I think I got scammed by this fucking dude (EB related)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Draconus777

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I think I may have just got scammed by this fat dude at my mall EB. I purchased a USED copy of Monkey Island on PS2 13 days ago (on 3/6/05), and decided I would do better without it (and with a nice extra $13 in my pocket). So, today, I decided to return it, and when I get to the register, this fucking guy tells me I can't return the game. I asked him what the hell was with this policy, and he started describing to me a scenario with a NEW game, not an old game.

I must ask, is this some bullshit he was blowing out of his ass, did he think for some reason the game I had brought with me was NEW game despite being in one of those crappy custom EB PS2 cases that represent that the game is USED? Please dear god respond, I still have time to return it.

wrong forum, put up your flame sheild!
(btw, it depends on if you opened the game or not)

Ok, listen, it was a USED GAME, USED USED USED USED, NO WHITE SEAL, IT IS NATURALLY UNSEALED, IT WAS NEVER SEALED THE DAY I BOUGHT IT, IT WAS A USED GAME.

Now, with that being said, did I get scammed?

[quote name='smellhasreturned'][quote name='Scorch']If you opened the game, no deal. That little white seal on the case can't be broken.[/quote]

yep hes right[/quote]

EB seals their used games?

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']Ok, listen, it was a USED GAME, USED USED USED USED, NO WHITE SEAL, IT IS NATURALLY UNSEALED, IT WAS NEVER SEALED THE DAY I BOUGHT IT, IT WAS A USED GAME.

Now, with that being said, did I get scammed?[/quote]

they always seal their used games with a circular sticker...if it doesnt have taht sticker...your screwed

They're supposed to seal them.

He's right that he's not supposed to accept it...

But, if you tell them the game is broken (which is a legitimate excuse considering how scratched some of the games are), odds are pretty good you'll get your money back... or, at least another sealed copy.

[quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='Lord Draconus777']Ok, listen, it was a USED GAME, USED USED USED USED, NO WHITE SEAL, IT IS NATURALLY UNSEALED, IT WAS NEVER SEALED THE DAY I BOUGHT IT, IT WAS A USED GAME.

they always seal their used games with a circular sticker...if it doesnt have taht sticker...your screwed[/quote]

My eb uses no such sticker

Usually, EB clerks slap a sticker over the side of the case and if you break the seal, you can't return it (you can still exchange it if defective). They ruined my 3D cover of Fur Fighters for Dreamcast with one of those. I won't let them do it to my games anymore.

The ironic thing is, the guy that I mentioned is the one who sold it to me 12 days ago, and he's the one who broke the sticker when he put the game in the case. I hate EB, what a fucking shady company. I'm going to return only buying games at gamestop, atleast they aren't as big a rape you in the ass company.

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='Lord Draconus777']Ok, listen, it was a USED GAME, USED USED USED USED, NO WHITE SEAL, IT IS NATURALLY UNSEALED, IT WAS NEVER SEALED THE DAY I BOUGHT IT, IT WAS A USED GAME.

they always seal their used games with a circular sticker...if it doesnt have taht sticker...your screwed[/quote]

My eb uses no such sticker[/quote]

Neither does the one I.....go to thats 40 miles away from time to time for sales.

[quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='JimmieMac']Why's it matter if he's black?[/quote][/quote]

EDIT: TOOK OUT THIS SOMEWHAT CONTROVERSIAL MESSAGE FOR THE SAKE OF CONVENIENCE FOR THE MORONS WHO TOOK IT SERIOUSLY

[quote name='Samurai X']Go back there call him a shaq-fuing night trap and demand him to give you your money back or else.[/quote]

I dont see why you couldn't return it maybe is that nigger, try it with someone else.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='JimmieMac']Why's it matter if he's black?[/quote][/quote]

Because, minorities are more likely to scam you.[/quote]

Good point, white people never fu(k anybody over.

You didn't get scammed, you're just retarded, especially if you think minorities are more likely to scam you. If the guy really did open the seal, I'm sure if you explained all of this to the manager, he would have done something for you.

In the wrong forum no less.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='JimmieMac']Why's it matter if he's black?[/quote][/quote]

Racist...

[quote name='Trakan']You didn't get scammed, you're just retarded, especially if you think minorities are more likely to scam you. If the guy really did open the seal, I'm sure if you explained all of this to the manager, he would have done something for you. [/quote]

In essence, you're the retarded one, as you basically confirmed that I was scammed with that last setence.

[quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='Lord Draconus777'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='JimmieMac']Why's it matter if he's black?[/quote][/quote]

Good point, white people never fu(k anybody over.[/quote]

:lol: How true that is. /sarcasm

[quote name='whoknows'][quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='Lord Draconus777'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='JimmieMac']Why's it matter if he's black?[/quote][/quote]

:lol: How true that is.[/quote]

I never said that they didn't, I just made a stereotypic implication that minorities scam people more often, I honestly can't believe anyone took it so seriously.

