I got Black Ops off Craigslist!!

Yeah I know i always buy off Amazon, but I dont mind paying ten dollars less to get it early....really early....plus im getting the Hardened Edition off Amazon already from Amazon so ill end up selling this copy once i get mine! @scorch: i dont ask questions..

[quote name='Gamer SDP']looks legit. is the case the same as the display ones?[/QUOTE]

to add to the more sketchiness of it, both times they were just discs only

I know how to get some of these games early as well, but I also know if you go on multiplayer before this game is released your name is banned for life.. so be careful

[quote name='Assau1tedCracka']im on xbox live right now, the servers are not up, as long as it's a real copy they can't ban me, just like Halo Reach[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GameOverSuckas']I know how to get some of these games early as well, but I also know if you go on multiplayer before this game is released your name is banned for life.. so be careful[/QUOTE]

I think it's too late.

Exactly. Bungie and MS stated on the Reach issue that if you got a legit copy early you weren't going to get banned. Only the idiots that played online with modded copies got banned.

Yeah but what is a "legit" copy in Microsoft's eyes? Buying a copy off someone on Craigslist might not be considered legit even if it's just a stolen retail copy.

[quote name='Assau1tedCracka']to add to the more sketchiness of it, both times they were just discs only[/QUOTE]
No. That's not a stolen game at all. The person who got it a week early just lost the case/manual/artwork already. Yeah. That's it.:roll:

Paying $10 less just to get a disc only early copy of a probably mundane FPS is NOT that good of a deal, especially since the game is probably stolen.

[quote name='mossman43']Who cares if it's stolen? When I buy shit, I don't care where it comes from. I would care more that it's disk only.[/QUOTE]

Wait till somebody robs your house and then sells your things on Craigslist, let's see if your story changes.

lol, you guys should all know that it will have its resell value on ebay COD isn't really a collectors's item, i mean millions of copies are sold, and also, I can get a case from gamestop from people I know once they start being traded in, whatever your opinion of the game is (which you guys havent played) does not make scoring a BIG title a week early, and cheaper than retail launch, I am still buying my copy from Amazon because I want the Zombie maps, but seems like a lot of people want to hate because its not their favorite game( Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy 15, ETC) I bet half of you would go APE shit if you got those early!

Ten bucks off retail for a game a week earlier than launch with nothing but the disc(s) is a sucky deal no matter how you look at it.

As for 'popular' games, I typically hate most shooters and I can't stand RPG's like Final Fantasy(I prefer action-y ones like the Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance ones).

But if someone offered me a COLLECTORS EDITION of a game releasing a week later with EVERYTHING for $30-40 off MSRP I'd buy it in a second. But disc only....nah.

I mean honestly Im not worried about getting a "good" deal on a game that I am a major fan of (especially multiplayer) Money's not really a problem for me right now, so to spend a lil bit, play it early then throw it on ebay and break even.....that's what I did with Halo Reach, I mean we all have our own opinions but to me to have a MAJOR release a week early below MSRP is a GREAT Deal to me

[quote name='jaredstorm']I seriously hope you get banned from XBL.[/QUOTE]
lol why what did I do wrong? why would I get banned...and as discussed Im not getting banned so your dreams will be crushed......sorry

Ok so you go the game early who cares, what do you want? A cookie. Whats the point of these i got the game early threads? The only thing you can really do is play the campaign, maybe some zombies but thats it. By next week it wont matter if you got the game early.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Ok so you go the game early who cares, what do you want? A cookie. Whats the point of these i got the game early threads? The only thing you can really do is play the campaign, maybe some zombies but thats it. By next week it wont matter if you got the game early.[/QUOTE]

Again is that I got it early, it is a "bragging rights" thread sooooo, I mean alot of people are hating on here though, i mean damn....its funny, because I like single player, I mean can I be excited that I get to enjoy a game before others?? lol either way you cut it I still got it early and get to enjoy it

[quote name='skiizim']Wait till somebody robs your house and then sells your things on Craigslist, let's see if your story changes.[/QUOTE]

I meant stuff from stores, like in his case, smart ass. I would NEVER buy stolen goods from other people. Seriously, some people here have no problem with taking an ad that is clearly a misprint, bring it to the store that advertised it, get refused, and keep going from store to store to get it matched. Isn't that just as bad as buying a game stolen from a store?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Go on Live & see what happen.[/QUOTE]

What? What will happen? He'll get banned? No, he won't.

Why does every idiot think that logging on live with a game you got early a bannable offense? Major Nelson has said that it isn't a million times. The people who get banned are the ones pirating their early copies and not the ones who get it legitimately.

[quote name='DarkRider23']What? What will happen? He'll get banned? No, he won't.

