I thOughTT we agreed to nOTT use "otta" in the title of the OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='DT778']I want to see that movie but it's only playing in one theater that focuses on independent and foreign film and I dont feel like going out of my way to see it.[/QUOTE]

They're playing it across the street. Yay college campus.

[quote name='DT778']I want to see that movie but it's only playing in one theater that focuses on independent and foreign film and I dont feel like going out of my way to see it.[/quote]

You should...it worth it. I hate going to the movies bcause i rarely think that there is anything worth seeing in the first place. But i did see Pan's and it impressed the hell out of me.

Great moive.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']lionhart is still at work so i guess i'm going out to dinner by myself[/quote]

I'll go.

whats DoD sixers?

You should...it worth it. I hate going to the movies bcause i rarely think that there is anything worth seeing in the first place. But i did see Pan's and it impressed the hell out of me.

Great moive.
I'll probably wait til the dvd release.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']lionhart is still at work so i guess i'm going out to dinner by myself[/QUOTE] Awww. :cry: :lol:

My gf is coming over in a few, when she gets out of the office. I don't know if we're going out to eat or what. We had Mexican for lunch (as usual), so we don't have many options left. :lol:

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Damn. :cry:[/quote]
I don't think lionhart would appreciate it if you came over for dessert :lol:

hey subby, good ole Micky D's? Or if you're feeling ambitious, PIZZA HUT!

I think I'm gonna take the missus to Ruby Tuesdays tomorrow, as she's been wanting to go. Why the fuck does the closest one have to be an hour away though.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I think I am going to have to get Lumines off XBLA arcade. Probably will pre-order Halo 3 to get the 5 dollar point card to take the sting out of the cost.

Is the Advanced pack worth it and how about the rest of the content? I don't really care for puzzle games, but this one has me addicted.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'd show up eventually to answer this ;)

Lumines may seem pricey, but for its price, you're getting ALOT of content. Last time I checked, with all the bonuses, you're getting 52 skins (a skin is like a level). That's WAAAAAAAAAY more than any other Lumines game to date. With the current prices, Lumines costs you about... $24. It seems pricey, but, imo, it has the MOST replayability of ANY XBLA to date, barring a few games. I mean, look at it this way, you will always be able to play Lumines... something like Small Arms, you're throwing away $10 because nobody will play that online in a month (hell they probably don't play it now).

The base pack is 12 skins... imo, it's kinda light on skins, and I don't really like alot of the skins in it. The advance pack is 20 skins though, and very much worth it. The VS CPU mode is very fun and pretty challenging, and that comes with 11 skins, which is totally worth it for 100 points. The puzzle / mission mode provides a new spin on Lumines and you really have to think about what you're doing, and comes with six new skins - I like it alot. You can sample these modes in the Base Pack though, but for 100 points, might as well go for it. If you like the sample, it's well worth the tiny 100 point cost.

So yea, the Advance Pack is VERY worth it, 20 skins for 600 points? Hell, that's more than the base pack, which is what I think alot of people had a problem with when the game first came out.

I love the game, I play it constantly. Lumines Live has a mix of skins from Lumines 1, Lumines 2, and new skins made just for Lumines Live. You also get "Heavenly Shining Star" for free as well, which is the final song on Lumines 2 and alot of people's favorite song.

To be honest, I hate puzzle games too... many of them don't hold my interest at all. And believe me, I've played A LOT of puzzle games.. the only thing I really like is Tetris. But Lumines is the right mix of sounds, colors, and beats, and everything just flows so smoothly. I own Lumines for PSP, Lumines Live for 360, I'll probably end up getting Lumines Plus for PS2 just because I like the series that much (and just sell my PSP one).

Play the demo, which I see you have, and if you really enjoy it the full game is a no brainer to buy. Don't let the cost fool you, because it is easily the game with the most substance on XBLA.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I think I'm gonna take the missus to Ruby Tuesdays tomorrow, as she's been wanting to go. Why the fuck does the closest one have to be an hour away though.[/quote]

the last few times we've been to ruby tuesdays we've had shitty service. it's only a couple minutes down the road, and we *would* go there more if the service was better. i dunno about an hour drive though.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']After four rejections, I finally got my new license. It doesn't expire until 2051. :D[/quote]fucking arizona. I think my aunt has one until she's like 90 years old. Or something like that.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']hey subby, good ole Micky D's? Or if you're feeling ambitious, PIZZA HUT![/QUOTE] I haven't been to McD's for months. And that wasn't an accident. :lol:

