I wanna Vita

I have never had a vita so im not really worried abiut losing oled screen. Battery life and lighter is a win for me. I'm debating grabbing one on playasia.

I still torn on which model to get.  I want the OLED, but I want the better battery life and mico usb port.  Also, I don't want to buy the slim if a slim and bright/3000 model were to be released in about a year from now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still torn on which model to get. I want the OLED, but I want the better battery life and mico usb port. Also, I don't want to buy the slim if a slim and bright/3000 model were to be released in about a year from now.
Just get both models. I have 2 OLED Vitas and still plan to get the new slim model when it comes out. Plus if I see any brand new OLED models being blown out cheap, I'll get another to keep sealed as a backup.

Also, I doubt Sony will put out an improved slim anytime soon; the LCD in the new slim is probably just fine.

Just get both models. I have 2 OLED Vitas and still plan to get the new slim model when it comes out. Plus if I see any brand new OLED models being blown out cheap, I'll get another to keep sealed as a backup.

Also, I doubt Sony will put out an improved slim anytime soon; the LCD in the new slim is probably just fine.
I get to show this post to my wife to make my request for one vita completely sensible. lol

I still torn on which model to get. I want the OLED, but I want the better battery life and mico usb port. Also, I don't want to buy the slim if a slim and bright/3000 model were to be released in about a year from now.
I doubt they release a slim with the OLED screen.....the OLED screen is the main reason they came with a slim version....the LCD screen makes the Vita cheaper to make....and you must want to put Videos on youtube if you want one with a micro usb port.....me personally I prefer the original model.....yeah it has more gerth to it but it feels good in my hands and if it falls I have confidence that it won't break in to

it looks like the PSV 2000 is also missing that mystery port on the top. It's still unknown what it's for, but PSV Slim owners will miss out on whatever is supposed to connect there

I imagine the fact that the mystery port has been removed means that it will forever be a mystery port lol Like the nfc sensor on the wiiU gamepad. Soon that will be gone.

The mystery port is never going to be used for anything, so it's no loss. Is it right that you can record video from a Vita-2000's micro-usb port? If so that's a big plus, but is that just speculation? I'm guessing it's just speculation.

nfc on the wii u gamepad is not a mystery and it is in use by Pokemon Rumble.  Others game deciding to not utilize it is completely different matter than Vita having some hardware that no one know its use, let alone wanting to utilize it.

My White/White PS Vita Slim will be here from Japan tomorrow! Cannot wait! Only paid 236. I'll take 36$ to have it almost 4 months early. And it's from Japan! Yes I get excited easily.

I doubt they release a slim with the OLED screen.....the OLED screen is the main reason they came with a slim version....the LCD screen makes the Vita cheaper to make....and you must want to put Videos on youtube if you want one with a micro usb port.....me personally I prefer the original model.....yeah it has more gerth to it but it feels good in my hands and if it falls I have confidence that it won't break in to
I don't know about this business about recording videos on youtube. I honestly have no interest in that. I would rather have TV output and use the slim Vita as a controller.

I have more micro usb cables lying around as well. Knowing my luck though, I'd probably fry my Vita plugging the Vita specific cable in backwards like some here have claimed to have done.

If I can get a pouch like the one that came with PSP would it fit a slim vita? I just want a case thats slim not bulky. Needs to fit in the breast pocket of a sport coat.

I wish they would have made the sticks click for the R3/L3 buttons.  I'd be in for another one in a second if they put that feature in.

I'm really enjoying the Japanese Vita slim. The screen is great and the battery is spectacular. I left it on standbye for 2 days and the battery was still showing full when I woke it up for some Rainbow Sun. As a second screen for PS4 it works very well, but if you are watching the TV and the Vita there is a smidge of lag. It's not as good as the Wii U gamepad in that regard. Moving my Final Fantasy Origins with my saved game was a dream come true. No idea why I never bought one. I can't imagine how good the OLED looks if the LCD is this nice.

I love my Vita. I've had two. I traded my first in because of the lack of games, but after the adding of Plus and Borderlands 2, not to mention the remote play for PS4 I picked one back up.

bread's done
Back