I would like to thank the CAG that...

Socheata

CAGiversary!
Feedback
124 (100%)
...provided me with the FREE Shick Quattro blade! After months of agonizing, I finally got the blade. Peep out the pics...

SCH001.jpg

SCH002.jpg

SCH003.jpg

I'm super sexy now! w007 w007

[quote name='jbroush99']How long until you will grow some facial hair to shave?[/quote]
:rofl:

You beat me!

[quote name='Scorch']That thing looks like it works pretty good.[/quote]

its meh at best. I personally will stick with my Mach 3 Turbo when the blade wears out.

with all that said, it was still a really good deal

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Scorch']That thing looks like it works pretty good.[/quote]

its meh at best. I personally will stick with my Mach 3 Turbo when the blade wears out.

with all that said, it was still a really good deal[/quote]

Well you are right about it being just okay, but it looks really cool!

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']im that CAG and you're welcome....now try it out on your eyebrows :lol:[/quote]

Thank you!

What's wrong with my eyebrows? :cry:

People don't take enough pics on this site. Good show.

Now, get back to talkin' back to your momma and bangin' bitches with no rubbers, playa.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Scorch']That thing looks like it works pretty good.[/quote]

Yeah, I like my Mach 3, too. Used it to shave my head. :)

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Scorch']That thing looks like it works pretty good.[/quote]

Yeah, I like my Mach 3, too. Used it to shave my head. :)[/quote]

You shave it twice a day?

[quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='AdamInPlaidum'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Scorch']That thing looks like it works pretty good.[/quote]

Yeah, I like my Mach 3, too. Used it to shave my head. :)[/quote]

You shave it twice a day?[/quote]

Nope, just shaved it once, and now I'm letting it grow back in.

Yesyes, I received my Quatro about a week ago...I haven't had a chance to try it out, but...four blades...how could there be anything better?!

[quote name='Kryian']Yesyes, I received my Quatro about a week ago...I haven't had a chance to try it out, but...four blades...how could there be anything better?![/quote]

five? :shock:

[quote name='The Successful Dropout'][quote name='Kryian']Yesyes, I received my Quatro about a week ago...I haven't had a chance to try it out, but...four blades...how could there be anything better?![/quote]

five? :shock:[/quote]

each year, they keep adding one more blade and say "you've got to try this...M0RE BL4DEzzz!!!"

[quote name='"Kryian"']Yesyes, I received my Quatro about a week ago...I haven't had a chance to try it out, but...four blades...how could there be anything better?![/quote]

Anyone else reminded of the Mad TV skit about the razor with 15 blades on it?

[quote name='The Truth 34'][quote name='Kryian']Yesyes, I received my Quatro about a week ago...I haven't had a chance to try it out, but...four blades...how could there be anything better?![/quote]

Anyone else reminded of the Mad TV skit about the razor with 15 blades on it?[/quote]

The only Mad TV sketch I can remember being funny was Talcum X, talc powder for black people.

[/quote] Anyone else reminded of the Mad TV skit about the razor with 15 blades on it?[/quote]

I remember that. I got one of these razors last week. Not that great really but it took a layer of skin off I think. Back to 3 blades for me, 4 is too much I guess.

[quote name='JimmieMac']People don't take enough pics on this site. Good show.

Now, get back to talkin' back to your momma and bangin' bitches with no rubbers, playa.[/quote]

You wouldn't dare son. Not wit da SUPA STRAIN out now, giving out mad AIDS to all the playas.

I'm all about the M3 myself.

How do you all extend the life of your blade/get the closest shave?

I do the following "extra" steps and it works great

1. Wash face in boiling water
2. Dunk blade in said water
3. Wipe off blade since water left on them wears them down faster.

I have to shave every 2-3 days and manage to get about 2-3 weeks worth of use out of one blade when doing the above.

If only I could permenantly get ride of this awful facial hair...

[quote name='janglypangly']O man what a sexy shaven asian face! lol[/quote]

Hehe...

I should've taken a pic before I shaved to show the results. Oh well, here's a pic of me (nearly a year ago) with a 'stache...

soch1.jpg

[quote name='Kryian']Yesyes, I received my Quatro about a week ago...I haven't had a chance to try it out, but...four blades...how could there be anything better?![/quote]

Just wait... how else do you think they beat 3 blades aka the Mach 3?

Answer: 4 blades

So how do you top that? Some genius will get a light bulb and say: "I've got it! Let's add 1 more blade!"

[quote name='Ecofreak']How do you all extend the life of your blade/get the closest shave?
I have to shave every 2-3 days and manage to get about 2-3 weeks worth of use out of one blade when doing the above. [/quote]

I have a shower mirror (one that resists fogging), and I shave at the end of my shower, while still in the shower with the hot water running. The steam that is let off from the hot water tends to soften my beard over the course of the shower and reduces irritation. I get the same blade lifetime you do: I shave every 2-3 days and use each blade for 2-3 weeks.

