I am Legend

I am going to the midnight showing. Not because I feel this movie is midnight showing worthy, but just because I love going to midnight showings. :)

[quote name='joe2187']You know what, The Chipmunks movie doesnt look that bad...Although i always saw Tom Hanks as the Guy who played Dave.

Im going to hell[/QUOTE]

The Animation looks pretty good, and the voices don't sound too bad. I am sure it has some good laughs in store.

[quote name='Zen Davis']We had this same conversation about RE3. Remember that conversation? It went something like you saying "Shit Zen was right!" ;)

Alvin and the Chipmunks = 28%

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1184827-alvin_and_the_chipmunks/[/QUOTE]

did I say that? Show me the linky? I knew the crow animation was going to be good, but the whole movie was a major let down :whistle2:(

Anyways if anyone hasn't seen this the first 3 minutes of the movie is up and some other scenes

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809768369/video/5453908

[quote name='ITDEFX']did I say that? [/quote]
No. You didn't say that.

I was paraphrasing your dissapointment to make my suggestion of checking out Juno seem more legit.

But seriously check out Juno.

[quote name='ITDEFX']did I say that? Show me the linky? I knew the crow animation was going to be good, but the whole movie was a major let down :whistle2:(

Anyways if anyone hasn't seen this the first 3 minutes of the movie is up and some other scenes

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809768369/video/5453908[/quote]

Seeing that opening scence reminded me alot of 12 monkey's

HEY! thats what this movie needed to make it even better...BRUCE WILLIS!! willis makes everything better.:cool:

[quote name='Wolfkin']you gotta be joking me. Heston could take me out in a fight maybe but as an actor... the man is trash. Smith isn't amazing but nothing as bad as Heston.I actually hated that movie. Among it's flaws I count the fact that it came from a play and you can tell. I could practically see them changing sets every few minutes. If you're going to turn a play into a movie you don't need to preserve the transition scenes. bah.[/quote]

I agree with you with Point #1. Heston is a horrible actor and completely overrated. The worst role he did was the Mexican cop in 'A Touch of Evil'- it still is a great film but he was easily the worst miscast in the history of film.

[quote name='crushtopher']Ben-Hur and the chariot race = EPIC
How can you slam Heston? He was the shiat of his time[/quote]

No No No No My friend....

KIRK DOUGLAS....was the Shiatzu of his Time

One word Muddabitches...SPARTACUS!

Alvin was down to a 0% earlier. How the hell did it make it to 30%?!?

And when the fuck is Juno getting a release wider than NY/LA? Edit: Christmas, apparently.

[quote name='Zen Davis']Alvin and the Chipmunks? No! Go watch Juno!
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/juno/[/quote]SECOND. caught a screening of Juno and it's a pretty decent movie. Personally my fav part is when her step-mom says she dreams of having a dog and Juno says "Who-hoo dream big" that got an actual laugh from me.[quote name='crushtopher']Ben-Hur and the chariot race = EPIC
How can you slam Heston? He was the shiat of his time[/quote]I'll give you Ben-Hur because that whole movie was beastly.[quote name='Dead of Knight']
And when the fuck is Juno getting a release wider than NY/LA? Edit: Christmas, apparently.[/quote]I don't konw where OSU is but they had screenings for Juno pretty much everywhere.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Alvin was down to a 0% earlier. How the hell did it make it to 30%?!?
[/quote]

Because there were 10 0 votes, and Alvin, Simon, and Theodore each voted 100% resulting in 30%.

I will hopefully be seeing this Saturday night. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to see it, but all the hype has made me curious.
[quote name='Dead of Knight']And when the fuck is Juno getting a release wider than NY/LA? Edit: Christmas, apparently.[/quote]

I've been wondering that myself. I'll see anything with Michael Cera.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']just saw it. Amazing movie... the tension, acting and story made me not care about the Mummy era CGI[/QUOTE]

How was your theater? Crowded?

I decided to wait til the 10:15am showing on Friday..

now for a few questions

-What trailers were infront of it?

-Was there an actual SCORE?

Was Neville's death scene really nessasary or just thrown in?

-Sequel?

