Humble Indie Bundle 8 - Bonuses: Tiny & Big, Intrusion 2, English Country Tune, Oil Rush

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
Pay What You Want ($1 or more for steam keys):

• Little Inferno
  • Awesomenauts (includes a skin that is exclusive to the bundle)
  • Capsized
  • Thomas Was Alone
  • Dear Esther
Beat The Average:

• Hotline Miami
  • Proteus
  • Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers*
  • Intrusion 2*
  • English Country Tune*
  • Oil Rush w/ map pack DLC*
* If you purchase the bundle prior to 11 AM PST on 6/5/2013 you get these no matter what price you paid.

Steam keys for this bundle are individual.

Everything but Hotline Miami has a soundtrack available to download in both mp3 and flac. Hotline Miami's music is available in ogg format in a game directory.

Humble Bundles typically get bonus content one week after launch, which would be Tuesday, June 4, at 11 AM PST. Those who buy before the addition at any price get the bonus at no extra cost. Those who purchase the bundle after it is added will likely need to pay more than the average to get it.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Additionally, there is a Humble Weekly Sale for Telltale games taking place that includes The Walking Dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty interested in if they will add anything. Already a ton of games, but IIRC, every Humble Bundle has had some sort of bonus added in the second week (excluding the weeklies). To bad we don't have any ridiculous hints to go off of like another bundle site gives;)

I beat the average out of habit. I got in around $4.88. Not sure why I did though, I already own Hotline Miami (OVERRATED) and I'm not THAT interested in Proteus - oh well whatever dev/charity support.

The nice thing about not gaming much on PC is I never have any of the games in these bundles. Beat the average and picked up 7 games I do not have. I guess they will add more games but oh well.

[quote name='SMIFFY']To get all of this for about $5 is perhaps the best deal of the year, even more so than the MS Points glitch.[/QUOTE]

uh.......... I guess that's your opinion?

[quote name='dcm1602']so if i pay like 1.01 ill get awesomenauts with a steam key ?[/QUOTE]

Yup. Though you only need to pay $1.00.

Bought at $5.75, 8 cents over the average. I didn't have any of these, so it's 82 cents per game. The people who are acting like this is a ripoff are nuts.

I've had Capsized, Dear Esther and Little Inferno on my wish list for a long time now, glad my patience has paid off! The chicken costume for Awesomenauts is a nice bonus as well. Like many others, I already had Hotline Miami and didn't really want to spend $5.xx to get Proteus.

[quote name='xCappax']uh.......... I guess that's your opinion?[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah; that's a given though, isn't it? You weren't expecting irrefutable fact and undeniable truth from my forum post, were you?

I *was* super stoked to see this deal though. Even with the points glitch, I couldn't buy this much awesome gaming for $5 on my 360.

I bought the bundle for five-seven-fiddy as well. I'm only interested in Proteus and Thomas Was Alone, so I got all these Steam keys I'm willing to give away. This may not be the place to do so, however.

[quote name='Devulture']I bought the bundle for five-seven-fiddy as well. I'm only interested in Proteus and Thomas Was Alone, so I got all these Steam keys I'm willing to give away. This may not be the place to do so, however.[/QUOTE]

I'm really only interested in Hotline Miami.. I have some of the older bundles. Want to trade?

Don't have anything in this bundle but I doubt I would actually play anything besides Hotline Miami and Capsized. Think I'll just wait for the inevitable 75% off sale on Hotline.

[quote name='Killbomb']Don't have anything in this bundle but I doubt I would actually play anything besides Hotline Miami and Capsized. Think I'll just wait for the inevitable 75% off sale on Hotline.[/QUOTE]

or you could look into the steam trading thread, lots of people selling it for $2 or less

I already own Hotline Miami(thanks to some gracious CAGs, and yes there were multiple people lol) and I'm not interested in Proteus so I think I'll drop a buck to pick up everything else, of which I own none.

EDIT: Wow, they all came as separate keys? Not as one big bundle? That's surprising.

Great Bundle. Already Had Hotline and Awesomenauts, but went for a $1 for the low tier games and soundtracks. Small warning that if you play Hotline you will probably end up buying the soundtrack for it. A few of those songs have already slipped into my most played tracks.

Here's a key for Awesomenauts:

TY7K2-8PG3G-752X4

[quote name='Detruire']The lack of Hotline Miami soundtrack is probably the most disappointing thing about this bundle imo.[/QUOTE]

The songs are in the game folder.

[quote name='dcm1602']so if i pay like 1.01 ill get awesomenauts with a steam key ?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

You also get a Hop Sing's coupon for a small dalmatian-lo-mein to go. I hear that the cuisine is a bit spotty though.

