"I thought I had Yahtzee!" OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Mojimbo']Doesn't he only have two animated movies, with like more than 10 years in between the two?[/QUOTE]

All he really has is Corpse Bride. He only wrote the characters Nightmare was based on, but didn't direct.

Coraline is the lowest at DD with the SUPERSALE code right now.
Fry's is consistently the lowest priced B&M around me, I usually take the paper ad and PM at Best Buy since my Fry's is a gallon of gas there and back.
PMing at Best Buy is great because it still counts towards reward certs.

How much do you love this patent idea, Linkin?

The idea is that you walk around a "space" that's comprised of nothing but advertisements. And your avatar is no longer "you"; you're dressed up as an avatar of the advertiser's choosing. It's an ad for Verizon? You're Michael Bay. For Marley & Me? You're the dog. You get the idea.

To get you into this space in the first place, users would be "compensated" in some way for their time. Examples given are allowing them to use a fancy avatar that can do stuff, and offering prizes for ad-related trivia questions. To truly capture the horror of this idea, we'll let the patent explain for you:

In one example, to advertise the movie TRANSFORMERS, an advertiser may provide the robot BUMBLEBEE, which is a popular character in the movie, as the advertiser-generated avatar. The BUMBLEBEE avatar may include functionality to "transform" between the robot and the CHEVROLET CAMARO depicted in the movie.
http://kotaku.com/5319849/microsoft-patents-home+like-advertising-space

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I loved Coraline and I'd love to pick it up sooner rather than later, but Amazang charging $26 for pre-order is a bit steep for my pockets.[/QUOTE]I guess it costs so much because it comes with the Blu-ray, DVD, digital copy and 3D glasses.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']All he really has is Corpse Bride. He only wrote the characters Nightmare was based on, but didn't direct.[/QUOTE]Eh, I knew he didn't direct it and I'm not sure about the extent of his involvement with the writing but that's still kind of a big deal. Kind of like how True Romance definitely feels like Tarantino even though he "only" wrote it and Tony Scott directed.

Any OTTers get their HWV games from me yet?

--

$19.40 at DD seems to be the winner so far... still not sure if it's cheap enough for my cheap ass though.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Eh, I knew he didn't direct it and I'm not sure about the extent of his involvement with the writing but that's still kind of a big deal. Kind of like how True Romance definitely feels like Tarantino even though he "only" wrote it and Tony Scott directed.[/QUOTE]

Granted. I was merely nitpicking.

Hell's Kitchen was good. First hour seemed par for the course. Second one was exciting.

How the fuck do you get "$$$gy emo girl bullshit" from Death Note?

[quote name='Rocko']Hell's Kitchen was good. First hour seemed par for the course. Second one was exciting.

How the fuck do you get "$$$gy emo girl bullshit" from Death Note?[/QUOTE]

Every person IRL that I've heard talk about it has been a $$$gy emo girl. :whistle2:|

[quote name='Rocko']Damn. I totally balked at the idea of the South Park game being tower defense, but the video looks good.[/QUOTE]

Was that just announced? Answers some questions I had then.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']If there's a B&M I can get to, great, if not, online as a backup.

I loved Coraline and I'd love to pick it up sooner rather than later, but Amazang charging $26 for pre-order is a bit steep for my pockets.[/QUOTE]

Their last pre-order price was $19.49, and I managed to get in on that. Definitely was glad I did that once I saw the price jumped up the next day.

It really was a fantastic film.

[quote name='Rocko']Damn. I totally balked at the idea of the South Park game being tower defense, but the video looks good.[/QUOTE]
Yea I was pretty meh. The game trailers video has peaked my interest, the emphasis on 4 player real time action with the tower defense might make it a go.

Time fore some L4D.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Was that just announced? Answers some questions I had then.[/QUOTE]
A South Park game for XBLA has been official since E3 I think (not sure about the time frame, but I know that much was confirmed at some point) but this is the first news of what the game is like, yeah.

I hate falling asleep when it is light out, and then waking up after dark and being completely fucked up as to what day it is and what's going on.

Missed Hell's Kitchen. I'm actually kinda bummed.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Coraline was horrible. :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

Your disgruntled face will not prevent me from seeing it!

Or from enjoying this beer:
Old-Rasputin-med.gif

[quote name='rabbitt']Your disgruntled face will not prevent me from seeing it!

Or from enjoying this beer:
Old-Rasputin-med.gif
[/QUOTE]
That looks awesome. :[

But seriously, Coraline was gorgeous, but it was just not a good film. It had a lot of potential, but they killed it by making it much less creepy than they could have. Probably since it was targeted at kids.

Was Tim Burton really involved in Coraline or was his name just tacked on? Oh, it looks like Burton wasn't involved in Coraline? Whoops.

Bioshocked, is it a 2000 or a 3000? I don't think you can put CFW on a 3000, but I'm not positive.

For some reason that's still against the rules here, but GAF has a good thread on it that is really easy to pull up on Google.

[quote name='Mojimbo']How is that beverage, rabbitt?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Liquid 2']
That looks awesome. :[[/quote]

It's really fantastic if you like the style. Flavors include coffee, chocolate, and roasted nuts. It's a great beer to have every once in a while

---

So I guess 'Splosion Man is coming out tomorrow? (These dates keep changing...) Is anyone downloading it? I never played The Maw, but I'm going to try the demo.

[quote name='rabbitt']It's really fantastic if you like the style. Flavors include coffee, chocolate, and roasted nuts. It's a great beer to have every once in a while.[/QUOTE]That sounds :cool: but they only had it in a six pack. :0(

I get to see The Dead Weather on Saturday. Then, on Tuesday, Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

[quote name='Mojimbo']
That sounds :cool: but they only had it in a six pack. :0([/quote]

6!? I've only seen it in 4-packs here, which, with 9% ABV, is enough to get a good fellow pretty drunk.

Missed the first episode but the second one was really good. Cant wait to see what happens to that guy who wanted to fight Ramsey.

Cant believe Ive never watched this show before.

I think I'm going change the genre on all my hardcore and skramzs music to hardcore and skramz so that Genius will work properly. This isn't going to be fun.

EDIT:
Do you guys know a program that can automatically do this shit? iTunes did dumbass things like tag Black Flag as general rock, and it's gonna take forever to fix everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back