Avoiding this thread besides the first post. Glad you liked the movie i've kept away from most all the talk about it and just going to see it late friday or saturday and hope it's good. :D

-Batman (not 6 min imax trailer) 10,000 BC, Jumper (awesome), Adam Sandler "funny" movie
-Not that I can remember... if there was it blended in really well
-necessary
-fuck no. Same chance for a sequel as Children of Men

[quote name='SpottedNigel']-Batman (not 6 min imax trailer) 10,000 BC, Jumper (awesome), Adam Sandler "funny" movie
-Not that I can remember... if there was it blended in really well
-necessary
-fuck no. Same chance for a sequel as Children of Men[/QUOTE]

oh... you would figure another cloverfield trailer would pop up to remind everyone the movie is out next month.

[quote name='ITDEFX']oh... you would figure another cloverfield trailer would pop up to remind everyone the movie is out next month.[/QUOTE]
I wish. They'll probably start a HUGE push right at/after Christmas

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Don't see this garbage. I'd rather watch Hitch 2.[/QUOTE]

they are making a Hitch 2??? :whistle2:|

[quote name='SpottedNigel']I wish. They'll probably start a HUGE push right at/after Christmas[/QUOTE]

then it will probably show up in AvP:R

I hate Will Smith. He's one of my least favorite actors.

And yet...this movie looks good. I think I am seeing it with friends tomorrow night.

If it turns out to be good, he may just be a little less hated by me.

The movie was just good IMO. Not amazing, not something I'd see again, but I got enjoyment out of it. Not as good as I thought it would be, and the CGI was awful.

Best part was The Dark Knight trailer

[quote name='ITDEFX']they are making a Hitch 2??? :whistle2:|[/quote]

Yeah, with Will Smith's son (you know, the lil nappy head from Pursuit of Happyness, I think his name is Jabazz Pinkett Smith or some such shit) as Hitch Junior.

His goal is to become a Junior Pimp Playa, all the while avoiding the school bully played by Lil Bow Wow or Lil Romeo or one of those little thugs in training.

I just came back.... damn almost overslept and almost missed the morning show :whistle2:|

Trailers infront of this movie

Ironman (same old trailer, nothing new :whistle2:| )
Nardia 2 (????? Never saw the first one)
some xmen type (but not xmen) movie with these two guys who can teleport.
10,000 BC (Gonna skip this one)
The Dark Knight Trailer

Anyways, I can say wow. It wasn't amazing, but it was good.

I cried when Nevllie had to put down the dog off screen... that was so sad :(
It was so sad that he wanted to kill himself by trying to take down as many of those mother fuckers as he possibly could.
Sad to see that his wife and daughter were killed by another out of control helicopter during the evacuation.

Yes the movie left me with more questions then answers including:

How could Neville been sure that he cured the virus at the end of the movie? There was not enough time to do more tests to be sure.

So..... what's up with the Darkseeker leader?

Anna and the mute kid just happen to get to NYC from MD with no weapons?

The main character and the girl drives in shiny new cars.....

Neville knows the Dark Seekers can be hurt by UV light, yet he doesn't carry any UV lights or a UV light bomb (similar to what Blade used in Blade 2), however he is able to set up a light and explosive layer infront of his house

Anna and the kid get to Vermont unharmed :whistle2:|

Wow the girl and kid can survive a grenade explosion less then 10 feet from their wall hiding spot 0.0

Score was non existent ... think Cast Away... Score bits here and there but no real full length score.... Does it need it? Nah... would it been nice to have it...sure.

despite the plot holes, it was still a good movie...

so, I was just at best buy, and found the omega man. What should I watch first, The Omega Man, or I am Legend? It sounds like The Omega Man is only loosely based on the book, so it shouldn't give too much away.

[quote name='xcoax']so, I was just at best buy, and found the omega man. What should I watch first, The Omega Man, or I am Legend? It sounds like The Omega Man is only loosely based on the book, so it shouldn't give too much away.[/QUOTE]

not needed..

also despite what people said, the CG wasn't bad at all. I can see why they used it...but for the close ups, they could have just used a person in make up.

[quote name='ITDEFX']
Anyways, I can say wow. It wasn't amazing, but it was good.

I cried when Nevllie had to put down the dog off screen... that was so sad :(
It was so sad that he wanted to kill himself by trying to take down as many of those mother fuckers as he possibly could.
Sad to see that his wife and daughter were killed by another out of control helicopter during the evacuation.