Happily paid 6 bucks. I didn't have any of these games, and only one of the soundtracks. Long live the Humble Bundle!

Wow that BTA sure jumped up from earlier in the day... Good thing I tossed a dollar back when it was under $5 while I debate if beating the average is worth it >.> I didn't have any of the games in this bundle, and I really wanted Little Inferno, so best bundle I've bought in a long time, though Groupees has had some good bundles lately.

Thank you so much, OP. I'm not much of a PC gamer, but I have been really interested in Dear Esther and Hotline Miami. This is an awesome deal.

Bought twice, against my CAG principles, just to show support for the HIB and their Linux porting efforts. Great bundle!

[quote name='seamoss']Bought twice, against my CAG principles, just to show support for the HIB and their Linux porting efforts. Great bundle![/QUOTE]

Why not just buy once for a high price ;)

[quote name='AionTelos']Why not just buy once for a high price ;)[/QUOTE]

There's "bending" the CAG principles, and there's completely breaking them ;)

Ok I forgot, I know that you get the extras after a week, but can someone tell me, do they give you the BTA games with the extras? I forgot.

[quote name='sicsonic']Ok I forgot, I know that you get the extras after a week, but can someone tell me, do they give you the BTA games with the extras? I forgot.[/QUOTE]

no, you still need to BTA to get Hotine Miami and Proteus. The bonuses are for everyone that buys in the first week, and BTA only after that.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']no, you still need to BTA to get Hotine Miami and Proteus. The bonuses are for everyone that buys in the first week, and BTA only after that.[/QUOTE]

Alright thanks.

I added the needed amount to BTA to my initial $1 payment. I kind of messed up because I thought you needed to enter the total, so i paid the extra dollar.

So note to those that may change their mind like I did, you just enter what you want to ADD to your initial payment, not what you want the TOTAL to be.

[quote name='lochdoun']I hope FTL is one of the bonuses.[/QUOTE]

That would just be amazing. I've held off on getting FTL so far but I do really want it.

As a rule, the bonus games (besides the ones that are repeats from previous bundles) are rarely more impressive than the main bundle games. The only exceptions to this rule would be the Binding Of Issac, (which was a bonus for the Voxitron debut), SpaceChem (which was a bonus for the Frozen Synapse "bundle") and, at least in my opinion, Atom Zombie Smasher (which was a bonus for HiB3).

FTL is far more likely to be a BTA game in HiB9. Which will probably arrive sometime around September.

If it is FTL I will be a little disappointed, since I bought it during the $4 sale. What happens if they give you a game you already have? Do you get an extra key?

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']If it is FTL I will be a little disappointed, since I bought it during the $4 sale. What happens if they give you a game you already have? Do you get an extra key?[/QUOTE]

you're forever shunned for buying an indie game

for shame

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']If it is FTL I will be a little disappointed, since I bought it during the $4 sale. What happens if they give you a game you already have? Do you get an extra key?[/QUOTE]

Do you mean that you bought it from the Humble store? If so, the answer is definitely yes. You will get an additional key for it. I bought Legend of Grimlock Grimrock about six months before HiB7, and I received an extra key for it with my bundle purchase.

[quote name='The End']Do you mean that you bought it from the Humble store? If so, the answer is definitely yes. You will get an additional key for it. I bought Legend of Grimlock Grimrock about six months before HiB7, and I received an extra key for it with my bundle purchase.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that is what I meant. I feel a little bad for trading/selling humble keys, but if I already bought it once...

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Thanks, that is what I meant. I feel a little bad for trading/selling humble keys, but if I already bought it once...[/QUOTE]

Whoa, whoa whoa! Hold on there a second! You mean to say that you plan sell the extra key that you get if FTL shows up in a Humble Bundle? What kind of monster are you? Only a true Scumbag would turn around and resell an extra key that they got from a bundle dedicated to charity.

You DISGUST me sir!

This wiki has a list of all the indie games sold on the Humble Store and while there's a chance a potential bonus game isn't on here I'd say it's more likely than not. So, eliminating stuff that's already been in an HIB promo and stuff that probably won't be a bonus (e.g. War for the Overworld, Legend of Dungeon, stuff on preorder/still relatively new) you're looking at stuff like: Anodyne, A Virus Named Tom, Dead Pixels, Defender's Quest, Don't Starve, Dyad, Fez (doubt it since the guy is so pretentious), FTL, Gateways, Intrusion 2, Kentucky Route Zero, McPixel, Organ Trail, PID, Puzzle Dimension, Retro City Rampage, Sugar Cube, Tiny&Big, Tower Wars, and Waveform.

Worth noting that Tower Wars is on a weeklong deal on Steam that should end before the announcement of any HIB bonus games. It also flopped pretty hard.

bread's done
Back