I don't know about pizza though. :whistle2:k [quote name='SneakyPenguin']I think I'm gonna take the missus to Ruby Tuesdays tomorrow, as she's been wanting to go. Why the fuck does the closest one have to be an hour away though.[/QUOTE] Great burgers. I stopped eating meat almost 4 months ago though, so the fact that I'm less than 5 miles away from one matters little. :lol:

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']the last few times we've been to ruby tuesdays we've had shitty service. it's only a couple minutes down the road, and we *would* go there more if the service was better. i dunno about an hour drive though.[/quote]

She REALLY wants that new uber-burger they have, and IIRC, she's never been to a Ruby Tuesdays, plusI've always enjoyed them, so I figured why not.

love me some pizza. Been wanting one since the week started. San diego has a little italy so my roommate and I are going to try to go there soon to get some "real" pizza.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I haven't been to McD's for months. And that wasn't an accident. :lol:

I don't know about pizza though. :whistle2:k Great burgers. I stopped eating meat almost 4 months ago though, so the fact that I'm less than 5 miles away from one matters little. :lol:[/quote]

i used to be vegetarian. after about 4 years, i couldn't resist beefy meaty goodness any longer. pizza rules. if there's any dispute as to what to have for dinner, go for pizza.

[quote name='rabbitt']Has anyone ever talked a girl out of self-mutilating herself?

I need advice.[/QUOTE]

"stick it in her pooper"

Only thing I can think of is trying to show her that her life doesn't suck that badly, some sort of comfort.

[quote name='rabbitt']Has anyone ever talked a girl out of self-mutilating herself?

I need advice.[/QUOTE]

I suggest, if she lives close by, going to her house or whatever and hanging out with her - she's not going to do anything if someone else is there. This is also providing that comfort that crazy mentioned.

Long term solution is to let someone know, a parent, one of her friends, anybody, because she needs to get professional help in order to break the cycle. She'll get pissed you violated her trust but in the long run she will thank you, because this is only the gateway to larger problems if it continues.

I need advice.[/quote]
usually rationalizing is a good approach, even though she's obviously irrational right now. usually when people are depressed enough to cut themselves, there is little that will make them feel better because cutting releases endorphines. if they don't cut themselves, they'll probably engage in other self distructive behaviours.

Try suggesting she snaps a rubber band against herself instead of cutting. at least it isn't as dangerous.

roufie is right, if you can go there, do.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']usually rationalizing is a good approach, even though she's obviously irrational right now. usually when people are depressed enough to cut themselves, there is little that will make them feel better because cutting releases endorphines. if they don't cut themselves, they'll probably engage in other self distructive behaviours.

Try suggesting she snaps a rubber band against herself instead of cutting. at least it isn't as dangerous.

roufie is right, if you can go there, do.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's the reason people cut... can't sum it up any better than that. But most cutters are embarrassed by it, that's why they hide their scars if they can, so they won't do it if someone else is there.

She's telling you because, subconsciously, she *wants* help, so go over there, give her a hug, let her cry, be sympathetic, just show her that one person (you) does care and you don't want to see her hurt herself.

But it's only a band-aid to the problem, and if it keeps up she'll need some type of professional help because you can't be there 24 / 7, and what happens if you're not there for some reason?

[quote name='Roufuss']Yep, that's the reason people cut... can't sum it up any better than that. But most cutters are embarrassed by it, that's why they hide their scars if they can, so they won't do it if someone else is there.

She's telling you because, subconsciously, she *wants* help, so go over there, give her a hug, let her cry, be sympathetic, just show her that one person (you) does care and you don't want to see her hurt herself.

But it's only a band-aid to the problem, and if it keeps up she'll need some type of professional help because you can't be there 24 / 7, and what happens if you're not there for some reason?[/QUOTE]

She lives a block away.

She likes me.

Like that.

I need advice.[/QUOTE]
She's doing it for attention, and it's hard to say if she'll stop after you give her attention -- because the attention-getting device worked to begin with.

[quote name='Brak']She's doing it for attention, and it's hard to say if she'll stop after you give her attention -- because the attention-getting device worked to begin with.[/QUOTE]

I think I got into a mess, deciding to listen to her.

:/

[quote name='rabbitt']She lives a block away.

She likes me.

Like that.[/QUOTE]

Well, if she's threatening to do it for attention, that's a different beast entirely. If she's actually going to DO it, there is a whole other set of issues there that needs to be dealt with on a professional level.