Yes the movie left me with more questions then answers including:

How could Neville been sure that he cured the virus at the end of the movie? There was not enough time to do more tests to be sure.

So..... what's up with the Darkseeker leader?

Anna and the mute kid just happen to get to NYC from MD with no weapons?

The main character and the girl drives in shiny new cars.....

Neville knows the Dark Seekers can be hurt by UV light, yet he doesn't carry any UV lights or a UV light bomb (similar to what Blade used in Blade 2), however he is able to set up a light and explosive layer infront of his house

Anna and the kid get to Vermont unharmed :whistle2:|

Wow the girl and kid can survive a grenade explosion less then 10 feet from their wall hiding spot 0.0

Score was non existent ... think Cast Away... Score bits here and there but no real full length score.... Does it need it? Nah... would it been nice to have it...sure.

despite the plot holes, it was still a good movie...[/quote]
I literally laughed when he said hello to the mannequin after he buried the dog. Also, he put the dog in the crippler crossface.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']I literally laughed when he said hello to the mannequin after he buried the dog. Also, he put the dog in the crippler crossface.[/QUOTE]

well it just surprises me that he was the only survivor in NYC... Society couldn't just fall apart in 3 years... so how the hell did he get information about the status on the world's population?

[quote name='ITDEFX']not needed..

also despite what people said, the CG wasn't bad at all. I can see why they used it...but for the close ups, they could have just used a person in make up.[/QUOTE]

I pretty much only got it because it had the free movie ticket to I am Legend attached to it. I'm always a sucker for basically getting a DVD free with my movie ticket purchase, though this deal isn't as sweet as the time that best buy mismarked the Die Hard trilogy as $7.xx and I basically got the first three films and a ticket to Live Free for less than I would have paid for a ticket at the theater.

I just got back from seeing it and I have some mixed opinions.

As a standalone movie it was fairly good. There was a good sense of suspense and in several parts you actually pitied Neville.

However, when compared to the book I felt it came up well short in several aspects and would have been better off staying more loyal to its source material.

Overall, it's a worthwhile watch whether or not you've read the books, but you'll likely think more highly of it if you haven't read the book.

Just got back. I was really looking forward to this movie. I wanted to like it. The beginning was set up really well and I felt the shifts between the present and the outbreak were well done. Near the halfway point the movie took a sharp dive. In the end I was pretty disappointed. I usually like post-apocalyptic movies, but this just felt like wasted potential.

too bad Neville didn't have time to
give the girl BACKUP DISCS of all his work and videos
That would have spend up the development and deployment of the cure to the survivors.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']I literally laughed when he said hello to the mannequin after he buried the dog. Also, he put the dog in the crippler crossface.[/quote]

Spoiler Tags please:nottalking:

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']I literally laughed when he said hello to the mannequin after he buried the dog. Also, he put the dog in the crippler crossface.[/quote]

tapped out!

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']I literally laughed when he said hello to the mannequin after he buried the dog. Also, he put the dog in the crippler crossface.[/QUOTE]

Lets see if you laugh if someone puts your dog in a Crippler Crossface.

man have some respect and show compassion for the animal and Neville...he had no choice in the matter. I really wonder how that animal association that supervises all animal activities on movie sets approved of this scene. Poor dog :_ - (

Saw it tonight good movie I am going to rent Omega Man now and watch it. Is it better than Last Man on Earth? I went into all this completely blind so it was all news to me. :D

Yikes, I really liked were this movie was heading, but it went south somewhere around the time when that woman and child showed up. I really, disliked the typical Hollywood ending that they slapped on. BAH! Way to f-up one of the Horror genre's best endings.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']
Yikes, I really liked were this movie was heading, but it went south somewhere around the time when that woman and child showed up. I really, disliked the typical Hollywood ending that they slapped on. BAH! Way to f-up one of the Horror genre's best endings.
[/quote]

Agree 100%

Bottom line, go see the flick. Will Smif is awesome no matter what.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Lets see if you laugh if someone puts your dog in a Crippler Crossface[/quote]

I laughed at the mannequin, not at the dog. I shed a tear for both the dog and the Benoit family.

bread's done
Back