: dirt 4 is only 55% off vs 60% with the coupon, although any sane person will wait for that game to be free.

F1 2017 is on sale for 40% off right now, which happens to be the same discount you receive via the coupon in the codies bundle. What a bargain.

:oldman:

edit: dirt 4 is only 55% off vs 60% with the coupon, although any sane person will wait for that game to be free.
I skimmed this thread and gave this post a like because I thought it was a good deal and wanted to thank parallacks for pointing it out. Then I realized I bought the racing bundle and already had a coupon for 40% off and I still didn't buy the game. Find a better deal to post parallacks. :shame:

Heads up for anyone who purchased the October Monthly: Steam keys have been added for the casual mountain-climbing simulator Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy.

bread's done
Back