It's not necessarily attention grabbing as it could be a cry for help, but none of us really know except for you. You asked for advice though, so I gave it, you just have to make the judgment call yourself ;)

But yea, cutting yourself isn't really something to fuck around with... it's an addictive sort of thing. She might not even do it if you give her the attention, maybe she was never planning to do it anyways and she's just nuts in the head, but if SHE is doing it then make sure to tell someone, because like all addictive things in life, it will just get worse and worse as it will take more cutting to numb the pain.

Look, if you seriously think it is a problem, tell her you are going to tell someone like a parent because you are concerned for her and want her to get help - if she's making this shit up, she will try everything in her power to convince you otherwise because she'll have alot of questions to answer to from a bunch of people. Don't try and handle this on your own. Just pass the buck to someone closer to her - this way, if she seriously cuts herself, you still got her help, and if she dosen't, well, that's what she gets for lying. Either way she probably won't talk to you for awhile.

[quote name='rabbitt']I think I got into a mess, deciding to listen to her.

:/[/QUOTE]

Can she be considered "hit-worthy"?

[quote name='rabbitt']I think I got into a mess, deciding to listen to her.

:/[/QUOTE]
The candle burns at both ends, with this shit. No matter what you do, it feels as though you'll receive the same results -- often times, that's how it is.

I've found the best thing to do - if you're not attracted to here - is to cause yourself to drift away from her conscious; mentally and physically.

That shit just isn't worth it, and it'll cause you far more grief than you deserve for trying to help.

[quote name='rabbitt']Part of the reason is because she's a Jehova's Witness.[/QUOTE]

Then getting help is going to be alot harder than it could be.

I still say tell someone like a parent or someone close to her... you don't seem close to her at all so you really aren't equipped or should have to handle this situation.

[quote name='Roufuss']Well, if she's threatening to do it for attention, that's a different beast entirely. If she's actually going to DO it, there is a whole other set of issues there that needs to be dealt with on a professional level.

It's not necessarily attention grabbing as it could be a cry for help, but none of us really know except for you. You asked for advice though, so I gave it, you just have to make the judgment call yourself ;)

But yea, cutting yourself isn't really something to fuck around with... it's an addictive sort of thing. She might not even do it if you give her the attention, maybe she was never planning to do it anyways and she's just nuts in the head, but if SHE is doing it then make sure to tell someone, because like all addictive things in life, it will just get worse and worse as it will take more cutting to numb the pain.

Look, if you seriously think it is a problem, tell her you are going to tell someone like a parent because you are concerned for her and want her to get help - if she's making this shit up, she will try everything in her power to convince you otherwise because she'll have alot of questions to answer to from a bunch of people. Don't try and handle this on your own. Just pass the buck to someone closer to her - this way, if she seriously cuts herself, you still got her help, and if she dosen't, well, that's what she gets for lying. Either way she probably won't talk to you for awhile.[/quote]

i agree. if she's doing it to do it, she needs help. the fact that she likes you and is telling you about it, it looks like it may be for attention and that is all sorts of complicated. i'd definately tell someone like a parent etc.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']i agree. if she's doing it to do it, she needs help. the fact that she likes you and is telling you about it, it looks like it may be for attention and that is all sorts of complicated. i'd definately tell someone like a parent etc.[/QUOTE]

I knew you'd agree ;)

If you just blow her off and ignore her, you are going to feel guilty as shit if she cuts herself and fucks herself up really badly. Tell someone, and then it's not your problem anymore, and she won't talk to you because you "betrayed her trust".

Problem solved, she'll get help, she won't talk to you, you don't feel guilt.

[quote name='Brak']The candle burns at both ends, with this shit. No matter what you do, it feels as though you'll receive the same results -- often times, that's how it is.

I've found the best thing to do - if you're not attracted to here - is to cause yourself to drift away from her conscious; mentally and physically.

That shit just isn't worth it, and it'll cause you far more grief than you deserve for trying to help.[/QUOTE]

Part of the reason why she's like this is because other guys have drifted from her for similar reasons.

[quote name='Roufuss']I knew you'd agree ;)

If you just blow her off and ignore her, you are going to feel guilty as shit if she cuts herself and fucks herself up really badly. Tell someone, and then it's not your problem anymore, and she won't talk to you because you "betrayed her trust".

Problem solved, she'll get help, she won't talk to you, you don't feel guilt.[/quote]

right. and she might eventually talk to you again. if you just ignore her and she DOES do something, not only will you be guilty, she definately won't talk to you anymore.

