I am so Old School that...

yeah nibi I dare you to have a spoonfull of that stuff

as for old school?
I always blow into my games, regardless of whether its a cartridge or CD
:cool:

Wow I was about to say that I am so Old School that I beat Streets of Rage with an Atari Controller (Only the A button works) but ricochet, I think you have me beat.

oh yeah the pic

I play Contra III Alien Wars almost every day still along with SF2 turbo.
I have the Power glove :)
I have the Super Scope 6 :)
Still own my original NES I got for my 7th b day ;)

I play most games on my Amdek Color -1 Monitor :)

[quote name='Nibi']I have an unopened box of the Super Mario Bros. Legend of Zelda cereal!

How Old School are you?[/QUOTE]

I remember the jingle for the comercial for the cereal.

To this day if someone says mario bros. the first thing that pops in my head is turtles coming out of pipes and the "pow" button in the middle bottom of the screen.

Uhhhh...Im so old school, that a sex fantasy of mine involves my fiancee naked, some lube, and an atari 2600 joystick...

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']I still play tetris on the original gameboy[/QUOTE]
just checked mine and it still works :lol:

[quote name='Nibi']I have an unopened box of the Super Mario Bros. Legend of Zelda cereal!

That doesn't make you old school. If you recently bought it (within the past few years) then you are new "old school". If, however, you've had it since it came off the grocery store shelf, you could definitely be called old school.

112.jpg

:)

I have a box of Donkey Kong cereal that is open and beyond stale on top of my refridgerator. I should probably get around to cleaning the crap up there.

[quote name='Mr.Answer']Pacman fever was played at my bachelor party.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Think I still have a tape of that with Frogger and some other tunes.

Old School cheapass gamer: Bought a colecovision and 10 games for $100! Lionel Playworld was going out of business because of TRU.

[quote name='ZeroHero']I play Contra III Alien Wars almost every day still along with SF2 turbo.
[/QUOTE]

Me too! Every morning I beat sfII turbo.

[quote name='Mr.Answer']Pacman fever was played at my bachelor party.[/QUOTE]

I still have that record from when it was released.

[quote name='Strell']So old school I don't have to create topics to proclaim how old school I am.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: my sentiments exactly.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']That's not something to be proud of, by the way. :D[/QUOTE]

Well, I was like 7 years old at the time when I got it.... and I am proud - Pac-man rules.

[quote name='Nibi']Wow I was about to say that I am so Old School that I beat Streets of Rage with an Atari Controller (Only the A button works) but ricochet, I think you have me beat.

oh yeah the pic

[/QUOTE]

Ok now lets see a pic of you opening it and actually eating it :lol:

I wonder what it looks like in the inside by now?

Hey guys, I am not trying to be a poser or anything, this topic is just for fun and so I can see some funny ass comments made by the witty CAG community. I hope no one takes this too seriously. And I would never, ever, ever open that box. I would probably get poisoned. And it is an original box I still remember when I bought it at the A&P.

I don't think it makes me 'old school' at all, but...

-I've got the Pac-Man board game around somewhere... and I use a cracked Pac-Man glass as a pencil holder

-I used to beat Streets of Rage playing with my toes about once a week. (I gave up that hobby when I got a PS... hitting shoulder buttons with your toes is hard!)

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']im so old school, i use a MS-DOS computer every day... with no mouse![/QUOTE]

Well a mouse is just silly for most things dos anyway.

I am pretty old school...

I still have the fruit-roll up that came with Gunstar Heroes sealed. It says "free sample with this video game" on the wrapper.
gsh6zt.jpg

[quote name='DuelLadyS']
-I used to beat Streets of Rage playing with my toes about once a week. (I gave up that hobby when I got a PS... hitting shoulder buttons with your toes is hard!)[/QUOTE]

:shock:

[quote name='iheartmetal']im so old school im older than most people on this board[/QUOTE]

How old?

I'm 39, my first system was an Odyssey 2.
First computer was a Timex Sinclair with the 16K Ram Expansion

[quote name='Kayden']My first games were text based and came on 5.25" floppies.[/QUOTE]

I have some old text games too for my archaic Epson Equity I PC. Big Rig and International Bridge contractors were fun. I still have them, just no means of tranferring the data to my current PC to play them.

[quote name='ZeroHero']
112.jpg

:)[/QUOTE]

i love the powerglove..its so BAD!
-THATS how old school i am :cool:..if u dont kno that line , u lose all ur old school-age

-i grew up with the old apple green-screen oregon trail, and states and capitals..hell yea (if u wanna call the latter a game..go right ahead)

[quote name='csidegamer']How old?

I'm 39, my first system was an Odyssey 2.
First computer was a Timex Sinclair with the 16K Ram Expansion[/QUOTE]

I saw an Odyssey 2 a few years ago at the flea market. It was boxed too. I wish I had bought it. The first systems I had were Radio Shack pong (w/light gun) and the Atari 2600. I am only 28 though so I didn't get to play the very earliest stuff.

[quote name='Nibi']Hey guys, I am not trying to be a poser or anything, this topic is just for fun and so I can see some funny ass comments made by the witty CAG community. I hope no one takes this too seriously. And I would never, ever, ever open that box. I would probably get poisoned. And it is an original box I still remember when I bought it at the A&P.[/QUOTE]

So why not just remove the cereal when you first bought it? That's what I did to a Spider-Man cereal box and it still looks new. Open it from the bottom, take out the cereal bag -- save the box.

EDIT: I have a non-working Odyssey2 (box and manuals) from Christmas '82.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']
EDIT: I have a non-working Odyssey2 (box and manuals) from Christmas '82.[/QUOTE]

Mine still works :D
Bring it out at least once a year.

...I personally witnessed what was one of the very first 'Easter Eggs' in gaming. Anyone else remember what happened in "Space Invaders Deluxe" if you cleared a board and managed to save a bottom-row alien for last? I mean, we're talking 1980 here, '81 at latest.

I also used to have a Pac-Man pattern paperback, back in the day when my quarter supply was at the mercy of my tyrannical (well, more like responsible) parents. Therefore, to this day, I've never even sniffed the "Key" or "Galaxian" boards. I suck.

bread's done
Back