[quote name='JimmieMac']People don't take enough pics on this site. Good show.
[/quote]

Here, I took a pic just for you.

roll.jpg

As you can tell, I'm a total cheapass.

Here's the picture you want of me, though ;) I'm on the right

richdaisy.jpg

I must now state that about six months ago, CVS was having a deal where if you bought a set of four replacement cartridges for the Quattro, they'd give you a Quattro razor for free. At the same time, there was also a coupon out that entitled you to a set of four cartridges for free if you bought a Quattro razor. I combined the deals and ended up only paying tax for four Quattros and four sets of cartridges. Kept two for myself and gave the other two out as Christmas presents. The Quattro ain't bad, though it seems to get clogged too easily, and if you cut yourself, it's four times the hurt.

Holy crap, I recognize you, Socheata. I think we attended the same Microsoft Office class at Fresno City, where Owens couldn't pronounce your name correctly for a long time. :lol:

On topic, I'm very surprised that so many CAG's are using disposable razors. An electric shaver is just so much more convenient and saves money in the long run. (Yes, I know that you don't get as close of a shave, but it's a trade-off that I am more than willing to take.)

[quote name='Rich']Eletric razors suck and my Mach 3 can last a good month at a time on a single razor.[/quote]
I used to use Mach 3 razors, and I don't remember them lasting a month. They seemed to get dull on me after about a week, but perhaps they've improved and/or I wasn't maintaining them properly. The main factor for me is convenience, though. I can forget about shaving until I'm stepping out the door to go to work (which happens quite a bit), and take care of it in a couple of minutes with no mess whatsoever.

I usually don't shave on the weekends, and try to only shave 3 times during the week, unless it's really bad. I hate shaving, so that might explain it lasting a month.

thread on shaving, solid

when i first started shaving, i used whatever my dad had (disposable bics, sometimes an electric razor, gilette shaving cream), and eventually migrated to the mach 3 when it came out a few years ago...and things were ok, shaving was always a chore though, and my shave, while ok, was never exceptional- plus blades cost $$$

so what else is out there?

there are straight razors, you know when you go to a barber, not a fancy ladies salon, but a guy's oldtime barbershop, that's the straight razor- a bit intimidating to try after the relative safety of the mach3

the other option is the double edge razor, and this is a mechanical thing of beauty, we're talking high end german craftmanship (gilette abandoned the market in favor of the more lucrative disposables), and platinum coated stainless steel blades that cost a fraction of the mach 3 blades (under $.50 each, often much less) and they last longer. You drop the blade (picture a razor from a high school science class but better) into the butterfly opening and shave away. it's an entirely different (and imo opinion, better) experience.

But why stop there, besides improving the device, one can drastically improve the other components. Gel or shaving foam from a can? Not only is there a less expensive option, but a more relaxing option that is better for one's skin, provides a closer shave and is overall just more fun to use. A shaving brush and a tub of shaving cream. You work up a lather in a shaving bowl with some hot water that puts cream or gel from a can to shame, and this stuff lasts far longer than the can as it needs far less to work up the lather. Then the shaving brush, or badger as it is made from the hairs of the badger's neck, is used to apply the shaving cream.

This is only the tip of the iceberg in terms of all kinds of additonal levels to better the shaving process, but i am getting long in the wind. i have found that it transforms my shaving experience from mundane, everday drudgery that i would often dread or avoid into an enjoyable practice that makes my skin look healthier, is cheaper, relaxing and overall more masculine of an experience than using a process that is basically identical to how ladies shave their legs.

I also got my free quattro blade, thanks op, but after a single use, you can put more blades on, but as the saying goes, it's still a honda.

lastly, everyone, and i mean everyone who shaves should know about the power of alum blocks or styptic pens.

I recommend the M3 Power! That thing is sweet!

"shave 2-3 times a day" How old are you guys, like 12? I have to shave every day.

Anyway, the M3 is very nice, the closest shave I have had since I was 12.

As far as the electrics, ya they save money but they don't shave as close as a razor.

[quote name='Javil']Holy crap, I recognize you, Socheata. I think we attended the same Microsoft Office class at Fresno City, where Owens couldn't pronounce your name correctly for a long time. :lol:[/quote]

Hot damn! Who are you? Haha.

Yeah, I did attend Owen's Microsoft Office class at Fresno City last semester. Such a small world...

[quote name='hotwls13']I recommend the M3 Power! That thing is sweet!

"shave 2-3 times a day" How old are you guys, like 12? I have to shave every day.

Anyway, the M3 is very nice, the closest shave I have had since I was 12.

As far as the electrics, ya they save money but they don't shave as close as a razor.[/quote]

I'm 19. I have to shave everyday, well, unless I want to look like a bum.

Heh, I shave as little as possible because I like the stubby look. I hate shaving, so if I can get by on looking like a bum, I'll take it.

bread's done
Back