Why does every idiot think that logging on live with a game you got early a bannable offense? Major Nelson has said that it isn't a million times. The people who get banned are the ones pirating their early copies and not the ones who get it legitimately.[/QUOTE]

Yes but is buying it off someone from Craigslist who presumably stole it buying it legitimately?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yes but is buying it off someone from Craigslist who presumably stole it buying it legitimately?[/QUOTE]

Stolen or not has nothing to do with getting banned from Xbox Live for getting it early. In the case of this argument, stolen is considered legitimate. Pirated copies are the ones referred to as not legitimately obtained.

[quote name='Assau1tedCracka']Again is that I got it early, it is a "bragging rights" thread sooooo, I mean alot of people are hating on here though, i mean damn....its funny, because I like single player, I mean can I be excited that I get to enjoy a game before others?? lol either way you cut it I still got it early and get to enjoy it[/QUOTE]

This! Is all the hate that he is getting because he got Black Ops and everyone posting in this thread i assume hates COD and now are just picking him apart. He got his disc off craigs list. WHO THE fuck CARES if its stolen or not. That should be his concern not any of yours.

no matter what way you look at it..or course morally..it wasn't a good thing but i dont think thats what this CAG cared about. He wanted Black Ops early and he got it. He even said he was getting the hardened edition off of Amazon..So he is still feeding the economy. Get off his back already.

by the way it does say bragging rights for the forum no? Thats all he is doing.

Maybe if infinity ward made the new CoD I would give a rip...but seeing as how Treyarch made it - the company that makes crappy game after crappy game after crappy game - I could care less because I will probably be nothing but disappointed anyway, especially if I wasted $50 to $60 buying it when it drops in a few days...

Even if I had a chance to buy it early (like I got ODST & Fable II back in the day - 3 weeks early for ODST and 2 weeks early for Fable II) I would most likely pass unless it was like $30 or something and I couldnt refuse... Then I would likely just re-sell it :whistle2:>

Congrats though if thats your cup of tea. Its always nice to get something before others, even if its a Treyarch game... ;-) I would pass on the bragging part in the future though, as people are jealous and will flame you. Have a good one.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just not worth bragging about because he paid more for a stolen disc only copy then he would have paid for a complete new copy off amazon. The only benefit is getting it a week early and honestly with all the AAA games out there I don't see that as much of a benefit.

I'd love to get it early disc only or whatever as long as the online works. I work 5 12's next week so I'll get barely any play time in. :(

I just looked and the bootleg version is out... I guess that means a friend of mine is already scoping out the MP maps locally and doing single player... I may have to give him a visit this weekend lol.

Ah, let him enjoy the game, who cares if he overpaid for a cd only version, in my mind he's still one lucky sob that gets chance to be amongst those able to play one of the most hyped games early, considering everyone and their mom out there went nuts preordering it and still have a few days of waiting to do (including myself!!).

I'm with the few defending this guy. Why do you care if he got a copy early? No need to flame.
He's excited about getting one of the biggest releases of the year early. Good for him. I'm a bit jealous, and I don't even plan on getting the game til it drops in price.

Bottom line is, he paid $50 for the disc. He can play through the SP this week, and when he gets his version, he can resell the disc and make all his money back. Heck, if he put it on craigslist this weekend he might get $55 for it.

How many of these are floating around?? Some guy in West Chester Ohio has a ad up with 4 copies... Says he bought um off eBay... Seems fishy because looking at EBay the same pics are listed in same city and bid is $122 for 1 disc...

Edit: he emailed me back and directed me to bid on eBay or make offer compareable to current prices. No thanks! I'd pay $50 for a disc only today though! You can easily get most of that back next week or hell even sell it Monday for the same or more someone would buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='skiizim']Wait till somebody robs your house and then sells your things on Craigslist, let's see if your story changes.[/QUOTE]

I just did. Now, I'm gonna sell him his stuff back. We both win.

Why are people trying to scare the OP? He's not going to get banned for anything. The copy is legitimate, though likely stolen.

[quote name='GameOverSuckas']I know how to get some of these games early as well, but I also know if you go on multiplayer before this game is released your name is banned for life.. so be careful[/QUOTE]
That's not true. There have been some instances of that (Forza 3 rings a bell), but not always. There's plenty of legit review copies out there, and they're not going to ban everybody. I wouldn't put it past them to ban him until the release day though. But as long as he has a legit copy and no modded firmware, I think he'll be fine.

Yea, let the guy be, anytime anyone does much of anything on this site you guys jump down their throats within minutes because you don't have anything better to do besides monitor a video game deals forum. YOU paid fifty dollars, $10 less than MSRP for a game that hasn't been released yet, case and manual or not, its a great deal if your satisfied! It always the same people who will within minutes look to come in with all this moral bullshit and this and that if it was the right thing to do.. get a grip. Life isn't fair I'm sure you guys aren't saints.

This site is so different from what it used to be back in the day

bread's done
Back