Back to topic:

I return used games @ EB. If you don't like it you can trade it for credit within 10-14 days, I think. I recently bought Unreal 2 for Xbox. it was crap. Took it back, told them I didn't care for it, and got Rainbow Six instead. No problem.

There was this guy with his kids today, returning like 5 games because his kids didn't like them. That was a bit extreme, but the clerk took them.

Well, the clerks were white, though! :) JK

[quote name='whoknows'][quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='Lord Draconus777'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='JimmieMac']Why's it matter if he's black?[/quote][/quote]

:lol: How true that is. /sarcasm[/quote]

white people are always out to sue black people and black people are always out to rob or rape white people. it's just the way the world works!
j.k.

[quote name='sying']Anyone notice that this guy's name is erriely fililiar to our dear frield DLF? DLF under a new name maybe?[/quote]

Any Reagan fan can't make fun of a racist.

Plus I'm pretty sure he was kidding, he couldn't of been sserious, whos that stupid?

[quote name='Lord Draconus777'][quote name='whoknows'][quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='Lord Draconus777'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='JimmieMac']Why's it matter if he's black?[/quote][/quote]

I never said that they didn't, I just made a stereotypic implication that minorities scam people more often, I honestly can't believe anyone took it so seriously.[/quote]

Wow, he is serious, this deserves a banning.

[quote name='smalien1'][quote name='Lord Draconus777'][quote name='whoknows'][quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='Lord Draconus777'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='JimmieMac']Why's it matter if he's black?[/quote][/quote]

I never said that they didn't, I just made a stereotypic implication that minorities scam people more often, I honestly can't believe anyone took it so seriously.[/quote]

Wow, he is serious, this deserves a banning.[/quote]

Or a whipping

[quote name='smalien1'][quote name='Lord Draconus777'][quote name='whoknows'][quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='Lord Draconus777'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='JimmieMac']Why's it matter if he's black?[/quote][/quote]

Woah woah woah, reread my message, I was responding to the guy who said white people never screw anyone over, I thought that was obvious.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777'][quote name='Trakan']You didn't get scammed, you're just retarded, especially if you think minorities are more likely to scam you. If the guy really did open the seal, I'm sure if you explained all of this to the manager, he would have done something for you. [/quote]

In essence, you're the retarded one, as you basically confirmed that I was scammed with that last setence.[/quote]

Notice how I said "If."

Also, if it really bothered you, why didn't you just have him reseal it with another EB sticker?

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']I'm pretty sure the guy misinerpreted that I had a new game, because I'm never given this trouble at gamestop. How long ago did you make this return btw?[/quote]

So first the "minority" is scamming you, and now he misinterpreted you. What the hell?

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Lord Draconus777'][quote name='Trakan']You didn't get scammed, you're just retarded, especially if you think minorities are more likely to scam you. If the guy really did open the seal, I'm sure if you explained all of this to the manager, he would have done something for you. [/quote]

In essence, you're the retarded one, as you basically confirmed that I was scammed with that last setence.[/quote]

Also, if it really bothered you, why didn't you just have him reseal it with another EB sticker?[/quote]

I wasn't aware of this policy before I tried returning the game, as I almost never shop at EB, or return games in general. Now stop with your aggresive attitude.

[quote name='whoknows'][quote name='smalien1'][quote name='Lord Draconus777'][quote name='whoknows'][quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='Lord Draconus777'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='JimmieMac']Why's it matter if he's black?[/quote][/quote]

Or a whipping[/quote]

Tar and feathering?

[quote name='JimmieMac']Why's it matter if he's black?[/quote]
everything, first o.j. got off and now this clown wants to get 13 dollars back, we must stop them before they want equal rights or something.

[quote name='shadow9689']REVOLUTION!

(And, you need the sticker for the used game. Just say it's broked and you'll get a new one)[/quote]
but he wants his money back, not a new copy of the game.

[quote name='mcgavin27'][quote name='shadow9689']REVOLUTION!

(And, you need the sticker for the used game. Just say it's broked and you'll get a new one)[/quote]
but he wants his money back, not a new copy of the game.[/quote]

Well what is the odds the store has another copy of Monkey Island? I think they'd probably just give him store credit.

I've been to over ten different EB's, and in different states, I've never seen seals on used games.

Anyway, I think it's majorly fucked up when people "rent" used games from Eb and Gamestop. Now, I don't mind getting good deals, but that's just stealing.

everyone is making fun of my call for a ban but he deserves it, even if he was kidding, he said he was better than some one because his skin is lighter, I know I'm blowing it out of proporation but shit like this leads to racism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back