So, pizza is good.

Lionhart got home and we ran to the pizzeria down the street and picked up slices of their different specialty pizzas. a bbq chickn, a white, a napole.

[quote name='rabbitt']Part of the reason why she's like this is because other guys have drifted from her for similar reasons.[/QUOTE]
That's why the candle burns at both ends.

It's her fault -- not anybody else's.

I realized the reason why I no longer care for pizza and most Italian food: red sauce. I prefer alfredo, but most places don't offer alfredo pizza.

[quote name='rabbitt']Her parents and counselor know...

I guess they 'trust her' enough not to go too far.[/QUOTE]
That's really the thing: She's not going to kill herself.

If she does, then the show is over -- in the sense that she won't be around to see people mourning over her.

What she's doing is being insanely selfish, pawning off these contrived habits onto the consciences of others.

[quote name='zewone']I realized the reason why I no longer care for pizza and most Italian food: red sauce. I prefer alfredo, but most places don't offer alfredo pizza.[/quote]

they had alfredo and chicken alfredo

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']the last few times we've been to ruby tuesdays we've had shitty service. it's only a couple minutes down the road, and we *would* go there more if the service was better. i dunno about an hour drive though.[/quote]

Fukken seconded. I refuse to go there ever again. It took at least half an hour just to get some fucking water... and went downhill from there.

Plus the food sucked, but I blame it on being 7pm at night.

Outback ftw. :D

[quote name='Brak']That's really the thing: She's not going to kill herself.

If she does, then the show is over -- in the sense that she won't be around to see people mourning over her.

What she's doing is being insanely selfish, pawning off these contrived habits onto the consciences of others.[/QUOTE]

Ah, okay. I see.

Yeah, so... I don't want this drama...

[quote name='rabbitt']Ah, okay. I see.

Yeah, so... I don't want this drama...[/quote]

the thing to remember is that no matter what the reason, if it's attention-seeking or genuine manic behaviour, it's a mental illness. there's a very real medical problem that needs to be addressed.

[quote name='DT778']fucking arizona. I think my aunt has one until she's like 90 years old. Or something like that.[/quote]
They didn't even give me an eye test, so I see why there are so many idiots on the road. :lol:

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']the thing to remember is that no matter what the reason, if it's attention-seeking or genuine manic behaviour, it's a mental illness. there's a very real medical problem that needs to be addressed.[/QUOTE]
It's hard, being on the outside looking in, to say that this is the cutting mental illness. I mean, it's mental, of course... but is it voluntary or involuntary? Is she doing it for show, is it contrived... or can she truly not help it.

If her parents know about it, and it's not solved, that's their problem.

Regardless:

People who injure themselves have many different reasons for their actions. But it may be surprising to know that most people who self-injure don't want to die. That's why it's very different from suicide. A person who tries to commit suicide wants to end all feelings, good and bad, whereas someone who self-injures wants to feel better.

More than anything else, a girl who self-injures wants to get relief from terrible emotional pain and from intense feelings that she can't put into words. Often, these are feelings of anger, anxiety, or panic. Other feelings that may cause her to self-injure include depression, loneliness, guilt, emptiness, sadness, racing thoughts, numbness, or alienation.

http://www.iemily.com/article-479.html

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']the thing to remember is that no matter what the reason, if it's attention-seeking or genuine manic behaviour, it's a mental illness. there's a very real medical problem that needs to be addressed.[/QUOTE]

Well, people know, so I don't know what role I will play in this.

Exactly. Whatever the reason, if both her parents and counselor know but don't think she will "go the distance", drive over to her fucking house, find one of her parents, and say "Hey, your daughter is talking about hurting herself and you need to know".

If this is happening on AIM, print out the conversations, show them to her parents and her counselor, and place it on them.

You don't *NEED* to shoulder this burden, it's not your responsibility, just follow that advice and you are admonished from any guilt. It really truly sounds like she needs professional help.

And Brak, there is no magic off switch that will stop her from cutting - she may not want to go the distance and kill herself, but she could accidentally cut in the wrong place, and that's it, show's over. People who cut get addicted to it, and it needs to be treated like *any* other addiction. People who obsessively drink don't usually want to die from it, but accidents happen, and sometimes people just can't stop themselves. Nobody wants to overdose on drugs, but it happens.

Rabbitt, if this is happening online, PRINT OUT THE CONVERSATIONS, show her parents, tell them what is happening, if they choose to do nothing it's not your fault anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back